Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427152 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 9:06am On Apr 30, 2019
abekeade1:
@ Legit.. please how does this visa works?
Does it start counting the day one enter into the US?
I intend going around June 13th. Is that okay?

That s when my mum is going too. Hope that's fine??

You have 6 months to enter the US starting frim the date of your medical, once in the US, you have 90 days to marry.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 11:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
abekeade1:
@ Bojar, djfrancis, Tobby.., select.., sisiorente, drenimarcus, mekusa and all thank you God bless you all.
We shall all glorify the name of God always.

@ legitbachelor... and my mum was given visa yesterday too.

Thank you so much for all your advise and every. God bless you more and more bro. Amen!

Thank God for you. You are welcome

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 11:30pm On Apr 30, 2019
bojar:

What’s up bro? What was your experience with Immigration and other protocols at the Lagos airport at the point you were traveling with your K1-Visa. Any tips that could save someone some unforeseen stress ?
I had no issue whatsoever at the Lagos Airport. I flew using Fly Emirates with a one way ticket. The only documentation checked at the Lagos Airport were my flight ticket and my passport with the K1 Visa.

However you'll need to keep the parcel given to you by the embassy in your backpack at all times as it would be needed when you get to the States.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 5:10pm On May 01, 2019
LegitBachelor:
I had no issue whatsoever at the Lagos Airport. I flew using Fly Emirates with a one way ticket. The only documentation checked at the Lagos Airport were my flight ticket and my passport with the K1 Visa.

However you'll need to keep the parcel given to you by the embassy in your backpack at all times as it would be needed when you get to the States.

Hi,

What was your experience at the POE, especially with the Immigration officials?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by bojar(m): 10:18pm On May 01, 2019
LegitBachelor:

Thanks bro, I arrived safely and it was hitch free..Now that I am here what’s the next step (after getting married)
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 12:07am On May 02, 2019
bojar:

Thanks bro, I arrived safely and it was hitch free..Now that I am here what’s the next step (after getting married)

If you havent gotten your SSN, apply for it now. You can also apply for your learners permit and ID depending on your current state of residence.

Most importantly, file for your adjustment of status, EAD/AP as soon as possible.

Congrats
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 9:15am On May 02, 2019
@LegitBachelor @djfrancis Pls see the attached to below...

My question is the third vaccinations on the attachment below, do I need to do it again before leave for US, because it was written the vaccination expires every month. Am planning to leave this end of the month.

Thanks

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 1:32pm On May 02, 2019
select500:

Hi,

What was your experience at the POE, especially with the Immigration officials?
I had no issue at the POE. I made a comment on it in page 19 of this thread. You can check it out here:
https://www.nairaland.com/4800968/usa-fiancee-k1-visa-thread/18#76884024

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 1:39pm On May 02, 2019
bojar:

djfrancis has said it all. However, you can get your social security number (SSN) before you get married. Just go to the nearest Social Administration office 2 weeks after arrival to the States with your International passport, birth certificate, i94. Also you can get your drivers license while waiting to get married.

The AOS, EAD and AP documentations can only be done after getting married.

Please post your experience at the POE so some of us can learn.

Congrats, Welcome and Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 1:51pm On May 02, 2019
nextlevel2222:
@LegitBachelor @djfrancis Pls see the attached to below...

My question is the third vaccinations on the attachment below, do I need to do it again before leave for US, because it was written the vaccination expires every month. Am planning to leave this end of the month.

Thanks
You can do it either in Nigeria or later in the States. Although it is much more cheaper in Nigeria.

If I may ask, were you given a Code B waiver for the MMR vaccine in your filled DS3025 form? If you weren't then it means you'll still need to see a Surgeon General when you arrive at the States.....which is additional expenses.

The Code B waiver is given if you only had one shot of MMR and had insufficient time to take the second dose before going for the visa interview. I hear some doctor forget to fill in the Code B waiver in the DS3025. I hope yours didn't.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 4:51pm On May 02, 2019
LegitBachelor:
You can do it either in Nigeria or later in the States. Although it is much more cheap in Nigeria.

If I may ask, were you given a Code B waiver for the MMR vaccine in your filled DS3025 form? If you weren't then it means you'll still need to see a Surgeon General when you arrive at the States.....which is additional expenses.

The Code B waiver is given if you only had one shot of MMR and had insufficient time to take the second dose before going for the visa interview. I hear some doctor forget to fill in the Code B waiver in the DS3025. I hope yours didn't.

Pls which one is DS3025 Form? Who is giving that? And where will I check if the doctor remembers to fill it or not?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by bojar(m): 5:07pm On May 02, 2019
LegitBachelor:
djfrancis has said it all. However, you can get your social security number (SSN) before you get married. Just go to the nearest Social Administration office 2 weeks after arrival to the States with your International passport, birth certificate, i94. Also you can get your drivers license while waiting to get married.

The AOS, EAD and AP documentations can only be done after getting married.

Please post your experience at the POE so some of us can learn.

Congrats, Welcome and Good luck.

It was a long queue at the POE (Entered through EWR airport), first you scan your documents, then you get to the kiosk (for K1- Visa you’d be directed to another room where I waited for like 1 minute. An officer called me up and asked when I’m getting married, which I told him it’s next month but no specific date yet. He stamped my passport and then I proceeded to get my luggage, boarded a taxi and off I go(10 mins drive to Union NJ) It was an easy process.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by hammed71(m): 6:55pm On May 02, 2019
bojar:

It was a long queue at the POE (Entered through EWR airport), first you scan your documents, then you get to the kiosk (for K1- Visa you’d be directed to another room where I waited for like 1 minute. An officer called me up and asked when I’m getting married, which I told him it’s next month but no specific date yet. He stamped my passport and then I proceeded to get my luggage, boarded a taxi and off I go(10 mins drive to Union NJ) It was an easy process.
nice one
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:59pm On May 02, 2019
nextlevel2222:

Pls which one is DS3025 Form? Who is giving that? And where will I check if the doctor remembers to fill it or not?
The Clinic should give you a copy of the DS3025 form along with a CD that has your xray. Its basically a summary of your medicals. The original will be in a parcel (don't open it) which you are to take to the embassy.

In that form you'll see a column where the doctor is to state if the proper vaccination was given and/or if you qualify for a waiver.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Tobbylhobah: 3:35am On May 03, 2019
Good morning everyone here,pls I will like to ask does that have gone for interview did The CO ask for “employment verification” when requesting for the affidavit of support “form i-134 pls everyone
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:14pm On May 03, 2019
Tobbylhobah:
Good morning everyone here,pls I will like to ask does that have gone for interview did The CO ask for “employment verification” when requesting for the affidavit of support “form i-134 pls everyone
I wasn't asked for my fiancee's employment verification even though I was with the letter. I can't even remember if I submitted the Affidavit of Support. But I advice you to go with all the stipulated documents including your fiancee's employment verification letter and Affidavit of Support.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Tobbylhobah: 6:49am On May 04, 2019
Thanks much
I wasn't asked for my fiancee's employment verification even though I was with the letter. I can't even remember if I submitted the Affidavit of Support. But I advice you to go with all the stipulated documents including your fiancee's employment verification letter and Affidavit of Support.[/quote]
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sisiorente: 7:54am On May 04, 2019
Drenimarcus:

You are approved already in Jesus name
Amen IJN. Thanks sis.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sisiorente: 7:58am On May 04, 2019
abekeade1:
@ Bojar, djfrancis, Tobby.., select.., sisiorente, drenimarcus, mekusa and all thank you God bless you all.
We shall all glorify the name of God always.

@ legitbachelor... and my mum was given visa yesterday too.

Thank you so much for all your advise and every. God bless you more and more bro. Amen!
Amen IJN
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Tobbylhobah: 10:14am On May 04, 2019
Abikeade and legitbachelor kindly check ur mail pls
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 11:11am On May 04, 2019
sisiorente:

Amen IJN. Thanks sis.

Lol I am a bro o haha

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Tobbylhobah: 12:41pm On May 04, 2019
Good morning pls I’m here again I have a personal question I don’t knw if u can help with
I have two birth certificate for my kids one was done by my mom wen I was on a sick bed in another state n my fiance needed it to get his blue passport den,it carry my name as his surname which he used den which means I have his surname included to my name on the birth certificate(ds I feel she did out of ignorance)but I did another like a year later that carry my real name as the mothers name now I’m cut up in the one to submit to the CO pls any idea
Do u tink the one he submitted wen obtaining his blue passport might show up during my interview
Pls guys what do u tink

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 04, 2019
hello everyone...please i have a question.

when you apply for a k1 visa or spouse visa and you fill in the form you have a son but you are not filling for him until later in the future when you are in the states, during the visa interview do you have to bring any proof like pictures of you and your son or will they asked you to go do dna test?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 12:41am On May 05, 2019
Tobbylhobah:
Good morning pls I’m here again I have a personal question I don’t knw if u can help with
I have two birth certificate for my kids one was done by my mom wen I was on a sick bed in another state n my fiance needed it to get his blue passport den,it carry my name as his surname which he used den which means I have his surname included to my name on the birth certificate(ds I feel she did out of ignorance)but I did another like a year later that carry my real name as the mothers name now I’m cut up in the one to submit to the CO pls any idea
Do u tink the one he submitted wen obtaining his blue passport might show up during my interview
Pls guys what do u tink
I think you are good with the one with your correct name. Hope that was what your fiance submitted in the i129F petition?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 12:49am On May 05, 2019
Justice96:
hello everyone...please i have a question.

when you apply for a k1 visa or spouse visa and you fill in the form you have a son but you are not filling for him until later in the future when you are in the states, during the visa interview do you have to bring any proof like pictures of you and your son or will they asked you to go do dna test?
They will request for pictures and other supporting documents. I'm not sure about DNA tests.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Tobbylhobah: 5:45am On May 05, 2019
LegitBachelor:
I think you are good with the one with your correct name. Hope that was what your fiance submitted in the i129F petition?
he didn’t submit any birth certificate when he file for petition,he only did wen he got his US passport n I don’t knw if it will show on their system
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Tobbylhobah: 6:01am On May 05, 2019
LegitBachelor:
he didn’t submit any
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 8:35am On May 05, 2019
LegitBachelor:
They will request for pictures and other supporting documents. I'm not sure about DNA tests.

Documents like what?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 12:15pm On May 05, 2019
LegitBachelor:
The Clinic should give you a copy of the DS3025 form along with a CD that has your xray. Its basically a summary of your medicals. The original will be in a parcel (don't open it) which you are to take to the embassy.

In that form you'll see a column where the doctor is to state if the proper vaccination was given and/or if you qualify for a waiver.

Have Seen it.... it stated the proper vaccinations were given. Thanks...

@LegitBachelor what am asking is there is MMR vaccination given to me and the nurse told me that it is given every month. I dnt know may be you are told the same. She told me if I have not left for US I need to come to take it every month till I leave, the vaccination costs 10k . But since February have been given visa, I didn't go to the clinic for the vaccination.

Hope it won't affect me at the US border? Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 12:54pm On May 05, 2019
nextlevel2222:

Have Seen it.... it stated the proper vaccinations were given. Thanks...

@LegitBachelor what am asking is there is MMR vaccination given to me and the nurse told me that it is given every month. I dnt know may be you are told the same. She told me if I have not left for US I need to come to take it every month till I leave, the vaccination costs 10k . But since February have been given visa, I didn't go to the clinic for the vaccination.

Hope it won't affect me at the US border? Thanks

You should probably contact the hospital first. Were you given shots for measles? Thinking of getting some because of the outbreak in the US.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:23pm On May 05, 2019
Tobbylhobah:
he didn’t submit any birth certificate when he file for petition,he only did wen he got his US passport n I don’t knw if it will show on their system
It won't show in their system but they can see it if they have reason to suspect your documents and decide to research. However I advice you use the document with genuine info regardless of whichever was used in the past. You can always explain the reason for the discrepancies of the CO brings it up.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:24pm On May 05, 2019
Justice96:

Documents like what?
Documents that will confirm that you're the parent. Documents like birth certificate, baptismal card, etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.