Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,334 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank (7807 Views)

Japan Pharma Company “Otsuka” Establish $50m Factory In Shagamu / Wema Bank Signs $50 Million Credit Facility With ECOWAS Bank / Business Owner Settles Apprentice With N1M Plus Credit Facility Worth N500K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank by edunwablog: 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2018
The African Development Bank has approved a US$50 million line of credit to Nigeria’s Fidelity Bank Plc to support small and medium-sized, and women-owned enterprises in selected transformative sectors.

The credit will also accommodate close to 100 SMEs in manufacturing, health and education.

According to a statement by AfDB, the credit was approved by the bank’s board on October 10, 2018, and the facility is fully dedicated to financing micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs), with a minimum of 30 per cent going to women-owned enterprises.

The statement read: "The loan will enhance Fidelity Bank’s liquidity and help meet the demand for medium-term funding to players in the target sectors, contributing to improved quality of lives, job and wealth creation and tax-revenue generation.

"The facility complements the Nigerian government's long-term development strategy, as espoused in its Vision 20:2020 agenda. Aligned with Nigeria’s Economic Recovery and Growth Plan 2017-2020 (ERPG), the AfDB noted that the funding will ultimately boost enterprise competitiveness and expand Nigeria’s economic base. The ERPG seeks to stimulate Nigeria’s economic growth, catalyse macroeconomic stability, foster diversification of the economy, and enhance social inclusion as well as governance.

"SMEs account for 30 per cent of Fidelity Bank’s loan portfolio. The selection of the tier 2 Nigerian bank for this seven-year credit facility (with a grace period of two years) is based on its strong niche presence in the SME and mid-sized corporates space. It is also in recognition of the bank’s credit management and strong track record with the African Development Bank. The Nigerian lender has previously received US$18 million and US$75 million lines of credit from the development finance institution in 2001 and 2013, respectively."

Ebrima Faal, Senior Director, Nigeria Country Office at the African Development Bank, was quoted as saying: “Fidelity Bank is a niche player, focused on the SME space and this US$50 million credit line will contribute to strengthening its presence in its key market segments. The Nigerian financial institution also continues to meet its ongoing credit obligations under the terms of previous support received from the African Development Bank".

The statement continued: "The line of credit to the Nigerian financial institution is consistent with the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (2013–2022). It also aligns with two of its High 5 priorities – Industrialize Africa and Improve the quality of life for the people of Africa.

"Founded in 1987, Fidelity Bank Plc has grown from its marginal position into a stable banking institution. Currently the 10th largest commercial bank in Nigeria by asset size, it was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in May 2005. It has a broad client base of about four million customers nationwide, served from a network of over 240 branches and business offices, supported by alternative service delivery channels like ATMs, mobile and electronic banking, and agency banking channels.

"Following its renewed digital banking and retail drive, Fidelity Bank was ranked 4th best bank in Nigeria in the retail market segment in the KPMG Banking Industry Customer Satisfaction Survey (BICSS) in 2017."

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/10/afdb-approves-50m-credit-facility-for.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank by zicocards(m): 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2018
Okay make una continue

1 Like

Re: Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank by BruncleZuma: 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank by Naijaguy12345(m): 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2018
A man walks into a bank
and walks up to a pretty, young clerk.

"I want to open a fu@king bank account," he says.

The clerk looks up, mildly shocked, sure she's misheard. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me," says the man. "I want to open a fu@king bank account."

The clerk puts down her pen. "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from using profanity in this building."

The man rolls his eyes. "What's so fu@king hard about opening a fucking bank account? Let me talk to your manager."

The clerk goes into the back room, and comes out with an older gentleman in a suit. "This is the guy," she says.

"I hear there's a problem, sir," says the manager, and steps forward. "Is there something I can help you with? Keep in mind that I personally hired all of these clerks and I will not tolerate any abuse towards them."

"Yes," says the man. "I want to open a fu@king bank account and deposit two million dollars into it."

"I see," says the manager. "Was this bitch giving you any trouble?"

Copied.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank by myettiallah: 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2018
Wow!!!
Anything that has Peter Obi's legacy turns to gold! cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank by Maket: 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2018
Because PETER OBI will soon become the v.p of Nigeria.
Meanwhile our own son Adesinya(former min.of Agric.) is keeping the boat flying there.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank by simi4me(m): 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2018
Nice
Re: Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank by KOLLYPROF(m): 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2018
Good development
Re: Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank by Kenekingisback: 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2018
Bail out?
Re: Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2018
Let the cash flow
Re: Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank by Chidizman(m): 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2018
Kenekingisback:
Bail out?

Learn to read.

4 Likes

Re: Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank by mekaboy(m): 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2018
Peter obi's financial management still paying off. Nigerian Youths will suffer if they miss this opportunity.

If they gave this to the federal government , they will tell you they are using it to cook amala and ewedu for the poorest Nigerians and the money is gone.

4 Likes

Re: Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank by jonnytad(m): 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2018
We are Fidelity, We keep our word.... what a bank, I jst like everything about the bank, frm the choice of colour to the customer service. Kudos. Keep soaring.

1 Like

Re: Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank by BuhariDcow: 1:56am On Oct 23, 2018
G
Re: Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank by toprealman: 5:35am On Oct 23, 2018
Naijaguy12345:
A man walks into a bank
and walks up to a pretty, young clerk.

"I want to open a fu@king bank account," he says.

The clerk looks up, mildly shocked, sure she's misheard. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me," says the man. "I want to open a fu@king bank account."

The clerk puts down her pen. "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from using profanity in this building."

The man rolls his eyes. "What's so fu@king hard about opening a fucking bank account? Let me talk to your manager."

The clerk goes into the back room, and comes out with an older gentleman in a suit. "This is the guy," she says.

"I hear there's a problem, sir," says the manager, and steps forward. "Is there something I can help you with? Keep in mind that I personally hired all of these clerks and I will not tolerate any abuse towards them."

"Yes," says the man. "I want to open a fu@king bank account and deposit two million dollars into it."

"I see," says the manager. "Was this bitch giving you any trouble?"

Copied.
No the fvcking problem is the OP that is posting fvcking stale jokes......I'm out with my money lifeless thing!
Re: Afdb Approves $50m Credit Facility For Fidelity Bank by Naijaguy12345(m): 9:16am On Oct 23, 2018
toprealman:
No the fvcking problem is the OP that is posting fvcking stale jokes......I'm out with my money lifeless thing!
This one has mental health issue.

(1) (Reply)

Employee Verification And Criminal Record Verification / Starting A Baby Boutique / Distributors Of Fast Moving Products Wanted Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.