Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427145 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Gudnexvincent(f): 1:31am On Jan 23, 2020
brownesugar:
Thanks everyone i picked up my visa this morning,it was a emotional sight for me.....
Pls whats the next step once i land there am slated to travel ist week in February and whats the weather like in chicago&Indianapolis any one with clue and kindly help with necessary things to note..@legitbachelor,@sharpman and other elders.. thank you

Congratulations brownsugar. In so happy for you.
I'll like to contact you so I can ask you a few personal questions if you don't mind. Pls spare a minute and email me at Gudnexvince@gmail.com. thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Gudnexvincent(f): 1:50am On Jan 23, 2020
Attraction:
My K1 visa was approved and I want to say a big thank you to LegitBachealor & the rest of the members here for all the contributions. I had my interview on Jan 15th and I just tracked it, it's showing issued, so waiting for the notification to go to DHL. So let me give the low down how everything happened.

Our case actually expired on 28th Dec,2019 but I was able to get interview date before expiration. I did my medicals in Lagos 13th December and picked it on 14th January morning because I don't stay in Lagos. Even though it was ready as at 23rd December. The consultant practice Ikoyi very friendly people.

I collected police certificate same day I did medicals and paid them 8k at Alagbon picked it up same day.

On 14th January I lodged at Atlantic hotel vi lagos musa yaradua road. I didn't want stories. The hotel is 25k per a night and I didn't mind because I wanted to be close to the embassy as possible. Woke up 5am and got to the embassy 5.30am. People don full everywhere. I paid one security 1k and dropped my bag and phone. My interview was for 7.30am.

So after all the queue and all, we were inside for the interview. No be small thing. Those for visit visa b1/b2 were just so much. I kept hearing please take your passport you re not eligible for the US visa...I'm sorry I'm sorry everywhere GOD. Those for immigrants were about 40. I focused on myself, already arranged all my documents in different transparent folders. Secondary evidence, primary evidence, compulsory requirements etc.

My turn for the submission window and thumbprint verification. The lady asked for Affidavit of support, police clearance certificate, medicals (don't open it until you get to the embassy & they ask you to at the queue), original birth certificate, w2 tax etc, passport photo and my international passport. I gave her all in 2 mins. Had it all arranged in my compulsory folder. Then I sat down and waited till I was called around 11.30am

The consular officer a black American asked me to take the oath which I did, finger print and interview startedooo. I tried my best to keep an eye contact on him, everything I learnt on this forum. Questions upon questions

So who filed for you?
How did you meet?
Where's she from?
Where does she stay ? ( THIS one I named the address in full)
What does she do?
Where does she work?
How many times have you met?
When did you propose?

I was already doing so well with All my legit answers then from nowhere he asked me this question...

You have been denied tourist visa 3 times, what's the circumstances surrounding it?

I explained to him the conference I wanted to attend but was denied, i gave him dates of all the application even the 1st one in 2014. No lie at all. Thank GOD I never lied in my application or said married when I was single.

He then asked me if I had ever lived outside Nigeria...I said No.

Next thing he said I believe I have enough information to approve your visa. He gave me two papers and said I should pick up my visa in two weeks and circled the Dhl address. I said thank you.

Wow it can only be GOD. Nigeria is really on a radar even if you are genuine, you need to pray that everything works out well.

Yankee here we come okooo

Thanks everyone!!!
so happy for you. Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 2:33am On Jan 23, 2020
JWTheocracy1:
Hey folks, who can help me search for a cheap ticket for 2nd of February... preferably Emirates or KLM. Final destination is Charlotte NC. Be it one way or round trip is ok... but if the latter, the return date should be 6th of April.

Qatar Airways are very cheap and they’re one of the best airlines

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 2:56am On Jan 23, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Honestly just check vj guides or use vj search bar, use poe and then your state on the search bar.

Hey poster,there’s really no big deal about coming here after getting your visa,I live in Delaware and there’s no intl airport here so I came in through Philadelphia and I wasn’t drilled for anything,got to the Poe,scanned my finger and was taken to a room where my sealed envelope was collected and my passport was stamped,was told to get married within 90 days and that was all.a random Dhs officer met me on my way to the agric section where you have to declare your food and collected my passport and asked me why I was getting married,caught me of guard but we ended up bantering and that was it.im yet to do my aos but I’m married to wifey already.
Plus: Most of those officers especially whites are not that friendly or maybe it’s just where I came in through

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 5:00am On Jan 23, 2020
Sukey:

Hey poster,there’s really no big deal about coming here after getting your visa,I live in Delaware and there’s no intl airport here so I came in through Philadelphia and I wasn’t drilled for anything,got to the Poe,scanned my finger and was taken to a room where my sealed envelope was collected and my passport was stamped,was told to get married within 90 days and that was all.a random Dhs officer met me on my way to the agric section where you have to declare your food and collected my passport and asked me why I was getting married,caught me of guard but we ended up bantering and that was it.im yet to do my aos but I’m married to wifey already.
Plus: Most of those officers especially whites are not that friendly or maybe it’s just where I came in through

I think you quoted the wrong moniker bro. Happy married life and you are right about them officers, they ain’t friendly, expect more of that from people also. Enjoy.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 7:26am On Jan 23, 2020
Attraction:
My K1 visa was approved and I want to say a big thank you to LegitBachealor & the rest of the members here for all the contributions. I had my interview on Jan 15th and I just tracked it, it's showing issued, so waiting for the notification to go to DHL. So let me give the low down how everything happened.

Our case actually expired on 28th Dec,2019 but I was able to get interview date before expiration. I did my medicals in Lagos 13th December and picked it on 14th January morning because I don't stay in Lagos. Even though it was ready as at 23rd December. The consultant practice Ikoyi very friendly people.

I collected police certificate same day I did medicals and paid them 8k at Alagbon picked it up same day.

On 14th January I lodged at Atlantic hotel vi lagos musa yaradua road. I didn't want stories. The hotel is 25k per a night and I didn't mind because I wanted to be close to the embassy as possible. Woke up 5am and got to the embassy 5.30am. People don full everywhere. I paid one security 1k and dropped my bag and phone. My interview was for 7.30am.

So after all the queue and all, we were inside for the interview. No be small thing. Those for visit visa b1/b2 were just so much. I kept hearing please take your passport you re not eligible for the US visa...I'm sorry I'm sorry everywhere GOD. Those for immigrants were about 40. I focused on myself, already arranged all my documents in different transparent folders. Secondary evidence, primary evidence, compulsory requirements etc.

My turn for the submission window and thumbprint verification. The lady asked for Affidavit of support, police clearance certificate, medicals (don't open it until you get to the embassy & they ask you to at the queue), original birth certificate, w2 tax etc, passport photo and my international passport. I gave her all in 2 mins. Had it all arranged in my compulsory folder. Then I sat down and waited till I was called around 11.30am

The consular officer a black American asked me to take the oath which I did, finger print and interview startedooo. I tried my best to keep an eye contact on him, everything I learnt on this forum. Questions upon questions

So who filed for you?
How did you meet?
Where's she from?
Where does she stay ? ( THIS one I named the address in full)
What does she do?
Where does she work?
How many times have you met?
When did you propose?

I was already doing so well with All my legit answers then from nowhere he asked me this question...

You have been denied tourist visa 3 times, what's the circumstances surrounding it?

I explained to him the conference I wanted to attend but was denied, i gave him dates of all the application even the 1st one in 2014. No lie at all. Thank GOD I never lied in my application or said married when I was single.

He then asked me if I had ever lived outside Nigeria...I said No.

Next thing he said I believe I have enough information to approve your visa. He gave me two papers and said I should pick up my visa in two weeks and circled the Dhl address. I said thank you.

Wow it can only be GOD. Nigeria is really on a radar even if you are genuine, you need to pray that everything works out well.

Yankee here we come okooo

Thanks everyone!!!

@attraction congratulations welcome on board more testimonies to flow in..ijn..Amen..cheers
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by JWTheocracy1: 7:47am On Jan 23, 2020
Who's in Charlotte NC let's hangout! I need a job oo grin grin grin
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 8:53am On Jan 23, 2020
Kk
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Valentine00700: 9:40am On Jan 23, 2020
Please I needs help on this area
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicksonadams(m): 9:54am On Jan 23, 2020
kunlelikeme:
What do you guys see to this travel ban on Nigerians? It is so sad that our leaders has successfully drag us into this mess

It is more like our youth dragging us into this mess with their 419 and yahoo yahoo.. Though the leaders self no help matter. Sometimes you wish you no be naija self sad
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 10:05am On Jan 23, 2020
toksbaba2000:

I am k1 beneficiary, petition approved and NVC got me a case number at the embassy. When can I secure appointment after I got notification from NVC.

My second question is that I overstayed my b1 b2 visa for 2 weeks and got deported 9years ago. Don't know if I have better chance at this k1 visa appointment.

Hello @toksbaba2000
Just saw your comment & decided to ask what the outcome was with the above situation.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by integritylady(f): 4:32pm On Jan 23, 2020
Study4life:

Wow!
Congratulations kunle
Congratulations
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2020
@brownesugar please did you get a text from the embassy regarding your passport pick up? I got the attached email from them few minutes ago. Does that mean I can go pick my passport up? Also did you go with an ID? I don’t know if a photocopy of my passport data page will do. A swift response from those that have picked up their passport will be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2020
dicsnemma:
@brownesugar please did you get a text from the embassy regarding your passport pick up? I got the attached email from them few minutes ago. Does that mean I can go pick my passport up? Also did you go with an ID? I don’t know if a photocopy of my passport data page will do. A swift response from those that have picked up their passport will be highly appreciated.
Yes you can go pick up your passport and medical parcel. It has been picked up by DHL so it's ready for collection. You can go with a photocopy of your datapage. You may also need to show them the email you got.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 9:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
LegitBachelor:
Yes you can go pick up your passport and medical parcel. It has been picked up by DHL so it's ready for collection. You can go with a photocopy of your datapage. You may also need to show them the email you got.

Thanks Legit. Noted
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 2:42pm On Jan 24, 2020
Please I got a mail my passport is ready for collection and at where I chose Dhl port Harcourt. But with what I ve read here, it should be in the place the consular officer circled for me in DHL VI Lagos abi? I don't want to waste my time and get to PH and they will say it's not there. Please advise...
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:56pm On Jan 24, 2020
Attraction:
Please I got a mail my passport is ready for collection and at where I chose Dhl port Harcourt. But with what I ve read here, it should be in the place the consular officer circled for me in DHL VI Lagos abi? I don't want to waste my time and get to PH and they will say it's not there. Please advise...
VI

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 2:04am On Jan 25, 2020
dicsnemma:

@dicsnemma thats the message,its ready for pick up..cheers

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 4:55am On Jan 25, 2020
If my fiance lives in New York, but I'm landing in Newark NJ...is it a problem? Because of the envelope I need to submit at point of entry. Must it be the city my fiance lives? Pls advise

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 11:55am On Jan 25, 2020
Attraction:
If my fiance lives in New York, but I'm landing in Newark NJ...is it a problem? Because of the envelope I need to submit at point of entry. Must it be the city my fiance lives? Pls advise

I think I’ll need clarification on that too, because I’ll be passing through New York to Virginia.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Innobeem: 3:42pm On Jan 25, 2020
dicsnemma:

I think I’ll need clarification on that too, because I’ll be passing through New York to Virginia.
there is no problem you can land anywhere. Mine live in North Carolina I landed first at New York

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Innobeem: 3:43pm On Jan 25, 2020
Land anywhere
dicsnemma:

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Innobeem: 3:43pm On Jan 25, 2020
Attraction:
you can land anywhere, no problem
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Innobeem: 3:46pm On Jan 25, 2020
dicksonadams:

It is more like our youth dragging us into this mess with their 419 and yahoo yahoo.. Though the leaders self no help matter. Sometimes you wish you no be naija self sad
ban or no ban ppl will still travel. Them no mention anybody name for the ban. Naija go still travel don’t be scared
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Innobeem: 3:51pm On Jan 25, 2020
Whitemagic:
Good day guys. Pls any info on US work visa? Or a thread where I can get detailed info about it. Thanks

google
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 4:10pm On Jan 25, 2020
Innobeem:
ban or no ban ppl will still travel. Them no mention anybody name for the ban. Naija go still travel don’t be scared
What are you saying? Do you know what's happening in Iran or Venezuela? The stress people are going through?... Solid prayer we need so we get reunited with our better half on time before we get all mudded up here in Nigeria.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 4:51pm On Jan 25, 2020
Innobeem:
there is no problem you can land anywhere. Mine live in North Carolina I landed first at New York

So the package you’re to give the CBP, did you hand it over at the JFK airport in New York or at the airport in North Carolina?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 7:44pm On Jan 25, 2020
dicsnemma:

So the package you’re to give the CBP, did you hand it over at the JFK airport in New York or at the airport in North Carolina?

Your first POE is where ull hand over the package to them. In this case, it'll be JFK airport in Newyork.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by olamide0147: 8:06pm On Jan 25, 2020
brownesugar:

@attraction congratulations welcome on board more testimonies to flow in..ijn..Amen..cheers
my girlfriend is about to come down to Nigeria which will make it the first we are meeting in person and she intends to file for my k1 application, I hope one time meeting isn't bad or what are my chances ...she has a good job and own properties she's 54 and I'm 30, I really need help on what to do.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 11:22pm On Jan 25, 2020
sandraigho:

Your first POE is where ull hand over the package to them. In this case, it'll be JFK airport in Newyork.

I thought as much. Thanks for clarifying

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.