Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 (27654 Views)

President Paul Biya Changes Military Formation In Cameroon / 89-Year-Old Paul Biya Of Cameroon Didn’t Know Where He Was, Farted In Public / Cameroon President Paul Biya Has The Most Luxurious Presidential Car In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Empredboy(m): 5:46pm On Oct 22, 2018
goldcoinhub:
The Cameroonian president, Paul Biya wins re-election bid with 71% of the vote, the constitutional council has announced, extending his 36-year rule and cementing his place as one of Africa’s longest-serving rulers.

The widely-expected win, announced on Monday, gives the 85-year-old a seventh term in office and could see him in power until at least the age of 92. The only current African president to have ruled longer is Equatorial Guinea’s Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo.
Most Cameroonians have known just one president.

Victory in the 7 October election came amid claims from opposition candidates that the election was marred by fraud, including ballot stuffing and voter intimidation. The constitutional council rejected all 18 petitions claiming fraud last week.

In addition, violence connected to a separatist movement in the western anglophone regions forced tens of thousands to flee in the lead-up to the vote, and kept the vast majority there from casting their ballot.

The announcement follows two weeks of political tension in the coffee and oil-producing country, during which Biya’s leading rival Maurice Kamto claimed victory based on his campaign’s figures, and as police tried to silence opposition marches in the port city of Douala.

Monday’s official results showed Kamto won 14% of the vote. Biya won with a big margin in nine of the 10 regions. In the South and East regions he won over 90% of the vote.

Authorities have defended the process.

“The election was free, fair and credible in spite of the security challenges in the English-speaking regions,” said the president of constitutional council, Clement Atangana, on Monday.

https://lailasnews.com/cameroons-85-year-old-president-paul-biya-wins-re-election/

Africaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by honor4me: 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2018
delugajackson:
Africa is cursed.

Over here in Nigeria, some zombies are still championing the return of the dead. What would a forward-thinking country be doing with a lifeless, incompetent man at the helm of affairs? This backward mentality is what is keeping us many light years behind the whites. Truly, there is something fundamentally wrong with the Black man.
Keep wailing. Na you biko
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by waleadex(m): 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2018
Chukazu:

Oga Buhari is more than 80 years. Forget the football age

Lolz...football age or politics age? Smiles...
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by pedrilo: 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2018
KOLLYPROF:
Cameroonians will never wise up
They are so dull to the extent of giving this man of 85years another chance to push them into cana
I wonder why they don't represent Africa anymore in the world cup
Mcheew
i hav alot of Cameroonian friends. They are tired of Biya but in a hopeless situation just like us.
Africa is dead continent.

1 Like

Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by thesicilian: 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2018
Ok
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2018
delugajackson:
Africa is cursed.

Over here in Nigeria, some zombies are still championing the return of the dead. What would a forward-thinking country be doing with a lifeless, incompetent man at the helm of affairs? This backward mentality is what is keeping us many light years behind the whites. Truly, there is something fundamentally wrong with the Black man.

And u really think Atiku will get you closer to the white right? Smh
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by donbenie(m): 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2018
Nwaikuku2:
Why is it that Africans prefer old men to rule them?
The old men refuse to leave office.. shocked
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Homeboyy: 6:19pm On Oct 22, 2018
Paul Biya want to be a life president
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Amazingman(m): 6:28pm On Oct 22, 2018
Brother, don't say things like did without properly inquiring. I am a Nigeria born n raised in Cameroon and as I speak to you this president is worse than naija government put together. There is massive killing in the English Cameroon as the people have risen to oppose this tyrant. Brother, its blood , he cuts off internet, light, water and basic supplies. You can google to see the amount of Cameroon refugees in calabar. As of now he has closed all borders and my mother is still trapped there. Am sorry if my response may sound rude but its true

KOLLYPROF:
Cameroonians will never wise up
They are so dull to the extent of giving this man of 85years another chance to push them into cana
I wonder why they don't represent Africa anymore in the world cup
Mcheew

3 Likes

Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by teejet: 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2018
Nwaikuku2:
Why is it that Africans prefer old men to rule them?

....... because age comes wisdom, commitment, sincerity, and selfless service........as in Sai Baba!
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by DONFASZY(m): 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2018
why all dis old foool dey do like dis
buhari sef.....africa leaders or politician r rili cursed to die ruling in power
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by drealzum(m): 6:48pm On Oct 22, 2018
Paul Biya won because just like Biafra the English part(ambazonia) said no referandum no election. So they did not come out to vote.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 22, 2018
Africa, na wa.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by rsajuwon22: 7:28pm On Oct 22, 2018
this the symbol off knowing a thief. it common in Cameroon e.g isa iyatu the former c.a.f president.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Ugosample(m): 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2018
Lucifer66:
To be an African is not a choice but a curse.

unfortunately so
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Ugosample(m): 7:45pm On Oct 22, 2018
Amazingman:

Brother, don't say things like did without properly inquiring. I am a Nigeria born n raised in Cameroon and as I speak to you this president is worse than naija government put together. There is massive killing in the English Cameroon as the people have risen to oppose this tyrant. Brother, its blood , he cuts off internet, light, water and basic supplies. You can google to see the amount of Cameroon refugees in calabar. As of now he has closed all borders and my mother is still trapped there. Am sorry if my response may sound rude but its true

you are right
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2018
ifymadu:
My brother, no sane mind will be in support of such.
What about the two old men presented to Nigerians to choose from?

Are you not among those Atikulators and Sai babarians?
There's no difference between them and Biya.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by ifymadu: 8:21pm On Oct 22, 2018
kingkakaone:

What about the two old men presented to Nigerians to choose from?

Are you not among those Atikulators and Sai babarians?
There's no difference between them and Biya.
I am very far from any of those and I don’t believe there is anything like a better evil. PDP and APC is same, no difference, it’s a matter of choosing between bad or bad. I just feel for my family and friends still in that mess.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 22, 2018
ifymadu:
I am very far from any of those and I don’t believe there is anything like a better evil. PDP and APC is same, no difference, it’s a matter of choosing between bad or bad. I just feel for my family and friends still in that mess.
Ok.
I'm angry that people still have hope in any of those two old men.
None of them can salvage this country from the current mess because they were among those who took her here in the first place.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 22, 2018
delugajackson:
Africa is cursed.

Black man has no sense!
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by KOLLYPROF(m): 8:54pm On Oct 22, 2018
Amazingman:

Then how come did he emerge as the winner, did he rig the election
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by franvincoop: 9:24pm On Oct 22, 2018
u di doubt am?
KOLLYPROF:
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Henri8: 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2018
All these lifeless old men sef.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 22, 2018
goldcoinhub:
The Cameroonian president, Paul Biya wins re-election bid with 71% of the vote, the constitutional council has announced, extending his 36-year rule and cementing his place as one of Africa’s longest-serving rulers.

The widely-expected win, announced on Monday, gives the 85-year-old a seventh term in office and could see him in power until at least the age of 92. The only current African president to have ruled longer is Equatorial Guinea’s Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo.
Most Cameroonians have known just one president.

Victory in the 7 October election came amid claims from opposition candidates that the election was marred by fraud, including ballot stuffing and voter intimidation. The constitutional council rejected all 18 petitions claiming fraud last week.

In addition, violence connected to a separatist movement in the western anglophone regions forced tens of thousands to flee in the lead-up to the vote, and kept the vast majority there from casting their ballot.

The announcement follows two weeks of political tension in the coffee and oil-producing country, during which Biya’s leading rival Maurice Kamto claimed victory based on his campaign’s figures, and as police tried to silence opposition marches in the port city of Douala.

Monday’s official results showed Kamto won 14% of the vote. Biya won with a big margin in nine of the 10 regions. In the South and East regions he won over 90% of the vote.

Authorities have defended the process.

“The election was free, fair and credible in spite of the security challenges in the English-speaking regions,” said the president of constitutional council, Clement Atangana, on Monday.

https://lailasnews.com/cameroons-85-year-old-president-paul-biya-wins-re-election/

@ 85 he has much more life than the lifeless dullardinhho from northern republic of daura
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Anonimoux: 10:31pm On Oct 22, 2018
Africans
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by themanderon: 10:34pm On Oct 22, 2018
Africa the shithole continent. How do we hope to develop when we keep voting in geriatrics into office in this information age. Who has made us so Imagine an 85yr old man that's supposed to be in a retirement home ruling a country full of young and vibrant people na waoooo.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by lochi01(m): 10:35pm On Oct 22, 2018
AFRICAN?. my grandpa then @80 anything i do he says am lazy and i can't farm... we dont need people dat complain abt the youth,
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Amazingman(m): 11:39pm On Oct 22, 2018
that guy does not need to rig the election. He owns the electoral commission, he owns the ballot boxes. He is not only the head of the armed forces, he is the armed forces. He has made his generals totally useless and worst , powerless,very very powerless. There is an ongoing crisis in the two English speaking regions of Cameroon of which Cameroon has 10,no elections were held in this area becos of the ongoing resistance, so how come this man won when his own French brothers are now demanding his end. The result was staged, rigging is an understatement, some weeks ago, the other aspirant Kamto was declared winner, today Paul biya is still president.

KOLLYPROF:

1 Like

Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by ifymadu: 11:54pm On Oct 22, 2018
kingkakaone:

Ok.
I'm angry that people still have hope in any of those two old men.
None of them can salvage this country from the current mess because they were among those who took her here in the first place.
But the masses are blinded to see all these
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by Abdbaba: 12:24am On Oct 23, 2018
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by madjune(m): 5:00am On Oct 23, 2018
This man was President when I was in primary school in the 80s o.

Good lawd.

Cameroon people dull.
Re: Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 by KOLLYPROF(m): 6:40am On Oct 23, 2018
Amazingman:
that guy does not need to rig the election. He owns the electoral commission, he owns the ballot boxes. He is not only the head of the armed forces, he is the armed forces. He has made his generals totally useless and worst , powerless,very very powerless. There is an ongoing crisis in the two English speaking regions of Cameroon of which Cameroon has 10,no elections were held in this area becos of the ongoing resistance, so how come this man won when his own French brothers are now demanding his end. The result was staged, rigging is an understatement, some weeks ago, the other aspirant Kamto was declared winner, today Paul biya is still president.

Thanks for the enlightenment but I pity people's condition over there, it will be so pathetic, God is going to save you one day may be when he dies because no hope for that country for now unless he's gone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Abomination’: Pelosi Leads Outcry On Supreme Court Draft Abortion Ruling / Airforce One, Marine One Fleet Grounded As 3 White House Reporters Test Positive / McCain Fires Back At Putin With America's Own Letter To Russians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.