Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427151 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 12:52pm On Jul 31, 2019
anjiee:

Hi guys, I already figured out, k1 was classified as immigrant not non-immigrant. I have a little challenge: please which is receipt number? on my GTB Transaction receipt, I can see transaction reference! Is it same as MRV receipt number?
I think so. Is there any other number on the GTB receipt printout? Just try out the numbers on the receipt. One should work.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2019
anjiee:
I have a little challenge: please which is receipt number? on my GTB Transaction receipt, I can see transaction reference! Is it same as MRV receipt number?

Yes it is the same. that 15-digit number on the paper given to you (i.e if you paid at the bank)
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anjiee(f): 3:13pm On Jul 31, 2019
LegitBachelor:
I think so. Is there any other number on the GTB receipt printout? Just try out the numbers on the receipt. One should work.

Thank you @legitBachelor @nelem. I already did and It worked.

I have been having difficulties scheduling an appointment date. I kept getting "there are currently no appointments available"

After trying again for the third time, I got this message: "You are approaching the maximum number of times you may view this page. Please complete your transaction at this time".

How can I book appointment now? Please help! embarassed cry
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 31, 2019
anjiee:

I have been having difficulties scheduling an appointment date. I kept getting "there are currently no appointments available"

After trying again for the third time, I got this message: "You are approaching the maximum number of times you may view this page. Please complete your transaction at this time".

How can I book appointment now? Please help!

You're welcome madame.

@ bolded: It means you've used up the number of times you can check for available dates/time at a stretch. if you continue checking for dates now, your account will be temporarily blocked for about 24hr. so best bet is to avoid checking now,relax and take your mind off it, then try checking for dates maybe much later in the day/night.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anjiee(f): 3:28pm On Jul 31, 2019
nelem:

You're welcome madame.

@ bolded: It means you've used up the number of times you can check for available dates/time at a stretch. if you continue checking for dates now, your account will be temporarily blocked for about 24hr. so best bet is to avoid checking now,relax and take your mind off it, then try checking for dates maybe much later in the day/night.

My petition expires tomorrow, really need a date. but then i have stopped checking for dates. please do you mean I should wait till night to get a
date.

If yes, when at night should I try again?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 31, 2019
anjiee:

My petition expires tomorrow, really need a date. but then i have stopped checking for dates. please do you mean I should wait till night to get a
date.

If yes, when at night should I try again?

dates open up at anytime. just give it a few hours and then try again.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2019
anjiee:

Thank you @legitBachelor @nelem. I already did and It worked.

How can I book appointment now? Please help! embarassed cry

You don't need to try to schedule a date when no date is available. If you do, you'll end up exhausting your attempt. This is because there is a specific number of times you are allowed to view the visa appointment page.

So my advice is that you should remain in your portal homepage and don't click on the appointment page yet. Just wait until a date becomes available in your portal homepage before trying to schedule an appointment. See my previous post (click on link below) on how to easily know if there's any available date:

https://www.nairaland.com/4800968/usa-fiancee-k1-visa-thread/14#75342266

My guess is that there is no date currently available. Sometimes it takes days or weeks before a date appears on the lower left section of your portal homepage, so be patient. Keep checking your homepage (there's no limit to the number of times you can check your homepage unlike the appointment page) every minute or hour everyday until a date appears before you attempt to schedule an appointment. You have to be very fast about scheduling an appointment when a date appears as it could be taken up very fast.

Remember to send the US Embassy a mail informing them of the issue you are having with scheduling an appointment so that they can extend your expiration date.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2019
sharpman1:
Guys,

I think it is important and helpful for us to share our interview questions or transcripts for others to learn irrespective of the outcome. I say thank you to those that have shared theirs in the past and also encourage those that have not to please share. It is always helpful and insightful. Others can learn from mistakes and be better prepared regarding the type of documentation that will be useful.

I had my interview on June 24, 2019 and was asked to submit additional documents which i did the next day (June 25) as i had them at home but did not think they were useful or needed for the interview. They have not gotten back to me yet.....and I submitted what was requested a month ago.

See the interview questions below:

Guys,

Update!!!

So i got an email in this afternoon that says:

'We write to inform you that the review of your case has been completed and the next step is for you to drop off your International passport at the GSS Document Collection Center located at the DHL Service Center at Plot 230, Muri Okunola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos for visa issuance. Once you submit the highlighted, it will be forwarded to the U.S. Consulate office for processing. A copy of our drop off letter is attached for your use.'

I was so excited.

I was on the Island at that time.......if you see the way i drove down to the mainland, picked my passport and ran back to VI so that i would get to the DHL ofice before 4.00pm.

I hope to get my passport back as soon as possible. I have a wedding to plan ASAP.

Thanks guys for all the kind and encouraging words....i was already getting frustrated.

12 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 5:42pm On Jul 31, 2019
Wow congrats Sharpman1. It's all about patience man. God is in control.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 5:45pm On Jul 31, 2019
@anjiee, in addition to what I posted earlier, there's also another way in which you can monitor your portal homepage without having to go to the appointment page and thus exceeding the maximum number of allowed visits.

It's called check4change and it's recommended to use the app with Mozilla Firefox.

Check out this video as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43bfL6c1Xho

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anjiee(f): 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2019
LegitBachelor:
You don't need to try to schedule a date when no date is available. If you do, you'll end up exhausting your attempt. This is because there is a specific number of times you are allowed to view the visa appointment page.

So my advice is that you should remain in your portal homepage and don't click on the appointment page yet. Just wait until a date becomes available in your portal homepage before trying to schedule an appointment. See my previous post (click on link below) on how to easily know if there's any available date:

https://www.nairaland.com/4800968/usa-fiancee-k1-visa-thread/14#75342266

My guess is that there is no date currently available. Sometimes it takes days or weeks before a date appears on the lower left section of your portal homepage, so be patient. Keep checking your homepage (there's no limit to the number of times you can check your homepage unlike the appointment page) every minute or hour everyday until a date appears before you attempt to schedule an appointment. You have to be very fast about scheduling an appointment when a date appears as it could be taken up very fast.

Remember to send the US Embassy a mail informing them of the issue you are having with scheduling an appointment so that they can extend your expiration date.

Thanks @legitbachelor, I mailed them already lagosiv@state.gov . I also called their number to inform them n I was told to send a mail instead; of which I told d lady I spoke to, that I already sent a mail. She just said "we will get back to you"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2019
sharpman1:

Guys,

Update!!!

So i got an email in this afternoon that says:

'We write to inform you that the review of your case has been completed and the next step is for you to drop off your International passport at the GSS Document Collection Center located at the DHL Service Center at Plot 230, Muri Okunola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos for visa issuance. Once you submit the highlighted, it will be forwarded to the U.S. Consulate office for processing. A copy of our drop off letter is attached for your use.'

I was so excited.

I was on the Island at that time.......if you see the way i drove down to the mainland, picked my passport and ran back to VI so that i would get to the DHL ofice before 4.00pm.

I hope to get my passport back as soon as possible. I have a wedding to plan ASAP.

Thanks guys for all the kind and encouraging words....i was already getting frustrated.

Nice one bro! Congrats!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2019
anjiee:

Thanks @legitbachelor, I mailed them already lagosiv@state.gov . I also called their number to inform them n I was told to send a mail instead; of which I told d lady I spoke to, that I already sent a mail. She just said "we will get back to you"
Ok that's fine. You are on track. Keep on checking for available dates just as I had earlier adviced.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by toksbaba2000: 10:31pm On Jul 31, 2019
123JohnF:

All get approved, you are a USC family. If you bring all documents, you are approved fast. If you miss some document, you are asked to bring it and you will be approved. If your fiance / husband, wife needs a joint sponsor, they should find one and you will be approved. Even if you were deported from US or have a criminal record, your family, USC claims you, it will take time asking USA for forgiveness but you are approved. If you are a drugs user, you may not pass the medical yet after you stop taking drugs for 6-12 months, you go again and you are approved. It is rare being denied but there are some political issues and big crimes which may deny your acceptance like crimes against humanity, terrorism, dealing drugs, prostitution, etc. which is very rare for common citizens.

The most important is a genuine real relationship and USC always on your side. You are a USC FAMILY now and the future US citizen, voter, our government welcomes you as part of our country.

Really, can we chat privately?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 1:36am On Aug 01, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Wow congrats Sharpman1. It's all about patience man. God is in control.

Hi bro, do I need to include the cd q-life gave me in the petition? Or doesn’t matter?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 1:54am On Aug 01, 2019
djfrancis:
@legitBachelor how’s your AOS process going?

I used my green card to Canada today. First travel�, very smooth.

The feeling of traveling without a visa ‘Dey sweet body sha’

Hi bro, did you include the cd given to you at the clinic with the petition to Chicago?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 1:58am On Aug 01, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Hi bro, do I need to include the cd q-life gave me in the petition? Or doesn’t matter?
No. What they need is vaccination record. The CD is your x-ray report so is not needed. Keep it for future purposes. I'll take mine along with me when going for my AOS interview.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 2:11am On Aug 01, 2019
LegitBachelor:
No. What they need is vaccination record. The CD is your x-ray report so is not needed. Keep it for future purposes. I'll take mine along with me when going for my AOS interview.

Okay thanks man! Wish you good luck in your interview brother!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:33pm On Aug 01, 2019
Anacye:
@legitbachelor
Please sir, apart from Jamaica , where else can me and my man meet that’s close to America but won’t be a problem me getting a visa for?
Thanks so much
Hi Anacye, were you finally able to meet your fiance?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by saintrise: 6:56am On Aug 03, 2019
@LegitBachelor. Pls what kind of questions are asked at POE?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2019
saintrise:
@LegitBachelor. Pls what kind of questions are asked at POE?
I wasn't asked any questions concerning my visa. Was only asked what I had in my luggage to know the kind of foodstuff in there. But each airport is different. Dallas POE seem a bit lenient. Even the several times when I entered the states through Dallas POE with my B1/B2 Visa, I was asked very basic questions like: who will I be staying with, what's his/her profession, what's my relationship with him/her, how long are you staying.

But as Drenimarcus advised, be ready for thorough questions. They might search your phone or bag. So be ready for that. Dont forget to keep your documents and the medical parcel with you all the time in your backpack. Don't keep them in your luggage.

In all, just be yourself. There's nothing to worry about. I was more worried during my entry with the B1/B2 Visa than with K1 Visa. The CBP guys are more strict on Visit Visa and less strict on K1 Visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by saintrise: 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2019
Thanks bro. So grateful sir.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2019
saintrise:
Thanks bro. So grateful sir.
You are welcome. You can also check out my previous post on my POE experience. Here's the link: https://www.nairaland.com/4800968/usa-fiancee-k1-visa-thread/18#76884024

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 8:09pm On Aug 03, 2019
LegitBachelor:
I wasn't asked any questions concerning my visa. Was only asked what I had in my luggage to know the kind of foodstuff in there. But each airport is different. Dallas POE seem a bit lenient. Even the several times when I entered the states through Dallas POE with my B1/B2 Visa, I was asked very basic questions like: who will I be staying with, what's his/her profession, what's my relationship with him/her, how long are you staying.

But as Drenimarcus advised, be ready for thorough questions. They might search your phone or bag. So be ready for that. Dont forget to keep your documents and the medical parcel with you all the time in your backpack. Don't keep them in your luggage.

In all, just be yourself. There's nothing to worry about. I was more worried during my entry with the B1/B2 Visa than with K1 Visa. The CBP guys are more strict on Visit Visa and less strict on K1 Visa.

Yes bro, just be your self and be calm. The cbp guys know that you went through a lot of background check and grilling. just be calm and don’t have any chats that talks about working or something. Good luck and God speed!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by innken: 8:52am On Aug 04, 2019
At the embassy I told them I will be tying the knot in September but I and my fiancee changed the date to October. Will it affect me when I travel in October. Since we changed the timing for the wedding

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2019
innken:
At the embassy I told them I will be tying the knot in September but I and my fiancee changed the date to October. Will it affect me when I travel in October. Since we changed the timing for the wedding
No it won't as long as your visa is still valid at your time of entry.

We still await your interview transcript at the embassy. God bless you as you share your experience with us.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2019
mekusa10:

grin Done

Hi, please did you contact NVC? Has your case number been assigned?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2019
Glorioussugar:

Hi, please did you contact NVC? Has your case number been assigned?
No. I plan contacting them starting this Wednesday, which makes 3 weeks after my noa2
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 7:13pm On Aug 05, 2019
Hey guys, SSN came in today, late but still on point. We move forward still. How is everyone doing? Wishing everyone good luck!

5 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2019
Drenimarcus:
Hey guys, SSN came in today, late but still on point. We move forward still. How is everyone doing? Wishing everyone good luck!

Congrats on that!

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 9:14pm On Aug 05, 2019
select500:

Congrats on that!

Thanks man! Hope your day is going smoothly?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dutchleez(m): 9:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
LegitBachelor:
No it won't as long as your visa is still valid at your time of entry.

We still await your interview transcript at the embassy. God bless you as you share your experience with us.

@LegitBachelor, can we let @innken be? Since he’s not disposed to share his experience. I’m sure that won’t cause hoarding of information that could of benefit to him.

Regards!

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.