Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,031 members, 7,799,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! (29416 Views)

Sallah: NATCOM DG, Dr. Baba Mohammed Felicitates With Nigerians / New Year: NATCOM Boss Felicitates With Nigerians / Best Places To Generally Meet Girls In Lahore & Dating Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by lexy2014: 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2018
Shelumiel:
Sir ,I did not come up with these figures ; they were published by international bodies who went round Africa with a view of knowing the number of poor people dwelling in Sub-Saharan African . I believe you read newspapers and have been also been following reports from the World's Poverty Index made available by Brookings Institution . Of recent they published an article on how Nigeria's poverty level has gone beyond India's . Here is the excerpts :
http://saharareporters.com/2018/06/25/nigeria-overtakes-india-country-highest-number-extremely-poor-people-world. Poverty is the root cause of most of the lawless deeds we have in Nigeria . A poor man is not conscious of what he does ; he only conscious of his survival . If poverty is eradicated , the mindset of people will be changed . Shalom
What d world poverty index said isn't in doubt as that isn't d subject of contention. D issue is how did u come about this analysis?

"This also means that in every 10 people you see on the road , 5 are extremely poor (not poor ) . While the remaining(50%) fall within the rich and middle class ,of which, the middle class still forms less than 40% of that population"

D WPI didn't do that analysis. What indices did u use in coming 2 ur conclusion?

Now with ur WPI data, how does all these grammar u have written answer d questions about d number of poor people that steal compared with d number of rich people that steal? Are u saying that d so called 50% are responsible 4 all d lawlessness in Nigeria? How does all ur grammar explain y some Nigerians like 2 beat traffic light or y some corpers throw their waste in d drains? Did u conduct any research on d rich 50% and d poor 50%?

How did u come 2d conclusion that
Poverty is the root cause of most of the lawless deeds we have in Nigeria. (Are rich people not lawless?) What research did u do 2 conclude that A poor man is not conscious of what he does &that he is only conscious of his survival? How did u interact with d poor 50% to have arrived at ur conclusion?

What's ur study location & population? What was ur methodology? Who validated ur theory?
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by ihatesycophant(m): 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2018
Shelumiel:
Sir , except you are willingly to deceive yourself, poverty is the major cause of Nigeria's woes today . Imagine being paid 2k to sell your vote just because you have not been paid salary for the last 15months. Please which right thinking person would want to sell his right to choose a leader all for the sake of 2k ? What would prompt such an act ? Poverty . Yes. Poverty is powerful.
You entirely misconstrued the points raised. If I may ask you, is it poverty that makes Nigerian to dump refuse in an unwanted place? Is it poverty that makes Nigerian beat up traffic? It is poverty that makes Nigerian jump lie in a bank? Is it poverty that makes Nigerian corner what is meant for a whole community? Poverty does not make one misbehavior but attitude does. Until will have attitudinal change and approach, before we can have a healthy Nigeria.
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Shelumiel: 8:35pm On Oct 22, 2018
lexy2014:

What d world poverty index said isn't in doubt as that isn't d subject of contention. D issue is how did u come about this analysis?

"This also means that in every 10 people you see on the road , 5 are extremely poor (not poor ) . While the remaining(50%) fall within the rich and middle class ,of which, the middle class still forms less than 40% of that population"

D WPI didn't do that analysis. What indices did u use in coming 2 ur conclusion?

Now with ur WPI data, how does all these grammar u have written answer d questions about d number of poor people that steal compared with d number of rich people that steal? Are u saying that d so called 50% are responsible 4 all d lawlessness in Nigeria? How does all ur grammar explain y some Nigerians like 2 beat traffic light or y some corpers throw their waste in d drains? Did u conduct any research on d rich 50% and d poor 50%?

How did u come 2d conclusion that
Poverty is the root cause of most of the lawless deeds we have in Nigeria. (Are rich people not lawless?) What research did u do 2 conclude that A poor man is not conscious of what he does &that he is only conscious of his survival? How did u interact with d poor 50% to have arrived at ur conclusion?

What's ur study location & population? What was ur methodology? Who validated ur theory?
I gave reference in my last post . Did you read it ? Did you see the figures?Is it that you find it hard to accept the statistic given by international bodies because you have a bias ? The information I presented were not conjured ; and I certainly did not make them up ; they were made by international organisations who have their validity with WHO. Even by mere looking at the information given, common sense should tell you that in a population of 180 million, 86.7 million is a number approximately close to 50% of that population. Lolz...this is simple mathematics ; not rocket science Bros; it is what they teach in primary schools.
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Shelumiel: 8:42pm On Oct 22, 2018
ihatesycophant:

You entirely misconstrued the points raised. If I may ask you, is it poverty that makes Nigerian to dump refuse in an unwanted place? Is it poverty that makes Nigerian beat up traffic? It is poverty that makes Nigerian jump lie in a bank? Is it poverty that makes Nigerian corner what is meant for a whole community? Poverty does not make one misbehavior but attitude does. Until will have attitudinal change and approach, before we can have a healthy Nigeria.
Sir, the person you are today is a function of your upbringing. Your upbringing is still a function of those things you had and did not have when you were young . A man who grew up with poverty , has a poor man' mentality : his basic instinct is survival at all cost ; he knows nothing of refinement; has little or no regard for what is right and wrong ; he will cut corners all in the name of meeting up with his instincts at survival.
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Ten06(m): 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2018
Nigerians are like people with mental illnesses that is not well treated

1 Like

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by lexy2014: 9:24pm On Oct 22, 2018
Shelumiel:
I gave reference in my last post . Did you read it ? Did you see the figures?Is it that you find it hard to accept the statistic given by international bodies because you have a bias ? The information I presented were not conjured ; and I certainly did not make them up ; they were made by international organisations who have their validity with WHO. Even by mere looking at the information given, common sense should tell you that in a population of 180 million, 86.7 million is a number approximately close to 50% of that population. Lolz...this is simple mathematics ; not rocket science Bros; it is what they teach in primary schools.
No need 2 get emotional. Just relax. Did u read this in my last post and are u sure u no what I asked of u?

"What d world poverty index said isn't in doubt as that isn't d subject of contention. D issue is how did u come about this analysis? "

This ur analysis:

""This also means that in every 10 people you see on the road , 5 are extremely poor (not poor ) . While the remaining(50%) fall within the rich and middle class ,of which, the middle class still forms less than 40% of that population"

Is this analysis from WPI? What has WHO got 2 do with a report from WPI? Is WHO d body that validates WPI's findings?

Again d issue ISN'T whether 50% equals 86million. Ur assignment is 2 validate how d 50% that are poor are lawless and how d 50% that are rich arent lawless. Ur job is 2 prove that d 50% that are poor are responsible 4 all d lawlessness in Nigeria. Ur job is to prove how u came 2 this conclusion

Ur job is 2 prove how u came 2d conclusion that
"Poverty is the root cause of most of the lawless deeds we have in Nigeria . A poor man is not conscious of what he does ; he only conscious of his survival"
U should b able 2 adequately inform what research u did and on whom b4 u came 2 ur conclusion.

D data u even provided about d number of poor is highly irrelevant 2d discussion cos I didn't ask u 2 tell how many poor people are in Nigeria. D data I was expecting from u was data showing d number of lawless acts committed in Nigeria over a period of time and d class of people that committed them. D data u were 2 provide was supposed 2 tell us d number of lawless acts committed by poor people juxtaposed with d number of lawless acts committed by rich people over d same period. I thought that since u went 2 school, u should have understood d crux of d matter. Unfortunately, u are telling us d number of poor people in Nigeria. That's no news. What should b news is that u are able 2 establish how these number of poor people in Nigeria are responsible 4 all d lawlessness in d country & d rich aren't. This isn't primary school stuff(if thats were u at) so u need 2 step up.
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Shelumiel: 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2018
lexy2014:

No need 2 get emotional. Just relax. Did u read this in my last post and are u sure u no what I asked of u?

"What d world poverty index said isn't in doubt as that isn't d subject of contention. D issue is how did u come about this analysis? "

This ur analysis:

""This also means that in every 10 people you see on the road , 5 are extremely poor (not poor ) . While the remaining(50%) fall within the rich and middle class ,of which, the middle class still forms less than 40% of that population"

Is this analysis from WPI? What has WHO got 2 do with a report from WPI? Is WHO d body that validates WPI's findings?

Again d issue ISN'T whether 50% equals 86million. Ur assignment is 2 validate how d 50% that are poor are lawless and how d 50% that are rich arent lawless. Ur job is 2 prove that d 50% that are poor are responsible 4 all d lawlessness in Nigeria. Ur job is to prove how u came 2 this conclusion

Ur job is 2 prove how u came 2d conclusion that
"Poverty is the root cause of most of the lawless deeds we have in Nigeria . A poor man is not conscious of what he does ; he only conscious of his survival"
U should b able 2 adequately inform what research u did and on whom b4 u came 2 ur conclusion.

D data u even provided about d number of poor is highly irrelevant 2d discussion cos I didn't ask u 2 tell how many poor people are in Nigeria. D data I was expecting from u was data showing d number of lawless acts committed in Nigeria over a period of time and d class of people that committed them. D data u were 2 provide was supposed 2 tell us d number of lawless acts committed by poor people juxtaposed with d number of lawless acts committed by rich people over d same period. I thought that since u went 2 school, u should have understood d crux of d matter. Unfortunately, u are telling us d number of poor people in Nigeria. That's no news. What should b news is that u are able 2 establish how these number of poor people in Nigeria are responsible 4 all d lawlessness in d country & d rich aren't. This isn't primary school stuff(if thats were u at) so u need 2 step up.
Sir , if I were to give you references, the whole of Nairaland would not be able to hold it . But do yourself a favor: see the root ripple-effects of on poverty in society . See how those effect measure up to a decline in moral behavior . Shalom
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by lexy2014: 10:12pm On Oct 22, 2018
Shelumiel:
Sir , if I were to give you references, the whole of Nairaland would not be able to hold it . But do yourself a favor: see the root ripple-effects of on poverty in society . See how those effect measure up to a decline in moral behavior . Shalom
Give it first, then we will c if nairaland won't b able 2 hold it. From d stats, u can c that nairaland has 2million members & 4million tppics. so ur references will b like a spoon of sand in an ocean. If u had so much references, am sure u would dropped a few. Obviously u don't have any references. U only made bogus claims that u cant defend and that have no empirical backing.

If u want me 2c anything, then convince me with facts. If u say poverty causes a decline moral behavior, then pls tell me how u arrived at that conclusion. What research did u do?
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Shelumiel: 10:33pm On Oct 22, 2018
lexy2014:

Give it first, then we will c if nairaland won't b able 2 hold it. From d stats, u can c that nairaland has 2million members so ur references will b like a spoon of sand in an ocean. If u had so much references, am sure u would dropped a few. Obviously u don't have any references. U only made bogus claims that u cant defend and that have no empirical backing.

If u want me 2c anything, then convince me with facts. If u say poverty causes a decline moral behavior, then pls tell me how u arrived at that conclusion. What research did u do?
Sir , with all due respect cannot lower myself to your level of incompetence ; for that would be an insult to my intelligence . However , you can please yourself by disbelieving the facts I handed to you ; it is your choice . But anyway , the likes I had on my initial post say that some people agree with my logic ; which is far logical than your own naive way of thinking . Shalom
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by lexy2014: 10:43pm On Oct 22, 2018
Shelumiel:
Sir , with all due respect cannot lower myself to your level of incompetence ; for that would be an insult to my intelligence . However , you can please yourself by disbelieving the facts I handed to you ; it is your choice . But anyway , the likes I had on my initial post say that some people agree with my logic ; which is far logical than your own naive way of thinking . Shalom
Like I said don't get emotional just prove what u said. Its u who said that poverty is d cause of lawlessness. Instead of providing data to show how poor people are responsible 4 lawlessness in nigéria, u were providing data that shows d number of poor people in d country as if that is d subject of discussion. So if u talking about incompetence, then I guess u should look in d mirror. If u ask me, am really "impressed" by ur level of intelligence.

4d fact that u have likes on ur initial post doesn't mean what u said is valid and that's y a no of people decided 2 take u up on d issue. So far so good, all u have made are bogus claims which u couldn't prove. Uptill now, u couldn't prove one thing

1 Like

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Shelumiel: 10:49pm On Oct 22, 2018
lexy2014:

Like I said don't get emotional just prove what u said. Its u who said that poverty is d cause of lawlessness. Instead of providing data to show how poor people are responsible 4 lawlessness in nigéria, u were providing data that shows d number of poor people in d country as if that is d subject of discussion. So if u talking about incompetence, then I guess u should look in d mirror. If u ask me, am really "impressed" by ur level of intelligence.

4d fact that u have likes on ur initial post doesn't mean what u said is valid and that's y a no of people decided 2 take u up on d issue. So far so good, all u have made are bogus claims which u couldn't prove. Uptill now, u couldn't prove one thing
I have debated the subject with many people . Just view the thread and see yourself swallow your own vomit grin
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by lexy2014: 10:54pm On Oct 22, 2018
Shelumiel:
I have debate the subject with many people . Just view the thread and see yourself swallow your own vomit grin
Try 2 keep ur emotions in check OK. I saw ur debate that's y i made reference 2 it. Having a debate doesn't validate ur claims. Its u providing empirical facts that support ur theory that poor people are responsible 4 lawlessness in Nigeria that validates ur claims. That's d crux of d matter. Not vomit. By d way, is this d intelligence u were talking about cos I don't c what vomit has got 2do with d discussion
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Shelumiel: 11:02pm On Oct 22, 2018
lexy2014:

Try 2 keep ur emotions in check OK. I saw ur debate that's y i made reference 2 it. Having a debate doesn't validate ur claims. Its u providing empirical facts that support ur theory that poor people are responsible 4 lawlessness in Nigeria that validates ur claims. That's d crux of d matter. Not vomit. By d way, is this d intelligence u were talking about cos I don't c what vomit has got 2do with d discussion
Empirical facts ? Lolx...bro, I do not think you know the meaning of the word. For if you did , you would not be asking silly questions as to how I got my findings
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by lexy2014: 11:06pm On Oct 22, 2018
Shelumiel:
Empirical facts ? Lolx...bro, I do not think you know the meaning of the word. For if you did , you would not be asking silly questions as to how I got my findings
OK agreed. I don't no d meaning of empirical facts. So what's d meaning of empirical facts? Y shouldn't I ask u how u got ur findings?
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by bluefilm: 11:56pm On Oct 22, 2018
NaijaMutant:
Buhari is the only thing wrong with Nugeria undecided

We must do away with Buhari

I just decided to like your senseless post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Unique Things That Are Common In Lagos / Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most / Why Do Some Set Of Persons Think They Owns Mr & Mrs Nairaland Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.