Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,359 members, 7,780,980 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:47 AM

Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger (29429 Views)

Youths Beat Catholic Priest, Odunze, In Ebonyi For Flogging Councilor's Son / Pastor Obinim Fined By Court For Flogging Young Lovers Over Sex. Photos / Photo Of The Anambra Teacher Killed For Flogging A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by Aghomi83: 9:40am On Oct 23, 2018
The corp member should also be discipline for wrongful doing. Why did she write the name of her colleague. The principal also went too far, but the lady should understand that to hell is human to forgive iis divine.
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by wonder233: 9:40am On Oct 23, 2018
See the irony: you can't even go the extra mile to source for those memes yourself and attach, yet you are castigating other Corp members for not taking responsibility to fight for their colleague
dfrost:

Just exactly what I asked my colleague now. Let's assume no male corp members in the school? The LG nko? The state nko?

We are just breeding toothless bulldogs as boys now. Online warriors, offline cowards. cheesy grin (Someone should attach the lion and dog picture please)

But as for the lady in question, why cheat? angry

I keep saying it, 99% of Nigerians have no morality or integrity whatsoever. (Who has that tufia spitting picture? Please attach)
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by Supreme01: 9:41am On Oct 23, 2018
GeorgeTheCoder:

What sort of upside down reasoning is that ? Do you know the gravity of assault ?

What gravity of assault..why should d gal do that a future leader to say...tomorrow u'll blame the govt.

2 Likes

Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by Godson84: 9:45am On Oct 23, 2018
He is insane
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by crunchyg: 9:54am On Oct 23, 2018
Which kind yeye treatment, who don ever go for treatment before because of flog, na em be say me I for Don do surgery for my nyansh na by now because of the kind flog I received in my secondary school days
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by derbykol(f): 9:54am On Oct 23, 2018
This country sef
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by Supreme01: 9:57am On Oct 23, 2018
ictjobber:

So she deserved to be flogged like a goat?

sorry for the response earlier, i was ash. Let's not conclude we didn't see the gravity of the beatens. who ever poster it did it wth greavances.
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by lollmaolol(m): 9:57am On Oct 23, 2018
donphilopus:
He couldn't have tried that with a male corper from a public university.

I remember the principal of my ppa used to bend down whenever he wants to greet me, i can't imagine him misbehaving, I'll just tell him goodbye. That's all.
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 23, 2018
mailtimi:
The Principal-General of Government Technical College, Abak, Akwa Ibom State, Mr Friday Udoka, has apologized for flogging a serving female corps member in the school, Miss Olaitan Adeola Kolawole.

Tendering his apology at the NYSC state office in Uyo Monday, Udoka said he did not deliberately flog the corps member, noting that he used the cane on her out of anger.

Miss Kolawole was said to have written the name of her friend, Dolapo Victoria in the attendance register of the school on Friday, October 19, 2018 when Dolapo was absent.

The principal who has just three years to retire from service was said to have flogged Kolawole for the “misdeamour” and dragged her outside the classroom in front of the students; an allegation he denied.

“No man is perfect, I have not beaten a corps member before. I am very sorry for using a cane on a corper. Adeola, I am very sorry for what happened.

“When I went back home, I felt bad for beating a woman. It is not true that I dragged the corper out of my office and flogged her before the students. This is a man that behaves like a father, but I don’t know what happened that I behaved rudely with you. Please forgive me.

“The mistake will not repeat itself. Whatever is the cost of your treatment, I will bear the cost,” he said.

Responding, Miss Kolawole said she had no justification not to accept the apology of an elder saying, “For an elder to apologize for his mistake, I forgive him. I accept his apology. My parents wanted to take up the matter, but I will talk to them not to pursue the case as they wanted”.

The Commissioner for Education, Victor Inoka, who was also at the ‘reconciliation meeting’, made a personal donation of N50,000 to Miss Kolawole for her treatment.

SOURCE: https://naijalog.com/akwa-ibom-principal-apologizes-for-flogging-corps-member-says-it-was-out-of-anger/

Sack this useless man, He has been flogging corpers for many years now.
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 23, 2018
hmmm tis strange? why flog a coffer, maybe she didnt yield to his sex advances.
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by DJInfluence: 10:36am On Oct 23, 2018
Wait ohh, she stood and let the principal flogged her? I don´t blame the principal, i blamed a graduate that doesn´t even know her right. Wetin she learn for school?.
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by efighter: 10:41am On Oct 23, 2018
donphilopus:

That will probably lead to a protest by Nigerian Women Society for the totally ban on NYSC Scheme for the beating to comma and later to full-stop of a School Principal by an Aggressive Youth Corp Member.

1 Like

Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 23, 2018
The principal was wrong to treat an adult who is also a graduate and a teacher in the same school that he heads

it's uncalled for, but even at that the corper too was wrong, this shows that corruption will never stop in Nigeria despite what ever means we employ to curb it

if she was not penalized too for her wrong doing just because she was the victim at last doesn't justify the fact that what she actually did was wrong

As for those saying the male corpers in her ppa should have beaten the man up, I don't blame you people it's shows how your brains were packaged to function ineffectively

just because she's is a girl, you beat up an old man who is old enough to be your father

I no blame una, Nigeria is corrupt and nothing can be done to change it, since we still have youths who reasons like this
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by dfrost: 10:53am On Oct 23, 2018
wonder233:
See the irony: you can't even go the extra mile to source for those memes yourself and attach, yet you are castigating other Corp members for not taking responsibility to fight for their colleague

Real irony. cheesy grin

I wish I could but I had to tidy my desk at that moment. Good morning. Are you a male corp member? tongue kiss cheesy wink grin smiley wink cheesy grin tongue
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by biggy26: 10:55am On Oct 23, 2018
donphilopus:
Loool! this guy u wicked o. The principal for no even get liver to vex for the male corper.

1 Like

Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by akigbemaru: 11:11am On Oct 23, 2018
mailtimi:
The Principal-General of Government Technical College, Abak, Akwa Ibom State, Mr Friday Udoka, has apologized for flogging a serving female corps member in the school, Miss Olaitan Adeola Kolawole.

Tendering his apology at the NYSC state office in Uyo Monday, Udoka said he did not deliberately flog the corps member, noting that he used the cane on her out of anger.

Miss Kolawole was said to have written the name of her friend, Dolapo Victoria in the attendance register of the school on Friday, October 19, 2018 when Dolapo was absent.

The principal who has just three years to retire from service was said to have flogged Kolawole for the “misdeamour” and dragged her outside the classroom in front of the students; an allegation he denied.

“No man is perfect, I have not beaten a corps member before. I am very sorry for using a cane on a corper. Adeola, I am very sorry for what happened.

“When I went back home, I felt bad for beating a woman. It is not true that I dragged the corper out of my office and flogged her before the students. This is a man that behaves like a father, but I don’t know what happened that I behaved rudely with you. Please forgive me.

“The mistake will not repeat itself. Whatever is the cost of your treatment, I will bear the cost,” he said.

Responding, Miss Kolawole said she had no justification not to accept the apology of an elder saying, “For an elder to apologize for his mistake, I forgive him. I accept his apology. My parents wanted to take up the matter, but I will talk to them not to pursue the case as they wanted”.

The Commissioner for Education, Victor Inoka, who was also at the ‘reconciliation meeting’, made a personal donation of N50,000 to Miss Kolawole for her treatment.

SOURCE: https://naijalog.com/akwa-ibom-principal-apologizes-for-flogging-corps-member-says-it-was-out-of-anger/
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by claseek(f): 12:06pm On Oct 23, 2018
kunleweb:

You are a f0l, what wrong did the corper do?
the corper registered her friends name in the attendance register when she was absent. The corper did a wrong thing but to me the principal reaction is worse and already overshadowed the corper action.

This is Nigeria where corruption is now seen as a normal thing (the corper offence). But don't get me wrong, the principal's action is worse and totally abhorrent.

1 Like

Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by klashe(m): 12:59pm On Oct 23, 2018
I'm so disappointed with the comments of some people... The principal made his mistake by over reacting. The corper girl should have been dealt with severely... Why should we blame our leaders of corruption when we ourselves are corrupt?
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by klashe(m): 1:01pm On Oct 23, 2018
May God add to wisdom
claseek:
the corper registered her friends name in the attendance register when she was absent. The corper did a wrong thing but to me the principal reaction is worse and already overshadowed the corper action.

This is Nigeria where corruption is now seen as a normal thing (the corper offence). But don't get me wrong, the principal's action is worse and totally abhorrent.

1 Like

Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by bafex: 1:45pm On Oct 23, 2018
how will they flog someone as big of that

Let's Talk About Your Next App Now!

Do you need Mobile Apps for any of the following?

• Real Estate Website/brand
• E-commerce Website
• Conference & seminars
• Hospitality Business
• Website/News site
• App for any industry

From building mobile apps for education to games, we are creatively striving to be the best mobile app development company out of Nigeria...YES WE WILL!

Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by thedondada(m): 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2018
Bigajeff:
Rubbish anger!!! He should pay that girl 200k monthly in addition to her allawee.

I rise, Couuuurt! Order! That is my Judgement.

How much is his own salary.
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by mechanics(m): 1:56pm On Oct 23, 2018
Wow, 50k, am sure some corps members will be praying for their principals to flog them.
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by uuzba(m): 2:11pm On Oct 23, 2018
yeyerolling:
Both were wrong and shud be punished. Sack the man expel d corper grin

The corper must have been behaving like a small child. Or probably was a small child. This gave the principal the power to fall for the flogging temptation
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by uuzba(m): 2:12pm On Oct 23, 2018
bafex:
how will they flog someone as big of that
Big? But probably behaving like a small child.
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by uuzba(m): 2:16pm On Oct 23, 2018
klashe:
I'm so disappointed with the comments of some people... The principal made his mistake by over reacting. The corper girl should have been dealt with severely... Why should we blame our leaders of corruption when we ourselves are corrupt?

When I was in Sec school, the corper teachers we had did not look like the kind of people principals can beat.
When I later became a corper, all of us were of the order of 24-25 yr olds. We were physically intimidating.
Maybe some corpers these days are 18,19years. Small and childish. Hence the flogging.

1 Like

Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by uuzba(m): 2:21pm On Oct 23, 2018
kunleweb:

You are a f0l, what wrong did the corper do?

Did you not read that the corper wrote down the name of her absent friend on the register? That is giving false evidence.
If the friend was involved in Armed robbery or prostitution outside, is that how the legal system will be decieved by attendance sheet that No, she was in school?
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by uuzba(m): 2:24pm On Oct 23, 2018
GeorgeTheCoder:
The lady is stupid.

First she writes the name of her friend in the attendance register showing her immaturity, next she lets a man who assaulted and demeaned her go free.

How can we move forward as a nation when we are too cowardly to pursue our rights and seek justice ? Forgiveness comes after judgement not when the sin is unatoned.

I repeat, the girl is a fool. The commissioner of education ( who has no business in this case, except to implement the decision of a competent court) had just implied that her dignity it's worth only 50,000 naira and the principal has gotten away with battery.

Eh, when you go about falsifying evidence by telling a lie on an attendance sheet, your dignity will be reduced. What do you expect?

She can continue lying and say the money is N50million
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by OCTAVO: 2:30pm On Oct 23, 2018
adonis89:
wat abt d male corpers in d school? they were just watching as she was bin flogged? i dont understand some men. so one of dem no fit blow d principal for eye. him get luck sha say no b me
No mind them.
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by onmyowncj: 2:47pm On Oct 23, 2018
Principal should come and flog me and pay 50,000 ,
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by klashe(m): 6:33pm On Oct 23, 2018
You've made a good point bro
uuzba:

When I was in Sec school, the corper teachers we had did not look like the kind of people principals can beat.
When I later became a corper, all of us were of the order of 24-25 yr olds. We were physically intimidating.
Maybe some corpers these days are 18,19years. Small and childish. Hence the flogging.
Re: Principal Apologizes For Flogging Corps Member, Says It Was Out Of Anger by Ndipe(m): 10:33pm On Oct 17, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man ‘sends Terminator After Ex-lover’ / Househelp Brutalized For Waking Up Late To Take Care Of Her Boss’ Kids / Police Recover Vehicles, Motorcycles Used During Ekiti Deadly Bank Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.