Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? (17485 Views)

Isese Festival True Or False Do They Use Person For The Sacrifice? / Yoruba's; Originated From The East, Is This True. / Dreadlock (dada) Babies - Is This True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by Albato(m): 7:33pm On Jul 16, 2010
I just saw a picture of people parading hyenas about on the internet. Is it true debt collection agencies use this to get back money from debtors in Nigeria? Seriously, my friend here who got the pictures sent to him says its true. Its really a big joke here now. Someone clarify this please.
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 16, 2010
the pic of the African with Hyena is not even sure that it comes from 9ja. . . . . . . . . . and how is having a hyena is going to help collect debts?! are they so uncivilized that they now send savage hyenas/baboons on people in 9ja?!
abeg use your brain?!

Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by IBEXY(m): 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2010
seriously I heard this happens in places like Kano and Lagos. They unleash a hyena at you if you refuse to pay your house rent. My friend says they have lots of hyena in India and he's thinking of bringing this service to naija. He is seriously looking for a partner. Guys anyone interested. I can link you up. grin
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 19, 2010
Could be so. Hyenas scare me. You know they can turn your bones to powder and dust with one quick bite? If I dey 9ja e go make me pay quick quick.
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:12am On Jul 22, 2010
come on peeps, if they really wanted to scare people into paying their debts with savage animal then hyenas are too small, NA LION/TIGER ON A LEASH they should take scare people!
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by zebra543: 1:16am On Jul 22, 2010
hyenas are just right, more savage than dogs less dangerous than tigers, easier to handle. Dayuum i would not like to be someone who cant pay thier hr in nigeria right now *gulp*
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by ikenwan: 8:51am On Jul 24, 2010
The whole debt collection thing is a myth. The men are "Gadawan Kura" which is Hausa for "hyena handlers/guides." They make a living by being medicine men to the superstitious who take their ability to handle the hyenas as a sign of their potency. I want a hyena.
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by xreal: 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

come on peeps, if they really wanted to scare people into paying their debts with savage animal then hyenas are too small, NA LION/TIGER ON A LEASH they should take scare people!

hmmm! have you ever seen a lion eat its prey? Lion and tigers carefully tears off the flesh, sucks blood, and may come back later for the bone.

Mr brown; hyena might look sluggish BUT they TEAR bones together with the flesh, blending them into a smooth pate in no time - no time for separation.
My guy, don't ever dare an hyena.
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 04, 2010
Hyenas are far worse than lions or tigers. Lions and tigers are civilised. They go for the neck, juggler vein to be exact, and kill you that way. They kill their prey before eating them. Usually. As for hyenas, I've seen too many clips of bulls or gazelles stuck in mud or swamps, and hyena dey chop they nyash. Ruthless hunters.
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by 190: 2:55am On Jun 13, 2011
ogugua88:

Hyenas are far worse than lions or tigers. Lions and tigers are civilised. They go for the neck, juggler vein to be exact, and kill you that way. They kill their prey before eating them. Usually. As for hyenas, I've seen too many clips of bulls or gazelles stuck in mud or swamps, and hyena dey chop they nyash. Ruthless hunters.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by mo2ok(m): 3:06am On Jun 13, 2011
ogugua88:

guy u don make me laugh fall commot 4 my computer chair. Still laughing hysterically at the sihht of that comment.
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:24pm On Jun 13, 2011
poor hyenas. sad
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:36pm On Jun 13, 2011
btw its is from Nigeria. d ppl practcing it r Hausa. dey centre around Kano and Abuja.

heres d link for more info: http://pictureyear..com/2007/12/pieter-hugo.html
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 13, 2011
^^^^ after reading what you posted, we can clearly confirm that they have absolutely NOTHING to do with debt collection and ALL to do with street performances.
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:41pm On Jun 13, 2011
ya dey r jus poor medicine men. but am still worried about d poor animals. in my tribe its considered rong to interfere with d lives of wild animals. but it so happens dat these ppl r from a sister tribe & r similar to me. dey r Hausa while am a Maguzawa-Hausa. God help them. tongue tongue angry
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by ikooko(m): 12:27pm On Jun 22, 2011
IBEXY:

seriously I heard this happens in places like Kano and Lagos. They unleash a hyena at you if you refuse to pay your house rent. My friend says they have lots of hyena in India and he's thinking of bringing this service to naija. He is seriously looking for a partner. Guys anyone interested. I can link you up. grin

You must be very dumb to believe something like this happens in Lagos after all the good things you read about Lagos. This act is practiced only in almajiri infested areas, civilized people go to zoo/game reserve to see animals.
You can as well partner with your friend and take the business to almajiri zone. M U M U.
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:03pm On Jun 22, 2011
ikooko:

You must be very dumb to believe something like this happens in Lagos after all the good things you read about Lagos. This act is practiced only in almajiri infested areas, civilized people go to zoo/game reserve to see animals.
You can as well partner with your friend and take the business to almajiri zone. M U M U.

these ppls roam around Lagos, Abuja & Kano.

Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by lepasharon(f): 4:46pm On Jun 23, 2011
LMAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOO! grin grin i wonder wat oyinbos will think about dis?
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:27pm On Jun 24, 2011
lll o
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by pleep(m): 4:00am On Jul 30, 2012
That dude looks boss as hell.

there is nothing wrong with this, if it is actually done.
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by amor4ce(m): 4:29am On Jul 30, 2012
ikenwan: The whole debt collection thing is a myth. The men are "Gadawan Kura" which is Hausa for "hyena handlers/guides." They make a living by being medicine men to the superstitious who take their ability to handle the hyenas as a sign of their potency. I want a hyena.
Before your clarification I wondered if the hyenas scared debtors by laughing.
Re: Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? by PhysicsQED(m): 6:08am On Jul 30, 2012
pleep: That dude looks boss as hell.

That's what I think every time I see the picture. These guys are controlling hyenas but people are pretending that's not some powerful, fearless behavior.

(1) (Reply)

How Are You - Is It A Rude Form Of Greeting? / The Spirit Of Lagos / Full List Of Past Olubadans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.