Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,861 members, 7,806,433 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works (16832 Views)

Made In The USA Carquest SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil For Sale / Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? / Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2019
Eddee:

Omo all way nah way, I fit run mon-wed there, come run Thur to sat for my side, Abi you nor hear say Dem de pay in green back? Nah wa you!
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by Eddee(m): 7:35pm On Sep 02, 2019
GA.ZZ.UZZ:

Omo all way nah way, I fit run mon-wed there, come run Thur to sat for my side, Abi you nor hear say Dem de pay in green back? Nah wa you!

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 8:25pm On Sep 02, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Can I apply? cry

Sure you can apply...
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by sultaan(m): 1:57am On Sep 03, 2019
I see a cat?!
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by autologic: 5:56am On Sep 03, 2019
radautoworks:
WE ARE HIRING!

ONLY techs with VERIFIABLE experience. Email CV to emajek@radautoworks.com.

Happy workplace with pleasant co-workers. Everyone helps everyone else.

If you are not strong in diagnosis please don't waste yours and our time. Pay dependent on experience but quite competitive. No limit on earnings if you can produce.

AC, electrical and/or dealership experience bumps you to the top. WE WILL TEST YOU AT THE INTERVIEW.

If you are an engineer without car repair experience, please that is not what we are looking for at this time.

Thank you!

I can't resist this bolded .ol boy me self go put leg o

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by amywonda: 10:59am On Sep 03, 2019
Do you stock
ruthenium spark plugs
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by amywonda: 11:06am On Sep 03, 2019
Changed gasket of my Infiniti vq35de engine and it went off again on my first cross country Trip, do you reckon I change engines or is it something I should fix again? It's aluminium head and aluminium block
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 9:04pm On Sep 03, 2019
amywonda:
Do you stock
ruthenium spark plugs
For what car?
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2019
amywonda:
Changed gasket of my Infiniti vq35de engine and it went off again on my first cross country Trip, do you reckon I change engines or is it something I should fix again? It's aluminium head and aluminium block

What was wrong in the first place? A lot of times here they don't get the right seals.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by amywonda: 10:11am On Sep 04, 2019
radautoworks:

What was wrong in the first place? A lot of times here they don't get the right seals.
over heated and bent crank shaft, engine was over hauled ... cylinder head was machined, rings changed, crank as well...all was good within delta state where the work was done until i drove down to Lagos and over heated around ijebu ... waited for it to cool added water and drive to lagos, hiever after that intermittent over heating when i drive hard until now it overt heats every time... checks the oil and is mixed with water.. gasket gone again
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 10:56am On Sep 04, 2019
amywonda:
over heated and bent crank shaft, engine was over hauled ... cylinder head was machined, rings changed, crank as well...all was good within delta state where the work was done until i drove down to Lagos and over heated around ijebu ... waited for it to cool added water and drive to lagos, hiever after that intermittent over heating when i drive hard until now it overt heats every time... checks the oil and is mixed with water.. gasket gone again

Without looking at it a lot of things could have caused this. Machine shop error (we noticed lately a shop we work with had not been doing valves right so we started doing them ourselves), could have been the wrong head gasket, could have been mechanic error. Based on what you told me we wouldn't recommend a rebuild. Too many things could be wrong. Looks like a new motor in your future embarassed

I'm sorry. Might be different if we see it but based on this information alone...

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 11:52pm On Sep 21, 2019
Met an engine we took a hard pass on. Felt bad for customer. Borrowed vehicle from friend for a week and just his luck valve broke in engine! Taking it apart, it was obvious it wasn't his fault so advised him not to take it upon himself to repair it and try to get owner to bear some, if not all of the cost. There second and third pictures were after the tech had already removed some sludge trying to see.

If you're curious, it was a Ford edge... The 6th one this week...

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by sultaan(m): 5:30am On Sep 22, 2019
Owner was not using the right oil and not changing at right interval

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by 9icetoo(m): 9:47am On Sep 22, 2019
radautoworks:
Met an engine we took a hard pass on. Felt bad for customer. Borrowed vehicle from friend for a week and just his luck valve broke in engine! Taking it apart it was obvious it wasn't his fault so advised him not to take it upon himself to repair it and try to get owner to bear some, if not all of the cost. There second and third pictures were after the tech had already removed some sludge trying to see.

20w50 on the beat. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 9:50am On Sep 22, 2019
sultaan:

Forgot to take a picture of the broken valve. It didn't just bend, it snapped clean in two and locked up the engine. A 3 hour tear down took 11!
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 9:51am On Sep 22, 2019
On another note, can anyone tell me why they seem to have sworn for us with Ford edge and range Rover??
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 11:12am On Sep 22, 2019
radautoworks:
Met an engine we took a hard pass on. Felt bad for customer. Borrowed vehicle from friend for a week and just his luck valve broke in engine! Taking it apart it was obvious it wasn't his fault so advised him not to take it upon himself to repair it and try to get owner to bear some, if not all of the cost. There second and third pictures were after the tech had already removed some sludge trying to see.

Funny enough a customer was debating on ford edge 08 to 11. She stated that she likes the shape of the edge and I should look for one for her ... she came two weeks later saying she does not want the edge anymore ,that it is Honda CRV ... I said why now , she said she was told by people that ford edge dey give problems ..And she does not want car that gives problem... I said to her people that are saying that are the ones that can't maintain cars.. I said to her American cars are pretty rugged and strong cars. But only issue is that they are not attractive looking and are GAS GUZZLERS ...But over all they are rugged for Nigeria road ... I plain to buy one for personal use ,am thinking either ford edge or xc90 ....
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 11:13am On Sep 22, 2019
sultaan:

The famous Nigerian oil 20w50 grin
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by seunoj: 11:16am On Sep 22, 2019
dru23:

The famous Nigerian oil 20w50 grin
Some cars can't with that abuse.

Only brand that can is Toyota. The engines are rugged. This is not to say 20w 50 is good. This sludge is small to damage corrola
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 11:22am On Sep 22, 2019
seunoj:

Some cars can't with that abuse.

Only brand that can is Toyota. The engines are rugged

It's a only a matter of laugh now, cry later
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 11:23am On Sep 22, 2019
dru23:

Funny enough a customer was debating on ford edge 08 to 11. She stated that she likes the shape of the edge and I should look for one for her ... she came two weeks later saying she does not want the edge anymore ,that it is Honda CRV ... I said why now , she said she was told by people that ford edge dey give problems ..And she does not want car that gives problem... I said to her people that are saying that are the ones that can't maintain cars.. I said to her American cars are pretty rugged and strong cars. But only issue is that they are not attractive looking and are GAS GUZZLERS ...But over all they are rugged for Nigeria road ... I plain to buy one for personal use ,am thinking either ford edge or xc90 ....

Volvo by a mile
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dicksonadams(m): 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2019
dru23:

It's a only a matter of laugh now, cry later

True
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by 9icetoo(m): 1:28pm On Sep 22, 2019
radautoworks:
On another note, can anyone tell me why they seem to have sworn for us with Ford edge and range Rover??
You are getting what no other mechanism will touch. A quote of 6 hour work on a Range Rover will surprisingly turn to 18 hours by the time you start undoing the damage already inflicted on it. Same with ford.
And as soon as you fix one, they tell the others that there is one shop like in Kelli that can take their sorrows away. grin
Then boom, they start pouring in. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2019
9icetoo:

You are getting what no other mechanism will touch. A quote of 6 hour work on a Range Rover will surprisingly turn to 18 hours by the time you start undoing the damage already inflicted on it. Same with ford.
And as soon as you fix one, they tell the others that there is one shop like in Kelli that can take their sorrows away. grin
Then boom, they start pouring in. Keep up the good work.

Okay. Passes the smell test. One edge was towed in that hasn't started in months. Got to our shop, saw it's cousins, decided it's problems were not as serious and started on its own grin

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by isyomar(f): 3:11pm On Sep 27, 2019
Good day Sir, I just got a Toyota Corolla 07 and would like to change the brake pads? how much would this cost? and also the bow joints of the right leg?
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 1:00am On Sep 29, 2019
Cheezus! Just when I thought I had seen everything... NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE!!

As soon as I saw this, I ran to call the owner and the two of us just started laughing because it was better than crying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKzGD2T8Dl4
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 1:27am On Sep 29, 2019
This thread is not just for third party. When we goof up royally, I share that too.

I had to admit defeat with a Land Rover this week. Glen wasn't around and I had to make a judgement call. The Rover had an air strut that wouldn't rise. After giving up, the customer had his usual tech who was previously out of town look at it. Turns out SOMEONE had broken a height sensor and covered it up. That SOMEONE was terminated today and customer's labor refunded.

The customer was actually very understanding about it and gave me some advice about managing the "Naija factor". He also revealed that one of my techs was soliciting customers including himself in my absence. That tech is already gone though. Advice I've really taken to heart and haven't stopped thinking about since. I thank that customer. I am also going to file this in the "nicest thing a customer has done for you"thread.

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by sultaan(m): 3:15am On Sep 29, 2019
A local bump stop
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 8:22am On Sep 29, 2019
sultaan:
A local bump stop

Crazy
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by oweniwe(m): 11:31pm On Oct 01, 2019
radautoworks:
Cheezus! Just when I thought I had seen everything... NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE!!

As soon as I saw this, I ran to call the owner and the two of us just started laughing because it was better than crying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKzGD2T8Dl4

You are surprised? I'm not.

Borrowed one ride from an uncle... Its legs were behaving funny on the road... Drove it to mechanic shop to check what was amis...

The brake pads had worn out... Rather than replace them, uncle used folded carton to provide better "cushion" for the worn brake pads against the wheels.

He was mechanic apprentice before so he obviously did it himself
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 12:15pm On Oct 02, 2019
oweniwe:

You are surprised? I'm not.

Borrowed one ride from an uncle... Its legs were behaving funny on the road... Drove it to mechanic shop to check what was amis...

The brake pads had worn out... Rather than replace them, uncle used folded carton to provide better "cushion" for the worn brake pads against the wheels.

He was mechanic apprentice before so he obviously did it himself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dump Truck Urgently Need For Lease Contract @ 800k Per Month / My 2004 Infiniti Fx35 Technology Pre-ordered From Inspired Autos HAS ARRIVED / 014 E350 4matic Benz Toks. 06 Pimped To 014 G500 Benz. 012 Range Evouge Toks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.