Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427102 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 12:17pm On Sep 09, 2022
Hey Legit, thank God for his mercies, good to see you here once again.
I’m still a long way off in this journey which I will share in due time.

[ quote author=LegitBachelor post=116441623]Guys I have a testimony. I know this is not the religion thread but it's still related to this section.
I will never be this careless with my card in the future. I hope you all learn from my mistake. I also want to share this testimony on God's Grace in my life.[/quote]
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 12:20pm On Sep 09, 2022
I will still like to connect with anyone in Illinois, cook county to be precise. Thank you

LegitBachelor:
Hi guys, is there any nairalander on this AOS process that's residing within the Dallas - Fort Worth area? If you are, please send me a PM. We need to connect in person.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OLAOREOFE50: 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2022
K1
LegitBachelor:
You came in via K1 visa or Spousal Visa?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by edimatsgal: 9:43pm On Sep 09, 2022
DankbaresHerz:
I will still like to connect with anyone in Illinois, cook county to be precise. Thank you

I am in Chicago.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 6:01am On Sep 10, 2022
Oh nice, Please can I send u a dm? Thank you in advance smiley

edimatsgal:
I am in Chicago.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by akido707ak: 2:24am On Sep 11, 2022
VanMoyez, I eventually receive the packet 3 e-mail from the embassy. Now my next question is this, can you please highlight the steps in getting the police report including the address if you don't mind as I have to send this detail to my finance for her to go get the report while we search for an interview date. Thank you in advance.
VanMoyez:

Hi,

I did not receive it. Once my case status showed ready, I paid the visa fees, and currently looking out for interview dates.

Airboy sums it in his explanation above. Cheers.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by edimatsgal: 3:23am On Sep 11, 2022
DankbaresHerz:
Oh nice, Please can I send u a dm? Thank you in advance smiley

sure. You can.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by VanMoyez: 8:02am On Sep 11, 2022
akido707ak:
VanMoyez, I eventually receive the packet 3 e-mail from the embassy. Now my next question is this, can you please highlight the steps in getting the police report including the address if you don't mind as I have to send this detail to my finance for her to go get the report while we search for an interview date. Thank you in advance.

Yep! I got the same packet some days back, I 4got to update the thread.

I did my Police report last year, at the NPC office in Lagos. An official there assisted me in getting it along with my birth certificate (which was my main objective). Unfortunately, I no longer have the contact's info.

Presently, I think you have to register your details online before going for capturing at Ikoyi. Also, the cost has increase from 5k to over 40k minus the bribes you might need to pay.

Kindly check a ouple of pages back to see the post.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by akido707ak: 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
Thank you VanMoyez......At this point, it is just to start looking for interview date. Please anytime anyone confirms that dates are available, let us post it here, so others looking for dates too can benefit cos it is going to be a long thing with this date ooo
VanMoyez:

Yep! I got the same packet some days back, I 4got to update the thread.

I did my Police report last year, at the NPC office in Lagos. An official there assisted me in getting it along with my birth certificate (which was my main objective). Unfortunately, I no longer have the contact's info.

Presently, I think you have to register your details online before going for capturing at Ikoyi. Also, the cost has increase from 5k to over 40k minus the bribes you might need to pay.

Kindly check a couple of pages back to see the post.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by PattiLoveman(m): 11:01am On Sep 12, 2022
Hello guys, I have been following this thread since July last year and I want to thank everyone for their comments and contributions here. I must confess y’all are amazing!!!! my fiancé filed for k1 petition July 2021, and it was just approved 8 September 2022. What a long wait!!! But I expected it because I have been following this thread. And I understand it’s got a lot to do with being patient and staying focus. @Legitbachelor, @Airboy333 and you all have been a great team. My fiancé’s USCIS account says an approval notice had been sent to her, but my fiancé said she haven’t received any approval notice yet. My question is; How would she received this approval notice? By email address or Mail? Now that the USCIS approved our petition, what should be our next immediate step? Can I start filing my DS-160 form now?
Please, someone should give me a good answer. I can’t wait to start celebrating with most of you guys here. ��❤️❤️

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 11:15am On Sep 12, 2022
Congratulations, she will receive by mail. The nxt phase is NVC. You have to give time for USCIS to send your application to NVC, then you can call them for your case number. You can start filling your DS160 form but don’t submit yet until you are sure everything is ok. All the best

PattiLoveman:
Hello guys, I have been following this thread since July last year and I want to thank everyone for their comments and contributions here. I must confess y’all are amazing!!!! my fiancé filed for k1 petition July 2021, and it was just approved 8 September 2022. What a long wait!!! But I expected it because I have been following this thread. And I understand it’s got a lot to do with being patient and staying focus. @Legitbachelor, @Airboy333 and you all have been a great team. My fiancé’s USCIS account says an approval notice had been sent to her, but my fiancé said she haven’t received any approval notice yet. My question is; How would she received this approval notice? By email address or Mail? Now that the USCIS approved our petition, what should be our next immediate step? Can I start filing my DS-160 form now?
Please, someone should give me a good answer. I can’t wait to start celebrating with most of you guys here. ��❤️❤️

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 12:02pm On Sep 12, 2022
DankbaresHerz:
Congratulations, she will receive by mail. The nxt phase is NVC. You have to give time for USCIS to send your application to NVC, then you can call them for your case number. You can start filling your DS160 form but don’t submit yet until you are sure everything is ok. All the best

@Dankbaresherz nice
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2022
PattiLoveman:
congrats your almost done u need more patient nw because u may likely get an interview date maybe December or next year January or February the reason am saying dis is because last portal for interview was November and more people are still waiting for the portal to open for December, start putting all ur documents together congrats
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 1:18pm On Sep 13, 2022
akido707ak:
Sign up online @ Visit https://possap. gov.ng for the police character and make the payment of 30k which is what I paid for mines last month then go to alagbon with your confirmation page for capturing and collection of the report. The new character no longer come with fingerprints which is the old system I guess. If you receive a notification on your phone regarding the date you should come for the interview just disregard and go even before the date you will still get it done. You don’t have to bribe anyone for this except you don’t Registrer online before you go for the capturing of which you will have to talk to someone there to help you fix that.

Feel free to go with any form of identification but I wasn’t asked for any before I got mine.
Congratulations bro.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by akido707ak: 1:26pm On Sep 13, 2022
thank you man...I really appreciate it
InvestorTeeMan:

Sign up online @ Visit https://possap. gov.ng for the police character and make the payment of 30k which is what I paid for mines last month then go to alagbon with your confirmation page for capturing and collection of the report. The new character no longer come with fingerprints which is the old system I guess. If you receive a notification on your phone regarding the date you should come for the interview just disregard and go even before the date you will still get it done. You don’t have to bribe anyone for this except you don’t Registrer online before you go for the capturing of which you will have to talk to someone there to help you fix that.

Feel free to go with any form of identification but I wasn’t asked for any before I got mine.
Congratulations bro.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Phelixblaq(m): 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2022
akido707ak:
thank you man...I really appreciate it

Please what’s about people not in Lagos??
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by PattiLoveman(m): 7:52pm On Sep 13, 2022
Thanks everyone for your kind response. How long will it take the USCIS to send applications to NVC?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 1:39pm On Sep 14, 2022
PattiLoveman:
Thanks everyone for your kind response. How long will it take the USCIS to send applications to NVC?
If your petition is approved it will be stated on your approval notice that they have sent it to NVC which means they send application immediately after it is being approved and it may take a month or more before you hear from the NVC acknowledging that they received your petition from NVC. But the petitions will remain at the NVC until the embassy request for them for the final phase of the petition.

NB: using my application as a case study.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Portex: 12:24am On Sep 15, 2022
PattiLoveman:
Can we connect? Can I DM you?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by akido707ak: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
Anybody has luck yet getting a date...I have been looking for days now and nothing is coming up...please help my life oo
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Wales1111: 9:24am On Sep 16, 2022
Good morning house....I am new here....but I have being in other nairaland travelling groups...pls I need help so badly and urgently....my fiance and I have being connected since 2018 we met online while I was going through my divorce process here...my divorce was completed in the year 2020...we had plans to see each other in other countries which are the united Kingdom, Ireland, south Africa, and Ghana which I travelled to all these countries by myself cos she couldn't make it because she is a nurse and was so busy those times. straight to the point...she is going to be in Nigeria by tomorrow...she want us to file k1 visa because she wants her family to be at our wedding so I am only going to be proposing to her here when she get here...she is going to spend 35days before returning to the US...pls what are the documents she needs to return to the US with from here. And what will she do when she get back to the US to start the filing of the k1 visa....does k1 visa talk about traveling experience like other visiting visa or not.... pls help me...she is about to arrive thank you all....
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 9:58am On Sep 16, 2022
Wales1111:
Good morning house....I am new here....but I have being in other nairaland travelling groups...pls I need help so badly and urgently....my fiance and I have being connected since 2018 we met online while I was going through my divorce process here...my divorce was completed in the year 2020...we had plans to see each other in other countries which are the united Kingdom, Ireland, south Africa, and Ghana which I travelled to all these countries by myself cos she couldn't make it because she is a nurse and was so busy those times. straight to the point...she is going to be in Nigeria by tomorrow...she want us to file k1 visa because she wants her family to be at our wedding so I am only going to be proposing to her here when she get here...she is going to spend 35days before returning to the US...pls what are the documents she needs to return to the US with from here. And what will she do when she get back to the US to start the filing of the k1 visa....does k1 visa talk about traveling experience like other visiting visa or not.... pls help me...she is about to arrive thank you all....
Your past visa history and travel experience will not have any effect on K1 except if there’s any significant issue of concern in your past visa application.
You and your fiancé must have met atleast ones in the last two years before filing the petition called form I-129f.
Make sure you take important pictures with her including when you propose, also with friends and family and the pictures will be mailed alongside the petition.
Print out the forms here and make sure you both fill out the information together to avoid stories that touch and make copies of the completed forms and other documents that will be sent altogether and keep them for your records.
Include copies of your divorce papers and hers if she is also a divorcee, two separate letters of intent to marry within 90days after your arrival ( look out for the template online ), copies of itineraries, copies of boarding passes, copy of immigration stamp at the port of entry, if you have a date for your wedding already include a copy of your wedding invitation card, do screenshots of your communications with your fiancé, also try to get letters from family and friends and other things that will prove your relationship is bonafide.
These are the ones I can remember at the moment, but try to check previous posts here you will see more things you should do and try to do more research online.
Wish you good luck bro.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Wales1111: 10:15am On Sep 16, 2022
Thank you so much.....this is so helpful. I appreciate
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 10:50am On Sep 16, 2022
Wales1111:
here is the link to download the form https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f and also the e-Notification form https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/g-1145.pdf. You both can start filling the form here since she’s coming around is best because she maybe dat busy wen she return back I wish you all best
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Wales1111: 11:11pm On Sep 16, 2022
Airboy333:
here is the link to download the form https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f and also the e-Notification form https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/g-1145.pdf. You both can start filling the form here since she’s coming around is best because she maybe dat busy wen she return back I wisoh you all best
thank you so much this is so helpful
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 6:43am On Sep 18, 2022
akido707ak:
Anybody has luck yet getting a date...I have been looking for days now and nothing is coming up...please help my life oo
I heard there is no available dates again for now until 2024 but keep checking, perhaps they might release date.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 8:55am On Sep 18, 2022
baba2unday:

I heard there is no available dates again for now until 2024 but keep checking, perhaps they might release date.
the 2024 is for b1/b2 visa not k1

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2022
baba2unday:

More dates are likely to open for K1 before the end of the year but it is unlikely for them to be interviewed before the end of the year, I guess early next year though.
I think when they are done with interview dates they opened earlier this month or last month they will open more dates for others awaiting. The last dates are in November this year.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 7:52pm On Sep 18, 2022
InvestorTeeMan:

More dates are likely to open for K1 before the end of the year but it is unlikely for them to be interviewed before the end of the year, I guess early next year though.
I think when they are done with interview dates they opened earlier this month or last month they will open more dates for others awaiting. The last dates are in November this year.
Same thing I mean too
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by PattiLoveman(m): 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2022
Hello everyone, my fiancé figured something from the petition approved notice papers sent to her some days back. We think the Approved petition had an expired date and duration of four months. But I don’t think this is true. Please, can someone make me understand this? Because I am worried.

Secondly, the approve notice states that the NVC will contact me. How will that be? Will they contact me on phone or mailing address? Because I am not sure of my mailing address. And they don’t have my email address too. Please, someone should help me get this straight. I’m scared not to screw this up in anyway.

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 9:25pm On Sep 19, 2022
PattiLoveman:
Hello everyone, my fiancé figured something from the petition approved notice papers sent to her some days back. We think the Approved petition had an expired date and duration of four months. But I don’t think this is true. Please, can someone make me understand this? Because I am worried.

Secondly, the approve notice states that the NVC will contact me. How will that be? Will they contact me on phone or mailing address? Because I am not sure of my mailing address. And they don’t have my email address too. Please, someone should help me get this straight. I’m scared not to screw this up in anyway.
1. No need to worry about the expiration date the embassy will extend it.
2.it may take like a month b4 NVC receive ur case 4rm USCIS you will get by email (petitioner) but u can try to call NVC

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.