Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,239 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:08 AM

Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU (15295 Views)

The Best Android Smartphones Under ₦40,000 ($115) / 10m Nigerians To Get Free Wi-fi Facilities As Google Station Opens / Less Than N30,000 Quality Android Smartphones In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by Olodo24: 11:05am On Oct 22, 2018
make we begin use one phone for ten years?
Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by musicwriter(m): 11:10am On Oct 22, 2018
Bottom line is greed. As usual Europeans want to have it all due to greed. I think google should make people in the EU pay for the services but leave the rest of the world out of it. We're not complaining in Africa or elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by abumeinben(m): 11:20am On Oct 22, 2018
I didn't read the whole epistle, however, I knew about this.

Some months back, EU fired a shot of $5 billion fine on Google on privacy and app/OS monopoly grounds.

If I were Google, I would do same, tag a price to Android. If I give you my product for free, then it means you're actually paying with something else. See Wall Street Journal article on "Chinese in Africa"
Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by SarkinYarki: 11:35am On Oct 22, 2018
Astrosmart:
I know Buhari supporters are always du** but the EU did the right thing..

I won't expect you to know since you support lifeless leader that put us in recession twice

What European Phone OS are they protecting ? Non !!!! Well the only loser here the consumer like you who shall end up paying more but Ibkno w you are to shallow to understand... Never in your life call me a Buhari supports again , when I started the clamour for the removal of Buhari on this forum in 2016 as a lone voice where were you ...There is no Nairalander that has done as much as me in the anti Buhari movt ..are you aware I was the one who coined the phrase Back2Daura .
Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by TrillionBrains(m): 11:35am On Oct 22, 2018
Humblega:
We will kuku go back to our old phone models and be doing throw back everyday.

Add little more PACKAGING and you could get something like this. Hahahaha

Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by kevoh(m): 11:37am On Oct 22, 2018
Humblega:
Can't believe I tripped for these ugly Nokia phones especially the Ngage...
Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 22, 2018
Please get your facts right, OMEs have the option to add Google apps bundle and not pay $40 per device or add Google apps bundle and install android for free which is how its always been.
Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by fowlyansh181(m): 11:47am On Oct 22, 2018
SarkinYarki:

What European Phone OS are they protecting ? Non !!!! Well the only loser here the consumer like you who shall end up paying more but Ibkno w you are to shallow to understand... Never in your life call me a Buhari supports again , when I started the clamour for the removal of Buhari on this forum in 2016 as a lone voice where were you ...There is no Nairalander that has done as much as me in the anti Buhari movt ..are you aware I was the one who coined the phrase Back2Daura .
i respect the fact that you are part of the many that want the lifeless one gone ... you misunderstand this article ... this is what it means, Android is an open sourced OS by google.. open source means, anyone can use their source code for free and make any version of Android they wish, which all these phone companies do for free.. now google seems to make their search engine and tools a must use on those Android platforms because they own Android, this eliminates competition for them and doesn’t give other companies a chance to be a competitor to google search engine, and other tools on Android .. E.U fined google because of that and google now being silky or angry or whatever now instead of allowing the Android OS to be used for free again , will charge any company wishing to use the Android source code for their devices $40.. Google seems to be the greedy one here, EU is just doing it’s job making sure nobody owns monopoly in a tricky way

2 Likes

Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by qanda: 11:50am On Oct 22, 2018
ok
Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by BedLam: 12:04pm On Oct 22, 2018
Aboguede:
If it eventually happens as reported and the EU does nothing or delay doing something and the price of Android phones increase abnormally then it is a deliberate coordinated plan by the two parties to steal from the unsuspecting European Villagers

Infact right now Android phones are more costly in the EU already compared to other continents

Example, Samsung's j5 is sold for 190 euros which is at least 80k in naira. U can check the price in ur area

And this is the major reason uk left EU because joblessness is already killing many the empty but boastful EU countries
Thrashed. Google will have them selves to be blamed when the real competition comes knocking. Google is not in China but they have some of the most amazing apps and appstore. It is a lie that some goolge services has to be installed for Android to function. This will give room for independent appstores. The Chinese are watching.
Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by quickberry3(m): 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2018
Astrosmart:
I know Buhari supporters are always du** but the EU did the right thing..

I won't expect you to know since you support lifeless leader that put us in recession twice

He is a PDP supporter, we Buhari supporters are intelligent
Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by drchuks1234(m): 1:26pm On Oct 22, 2018
Britishcoins:
My problem now is how to Meet Nnamdi Kanu
Eiyaaaa sorry oh na dream be that
Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by donqx: 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2018
smiley
Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by MartinsD12(m): 2:00pm On Oct 22, 2018
Humblega:
Hehehe with my Samsung r2 220
Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by haryorbarmie83(m): 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2018
Humblega:
abeg where can I get the Nokia engaga.
Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by emmyN(m): 6:19pm On Oct 22, 2018
That's beautiful. Nokia 3310 is never a bad choice
Re: Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU by sulasa07(m): 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2018
Make them allow me buy my Vernee X b4 price increase oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Ways To Improve Your Mobile Phone Connection / Aliexpress Vs Jumia. Which One Is Better / Live Pictures From TECNO Debut At The Mobile World Congress (MWC2023) Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.