Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC (15293 Views)

Ishaku Abbo Appointed Vice Chairman Senate Committee Of The Nigerian Navy / President Buhari Presides Over Swearing In Ceremony Of New FCSC Commissioners / Buhari Appoints Muiz Banire As AMCON Chair, 13 Others For FCSC (2) (3) (4)

Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by Islie: 9:10am On Oct 23, 2018
By Deji Elumoye in Abuja

The Senate Committee on Establishment has uncovered an employment racket in the Federal Civil Service Commission, FCSC, through which no fewer than 80 prospective job seekers were defrauded of over N20 million.

Chairman of the Committee, Senator Emmanuel Paulker (PDP Bayelsa Central), made this known in Abuja on Monday while three members of the Commission were being screened by the committee for re-appointment as Commissioners.

According to him, over 80 job seekers were recently reported to have been swindled of N250, 000 each for employment into federal civil service which turned out to be fake.

Paulker, described the scandal as a “huge embarrassment to the country that should not have been swept under the carpet.”

He said the committee will like to know what role the nominees who are being screened for re-appointment knew about the scam and their individual roles in the scandal.

The FCSC is the executive body that has the authority to make appointments, transfers and exercises disciplinary control over all federal civil servants.

Paulker wondered why the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Offences Commission (ICPC) that investigated the scandal failed to make its report available to the committee upon request.

The Senator further said the alleged racket was so serious especially when the seal of the Commission was used by the racketeers adding that while few of those who got appointment letters started work “others worked for over three months and had to be stopped when the scandal blew open.”

Paulker noted that it was all the more shocking to discover that some commissioners who served during the period were fingered to have been involved in the deal.

The Committee therefore took on the three Commissioner-Nominees- Alhaji Ibrahim Mohammed (Kaduna), Professor Aminu Sheidu (Kogi) and Simon Etim (Akwa Ibom), to tell members what they knew about the fake appointment letters.

In his response, Mohammed told the committee that the issue came up several times but nobody accepted responsibility.

According to him, FCSC resolved that the issue should be thoroughly investigated hence its invitation of the ICPC to probe the scandal adding that he was not invited by the ICPC during its investigation.

On his part, Sheidu also confirmed that the issue was investigated but noted that what actually happened was that “our procedure was not followed by our Chairman, Deaconess Tolani Ayo.”

“At a point in time, the chairman (of the commission) was by-passing the commissioners and was issuing directives to the director of recruitment. On several occasions, some commissioners confronted the chairman.”

He noted that what further escalated the issue was that the chairman unilaterally fixed a date and asked MDAs to delist those who were recruited during the period.

The decision of the chairman to unilaterally delist some recruits, he said, did not go down well with most of the commissioners.

In his response, Etim also alleged that the unilateral decisions taken by the FCSC Chairman fuelled the recruitment scandal
According to him, the chairman never brought the issue of delisting some recruits to the commissioners for ratification.

He noted that as soon as he became the acting chairman he invited all those delisted to appear to defend how they got their appointment letters saying those who were able to defend their letters of appointment were recommended for reinstatement.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/10/22/senate-committee-uncovers-employment-scam-in-fcsc/amp/
Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by baliyubla: 9:34am On Oct 23, 2018
Buharis government is the most corrupt in the history of Nigeria, imagine the job racketeering going on in the FCSC.

Worst is after duping these poor kids, the main jobs (over 5000 slots) were giving to their friends, allies and girlfriends. Am sure many BMCs here and zombies alike didn't even know there was massive recruitment in the FSCS early this year.

The new recruits have been captured on ippis, collected huge arrears and are collecting their salaries now regularly, while zombies that are dying of hunger come here to shout sai Baba because of religious or tribal sentiments.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by ican2020: 9:48am On Oct 23, 2018
na now una know

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by Nbote(m): 9:55am On Oct 23, 2018
Afta it is uncovered what next, it is covered back and d status quo remains.. Dey offer youths a 2yrs teaching contract on a monthly stipend if 30k while slots in ministries, departments and agencies are reserved for demselves, family members and acquaintances. I was recently asked to bring an initial 50k for a slot in one of d ministries here in Abuja.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by Richdad50(m): 11:26am On Oct 23, 2018
Most young men who support this regime or believe their is actually a change going on in the system are either ignorant or in self-denial of the truth. Also, to think that most of these supporters are either job seekers, artisans, etc baffles my imagination. No reasonable business owner, dreamers, rational human will support this government.

21 Likes

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by sacajawea: 11:27am On Oct 23, 2018
Uncovers?
Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by Standardcosting(m): 11:27am On Oct 23, 2018
baliyubla:
Buharis government is the most corrupt in the history of Nigeria, imagine the job racketeering going on in the FCSC.

Worst is after duping these poor kids, the main jobs (over 5000 slots) were giving to their friends, allies and girlfriends. Am sure many BMCs here and zombies alike didn't even know there was massive recruitment in the FSCS early this year.

The new recruits have been captured on ippis, collected huge arrears and are collecting their salaries now regularly, while zombies that are dying of hunger come here to shout sai Baba because of religious or tribal sentiments.
Atiku media crew

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by AngelicBeing: 11:27am On Oct 23, 2018
Chai shocked

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by Strangebuttrue(m): 11:28am On Oct 23, 2018
They are employing people with NEPA BILL CERTIFICATES

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by nairaman66(m): 11:28am On Oct 23, 2018
This APC government and corruption is like... someone please help me with the Zuma pic!!!

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by WebSurfer(m): 11:28am On Oct 23, 2018
baliyubla:
[s]Buharis government is the most corrupt in the history of Nigeria, imagine the job racketeering going on in the FCSC.

The new recruits have been captured on ippis, collected huge arrears and are collecting their salaries now regularly, while zombies that are dying of hunger come here to shout sai Baba because of religious or tribal sentiments[/s]
JUST SHUT UP

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by osinawanta(m): 11:28am On Oct 23, 2018
Nawa oo
Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by snadguy007(m): 11:28am On Oct 23, 2018
Good
Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by Pavore9: 11:29am On Oct 23, 2018
Those who paid that N250,000 for employment are not okay! angry

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by oluemmakay(m): 11:30am On Oct 23, 2018
H
Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by Racoon(m): 11:30am On Oct 23, 2018
Scam upon scam exposed in CBN, DSS, NPF, FIRS, NNPC,etc but nobody have been arrested, prosecuted or punished. undecided undecided

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by Ebimor96: 11:30am On Oct 23, 2018
Lie Lai Mohammed MoreHarmMade be like;

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by IamPatriotic(m): 11:30am On Oct 23, 2018
I"m aware of this scam! it's huge!

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:35am On Oct 23, 2018
Youths are eager for productive life but no jobs on the block for the ordinary ones.

It's all based on Molla and who u sabi...up there!

Tmro dem go say na we yoots go be leader for future...

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by BruncleZuma: 11:37am On Oct 23, 2018
Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by wengerjay(m): 11:37am On Oct 23, 2018
Hi
Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by quickberry3(m): 11:38am On Oct 23, 2018
baliyubla:

And civil servants are Buhari's employees right?

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by Ventura1: 11:38am On Oct 23, 2018
Na today, the secret recruitment at CBN, FIRS, NNPC etc. is still fresh. Buhari, where is your integrity if you cannot put all these to check? Atiku won't fare better too, the over 400 groups canvassing for his presidency will ensure Nigerians are starve of Justice and fairness.
The only solution is to kick all of them out and install a fresh blood with godfathers or godmothers.

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 23, 2018
baliyubla:

I agreed with you totally. A stupid fellow called me this week...she said she got my number from d list of first timers at Dunamis HQ and would like to be of assistance in case I need job in the NIS. she said I should call another bastard Mr. Bitrus and that he would tell me what to do.

I played along and when I called the criminal...
after plenty stories he asked me to pay 25k for a replacement being done in NIS by some big ogas who doesn't want FG knows they are having ghost workers in the system.

He said....I should pay before 2pm...bla....bla bla... I just ignored d stupid fellows....dis country tire me....walahi

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by Oracle4: 11:50am On Oct 23, 2018
Read it very well, the Chairman in question and the recruitment were done during Jonathan. The present government exposed it
baliyubla:

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by AtikuDeman: 11:51am On Oct 23, 2018
Racoon:
Scam upon scam exposed in CBN, DSS, NPF, FIRS, NNPC,etc but nobody have been arrested, prosecuted or punished. undecided undecided
"They were not arrested or prosecuted because of the enormous corruption buhari is fighting"-lai mohammad

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by baliyubla: 11:54am On Oct 23, 2018
quickberry3:

And civil servants are Buhari's employees right?

Did you really just ask this question? Na waa for Buhari fans.

Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by AtikuDeman: 11:55am On Oct 23, 2018
babatee100:

I agreed with you totally. A stupid fellow called me this week...she said she got my number from d list of first timers at Dunamis HQ and would like to be of assistance in case I need job in the NIS. she said I should call another bastard Mr. Bitrus and that he would tell me what to do.

I played along and when I called the criminal...
after plenty stories he asked me to pay 25k for a replacement being done in NIS by some big ogas who doesn't want FG knows they are having ghost workers in the system.

He said....I should pay before 2pm...bla....bla bla... I just ignored d stupid fellows....dis country tire me....walahi
Chai, scammers everywhere. It shall never be well with whoever that created this country
Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by Olohunjedalo(m): 11:55am On Oct 23, 2018
baliyubla:

Trash
Re: Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 23, 2018
baliyubla:

When last have you carried out maintenance service on this your brain? I am not sure if all the nuts are tighten. If you can not eat, you blame buhari, if you are so addicted to watching video, play games or pursuing irrelevant skill for 24hrs and become so lazy that you are so poor, you will still blame buhari. It is only in this buhari regime that there is no hiding place for thief and corrupt people as they are being exposed. If it were in the previous regime, things like these are normal way of live. How they shared Dansuki's money(our collective) would have been covered if not because of Buhari. No hiding place again! God bless Buhari/Osinbajo, Let good work continue, buhari/osibanjo 2019 - 1923.

BREAKING: Factional PDP Emerges In Kwara, Fields Candidates For Election _ / On Festus Keyamo’s Tribal Baits Against Igbos; A Reflection / 2023: CAN Fumes As MURIC Kicks Against Support For RCCG Members

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51