Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

90's Rap SongsThat Would Trend The Internet If They Were Released Today - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 90's Rap SongsThat Would Trend The Internet If They Were Released Today (594 Views)

Lets Help Trend The Most Generous,humble,and The Most Talented Human Ever Liveth / 5 Hip Hop Incidents That Would Trend The Internet If They Happened Today! / Download “EBUBEDIKE” By David Gift. Released Today 3rd Oct Being His Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

90's Rap SongsThat Would Trend The Internet If They Were Released Today by DoubleSixMUZIK(m): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2018
90's Rap SongsThat Would Trend The Internet If They Were Released Today

- By Amechi "Double Six" Okoli

Hello guys. Lots of 80's babies grew up on 90's hip hop. MCs like The Notorious B.IG, Tupac, Jay-Z, Big Pun, The Wu Tang Clan etc made lots and lots of controversial & hard to ignore tracks that we will always remember.
Back in the day there was no social media presence, no Twitter, no Instagram, no Facebook and the likes. I can't help but wonder, how the internet would've been set on fire had some of those classic hip hop tracks been released today, where social media is the sh*t right now. Imagine the arguments, the debates & the outrage it would've sparked! Damm!

With that being said, I came up with my top five 90's hip hop tracks that would've shattered the internet if they were released today.

5. 50 Cent - How To Rob

Curtis Jackson a.k.a 50 Cent was an unknown rapper back then, he was gradually building up his buzz in New York and caught the attention of the hip hop community when he released his 1998 classic "How To Rob"
On the song, he talks about how he was a hungry rapper, ready to rob and steal from other A-List rappers if that was what it took for him to succeed. He wasn't scared, he called names on the track, am talking big names like Jay-Z, P Diddy, Mase, DMX, Master P, Big Pun etc.
It would've surely been a trending topic on the internet.

4. Ice Cube - No Vaseline

A scathing diss track that set the standards for other diss tracks no doubt. Ice Cube lets all hell loose on the members of his former superstar group NWA. Considering the circumstances surrounding his split from the group, internet users would've surely taken sides and the arguments would've been endless.

3. Akinyele - F*ck Me For Free

The buzz this song would've generated online would've been super massive cos of it's strong sexual content and of course, the title itself. E sure me say e for trend scatter for Naija, runs girls no wan hear that one! I can't help but wonder what the ladies, the feminists & the anti-feminists on Twitter & Facebook would've had to say about this.

2. Notorious B.I.G (R.I.P) - Who Shot Ya?

We can't talk about 90's hip hop and it's controversies without mentioning the late great Biggie!
We all know the story of how Tupac got shot & killed during the period of his highly publicized fued with the Bad Boy rapper, so imagine how the fans would've felt when they heard that song, allegedly asking your main rival who shot him?
The track was almost like a taunt, like adding salt to a wound. No doubt it would've sparked great debates on wether or not Biggie/Puff Daddy had a hand in Pac's slaying. What y'all think?

1. Tupac Shakur (R.I.P) - Hit Em' Up

In the heat of the greatest, most publicized hip hop beef ever, this is unarguably the most popular diss track of all time, and I say this without a f*ckin doubt.
Pac's claim that he f*ucked Biggie's wife(Faith Evans) was boldly laid on the track, was this true or false? The social media populace would have had a field day expressing their thoughts. It would've been like an election online! Biggie fans vs Tupac fans for sure!

Now these are my top five 90's hip hop tracks that I believe would've kept the internet lit had they been released in the modern day.

Feel free to contribute!

Follow me on Instagram @doublesixbeats
Re: 90's Rap SongsThat Would Trend The Internet If They Were Released Today by chido20(m): 8:21pm On Oct 22, 2018
they are many hip pop songs better thans is..songs lyk. illmatic- nas cream- wutang clan ny state of mind- nas shook ones- mobb depp juicy-B.I.G
nuttin but a g thand- dre
regulate- warren G ft nate dogg paparazzi- xzibt

the list is endless cuz am a fan of the 80s and 90s hip pop
Re: 90's Rap SongsThat Would Trend The Internet If They Were Released Today by DoubleSixMUZIK(m): 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2018
chido20:
they are many hip pop songs better thans is..songs lyk.
illmatic- nas
cream- wutang clan
ny state of mind- nas
shook ones- mobb depp
juicy-B.I.G

nuttin but a g thand- dre

regulate- warren G ft nate dogg
paparazzi- xzibt

the list is endless cuz am a fan of the 80s and 90s hip pop

Pls understand the post. It's not about which songs are better than which, it's about songs that have the potential to trend on the internet. Am talking about songs that could've sparked social media debates, just like the way the Eminem vs MGK thing did. Killshot vs Rap Devil. Like I said before, try and understand the post. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 90's Rap SongsThat Would Trend The Internet If They Were Released Today by SignatureNG(f): 6:39am On Oct 23, 2018
2pac Biggie would have shut the internet down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpAUhw6q2k4
Re: 90's Rap SongsThat Would Trend The Internet If They Were Released Today by chido20(m): 7:15am On Oct 23, 2018
DoubleSixMUZIK:

Pls understand the post. It's not about which songs are better than which, it's about songs that have the potential to trend on the internet. Am talking about songs that could've sparked social media debates, just like the way the Eminem vs MGK thing did. Killshot vs Rap Devil. Like I said before, try and understand the post. Thanks.
ok i get.. controversial songs...

2 Likes

Re: 90's Rap SongsThat Would Trend The Internet If They Were Released Today by DoubleSixMUZIK(m): 11:17am On Oct 23, 2018
chido20:
ok i get.. controversial songs...

Yeah bro
Re: 90's Rap SongsThat Would Trend The Internet If They Were Released Today by Ayomideen(m): 7:56pm On Oct 23, 2018
Hit em Up
My Fav diss track of all time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 90's Rap SongsThat Would Trend The Internet If They Were Released Today by DoubleSixMUZIK(m): 5:41am On Oct 25, 2018
Ayomideen:
Hit em Up
My Fav diss track of all time

Yeah, and probably the most popular

1 Like

Re: 90's Rap SongsThat Would Trend The Internet If They Were Released Today by DoubleSixMUZIK(m): 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2018
Follow @doublesixbeats

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ayodeji Souls – Living God / Ruffcoin – Eriwa 2.2 (the Return Of Nwaba) / Watch Wizkid's Made In Lagos Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.