Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427130 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Study4life: 9:05am On Nov 11, 2019
@legitbachelor

(1) Please what are the contents of " letter of marriage commitment " I am not aware of it. Does it need to be authenticated?

(2)Secondly, where can on get a certificate of bachelorhood? Does it need to be authenticated by any ministry or body?

(3) Does embassy accept "Attestation of birth certificate" by National population commission in place of birth certificate for those that don't have birth certificate?

(4) Thirdly, the instructions about the "chat log" is that it must not be printed via doc. I exported our WhatsApp chat history to my mail so I can print it, but unfortunately, it appears as a notepad ( .txt). What should I do?

(5) apart from screenshoting WhatsApp calls, is there another way one could have done that?

Please kindly respond!!!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 9:14am On Nov 11, 2019
capello1:
Please guys I have questions

1. If I am flying to the states with Emirates through dubai do I need a transit visa ? Layover is just 4hrs before connecting to Boston.

2. Are the USA immigration /customs at the dubai airport, will that be my point of entry ?

Please I need answers ASAP.
Thanks
1. You only need a transit visa in Dubai if you intend leaving the airport during the 4 hour layover but I don't think there's need for you to leave the airport because once you get to Dubai you'll find out that 4 hours is very short and before you know it you guys will be boarding the flight to Boston.

2. US immigration has no business at Dubai airport. Your point of entry is definitely the first Airport you'll land in US.

Safe trip bro, I wish you the best, I can't wait to join y'all in the states too

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 9:19am On Nov 11, 2019
sharpman1:

Note: This is not specifically for you as the situation is in the past. It's for those that will apply in the future.

I don't understand the excuse that it was difficult getting a date so people book interview dates before filling the DS160.

While waiting for the interview dates to come up, fill the damn DS160 and submit. After that create your profile on traveldocs if you don't have one, pay the visa fees and then wait for interview dates to come up.

I don't understand waiting for weeks to get interview dates before filling the visa forms. What was the waiting time used for? That time meant to be used to fill/submit the form and ask questions on any part if the form that is not clear.

Acknowledged by the last born of the house cheesy, I must follow this instruction. Thanks baba

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2019
dicsnemma:
Thanks so much for the info. The thing is she’s a military officer, they were supposed to go on a deployment back in September. However, the deployment was postponed owing to their ship not being ready, which made her request for an expedite on our case. The expedite was accepted and our case was approved on the 30th of September 2019 and sent to the NVC , now their ship is ready and deployment is for the 18th of this month, she will be on sea until March (Hopefully).

My questions is 1. She might have difficulty accessing the internet as often as she will want to, so when we talked to the NVC about the situation, they advised we call the embassy and explain our situation. I want to know the appropriate channel to reach and if i can call them or it’s best my fiancée call from there.
Anyone can call. But I recommend your fiancee calls. She might get better audience. However she needs to be specific on what you guys want from the Embassy. Do you guys want to get married before she leaves? Or Do you intend going with her to the sea? Or do you want to wait for her to come back before moving to the States? The Embassy can expedite interviews but they require a very convincing reason for that. The Embassy can also extend Petition Expiration date as well if you provide convincong reason.

2. I did my police report last month and it expires in 3months which is January. Will it still serve?
Police Report has a validity of 1 year. So you are good.

3. Our case according to NVC has gone through administrative processing and will be sent to their Embassy in Lagos, at least that was what they said 2weeks ago, but nothing still shows whenever i track it. So I worry that i might not be able to find an interview date for January.
What some people is to go ahead and schedule an interview date with their casenumber and then hope that the Embassy will receive their case before then. But its always recommended to do that if you have a genuine reason to do so. In your case, why aee you concerned about getting a January date when your fiance won't be in the States by then?

4. Does the embassy expedite interviews?

I hope i was able to elaborate properly for a better understanding on our situation??

Thanks.
Yes they can. But they rarely do unless for a very convincing reason (mostly health related, I think).

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:28pm On Nov 11, 2019
brownesugar:

@@legitBachelor aside from paystub,affidavit of support from my fiance is it compulsory i get sprinsterhood certificate here? amongst other documents I am to get/do?also pls can u guide me through how to print our chats via web from whatsapp cos we communicate mostly via whatsapp calls,videos&chats..thank you
It is not compulsory to get Spinsterhood Certificate.

I recommend you click here to see some documents you should go with: https://www.nairaland.com/4800968/usa-fiancee-k1-visa-thread/27#78272256

To print WhatsApp chats, go to the top right corner of your chat page and click on export chat. You can send it to your email and then download and print. I don't recommwnd you print everything unless if it just a few pages. What I did was to print a page of chat per month. i also screenshot those particular chats and printed as well.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:31pm On Nov 11, 2019
brownesugar:

Okay @legitbachelor thanks for the response which supporting documents did you take along to show one is justified/qualified for date extension?only copy of the emails sent&received from them?
Also i just found out now my fiance has not submitted the ds160 form tho already have my appointment confirmation,i have read on page 76 or so of this thread where issues of barcode number and appointment number not tallying and had to call the embassy for correction which they got another email with corresponding codes,hope am still safe there cos i thought submission of form should come first before booking appointment but since its diff this days reverse is the case..your opinion on thos would be appreciated God bless you
I just replied Glorioussugar on the documents that can justify extension. It's basically all the documents you need to prove you guys are in a bonafide relationship. So nothing new. Just go prepared with ALL documents....whether relevant or irrelevant.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2019
Study4life:
@legitbachelor

(1) Please what are the contents of " letter of marriage commitment " I am not aware of it. Does it need to be authenticated?
Its just a letter that states you guys will get married within 90 days oncw you enter the United States. It doesnt require any authentication. Just your signature and hers is okay.

(2)Secondly, where can on get a certificate of bachelorhood? Does it need to be authenticated by any ministry or body?
A certificate of bacherlorhood is not necessary unless you think the CO might doubt that you are single. And it doesn't need to be authenticated. The most important component of the certificate is Court Affidavit.

(3) Does embassy accept "Attestation of birth certificate" by National population commission in place of birth certificate for those that don't have birth certificate?
Yes they do. I remembered in my case, I forgot my birth certificate at home but thank God I had my NPC Attestation Letter and Court Affidavit of Birth. That was my saving grace.

(4) Thirdly, the instructions about the "chat log" is that it must not be printed via doc. I exported our WhatsApp chat history to my mail so I can print it, but unfortunately, it appears as a notepad ( .txt). What should I do?
Its fine. Go ahead and print. In addition, you can directly screenshot those chats on your phone and print as well.

(5) apart from screenshoting WhatsApp calls, is there another way one could have done that?

Please kindly respond!!!
I don't know of any other way.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:47pm On Nov 11, 2019
capello1:
Please guys I have questions

1. If I am flying to the states with Emirates through dubai do I need a transit visa ? Layover is just 4hrs before connecting to Boston.

2. Are the USA immigration /customs at the dubai airport, will that be my point of entry ?

Please I need answers ASAP.
Thanks
No You don't need a transit visa. Yes there could be USA immigration and or custom agents at Dubai airport. They can check your passport and ask questions to be sure you are entering the States genuinely. But they are not to touch your Sealed Parcel. However be polite to them as they have the powers to send you back.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by capello1: 6:18pm On Nov 11, 2019
Treasureprince1:

1. You only need a transit visa in Dubai if you intend leaving the airport during the 4 hour layover but I don't think there's need for you to leave the airport because once you get to Dubai you'll find out that 4 hours is very short and before you know it you guys will be boarding the flight to Boston.

2. US immigration has no business at Dubai airport. Your point of entry is definitely the first Airport you'll land in US.

Safe trip bro, I wish you the best, I can't wait to join y'all in the states too

Thanks bro, all the best too

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by capello1: 6:20pm On Nov 11, 2019
LegitBachelor:
No You don't need a transit visa. Yes there could be USA immigration and or custom agents at Dubai airport. They can check your passport and ask questions to be sure you are entering the States genuinely. But they are not to touch your Sealed Parcel. However be polite to them as they have the powers to send you back.

Thanks bro
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Go with at least 2 passport photos, international passport, appointment confirmation printout, DS-160 printout, GTBank Payment Receipt, Birth Certificate, Police Clearance Certificate, Medical Report (sealed), filled Affidavit of Support form along with its supporting documents (fiance's birth certificate, international passport, tax returns, bank statement, employment letter, etc), copy of documents your fiance submitted to USCIS when she petitioned for you (i129F along with supporting documents), proof of relationship (WhatsApp Chats, Call Logs, Pictures of you both together, copy of Flight Boarding Pass used to visit fiance, money transfers, etc) and other documents that supports what you filled in the DS-160 thats not listed here.

Success bro.

@legitbachelor,somethings you mentioned on here,the petitioner is required to send them when filling so why is there a need to go to the interview with them again?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 9:19pm On Nov 11, 2019
LegitBachelor:
It is not compulsory to get Spinsterhood Certificate.

I recommend you click here to see some documents you should go with: https://www.nairaland.com/4800968/usa-fiancee-k1-visa-thread/27#78272256

To print WhatsApp chats, go to the top right corner of your chat page and click on export chat. You can send it to your email and then download and print. I don't recommwnd you print everything unless if it just a few pages. What I did was to print a page of chat per month. i also screenshot those particular chats and printed as well.

Thanks @legitbachelor..bless you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 9:25pm On Nov 11, 2019
Treasureprince1:

Acknowledged by the last born of the house cheesy, I must follow this instruction. Thanks baba

Lol. Please wait for your NOA2 approval and wait for your case to show ready on the CEAC website.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 9:31pm On Nov 11, 2019
sharpman1:

Lol. Please wait for your NOA2 approval and wait for your case to show ready on the CEAC website.
lol! I'll wait till it's the right time, i know the process already grin
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2019
Sukey:

@legitbachelor,somethings you mentioned on here,the petitioner is required to send them when filling so why is there a need to go to the interview with them again?
My dear, it's best to go with more than enough documents than to go with less documents. I went with a thick folder with all my documents properly organised (to help when trying to retrieve a document). You won't be punished for bringing too many documents but can be sent back or denied or delayed for bringing less documents.

Regarding your question, the CO has the right to ask for documents even if your fiancee had submitted them to USCIS earlier. It could be that the document got missing in transit or the CO just want to cross reference the copy you have with the one on the casefile.

However I must mention that the disadvantage of taking too many documents is that you could end up missing out the very important documents or could have problems searching for a document during the interview. But if you properly arranged your documents in a retrievable manner, then this won't be a problem.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2019
Please is there anybody here who has done their medicals from the 1st of November till date,is it true that the rules have changed and the results are no longer handed to the applicant sealed but sent to the embassy?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by efozee(m): 2:02am On Nov 12, 2019
I have 3 questions gurus in the house

1. After submitting my DS-160 form and then printing my confirmation page, I tried to print my copy of the filled ds-160 but the option to print wouldn't work like as if theres a glitch somewhere. I have tried with different browsers but still the same problem. Please how do I go about this?

2. I'm preparing for my medicals please I need a confirmation about the recent developments in qlife medicals. Does the organisation send the medical packet directly to the embassy or do I have to pick it up myself?

3. If I have to pick it up myself, can I make my travel arrangements in such a way that after getting tested and checked up, will it be possible to pick up my medicals report just 2 or 3 days before my visa interview?
Reason for this is that I live in Phc, I'd love to travel to Lagos only for the medical and then return when it's time for my Interview.

I hope someone helps me out by answering my questions ��

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2019
anjiee:

You have to complete the DS 160 form. The confirmation number on the appointment letter must tally with the number of the just concluded Ds160.

I believe the confirmation number you have currently on the appointment letter would be that of your previously filled DS 160 form.

In order to rectify, u will need to call them giving the new confirmation number of the just filled DS 160 form. As soon as it is rectified, u will get a mail from them.

@legitbachelor,@sharpman1,@anjiee,@study4life Thanks guys i called them this morning and i got my ds160 confirmation linked on my appointment letter,it was sent to my email.. waiting to hear from @lagosiv now for response of validity extension mail i sent to them...thanks for the info,guidelines and all you give here bless you guys,lld follow this thread and ask for guidance as time goes on/also update u as medicals and interview goes.. cheers&kudos to everyone here....#gracias

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2019
Our case is ready on the embassy website and a mail has been to my fiance to inform me to fill ds160, pay visa fees and schedule for interview. Our case will expire 28th December.

Unfortunately my fiance lost her job 2 weeks back and have been doing a lot of application and interview.

Last week she just got a new job to resume today, the new job pays about $28,000 annually. But her previous job was paying $101,000. She didn't like the new job, she said she's taking it just because of our application. The job is way below her.

Now I don't know whether I should go forward. Kindly advise.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 4:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
Attraction:
Our case is ready on the embassy website and a mail has been to my fiance to inform me to fill ds160, pay visa fees and schedule for interview. Our case will expire 28th December.

Unfortunately my fiance lost her job 2 weeks back and have been doing a lot of application and interview.

Last week she just got a new job to resume today, the new job pays about $28,000 annually. But her previous job was paying $101,000. She didn't like the new job, she said she's taking it just because of our application. The job is way below her.

Now I don't know whether I should go forward. Kindly advise.

Go forward.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by otomori(m): 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2019
Treasureprince1:
lol! I'll wait till it's the right time, i know the process already grin
. Bro let me have your number make dey keep in touch as we dey follow bumper bumper dey wait for NOA2
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 8:19pm On Nov 12, 2019
otomori:
. Bro let me have your number make dey keep in touch as we dey follow bumper bumper dey wait for NOA2
no p bro, just dm
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Beautyaddy: 8:39pm On Nov 12, 2019
Treasureprince1:
no p bro, just dm

lol!...I've never understood why people ask to have complete strangers personal numbers?

PM/DM should do just fine for private conversations.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 1:48am On Nov 13, 2019
kunlelikeme:
Finally I have been able to schedule interview and the available date I am seeing is December 19 while mz petition exprires in November.I already sent them an email requesting for extension but was told to tell me fiance to send them a letter to requesting extension and also stating that we are still planning to get married within 90days after my entry .
In Germany the process is very rigorous o,I wish I knew my fiance adviced we go for spouse visa,it will just fall in the same time.
But nevertheless we are still on track.

All the best in your interview.. please i will need your guidance oh as i am in Germany as well. Danke
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 8:54am On Nov 13, 2019
LegitBachelor post=Anyone can call. But I recommend your fiancee calls. She might get better audience. However she needs to be specific on what you guys want from the Embassy. Do you guys want to get married before she leaves? Or Do you intend going with her to the sea? Or do you want to wait for her to come back before moving to the States? The Embassy can expedite interviews but they require a very convincing reason for that. The Embassy can also extend Petition Expiration date as well if you provide convincong reason.

Police Report has a validity of 1 year. So you are good.

What some people is to go ahead and schedule an interview date with their casenumber and then hope that the Embassy will receive their case before then. But its always recommended to do that if you have a genuine reason to do so. In your case, why aee you concerned about getting a January date when your fiance won't be in the States by then?

Yes they can. But they rarely do unless for a very convincing reason (mostly health related, I think).

Thank you very much for the info boss, I cannot go on the deployment with her as it is for military personnel only, what we are hoping for is if either the 6months duration I have to stay in Nigeria after my visa can be extended, or the 90days for us to get married on getting to the US can be extended if by chance she doesn’t come back from the deployment on time. ( Though they’re supposed to be back by March, but the military can always change plans).

In other news, our case says “in transit” when I tracked it yesterday, so is it wise to pay the visa application fee and book an appointment now or just wait until it says “Ready”? I have already filled the DS160 form.

Thank you once again for the info

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2019
brownesugar:

@legitbachelor,@sharpman1,@anjiee,@study4life Thanks guys i called them this morning and i got my ds160 confirmation linked on my appointment letter,it was sent to my email.. waiting to hear from @lagosiv now for response of validity extension mail i sent to them...thanks for the info,guidelines and all you give here bless you guys,lld follow this thread and ask for guidance as time goes on/also update u as medicals and interview goes.. cheers&kudos to everyone here....#gracias

Brown Sugar, have you gotten any reply to your email?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 3:48pm On Nov 13, 2019
Please how long does it take for a case to get to the Embassy after it says “in transit” from the NVC?

I tried reading back on the old threads but couldn’t find a duration of time. I am asking this because my fiancée is going on sea next week and she is hoping she knows my interview date before she leaves. Thanks.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2019
dicsnemma:
Please how long does it take for a case to get to the Embassy after it says “in transit” from the NVC?

I tried reading back on the old threads but couldn’t find a duration of time. I am asking this because my fiancée is going on sea next week and she is hoping she knows my interview date before she leaves. Thanks.

One week at the most if things go according to schedule

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2019
Glorioussugar:

Brown Sugar, have you gotten any reply to your email?

@glorioussugar i havent gotten any reply till now,if i dont get a reply by end of the days work tomorrow lld give them a warm reminder..

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by efozee(m): 10:33pm On Nov 13, 2019
dicsnemma:

Takes any time from 5-7 days. I Actually Received mine in 2days!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by efozee(m): 10:35pm On Nov 13, 2019
efozee:
I have 3 questions gurus in the house

1. After submitting my DS-160 form and then printing my confirmation page, I tried to print my copy of the filled ds-160 but the option to print wouldn't work like as if theres a glitch somewhere. I have tried with different browsers but still the same problem. Please how do I go about this?

2. I'm preparing for my medicals please I need a confirmation about the recent developments in qlife medicals. Does the organisation send the medical packet directly to the embassy or do I have to pick it up myself?

3. If I have to pick it up myself, can I make my travel arrangements in such a way that after getting tested and checked up, will it be possible to pick up my medicals report just 2 or 3 days before my visa interview?
Reason for this is that I live in Phc, I'd love to travel to Lagos only for the medical and then return when it's time for my Interview.

I hope someone helps me out by answering my questions ��

Please, someone should kindly help me with this.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2019
Sukey post

One week at the most if things go according to schedule

Okay, thanks a lot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.