Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,191 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (209663 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 3:49pm On May 23, 2007
grin

I just want this thread to continue till when we get our employment letters, so we can sit back, scan through this thread, laugh and praise God for his Faithfulness

cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:14pm On May 23, 2007
grin

Thank you, @aniffy4eva. You wanna know what I think? I think you are simply wonderful. Thanks for all your supprt. God bless you!

cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by mhm(m): 9:02am On May 24, 2007
Kuwena,

The fact that you are still serving should not be a problem, i know 2 guys who were employed in the last NLNG recruitment exercise (2004) and at the time they had not completed their NYSC. some form of arrangement can be worked out. Congrats
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:13pm On May 24, 2007
Thank you, @mhm - it's consoling to know what you just told me. We look forward to it. Regards! smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by loparino: 2:04pm On May 24, 2007
Kuwena and Uleh_J,

I am grateful to God for you guys.

Kuwena, I have been reading thru your posts probably immediately after we wrote the first test. Your dream has finally come to pass. You are a success story and for all comrades still living in the hope of their big dreams and aspirations, you have become an icon of hope turning to faith and then to reality.

I gladly congratulate all of us that made it. May God gladly see us through the next stage or next several stages as the case may be and beyond, of course.

To them that were told were not successful, just hold on; your best is yet to come. At just the right time, what has been promised will come and it shall not tarry. RESURRECTION--THERE IS HOPE!
I repeat the words of Pete Saegger: Our future is bright. We shall overcome, we shall overcome, we shall overcome someday, oh deep in my heart, I do believe we shall overcome someday.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:00pm On May 24, 2007
Thank you, as well for the Negro Spiritual. Indeed, we shall overcome. It is all a question of destiny. I have said this one hundred times. And I usually back my saying with a song by a local musician. 'E don sign am say we go make am; Baba God don sign am say we go do am-o! Na wa destiny, make dem no think am!'

Way to go, bro! smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:23pm On May 27, 2007
;DChai! Nairalanders no like me again-o! I just come online today and wetin I see? I see say the thread wen I start, dem don let de tin reach page three - chei! chei! chei! make una like me and my thread, now - wetin I do una? Abeg Landers.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 4:56pm On May 30, 2007
I visited Naijahotjobs (http://www./index.php?topic=1873.0) today, and read that the NLNG interview may have to do with extempore presentations on topics given 30 minutes beforehand. Who in the house has heard anything of the sort, or more importantly, of when the letters will start coming.

P.S

I also heard it might not even be an interview next, but a third test, involving making sentences out of words. There appears to be divided views on the issue. Has anyone heard anything?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by samakpan: 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2007
Na wa o! NLNG, which way, now? Na only to tell results? Una no go send letters to de people way succeed invite them come stage three? Wen these NLNG people go invite de people wen dem don choose make dem come start work sef - na wa o!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2007
Come-o! This waiting is getting too much. This is the time again to ask: Which way, NLNG? Indeed, which way? We applied for this job in October, 2005; we wrote a first test on the 3rd of March the next year. Then on 27th March, this year, we wrote a second test. It is more than two whole months, and there is no news of the way forward. But I thought people were rumouring that the induction was to be for August this year. Are we sure we can expect it by then? What with all their foot-dragging. Please and please, does anyone know what to say to this question: Which, o which which way, NLNG?! We are dying to hear something - abi, Landers no be so?? angry cry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2007
Its like the management of NLNG are enjoying the suspense they are creating, if not why all this foot dragging.Abeg me i don tire jare. Anyway, what can we do but to just wait till when they are ready for us.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:42pm On Jun 04, 2007
Yes, @eesah, and many Landers are already getting tired. They want to see results, which NLNG apparently is not in a haste to give. angry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by zhia2000(f): 6:46am On Jun 05, 2007
OK

NLNG how long does it take to mark " so called" Objective answer sheets? the first test we were up to 30,000 candidates and the results were released in 3weeks.

Anyhooo, as long as we have passed i guess we can exercise patience. If it will make you feel better i called them and was told the interview is this june. so watch out for your letters please.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jbyno: 12:31pm On Jun 05, 2007
hello landers,
i think d reason 4 the delay is cos of those dat are still serving, cos it would be illegal to employ some1 still servin and they dont want to lose gud brains cos of this NYSC. so just chill, like zhia said, i think the interview would b in mid or late june, so that it all falls in place. wish us all gud luck.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2007
Be all as they may, I think I owe it to @annify4eva and a host of other Landers who were with us from the beginning to keep this thread on. As Annify put it, 'I want this thread to continue till we get our appointment letters.' I want to assure her that as long as Nairaland slash jobs lives, and I as well live, I will continue to keep this thread on first page - afterall, I started it.

You say you called the zhia? And they told you there was to be an interview this June? Is it only one interview we are to expect, or is there something else? What else generally did they tell you? We need to have all the details. Please, fill us in.

I had a dream in which NLNG sent me a letter. I hope it becomes a reality soon enough. I AM STILL WAITING. NLNG HURRY UP.

One love, as always. Bye, and take care of yourselves, dear Landers. wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kizoic: 3:29pm On Jun 06, 2007
congrats to all those who scaled thru the 2nd test.
kuwena, u've really done a gr8 job, i mean, keeping our hope alive via this thread.
so, let me implore all nlng hopefulls in the house to keep posting till we get our offer letters.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2007
Our offer letters, you say. When will that be? sad
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kizoic: 1:06pm On Jun 08, 2007
I wouldnt know when the letters will start rolling in, but i'm very sure in no distant time.
I would have said the interview letters but i'm already seeing that as a walkover; mere formalty.
If you share in my optimism, why don't you just keep this thread on?
shalom!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 3:02pm On Jun 08, 2007
Hi landers, i called a friend who work with NLNG HR department yesterday and he said we should expect our interview letters by the mid of this month and that the interview will commence by the end of the month.So let start getting ready for the next round of the battle, NLNG here we come.One love landers
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 4:48pm On Jun 08, 2007
I thank you, eesah, for your contribution. I was getting really worried. Do you know I spent up to =N=500 today trying to call them? I would call and would get no answer; would call again, and still get no answer. But are you sure this info you just gave is for real, ehn, eesah! I don tire-o! Gaskiya walahi, I don tire! cry cry cry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 5:06pm On Jun 08, 2007
Well kuwena, that what the guy said.He works with the HR dept and was among the guys that invigilate us during the 2nd test in Abuja.Anyway, let just wait and see.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:18pm On Jun 08, 2007
To all NLNG hopefuls like me who are itching to be called for the next stage, have this ecard as an encouragement: http://www.123greetings.com/cgi-bin/newcreate/newpreview.pl

And whenever you doubt what GOD can do, recall all He has done in the past. The God of tomorrow is the same as that of yesterday. Believe. IT IS YOUR DESTINY. smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:27pm On Jun 08, 2007
Sorry. The card won't load. I have tried it myself. Anyway, the message in the card was that every step you take only brings you to your goal. But here is another card - let us see if this one will load.

http://www.123greetings.com/cgi-bin/newcreate/newpreview.pl

Love you all!

smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:28pm On Jun 08, 2007
O boy, this one too did not go. Am I just making a fool of myself? Ehen, Eesah, what is it you were saying - that the guy was among those who invigilated us at Abuja - are you an Engineer?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:33pm On Jun 08, 2007
Okay, one last time. Try this link:

http://www.123greetings.com/view/7BA40608091437441

grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:46pm On Jun 08, 2007
Shebi that one loaded?

Now I ask. When you see this:

Nigeria LNG Limited is jointly owned by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (49%), Shell (25.6%), Total LNG Nigeria Ltd (15%) and Eni (10.4%). It was incorporated as a limited liability company on May 17, 1989, to harness Nigeria's vast natural gas resources and produce Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) for export.

The company has a wholly-owned subsidiary, Bonny Gas Transport (The company has a wholly-owned subsidiary, Bonny Gas Transport (BGT) Limited, which provides shipping services for NLNG.

Bonny Gas Transport
Bonny Gas Transport was set up in 1989, following the incorporation of Nigeria LNG Limited, to take care of the shipping arm of the project. The company was set up in Bermuda with an ordinary equity holding from Nigeria LNG Limited and preferential equity holding from the sponsors, NLNG’s shareholders.

Our Vision
…a global LNG company helping to build a better Nigeria.

Nigeria LNG will be a global LNG company renowned for its operational excellence, cost leadership, high HSE standards and for honesty and integrity. We will be helping to build a better Nigeria by utilising the country's gas resources and helping to put out the flares, thus diversifying the economy and cleaning up the environment.

We will set the standards in community relations and technology transfer to Nigerians and actively promote the sustainable development of Nigerian businesses. We will provide to our shareholders a good return on their investment.

We will provide for our staff an exciting and fulfilling place to work and the opportunity to develop their potential. We will execute and operate our business in Nigeria with an international outlook and mindset.

Does your heart beat; does your mouth water; do your spirits soar?

Think.

Just think.

Then pray.

Just pray.

With God, all things are possible.

wink
I am a living witness.

One love to you all!

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 5:59pm On Jun 08, 2007
@kuwena, yes i read Elect-Elect Engineering.

Thats was a lovely card u posted there.NLNG is a place to be, I prayed we all make it there (Ameen).
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 6:03pm On Jun 08, 2007
Besides, I think I am getting tired of this page 6. I want this tnread to reach page 7. So let me blab and blab and blab. If after this contribution it enters page 7, then my aim is accomplished. If not, maybe I will contribute again and blab, and blab and blab. There are some people who will be irritated by now and be saying, 'This Kuwena must be a crazy person.' Dat one na dem business. It is a free world - besides, we all are a little crazy. But I know there are some people who will be like, 'Kuwena - such a funny boy.' That one too na dem problem. And there will be some people who will be saying, 'We don hear enough. We  know say you pass NLNG second test. But no be only you pass, now. You sure say we go hear word from you again, ehn, Kuwena!' Dat one too na dem problem. I just feel like talking, and talk I must. I will go on blabbing and blabbing and blabbing. In fact maybe I should change my name from Kuwena to Blabmaster. Sincerely, maybe - just maybe. You know, the other day I was walking down the road, and one boy I never knew from Adam just walked up to me and said, 'Excuse me sir,' - he was calling me a sir even though I am just twenty-six years old - 'please, I need a job.' I was horrified. I thought maybe there was a large H R written on my shirt. But then, H R of which company? I turned to the boy and said, 'Me too I am looking for a job.' And he turned to go, but not before saying, 'Sorry to disturb you, but things are really hard for me.' At which I said, 'They are hard for everybody in Nigeria.'

Today, we are talking of employment. There are hundreds out there who even do not know when the next advert for job will be out. The universities keep turning out loads and loads of students each day. Some baked, some half baked and some quarter baked. Some passed exams by the midnight candle; some passed with their buttocks - some passed by sorting their way through. Some got First Class; some got 2 1 and some got 2 2; a few even got third class - all of them are thrown into the labour market after graduation. Some begin their careers right from NYSC; some stay up to ten years after NYSC before getting a job. I know a girl who started her banking career right from when she was a Corper. She is just 28 years and she has gone from corper to ET, then to SET, then to EA; then to SEA, where she is now. She has bought a car, and she is planning herfirst holiday trip to London; yet there are some people at 28 who do not  know what a medical test for job is like. I will talk. I will say the one I know. We live in a tough world. My people, let us not make it any tougher. What will be will be. Let us all be men, and let us allow God to be God.

Have I finished blabbing?

Phew! God save me!

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 6:05pm On Jun 08, 2007
My God - it is still page six!!

Page six go away!
Page six go away!
Page six go away!

Go away!
Go away!
Go away!

Page seven come!
Page seven come!
Page seven come!

Now
NOW
N O W

!
!
!

angry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 6:08pm On Jun 08, 2007
Eesah, you have to help me here. I want to chase page six away, and I want it to happen now. Our NLNG hopefuls will want this - they have mandated me to keep this thread growing till we get our employment letters. So let's sort of chat - so you studied Elect Elect, right? How did you find the test? How did you perform on all the papers? Did you know you would pass?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2007
On a more serious note, I want to recall what somebody said on this thread, or on Uleh-J's thread. He said that it was very likely that NLNG wanted the Induction to coincide with the passing out of camp of the Batch B 2006, an exercise that will take place sometime in August. No one knows the exact date of August, but some are suspecting that it will be sometime in the middle. So, if what Eesah has said can be believed, if they give us the letters inviting us for interview sometime in the middle of June and we take the actualinterview by the end of June, it then means that the results of that interview can be released in the second week of July, and then, by the end of July, the ones successful at the interview will be asked to go for a medical test, the results of which will be scrutinized by the end of July, and then in the beginning of August, they will say, 'Hey presto - here are your employment letters; resume on August 15, which is probably the day after the Passing Out Parade for the 2006 Batch B. All these, of course are speculations.

I think we all should just be patient. There cannot be more than 360 people left in the NLNG race at this stage. We must pray and we must hold up our heads in spite of the doubts. The Bible says in Psalm 125 v 1: 'They that trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion that can never be shaken.' We must believe that God has His hand in this, and that he is taking us, all of us, some place - and that place is good. For He said in His word: 'My thoughts for you are of good and not of evil; to bring you to an expected end.' Let that expected end surely come.

African China said: 'Destiny dey tay, but e no dey change.'

For people like aniffy4eva who want this thread to continue till we get our employment letters, be rest assured that it certainly will. Indeed, as long as there is nairaland.com, it must.

Trust me, the blabmaster.

See you at training school, o jare!

Peace on y'all.

Now let's see if this opens in page seven at last.

wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:04pm On Jun 08, 2007
These in narrow terms are those communities in which the plant is located and the particular settlements along which the feed gas pipelines pass. The plant is located at Finima, Bonny Island while the pipeline traverses over 100 communities in nine Local Governments Areas of Rivers State.
Bonny Kingdom
How to get to Bonny
Bonny Town is only accessible to Port Harcourt/other parts of the State and indeed, the outside world by Air and Water. Water is the most commonly used form of transport. A journey from Port Harcourt to Bonny lasts between fifty and seventy-five minutes depending on the speed of the boat used. Normal take off point from Port Harcourt is the Bonny jetty, off Creek Road, Port Harcourt and take off point from Bonny is the Coal Beach Jetty, off King William Dappa Pepple Road, Bonny. Open outboard commuter boats are available on a regular basis from 0530 to 1900 hours daily. Transport fare to and from the Island ranges between three hundred and five hundred Naira.
Tourist Attractions
Bonny town is the bastion of culture in the Niger Delta. The Maiden outdooring ceremony - Iria/Bibite, which initiates young maidens into womanhood is mandatory for all Bonny women. It accords women the right to tie double traditional wrappers to formal occasions and is always celebrated with pomp and pageantry all year round with the peak periods being around the Easter and Christmas seasons. Bonny Kingdom is also noted for her rich and colourful masquerades that have been the toast of the nation. Famous masquerade groups in Bonny include - Hart House, Ibaniwari, Allison House, Alagbariagha and Iwoama Owogbo groups. Other tourists attractions include the yearly Nwoatam Festival, which is a rallying point of all the people of the Kingdom. It is displayed annually on December 25. There is also the stretch of white sand beaches along Agaga and River Seven beside the Atlantic Ocean.
Commercial activities/major industries
Bonny Kingdom plays host to Shell Petroleum Development Company, Mobil Producing Unlimited, Chevron Nigeria Limited and Nigeria LNG Limited.
Banking
There are currently eight Commercial banks and two Merchant banks as well as two insurance houses operating on the Island. Other cottage industries exist but on a small scale. These include bakeries, block moulding, tile manufacturing as well as gas and welding industries
Accommodation
Bonny Kingdom has many hotels and guest houses.

What of this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.