Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,422 members, 7,781,228 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:57 AM

Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls (709 Views)

Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. / Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? / Discussion For Nairaland Atheists Only. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by jesais24(m): 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2018
The disclaimer on the Religion page reads: Share your faith in God or in higher powers here. This simple page description is the only explicit base upon which Seun Osewa created the page. The Religion page is a place for people to share their beliefs in God. IT IS MEANT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE FAITH IN GOD.

So why do we then see this multitude of agrestic and acrasial atheists, agnostics and the other irreligious and impious lot on the Religion page whose bailiwick is to hurl inconscionable animadversion at God and His devout?

You are an atheist, fine. You don't believe in God. Happy Sunday, by the way. We can't force you to. So what are you doing on a page devoted to religious discourse?

Isn't it so beffudling to see irreligious people on a religious page?

Atheism is a spiritual and moral anomaly. It's so inconsequential and insignificant that Seun Osewa who is also an atheist couldn't create a page for it! You think about it: we have pages for such petty things as Jokes and Dating, yet not a piece of paper for Atheism. This is a vociferous testament to the fact that atheism isn't relevant enough to deserve such a recognition on a forum established by an atheist.

It also speaks volumes about the mental, moral and even medical standing of the atheist in question. Now let me show you. Read the following:

1. You don't believe in God but love commenting on posts and threads related to God. Why do you enjoy discussing what you don't believe in?

2. You relish reiterating to us that you don't believe in God. Who cares? Did we ask if you do? Or do you need to keep reminding us (and consequently yourself) that you don't believe in God? Are you afraid that should you stop professing your atheism on Nairaland, you may become a believer; because even your conscience tells you that God exist, but your mind is still dancing shaku shaku in the brodingnagian bog of coakative sciolism and
spiritual ribaldy. If not, then why do you keep restating that you don't believe in God, when nobody is even preaching to or attempting to convert you? Is that normalcy.

3. You claim to be intelligent and enlightened but you couldn't read and understand the disclaimer on the Religion page which clearly states the sole goal of the page, which is to Share your faith in God or in higher powers here. Let me break it down for your assimilation: it simply means that if you have no faith in God or higher powers, you have no business here. Just imagine a celibate on a Dating thread. What's he doing there?

4. You enjoy insulting God because you count that as bravery. You're not brave; rather cowardly. You use the anonymity Nairaland affords you to promote your impiety. Can you insult God in real life? At your place of work? In public? and damn the economic and social consequences? Have you ever wondered why atheism isn't common in Islamic nations? Or why Stephen Hawking never won the Nobel Prize in Physics?

5. Most atheists, such as Seun were raised in Christians homes. So I guess they've had a dealing with the ALMIGHTY GOD, THE ETERNAL ONE, THE MAKER OF THE UNIVERSE AND CREATOR OF EVERY ATHEIST. But they've backslided.

Now here's the meats-and-potatoes:
Despite leaving God, they still feel this deep inexpressible link to God. I tell you they do. If not, then why do they troll Religion? You no longer believe in God, but you still find religious threads irresistible. Can you imagine a man who, after breaking up with his girlfriend, still follows her on Twitter; commenting on her posts; and saying things like "I'm no longer your boyfriend" every now and then. Is he normal? Well your response is the resumé of the personality of our Nairaland trolling atheists.

PS: So if you have an iota of self-respect and dignity, stop trolling Christians. It doesn't depict you as a sensible person.

Peace.
God loves you.

Every atheist is a theist in the making.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by NwaAmaikpe: 5:03pm On Oct 21, 2018
shocked

What if we die and wake up to realize we were fooled all along.

Don't take life so seriously.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by budaatum: 5:32pm On Oct 21, 2018
jesais24:

If you believe this, you'd be glad we are here.

Now, go on, make us!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by 1Sharon(f): 5:37pm On Oct 21, 2018
Lol what is this one saying? OP, are you related to Patrick Obahiagbon?
Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by felixomor: 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2018
1Sharon:
Lol what is this one saying? OP, are you related to Patrick Obahiagbon?
Lepasharon
Get a life!
Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by felixomor: 5:55pm On Oct 21, 2018
jesais24:
The disclaimer on the Religion page reads: Share your faith in God or in higher powers here. This simple page description is the only explicit base upon which Seun Osewa created the page. The Religion page is a place for people to share their beliefs in God. IT IS MEANT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE FAITH IN GOD.

So why do we then see this multitude of agrestic and acrasial atheists, agnostics and the other irreligious and impious lot on the Religion page whose bailiwick is to hurl inconscionable animadversion at God and His devout?

You are an atheist, fine. You don't believe in God. Happy Sunday, by the way. We can't force you to. So what are you doing on a page devoted to religious discourse?

Isn't it so beffudling to see irreligious people on a religious page?

Atheism is a spiritual and moral anomaly. It's so inconsequential and insignificant that Seun Osewa who is also an atheist couldn't create a page for it! You think about it: we have pages for such petty things as Jokes and Dating, yet not a piece of paper for Atheism. This is a vociferous testament to the fact that atheism isn't relevant enough to deserve such a recognition on a forum established by an atheist.

It also speaks volumes about the mental, moral and even medical standing of the atheist in question. Now let me show you. Read the following:

1. You don't believe in God but love commenting on posts and threads related to God. Why do you enjoy discussing what you don't believe in?

2. You relish reiterating to us that you don't believe in God. Who cares? Did we ask if you do? Or do you need to keep reminding us (and consequently yourself) that you don't believe in God? Are you afraid that should you stop professing your atheism on Nairaland, you may become a believer; because even your conscience tells you that God exist, but your mind is still dancing shaku shaku in the brodingnagian bog of coakative sciolism and
spiritual ribaldy. If not, then why do you keep restating that you don't believe in God, when nobody is even preaching to or attempting to convert you? Is that normalcy.

3. You claim to be intelligent and enlightened but you couldn't read and understand the disclaimer on the Religion page which clearly states the sole goal of the page, which is to Share your faith in God or in higher powers here. Let me break it down for your assimilation: it simply means that if you have no faith in God or higher powers, you have no business here. Just imagine a celibate on a Dating thread. What's he doing there?

4. You enjoy insulting God because you count that as bravery. You're not brave; rather cowardly. You use the anonymity Nairaland affords you to promote your impiety. Can you insult God in real life? At your place of work? In public? and damn the economic and social consequences? Have you ever wondered why atheism isn't common in Islamic nations? Or why Stephen Hawking never won the Nobel Prize in Physics?

5. Most atheists, such as Seun were raised in Christians homes. So I guess they've had a dealing with the ALMIGHTY GOD, THE ETERNAL ONE, THE MAKER OF THE UNIVERSE AND CREATOR OF EVERY ATHEIST. But they've backslided.

Now here's the meats-and-potatoes:
Despite leaving God, they still feel this deep inexpressible link to God. I tell you they do. If not, then why do they troll Religion? You no longer believe in God, but you still find religious threads irresistible. Can you imagine a man who, after breaking up with his girlfriend, still follows her on Twitter; commenting on her posts; and saying things like "I'm no longer your boyfriend" every now and then. Is he normal? Well your response is the resumé of the personality of our Nairaland trolling atheists.

PS: So if you have an iota of self-respect and dignity, stop trolling Christians. It doesn't depict you as a sensible person. Emulate Seun, who's an atheist just as you are, yet keeps his atheism to his brilliant self. Why won't he come on Nairaland to insult God as you do?

Peace.
God loves you.

Nice one.
Seun used to troll before.
But he has desisted of late.

Atheists cant find meaning in life without talking about God, whom they claim doesn't exist.
Many even occupy religious fora more than christians themselves.
Its a burden for them.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by johnydon22(m): 7:58pm On Oct 21, 2018
felixomor:

Nice one.
Seun used to troll before.
But he has desisted of late.

Atheists cant find meaning in life without talking about God, whom they claim doesn't exist.
Many even occupy religious fora more than christians themselves.
Its a burden for them.

Do you honestly believe this?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by johnydon22(m): 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2018
jesais24:

I'm glad you think like this, hence the reason atheist are here is for you to convert them to theism. Have thought about that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by budaatum: 8:12pm On Oct 21, 2018
johnydon22:

I'm glad you think like this, hence the reason atheist are here is for to convert them to theism. Have thought about that?
They want to keep the Almighty God to themselves, the selfish gits! If they had the choice, some of them would clear us off the face of the earth!

I wonder if there's chapter and verse that teaches share. They really need to learn to!
Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by LordReed(m): 8:19pm On Oct 21, 2018
LoL. Its not surprising that someone who sees portents in natural phenomenon would think that Seun not creating a page for Atheism is significant. I can bet most of the atheists here are exchristians who are drawn to the discussions by force of habit rather than for any false agenda you'd like to attribute to them. The joy of knowing that the bible is just a dumb book makes it hilarious reading the brain dead things Christians write. I used to write those dumb things too on this very same page so yeah I was dumb like y'all at some point but I thank god I can laugh at it all now. LMFAO!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by felixomor: 8:33pm On Oct 21, 2018
johnydon22:

Do you honestly believe this?
Its the truth!
Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by johnydon22(m): 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2018
felixomor:

Its the truth!
ok
Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by CAPSLOCKED: 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked What if we die and wake up to realize we were fooled all along.
Don't take life so seriously.
FIRSTLY, WE'RE BEING FOOLED. SECONDLY, THERE'S NO WAKING UP FOR ANYONE. WHEN WE DIE, WE DIE.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by CAPSLOCKED: 9:39pm On Oct 21, 2018
LordReed:
LoL. Its not surprising that someone who sees portents in natural phenomenon would think that Seun not creating a page for Atheism is significant. I can bet most of the atheists here are exchristians who are drawn to the discussions by force of habit rather than for any false agenda you'd like to attribute to them. The joy of knowing that the bible is just a dumb book makes it hilarious reading the brain dead things Christians write. I used to write those dumb things too on this very same page so yeah I was dumb like y'all at some point but I thank god I can laugh at it all now. LMFAO!

THE FUNNIEST MOMENTS ARE THE TIMES THEY BRAG ABOUT HOW 100% SURE THEY ARE THAT NON-CHRISTIANS ARE GOING TO YAWEH'S HELL, UNLESS THEY REPENT AND ACCEPT JESUS AND HIS FATHER - THE GOD OF ISRAEL.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by LordReed(m): 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THE FUNNIEST MOMENTS ARE THE TIMES THEY BRAG ABOUT HOW 100% SURE THEY ARE THAT NON-CHRISTIANS ARE GOING TO YAWEH'S HELL, UNLESS THEY REPENT AND ACCEPT JESUS AND HIS FATHER - THE GOD OF ISRAEL.

My favourite analogy is a child saying Santa won't bring you any presents, that is so cute and funny.
Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by jesais24(m): 11:21pm On Oct 21, 2018
LordReed:

Atheists are drawn to religious threads by habit? Really? Like it's their habit to go where they are not invited or welcome? It's their habit to insult God? That's schadenfreude. AND IT'S A BAD HABIT.
Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by LordReed(m): 11:27pm On Oct 21, 2018
jesais24:

Atheists are drawn to religious threads by habit? Really? Like it's their habit to go where they are not invited or welcome? It's their habit to insult God? That's schadenfreude. AND IT'S A BAD HABIT.

Ever heard of guilty pleasures? Chocolate for example, bad for your waistline but damn Toblerone tastes so delish.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by spongeisback: 11:40pm On Oct 21, 2018
Awwwwww another butthurt theist. A Christian complaint about atheist how original, Some churches run services from Monday-Sunday every week with loud noises and we don't complain, you can't walk a mile without being chased down by a fellow giving you a church invitation "that will change your life" even in government establishments. There's a church in almost every corner of Nigeria when you complain they talk about the "gates of hell" as if Nigeria is heaven.

Being intelligent isn't about stringing big words together.

I know your Jesus promised that you would inherit the earth but for now, they're over 4000 religions plus billions of irreligious people so if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Stop fighting for your god, let him fight for himself.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by budaatum: 11:43pm On Oct 21, 2018
spongeisback:

I know your Jesus promised that you would inherit the earth...
But it's not yet time. They must wait for the thing they call, 'rapture'!
Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by jesais24(m): 11:48pm On Oct 21, 2018
LordReed:

Ever heard of guilty pleasures? Chocolate for example, bad for your waistline but damn Toblerone tastes so delish.

In other words, they just enjoy trolling. OK. Now I get it. Like "We don't believe in God, but we just can't help insulting Him and trolling believers. We know it's bad to do it (chocolate), but...well, it feels good doing it (Toblerone). So let's do it."
Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by spongeisback: 11:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
budaatum:

But it's not yet time. They must wait for the thing they call, 'rapture'!

This days they don't care about rapture any more but "kingdom expansion" A.K.A prosperity gospel A.K.A God said you should give me your money so I can build a house for him in my name and that of my children.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by spongeisback: 11:55pm On Oct 21, 2018
The gospel of Atheism is marching on and the gates of fairy tales shall not prevail....

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by budaatum: 11:57pm On Oct 21, 2018
spongeisback:

This days they don't care about rapture any more but "kingdom expansion" A.K.A prosperity gospel A.K.A God said you should give me your money so I can build a house for him in my name and that of my children.
Oh? My bad. I didn't know they'd evolved.
Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by jesais24(m): 11:59pm On Oct 21, 2018
spongeisback:
Awwwwww another butthurt theist. Am guessing you're a Christian, Some churches run services from Monday-Sunday every week with loud noises and we don't complain, you can't walk a mile without being chased down by a fellow giving you a church invitation "that will change your life" even in government establishments. There's a church in almost every corner of Nigeria when you complain they talk about the "gates of hell" as if Nigeria is heaven.

Being intelligent isn't about stringing big words together.

I know your Jesus promised that you would inherit the earth but for now, they're over 4000 religions plus billions of irreligious people so if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Stop fighting for your god, let him fight for himself.

The question still is: why do atheists feel the need to take it upon themselves to INSULT GOD (especially on religious threads that do not concern them)? Do they do it just to satisfy some sadistic lust? or do they dream that they could disillusion or convert a Christian to atheism?

Well, we are all believers; including atheists who BELIEVE that God doesn't exist.

By the way, there are no atheists in foxholes!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by LordReed(m): 12:05am On Oct 22, 2018
jesais24:

In other words, they just enjoy trolling. OK. Now I get it. Like "We don't believe in God, but we just can't help insulting Him and trolling believers. We know it's bad to do it (chocolate), but...well, it feels good doing it (Toblerone). So let's do it."

Makes no difference what you call it, i am here to be entertained by fairytales.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by spongeisback: 12:07am On Oct 22, 2018
If there's really a god they would be only ONE religion. Heck you and your fellow Christians can't even seem to agree on issues even with the guidance of the so called Holy Spirit different churches with opposing doctrines keep on springing up and you blame atheists?!

BTW saying they're no atheists in a foxhole is a statement that has been debunked over and over again like the popular "last words of atheists" you guys brandish around.

jesais24:

The question still is: why do atheists feel the need to take it upon themselves to INSULT GOD (especially on religious threads that do not concern them)? Do they do it just to satisfy some sadistic lust? or do they dream that they could disillusion or convert a Christian to atheism?

Well, we are all believers; including atheists who BELIEVE that God doesn't exist.

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by budaatum: 12:33am On Oct 22, 2018
jesais24:

You actually are serious and sound sincere, so let me bother.

To begin with, its some sort of fight back. Most of us have had to listen to someone tell us we are going to hell because we don't believe. Most times we're just minding our own business and someone asks if we are saved. Well, if you asked me such a silly question, you are going to hear me tell you I'm an atheist. Be honest, what's your response? Is it not "you're going to hell buda" ?

Then there's the pervasive way religion makes some reason. Many pray to gods to come down and save them but where the heck did they get that from? Is it not true that you have to get off your ass and save yourself? But look at the majority praying to gods instead of getting on with making this earth a better place! Look at nations that take their destiny into their own hands. Which seems more blessed? It would be pathetic if not sad if it weren't the case that the more people in nations that believe in gods, the poorer those nations actually are, and if it only affected the individual theist, no one would bother, but it affects us all! There's more money in churches than in factories in our country. Banks will rather give you a loan for a church than a loan for business. Hospitals? For where?! And we wonder why we have massive unemployment!

Then there's the division caused by religion. Go through threads on here and Catholics and Protestants don't get on. Jehovah Witnesses, Catholics and Protestants are at war, Muslims and Christians can't agree, even Protestants can't get on with one another. All god people are at each others throats. Believe me that only a heartless person would not be irritated and annoyed

But honest, its not the gods that atheists blame for all this since gods just don't exist at least as far as atheists are concerned. Its those who believe in crappy ways that we are against. There's lots of people on this forum who hardly get involved in atheist arguments, but go check and you'd still find threads with atheist in the title are created by theists to mock atheists and atheism! Fortunately, or unfortunately for the theists, no one told atheists to turn the other cheek.

Personally, if people truly followed what their religious books teach - love your neighbour, care for the poor, etc there'd likely be no war. But many hide behind their imagined made up versions of gods and spew hatred and expect no one to say their gods are figments of their imagination. I tell you the truth, the gods created atheists so that the theists can be better theists.

There's lots more reasons besides these few that I've listed, and apart from tomblerones. But I hope this would suffice for now.
Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by OKOATA(m): 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2018
I believe in God with all my Might but I don't believe that hell is real. A thousand years is like a day before God. Let's say I spend 100 years that's about a few hours. So God will burn me in hell eternally for spending some few hours on earth. God is a God of love not evil. Furck people who talk about hell like they ve been there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Atheists: Atheists or Religious Trolls by able88(m): 11:09pm On Oct 24, 2018
Crying more than the bereaved. Are you afraid that atheists will make you to lose your faith?

(1) (Reply)

Today's Shockest Post / Confusion In Ondo As Redeemed Preacher Heals Leper, Deaf In Market Place / Simple Biblical Prove that Jesus Is NOT God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.