Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,437 members, 7,801,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart (16958 Views)

Nigeria Witnessed Worst Corruption Under Buhari – Kukah / Opinion: Run Away DJ Better Than Stealing N100m.... / SERAP Tells Buhari To End Six Years Of Disregard For Rule Of Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by BeautifulMind2: 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2018
The United States ambassador to Nigeria, William Stuart Symington, has described disregard for justice and rule of law as ‘more damning a corruption than stealing of public funds’.

The US envoy stated this when he responded to a question from the members of the audience after he delivered the convocation Lecture of the University of Ilorin, on Monday.

He had delivered a lecture entitled “Citizen Leadership and the Link between Economic Diversity and Democratic Good Governance” where he said the task of making Nigeria is that of both the government and the citizenry.

While responding to a question from a member of the audience on how the country could develop as the United States, Symington highlighted patriotism, selfless and transparent service, justice, and consistency in doing good as important factors and suggested that disregard of justice and the rule of law should be seen as greater form of corruption than stealing of money.

According to the envoy, “What many consider as the great corruption is stealing of money but what to me is the great corruption is when people are deprived justice, when you do things without regard to the rule of law.”

Speaking on the lecture, the US envoy said the process of making Nigeria great requires a collective effort of all the stakeholders with the citizens working with the government instead of only relying on government for an improved fortune.

Amb. Symington who expressed believe in future greatness of Nigeria urged the citizens to always do at home as he said they do in abroad which, he explained, is giving priority to their Nigerian identity as against tribal or regional one.

He said that any young one who desires to contribute in future to transformation of the country to a better one should start the process now by endeavour to change life of his partner to a better where necessary.

The Ambassador said security and other challenges in the country would be surmounted when the citizens unite and work together.

He continued, “One of the most important things that I want you to leave today with is the idea that good governance can only come from Strong independent citizens.

“So, I think the right answer is there is no person who can make Nigeria more secure.

“There was that time in Nigeria when security was not the job of only the soldier and the police, but every village chief and every person who lived in the town were involved.

“There is no police force in the whole world that keep the neighbour hood safe all by itself. If you have such a police force, I would not want to live in that neighbour hood. Every security in the world derives from the support of the people in the place that is insecure.

“If you will have the tenacity to change Nigeria, look around you right now and change the life of one person today.

http://sunnewsonline.com/disregard-for-rule-of-law-worst-corruption-than-stealing-of-public-funds-us-envoy/

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by Smily202(m): 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2018
Na wetin Daura man wan turn Nigeria to lawless country. cool

228 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by Lajet: 6:45pm On Oct 22, 2018
I doubt if Apc and Buhari will agree with you. I pity those encouraging Igbos to boycott 2019 election if buhari win next year election. Hell will be better than Nigeria.No sensible person living in Nigeria will encourage anybody to boycott 2019 election

190 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by Hundreddegrees(m): 6:47pm On Oct 22, 2018
I have never seen a government that disregard the rule of law like these bigots we have in power..

Even if Apc release an album on how Atiku looted the whole world.. Come 2019 i must OBIdiently ATIKULate

Meanwhile I'm expecting Ganduje's solo album from them too undecided undecided

172 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 22, 2018
In summary, you mean Buhari is worse than corruption?

153 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by Racoon(m): 6:48pm On Oct 22, 2018
"The United States ambassador to Nigeria, William Stuart Symington, has described disregard for justice and rule of law as ‘more damning a corruption than stealing of public funds’..."

"Laws become fragile under the influence of dictators".-Wayne Gerard Trotman

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by Maxymilliano(m): 6:50pm On Oct 22, 2018
Disregard for rule of law reign supreme in the present administration, in fact, the Buhari led government is synonymous with disregards for court orders ...

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by Racoon(m): 6:50pm On Oct 22, 2018
The All Progressives Congress (APC) and its presidency has murdered democracy; adopted rule of the thumb, aborted her own electoral promises, dramatizes unremitting failure, as much as introduced primitive nepotism and archaic bigotry.

Shockingly, how President Buhari and his minders railroaded themselves into that unforgivable tragic outing remains a study for political scientists — after the near revolutionary momentum that ushered to power in 2015.

President Buhari and the APC are the regrettable examples of how not to lead or mislead multiethnic nation as Nigeria.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/16/buhariapc-your-problems-are-nepotism-and-aborted-change-not-order-06-erasmus-ikhide

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by buhariguy(m): 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2018
The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist were thinking that the envoy were ditching the best president that follows rule of law and democrat,
Buhari is against criminals for the masses sake

1 Like 9 Shares

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by BabaRamota1980: 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2018
RedeemNigeria:
In summary, you mean Buhari is worse than corruption?

He is actually hitting at your man Atiku.

If you doubt me ask Atiku to invite US Consulate to the convocation ceremony of his American University in Yola....lets see if they will honor it. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by MeanChris(m): 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

If you doubt me ask Atiku to invite US Consulate to the convocation ceremony of his American University in Yola....lets see if they will honor it. grin

If somebody call you Zombie now, you'll say you were insulted. Do you have comprehension problem

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by mycar: 7:13pm On Oct 22, 2018
Words on marble.

What many consider as the great corruption is stealing of money but what to me is the great corruption is when people are deprived justice, when you do things without regard to the rule of law.”

31 Likes

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by DoyenExchange: 7:16pm On Oct 22, 2018
On point!

7 Likes

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by Karlovich: 7:17pm On Oct 22, 2018
Buhari is a senseless dullardd who condones corruption in the zoo, evil jihadist

20 Likes

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2018
kiss
Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by saaron(m): 7:26pm On Oct 22, 2018
When you think of Impunity, Disregard for Rule of Law, and Abuse of power, think Buhari's regime.

31 Likes

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2018
BeautifulMind2:
The United States ambassador to Nigeria, William Stuart Symington, has described disregard for justice and rule of law as ‘more damning a corruption than stealing of public funds’.
The US envoy stated this when he responded to a question from the members of the audience after he delivered the convocation Lecture of the University of Ilorin, on Monday.He had delivered a lecture entitled “Citizen Leadership and the Link between Economic Diversity and Democratic Good Governance” where he said the task of making Nigeria is that of both the government and the citizenry.
While responding to a question from a member of the audience on how the country could develop as the United States, Symington highlighted patriotism, selfless and transparent service, justice, and consistency in doing good as important factors and suggested that disregard of justice and the rule of law should be seen as greater form of corruption than stealing of money.
According to the envoy, “What many consider as the great corruption is stealing of money but what to me is the great corruption is when people are deprived justice, when you do things without regard to the rule of law.”
Speaking on the lecture, the US envoy said the process of making Nigeria great requires a collective effort of all the stakeholders with the citizens working with the government instead of only relying on government for an improved fortune.
Amb. Symington who expressed believe in future greatness of Nigeria urged the citizens to always do at home as he said they do in abroad which, he explained, is giving priority to their Nigerian identity as against tribal or regional one.
He said that any young one who desires to contribute in future to transformation of the country to a better one should start the process now by endeavour to change life of his partner to a better where necessary.
The Ambassador said security and other challenges in the country would be surmounted when the citizens unite and work together.
He continued, “One of the most important things that I want you to leave today with is the idea that good governance can only come from Strong independent citizens.
“So, I think the right answer is there is no person who can make Nigeria more secure.
“There was that time in Nigeria when security was not the job of only the soldier and the police, but every village chief and every person who lived in the town were involved.
“There is no police force in the whole world that keep the neighbour hood safe all by itself. If you have such a police force, I would not want to live in that neighbour hood. Every security in the world derives from the support of the people in the place that is insecure.
“If you will have the tenacity to change Nigeria, look around you right now and change the life of one person today.
http://sunnewsonline.com/disregard-for-rule-of-law-worst-corruption-than-stealing-of-public-funds-us-envoy/
USA is now Atikulating grin

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by magoo10(m): 7:41pm On Oct 22, 2018
Buhari is wallowing in corruption while deceiving the public that he is fighting corruption.

23 Likes

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by mankan2k7(m): 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2018
I hope d dullard is hearing this.

It would have been d best if we can have a carton demonstration of this for a vivid assimilation by dulapo

10 Likes

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by Joevics(m): 8:19pm On Oct 22, 2018
Lete park here

1 Like

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by Omeokachie: 8:32pm On Oct 22, 2018
America, this table you guys are shaking has a lifeless despotic hypocrite on it o. cheesy

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by daddytime(m): 7:00am On Oct 23, 2018
And you guys all concurring now once laughed at gej for saying almost the same thing. The only difference was his incoherence and lack of proper articulation. Lol

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by fergie001: 7:03am On Oct 23, 2018
US have said it all......I have nothing to add ...

5 Likes

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by IamAtikulate: 7:26am On Oct 23, 2018
Trump this table you are shaking has a lifeless man and his zombies on top.

No be today US started to Atikulate. By the way they already told us they are planning a peaceful transition in Nigeria and that press release is still on the website of the US Department of State.

14 Likes

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by KEVIND: 7:27am On Oct 23, 2018
The APC apologist and autocratic Nairaland Mod in Politics section delete my submission because I tried to inquire why this topic is not on the Front Page.

6 Likes

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by Horus(m): 8:19am On Oct 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbNY082d98U

Rule of law in Nigeria

Rule of law is the complete opposite of anarchy, dictatorship and oligarchy

6 Likes

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by KEVIND: 8:24am On Oct 23, 2018
The Nairaland mods should send this news to Front Page?

7 Likes

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by SarkinYarki: 8:26am On Oct 23, 2018
The US just said point blank that Buhari is more corrupt than Atiku ...Buhari see your life

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by julietm123: 8:32am On Oct 23, 2018
Lajet:
I doubt if Apc and Buhari will agree with you. I pity those encouraging Igbos to boycott 2019 election if buhari win next year election. Hell will be better than Nigeria.No sensible person living in Nigeria will encourage anybody to boycott 2019 election
Nobody is encouraging igbos to boycot elections.We are voting.

7 Likes

Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by Islie: 9:02am On Oct 23, 2018
cc lalasticlala mynd44

FP please
Re: Disregard For Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds– Stuart by gadogado(m): 10:46am On Oct 23, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

These pics are of the former and current US ambassadors, Ambassador Entwistle and Ambassador Symington at AUN events. You have dead maggots for a brain.

46 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Departs For APC Presidential Rallies In Oyo & Osun States. / List Of Eligible Voters In The 6 Geopolitical Zones / May 29: Governors, Senators Gang Up Against Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.