Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427373 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 5:28pm On May 19, 2019
Stifflah09:
Thanks for this thread. I and my fiancee who is an American citizen have been dating since 2015, she visited me in Nigeria in Jan 2017 and we have pictures together which was taken during her visit. She intends to file a petition for me in June. I want to know if we will encounter any problem due to the fact that the pictures we have together are a few months above 2yrs? She would have visited in Dec 2018 but she was in her finals in school and needed to concentrate.

She needs to come back again before you file. Rules says within 2 years and you guys last saw 2 years ago. She needs to visit you before filing bro. All the best!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Stifflah09(m): 5:53pm On May 19, 2019
Drenimarcus:

She needs to come back again before you file. Rules says within 2 years and you guys last saw 2 years ago. She needs to visit you before filing bro. All the best!
. Okay thanks for your immediate response.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mrversatile: 10:40pm On May 19, 2019
My fiancee filed on the 3rd of March, she got a notification by mail on the 8th. And we were approved on the 16th of May. Heading onto the next round with morale. May we all be successful.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 10:52pm On May 19, 2019
mrversatile:
My fiancee filed on the 3rd of March, she got a notification by mail on the 8th. And we were approved on the 16th of May. Heading onto the next round with morale. May we all be successful.

Wow that’s fast. I think the new uscis rule is helping too. And a big amen to your prayers. Good luck mate

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 9:46am On May 20, 2019
The new uscis rule?do you by chance have an idea of these rules.thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 10:09am On May 20, 2019
That's Awesome which state is she filing from because that might also determine the time frame
mrversatile:
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mrversatile: 10:09am On May 20, 2019
[quote author=Drenimarcus post=78540133]

Thanks bro.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 10:27am On May 20, 2019
Sukey:
The new uscis rule?do you by chance have an idea of these rules.thanks

I don’t but you can google it. New uscis rules. I think they started September last year. Just giggle new uscis rules from September
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 12:22pm On May 20, 2019
Hi Everyone, trust your day is starting out well... Being going through the thread and to be honest the information is very helpful and thanks for the those who have had their session and it was approved your experience is no doubt a boost to us.
Okay, the matter of the day- with the help of this thread my fiancee' and I have been able to put up the documents and other things we should be needing to complete the documentation process, so where I need a bit of clarification in regards to timing, what am required to do, etc.

So she planned to send in our application this week or by Monday next week , Question 1 could this take 5-6 month processing time? Then that's a really good improvement because a friend of mine who left last 3 weeks said it took Approx 10-11months
Question 2 Once we get the green light - meaning the application has been sent to Lagos Am I applying through the DS 160 form and also paying the visa of up too 95k or thereabout? do I get to do my medicals at that point and also my police report. @legitBachelor and any other person who has had the process go through please I need some clarifications...

I would also love to contact anyone personally via WhatsApp or email.

Thanks, a lot guys for your response .. I will be checking to see the comments
Drenimarcus:

Wow that’s fast. I think the new uscis rule is helping too. And a big amen to your prayers. Good luck mate
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 12:56pm On May 20, 2019
blazerichy:
Hi Everyone, trust your day is starting out well... Being going through the thread and to be honest the information is very helpful and thanks for the those who have had their session and it was approved your experience is no doubt a boost to us.
Okay, the matter of the day- with the help of this thread my fiancee' and I have been able to put up the documents and other things we should be needing to complete the documentation process, so where I need a bit of clarification in regards to timing, what am required to do, etc.

So she planned to send in our application this week or by Monday next week , Question 1 could this take 5-6 month processing time? Then that's a really good improvement because a friend of mine who left last 3 weeks said it took Approx 10-11months
Question 2 Once we get the green light - meaning the application has been sent to Lagos Am I applying through the DS 160 form and also paying the visa of up too 95k or thereabout? do I get to do my medicals at that point and also my police report. @legitBachelor and any other person who has had the process go through please I need some clarifications...

I would also love to contact anyone personally via WhatsApp or email.

Thanks, a lot guys for your response .. I will be checking to see the comments

Hi, all your questions end with yes. Please check the first page for more info on your questions bro. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 2:19pm On May 20, 2019
Thanks bro.
Drenimarcus:

Hi, all your questions end with yes. Please check the first page for more info on your questions bro. Good luck
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 3:23pm On May 20, 2019
Please I forgot to mention that my passport expires Oct 30th, 2018 do we go ahead with K1 application is that doesn't alter anything and then I will renew my passport while she uses my current passport details pending when my new passport comes out from the Nigerian Immigration ( Ikoyi) ??
Drenimarcus:

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 3:31pm On May 20, 2019
blazerichy:
Please I forgot to mention that my passport expires Oct 30th, 2018 do we go ahead with K1 application is that doesn't alter anything and then I will renew my passport while she uses my current passport details pending when my new passport comes out from the Nigerian Immigration ( Ikoyi) ??

2018 or 2019? Either way, if your passport is expiring soon, you need a new one.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 3:33pm On May 20, 2019
so does she go ahead with the application with my current passport which expires in October.
Drenimarcus:

2018 or 2019? Either way, if your passport is expiring soon, you need a new one.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 3:54pm On May 20, 2019
passport expires Oct 28, 2019, I mean sorry for the mix-up .. Just did a re-read, so i am applying for a new passport but we have done the documentation and ready to submit do we go ahead with it .. Apologies for the mix-up.
Drenimarcus:

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 4:02pm On May 20, 2019
blazerichy:
so does she go ahead with the application with my current passport which expires in October.

Let her go ahead. You don’t need your passport until your petition is sent here.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 4:06pm On May 20, 2019
blazerichy:
passport expires Oct 28, 2019, I mean sorry for the mix-up .. Just did a re-read, so i am applying for a new passport but we have done the documentation and ready to submit do we go ahead with it .. Apologies for the mix-up.
i

Just get a new passport ready bro. I see you posted on vj too. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 4:38pm On May 20, 2019
Thanks ..
Drenimarcus:
i

Just get a new passport ready bro. I see you posted on vj too. Nice one.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OOT1: 5:51pm On May 20, 2019
Hello good people, please we need to do joint sponsor as the petitioner's income is less than required, we know we have to complete affidavit of support which is a form and other supporting documentation. The question is that there are 2 forms for the affidavit of support on the USCIS website, I-134 & I-864, which one does the petitioner fill and which one does the joint/co sponsor fills? We're kind of confused here please...

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 6:04pm On May 20, 2019
OOT1:
Hello good people, please we need to do joint sponsor as the petitioner's income is less than required, we know we have to complete affidavit of support which is a form and other supporting documentation. The question is that there are 2 forms for the affidavit of support on the USCIS website, I-134 & I-864, which one does the petitioner fill and which one does the joint/co sponsor fills? We're kind of confused here please...

You need to fill I-134. I-134 is for k1 while I-864 is for AOS.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OOT1: 6:47pm On May 20, 2019
Do you mean to say both the petitioner and co-sponsor are filling I-134?, Cause am aware the petitioner completes I-134 but not sure of the Co-sponsor....
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:59pm On May 20, 2019
blazerichy:

Question 2 Once we get the green light - meaning the application has been sent to Lagos Am I applying through the DS 160 form and also paying the visa of up too 95k or thereabout? do I get to do my medicals at that point and also my police report.
In addition to what Drenimarcus said, I will advice that you wait until you have scheduled an interview appointment date before you go for medicals. Your medicals should be done at least 3 weeks before the interview date. This because medical reports is valid for only 6 months and the validity on the K1 Visa will depend on it. Police Report is valid for 1 year thus you can afford to get it anytime.

We try to respond on this forum as fast as we can but if there are any personal mails you want to send you can use the PM button.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 7:01pm On May 20, 2019
OOT1:
Do you mean to say both the petitioner and co-sponsor are filling I-134?, Cause am aware the petitioner completes I-134 but not sure of the Co-sponsor....
Co-sponsor will fill I-134 as well. Read the instruction document for I-134 for further guidance.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 7:15pm On May 20, 2019
Hi guys, just in case you have any questions please ask, we are all here to learn and help each other because this process can be exhausting emotionally and financially and time consuming. Nigeria consulate is kinda hard nut to crack but things have been going easily and smoothly since the last year or so. Just ask questions, legit bro or others will answer when they are available and please make lots of research. Visajourney is an ocean, you can go on there to ask questions as well. Good luck to all of us. Amen

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 2:55pm On May 21, 2019
Thanks, alot bro.
LegitBachelor:
In addition to what Drenimarcus said, I will advice that you wait until you have scheduled an interview appointment date before you go for medicals. Your medicals should be done at least 3 weeks before the interview date. This because medical reports is valid for only 6 months and the validity on the K1 Visa will depend on it. Police Report is valid for 1 year thus you can afford to get it anytime.

We try to respond on this forum as fast as we can but if there are any personal mails you want to send you can use the PM button.

Regards
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 3:11pm On May 21, 2019
ok
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 3:41pm On May 21, 2019
kunlelikeme:
Hi guys,we have submitted our k1 application and it is almost three weeks now and we have not gotten receipt notification from them.
As anyone been in such situation before and if yes what did you do?
I will be glad to read feedbacks from you

Calm down bro, if after a month you guys get nothing, she can call the uscis. And make sure the package was delivered to the right address.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 4:20pm On May 21, 2019
kunlelikeme:
Hi guys,we have submitted our k1 application and it is almost three weeks now and we have not gotten receipt notification from them.
Did you guys track your submission through the courier to be sure it was delivered? Also did you guys track the payment to be sure it was cashed by the USCIS guys?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by MidEastPrince: 6:19am On May 22, 2019
kunlelikeme:

Hello bro,

I am a student heading to Rhein-Waal this winter. I tried messaging you but it isn’t going through.

Kindly drop a message for me on *

Thank you.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 7:43am On May 22, 2019
kk
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 5:04pm On May 22, 2019
@LegitBachelor pls do they accept Local Government birth certificate for AOS?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mrversatile: 5:53pm On May 22, 2019
Good day everyone, what's the minimum income required of Petitioner to avoid getting a joint sponsor. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

Viewing this topic: festusbiz(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.