Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) (1635 Views)

Debt Management Office To Sack Staff Who Leaked Official Documents / Help I Am In Debt!!!! / Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Duckmannn: 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2018
Hello nairalanders

I need your candid advice on what I can do, I lost my job about 3 years back, while working I had a business of distributing milk which I was doing with my job, so when I lost my job I just took the milk business serious then started living on it, but all of a sudden all my capital was lost everything all went down the drain, so this forced me to acquire a loan from a microfinance bank, things went on like that till present, presently am now owing seven microfinance banks and several individuals which the total sum of the debt has now summed up to over five million naira, which I don't even now am going to pay up the debts.
I have two children which I cater for pay there school fees and feed them, feeding in the house has now become a problem, i hardly go out because whenever i go out am going to meet somebody i owe who is going to embarass me, I got married to a very irresponsible husband who doesn't care about his family.
Please I need your candid advice to get myself out of diz mess am into presently and possible business I can do that can fetch me huge profit, I have a mercedez Benz jeep I can sell off to start life all over again.

Please matured comments only, thanks in anticipation of positive comments
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Olohunjedalo(m): 10:14pm On Oct 22, 2018
Duckmannn. Your story is not complete...
1. You said you’re married to an irresponsible husband that doesn’t care about family .
My question is . Are you divorced or separated ? Cos I believe he should at least feed his kids even if he is unable to pay school fees due to one reasons or the other. I am not blaming or castigating you ... but I hope you’re really who you claim to be and you’re not trying to paint yourself an angel and him, a devil .

Then , to the main issue .
Only you knows what ate all your capital .
But I will try to analyse my points ...
1. If the reason for the disappearance of your capital is because you’re always at loss . Then you should stop that business ASAP . And try to seek employment. Then you can look into other businesses you can do as a side employment . Do not go fully into it at first ... you know better .
2. If the thing that ate all of your capital is not the first reason I stated up there and if it’s because you’re spending on your kids . Feeding , school and other fees. Then I will advise you to stop it now . I know it will be hard for you to stop but you need to stop bearing all the expenses on them and let their dad do whatever he can afford . Most importantly,Let him put them in a school he can afford .
Then, if you eventually sell off your car to pay off the debts . Which I think is your only way out now . Try to look into investing in securities...
Federal Government of Nigeria Bonds , Savings bonds , Treasury Bills , or even Mutual funds ... before you begin to start looking into other business opportunities or probably before you continue your milk business.
Business is not easy . Especially if it’s buying and selling. I started a new business of buying and selling sometime ago and I had to quit it less than a year after setup because I see “bankruptcy” coming ... people are wicked . They will wreck your business .
I’m still hoping to try other businesses in the future though.
I know for sure I’ll never understand what exactly you’re going through at the moment but I hope you find something helpful in my post
Have a good one

2 Likes

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by ABSTRUSE: 10:44pm On Oct 22, 2018
I should give you advice on how to pay debt of over 5 million naira.
Aunty, did we spend the money together or did you spend a dime on me?
Biko sell ur benz....
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by KKLord3(m): 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2018
It is a pity you find your self in debt.

You have to find a way out of the problem,
(1)I will advice you start applying for job and i pray God help you get one earlier.
(2)Adjust what you spend your money on. No unneccessary party cloth(Aso Ebi),possible change you children school to what is minimal and the fee can be easily sourced. Reaccess your accomodation cost,if to high,move to a lesser expensive one.
(3)List your debtors and amount owed.Call for a meeting with them and let them know your situation. Promise to pay bit by bit as you get better financially.
(4)Dispose your car and make a plan on what you do with the proceed. If you keep the car,one of your debtors may come for it in exchange for his/her money. It is not adviceable to countinue keeping.
(5) Then stop running form your debtor. Embarrasmment is normal in life when you dont have money.
(6) Plan a supply business taht will not allow you spend on shop/kiosk or driving aroung town. You can start a food item supply business.
(7) Put pride apart and try settle with your spouse. Stop calling him bad name. This shows your have being treating him badly from your tone and choice of word.
(coolLastly,dont fall into wrong hand from your looking for business with "big profit". You may end up loosing everything.
(9) Be wise and tell your self the truth. No condition is permanent

2 Likes

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Haryoureendey4(m): 5:47pm On Oct 23, 2018
So sad sad I will advise u to sell your car and seek for little funds to it and travel out with your 2kids and start a new life....
After getting a job in the country u travel to, pay your debt one after the other by letting those pple u are owing to know u don't run with their money but traveled out to get their money for them, I know this won't be an easy task but give a try and requote me with your testimony in future wink smiley

1 Like

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Ugosample(m): 11:07pm On Oct 23, 2018
ABSTRUSE:
Biko sell ur benz....

if you don't have some thing sensible to say, carrj your frustrated hungry empty brained worthless self out of here

All these useless goats roaming Nairaland sef undecided

4 Likes

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by psychologist(m): 11:25pm On Oct 23, 2018
ABSTRUSE:
Biko sell ur benz....

Like the impressive response I was getting on this thread, I was thinking I was on quora until I came across this, then I realized oh its nairaland, you will always come across dudes like this
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Heazylyfer(m): 11:56pm On Oct 23, 2018
ARE YOU TIRED OF BEING BROKE?
NO CERTIFICATE FOR WORKING?
ARE YOU A WORKER LOOKING FOR ANOTHER SOURCE OF INCOME?
ARE YOU A HOUSEWIFE LOOKING FOR A BUSINESS YOU CAN DO WITHOUT LEAVING THE HOUSE?
DO YOU WANT TO LEARN HOW TO IMPORT GOODS FROM CHINA?

A LUCRATIVE BUSINESS IS HERE, A BUSINESS YOU CAN DO WITH EASE, A BUSINESS THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE A CERTIFICATE.

MINI IMPORTATION is a business for those who want to be financially free and those who want a constant cash flow. How would you feel when you are told the shirt you bought for 5,000 is actually 1,800(plus shipping rate)?
With this business, you are capable of making 300,000 naira per month.

IT IS YOUR TIME TO BE INVOLVED IN THIS LUCRATIVE BUSINESS.

Learn how to be a mini importer with just a little amount of money is never too expensive.

FEE: #2,000... 50% DISCOUNT FOR THE FIRST 20 (#1,000)

THIS MIGHT BE YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE YOURSELF A BETTER YEAR ENDING.

WhatsApp: 08135123715

https:///8UHxZ5ge3aRCXDdFbDVI2i
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by pumojazof: 10:03am On Oct 24, 2018
ATTEND THIS PROFESSIONAL DIGITAL MARKETING MASTER-CLASS - NO BOREDOM. NO BLATHERING. NO BULLSHIT. 100% PRACTICAL!

The truth is this social media likes don’t necessarily turn to leads that eventually can turn to sales.

To be the Digital Media Marketer Employers and clients want to hire - you need to understand how to implement the digital media marketing mix - paid and guerilla marketing, social media management, build inbound traffic, content creation for Ads, create designs needed for your Ads campaign and email marketing etc

What you will learn and practice from this All-in-one Powerful Training!

- Actual Best Blogging Practices with SEO (including blogging mistakes and tips)
- SEO (Search Engine Best Practices)
- Practical Understand of Google Adwords and Google Adsense
- Practical Understand of Affiliate Marketing
- Practically learn how to manually GROW your Twitter and Instagram real followers
- Practical training on EMAIL MARKETING – tips and techniques
- GUERILLA MARKETING
- GRAPHICS DESIGN
- PLUS MUCH MORE

TRAINING COMMENCEMENT DATE: Tues, 13th of November, 2018. TIME: 10AM – 2PM DAILY

TRAINING COST: N24,999 (PAYMENT BEFORE TRAINING) – 20% Discounts for Early birds
N29,999 (PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY)

VENUE: Unity Road, Off Toyin Street, off Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos

REQUIREMENTS: Just your laptop and writing pad – UNLIMITED INTERNET WIFI AVAILABLE!

REFRESHMENT: Daily LUNCH every day of the training for FREE!

OUR COMMITTED AND FIRM GUARANTEE: At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to implement aforementioned tactics to grow your business/upgrade your career.
We even offer the first training day for FREE to those doubting Thomases to come and taste the awesome practical DMM training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N29,999(NO DISCOUNT!)

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Ugosample(m): 9:18pm On Oct 24, 2018
psychologist:

Like the impressive response I was getting on this thread, I was thinking I was on quora until I came across this, then I realized oh its nairaland, you will always come across dudes like this

trye that

dumb folks everywhere on nl
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Steppingup4lyf: 11:19pm On Oct 24, 2018
Duckmannn:
Hello nairalanders

I need your candid advice on what I can do, I lost my job about 3 years back, while working I had a business of distributing milk which I was doing with my job, so when I lost my job I just took the milk business serious then started living on it, but all of a sudden all my capital was lost everything all went down the drain, so this forced me to acquire a loan from a microfinance bank, things went on like that till present, presently am now owing seven microfinance banks and several individuals which the total sum of the debt has now summed up to over five million naira, which I don't even now am going to pay up the debts.
I have two children which I cater for pay there school fees and feed them, feeding in the house has now become a problem, i hardly go out because whenever i go out am going to meet somebody i owe who is going to embarass me, I got married to a very irresponsible husband who doesn't care about his family.
Please I need your candid advice to get myself out of diz mess am into presently and possible business I can do that can fetch me huge profit, I have a mercedez Benz jeep I can sell off to start life all over again.

Please matured comments only, thanks in anticipation of positive comments
its not that easy.i feel your pain. Whats your location. Send me an email. Lets talk about viable options. It is not over until you give up on life.you truly can rise above the situation. I dont judge because life is a school.just always remain positive. When are you due to pay the banks

2 Likes

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by LordHiffy(m): 11:32am On Jun 19, 2022
Were you ever able to pay this debt cos I'm interested in getting advice for someone too

2 Likes

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by mythoughtsonthe: 5:39am On Aug 27, 2022
Good morning, ma. I'm curious to know how you're doing these days. Were you finally able to come out of debt? I ask because I am in a similar position myself and I could really use your advice. Thanks.
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 27, 2022
This thread is almost 4 years old. The owner was last here December 2018 don't expect a good answer from her. The two of you should rub minds together on your matter

LordHiffy:
Were you ever able to pay this debt cos I'm interested in getting advice for someone too

mythoughtsonthe:
Good morning, ma. I'm curious to know how you're doing these days. Were you finally able to come out of debt? I ask because I am in a similar position myself and I could really use your advice. Thanks.
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Oyindamolah: 11:37am On Aug 27, 2022
The problem is
Do you have records of the following?
Sales
Purchases &
Expenses
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Oyindamolah: 11:38am On Aug 27, 2022
mythoughtsonthe:
Do you have records of what I stated above, I could help you see where the problem is coming from?

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between CV And Resume- When To Use Them / Can One Who Is On Suspension Quit The Job? / I Started ICAN Exams Out Of Boredom- Jarus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.