Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (426034 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2021
anduyo:
I had my interview on Wednesday ( was postponed from last year). So after submitting my documents I sat and waited for my number to be called.
Vo- who filled for u? I answered
Vo- and who is she to you?
Vo- when was the first time you met in person?
Vo- so how did it go? ( she was looking for a story and I gave her one)
Vo- have you met her parents?
Vo- when did you engage her?
Vo- how do you communicate with her?
Vo- what is the time difference?
Vo- so how come you communicate that much?
Vo- what does she do?
Vo- where does she leave and if she leaves alone?
Vo- is it a house or an apartment?
Vo- do you have any plans to work when you get there and what job do you have in mind?
Vo- I think all looks good here (after looking though the documents I submitted earlier) I will approve your visa, make sure you go through those pamphlets. Congratulations you will be contacted when your visa is ready.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 10:46pm On Apr 24, 2021
anduyo:
I had my interview on Wednesday ( was postponed from last year). So after submitting my documents I sat and waited for my number to be called.
Vo- who filled for u? I answered
Vo- and who is she to you?
Vo- when was the first time you met in person?
Vo- so how did it go? ( she was looking for a story and I gave her one)
Vo- have you met her parents?
Vo- when did you engage her?
Vo- what does she do?
Vo- do you have any plans to work when you get there and what job do you have in mind?
Vo- I think all looks good here (after looking though the documents I submitted earlier) I will approve your visa, make sure you go through those pamphlets. Congratulations you will be contacted when your visa is ready.

congratulations to you

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 6:59am On Apr 25, 2021
Treasureprince1:
congratulations to you

Thanks, I have been following this thread for like 3 years now (quietly), thanks to you and others like you that kept updating us with things and what to do or to look at for. Thank you thank you and thank you.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 8:02am On Apr 25, 2021
anduyo:

Thanks, I have been following this thread for like 3 years now (quietly), thanks to you and others like you that kept updating us with things and what to do or to look at for. Thank you thank you and thank you.
welcome brother, I'm glad this thread was helpful, I wish you the best in your marriage .
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Jixer: 8:56am On Apr 25, 2021
Please when did your fiancé file for you?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 8:59am On Apr 26, 2021
Jixer:
Please when did your fiancé file for you?

September 2019
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Coquinoqui: 1:23pm On Apr 26, 2021
[quote author=anduyo post=101092586][/quote]

Congratulations to you brother. Did you submit bachelor certificate also know as certificate of no marriage?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 4:34am On Apr 27, 2021
Coquinoqui:

Congratulations to you brother. Did you submit bachelor certificate also know as certificate of no marriage?

No
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OTKAE(m): 9:17am On Apr 27, 2021
Congrats to those who recently had a successful visa interview! And to those whose interview is around the corner, I wish u all the best..

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Coquinoqui: 12:22pm On Apr 27, 2021
anduyo:

No

OK thanks. Cos I have a son but never married just wandering if bachelor cert is necessary
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2021
Hello guys,so it’s been a while I posted here but here’s my update,I got my green card,my interview was on the 5th of April and even though the interviewer didn’t approve us on the spot,we were approved 2 hours later,and I got my card the following week,I pretty much went with every possible thing plus we have a baby together so I think that must have helped,they didn’t ask us no personal questions or anything like that,just asked us to submit every evidence we have and stuff like that,thank you to everybody who has shared info in one way or the other to make this progress possible,y’all are the real mvp’s

6 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NotaMod: 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2021
ark4sunshine:
Hello gurus in the house. I really need help on this. I came to the US 2017 but before leaving i got my baby mama pregnant. When i got to the US. I fell in love with someone else and got married but never indicated i had a child (Personal reasons). I got my gc and i am a citizen already. Everything went by so quick. So i will say its grace. Now the issue is. Am separated with the woman i married and we re in the process of divorce which will be over soon. Feb 2021 i travelled to dubai for 2 weeks to meet up with my baby mama and my daughter. And now i want them to come over here. Can i still apply k1 & k2 visa for both of them. Considering the fact that my baby mama is her mom so she qualifies for k2 but she already has my surname in her passport. Am just confused if that doesnt pose a threat as to why she has my surname on her passport and i didnt declared i have a child through out my gc and citizenship process.

This story no follow.
From F1 to green card to citizenship all within 4 years ( plus processing time)

Anyways, if you got your PR through marriage to a US citizen, to avoid too many issues, it's best to wait at least 3-5 years before filing for your original wife to avoid "maximum wahalah"

But

Filing for your foreign born kids should be straightforward regardless of whether they were claimed originally on the immigrant petition. Embassy probably would ask for a DNA result during the app process.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2021
Sukey:
Hello guys,so it’s been a while I posted here but here’s my update,I got my green card,my interview was on the 5th of April and even though the interviewer didn’t approve us on the spot,we were approved 2 hours later,and I got my card the following week,I pretty much went with every possible thing plus we have a baby together so I think that must have helped,they didn’t ask us no personal questions or anything like that,just asked us to submit every evidence we have and stuff like that,thank you to everybody who has shared info in one way or the other to make this progress possible,y’all are the real mvp’s

You have a baby? Congratulations. God will continue to bless your home.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 8:53pm On Apr 28, 2021
Sukey:
Hello guys,so it’s been a while I posted here but here’s my update,I got my green card,my interview was on the 5th of April and even though the interviewer didn’t approve us on the spot,we were approved 2 hours later,and I got my card the following week,[b]I pretty much went with every possible thing plus we have a baby together so I think that must have helped[i][/i],[/b]they didn’t ask us no personal questions or anything like that,just asked us to submit every evidence we have and stuff like that,thank you to everybody who has shared info in one way or the other to make this progress possible,y’all are the real mvp’s

cheesy Local man no waste time. Congrats brother.

Congratulations to those who recently have their interviews approved.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Divinegrace0147: 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2021
@anduyo please how do i get NPC birth certificate
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 9:34am On Apr 30, 2021
Divinegrace0147:

You go to federal court to get age declaration affidavit then take that affidavit to national population commission
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmybernard(m): 8:08pm On Apr 30, 2021
Kindly go to Babs Animashaun Rd, Surulere, Lagos..ask people there they will show u the office
Divinegrace0147:
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by VanMoyez: 8:32am On May 01, 2021
Congratulations! @anduyo

Please, what was your answer in regards to the question: "do you have any plans to work when you get there and what job do you have in mind?"

Reason for asking is that I run my own online biz and I plan on continuing this trend once I get there.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 3:46pm On May 01, 2021
VanMoyez:
Congratulations! @anduyo

Please, what was your answer in regards to the question: "do you have any plans to work when you get there and what job do you have in mind?"

Reason for asking is that I run my own online biz and I plan on continuing this trend once I get there.

My answer was Yes, told her will look for a job in my field of study

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by VanMoyez: 9:54am On May 03, 2021
anduyo:

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Wishing you all the best!,
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 11:00am On May 03, 2021
sharpman1:

You have a baby? Congratulations. God will continue to bless your home.

Amen.thank you brother
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 5:20pm On May 04, 2021
How long does it take for approved passport/visa come out after interview?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Coquinoqui: 11:58am On May 07, 2021
anduyo:

Im kinda confused with this Answer because I remember one tread about k1 visa interview and it was advisable not to tell VO you intented to look for job on a k1 visa because your intention is to get married to your fiance not to look for Job but here you responded otherwise. Has anyone else been asked this same question before? Please more light on this question it is very tricky
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by shariaston(f): 1:59pm On May 10, 2021
I had my interview today..took less than 3 minutes and was approved.
First and foremost, my gratitude to Almighty God and family, then to everyone on this forum that have posted valuable and helpful info.

Thank you All..and God bless.

Transcript coming soon....

5 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 4:41pm On May 10, 2021
shariaston:
First and foremost, my gratitude to Almighty God and family, then to everyone on this forum that have posted valuable and helpful info.

wow, congratulations
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 4:50pm On May 10, 2021
@treasureprince1 or does anyone have an idea on how long does it takes to get your stamped passport back from the embassy
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 4:50pm On May 10, 2021
shariaston:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by lakeside4ng: 7:24pm On May 10, 2021
Congratulations ��
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by shariaston(f): 8:11pm On May 10, 2021
Transcript...

After the oath-taking and fingerprinting...
VO: Tell me about your fiancee
VO: So how is it going?
VO: Have you ever married?
VO: Has she ever married?
VO: What does she like?

VO: Congratulations and I wish you the very best. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 10:41pm On May 10, 2021
anduyo:

@treasureprince1 or does anyone have an idea on how long does it takes to get your stamped passport back from the embassy
there's no timeline for this but I feel your visa will be issued soonest
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 10:42pm On May 10, 2021
shariaston:
Transcript...

wowww, very simple one, congrats once again, all the best to you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Obinoscopy(m): 1:48pm On May 11, 2021
shariaston:
Transcript...

That was a simple one. Congrats.

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.