Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President (46119 Views)

Pressure On Peter Obi To Run As Vice To Atiku In 2027 - NationalDaily / Tinubu And Osinbajo: What Comes To Your Mind With This Picture? / Before And After Photos Of Buhari And Osinbajo, What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Joafjoe2018(m): 9:48am On Oct 23, 2018
Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo has revealed his greatest surprise in office as vice president.

Professor Osinbajo revealed that what shocked him most was what he described as “grand corruption.”

During his presentation at the ongoing 24th Nigerian Economic Summit in Abuja, Professor Yemi Osinbajo spoke on Corruption and Rule of Law.

Recall that, Osinbajo had earlier lamented that whenever he tried dismissing corrupt public officer holders, some religious leaders would always intervene.

“I think, frankly, the biggest surprise for me has been the sheer impact of corruption on development,” he said.

“Whereas what we were more familiar with was corruption in the public procurement process and the like, but what is rare and damaging is directly going to the very source of revenue and taking public resource for private.”

He further explained that the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government had made some significant impact in this area by “holding persons who made away with public funds accountable, taking them to court, seizing their assets both locally and internationally and transferring back to the country proceeds of corruption.”

He lamented that, “Trying to get money from foreign governments or from foreign banks is an obstacle for Nigeria. It is laden with all manner of difficulties and it is obvious that there is no enthusiasm about returning money that is already in their custody. It is very, very difficult.”

Source: https://www.webexmusic.com/what-shocked-me-most-when-i-became-vice-president-osinbajo/

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by hadjipapiey(m): 10:01am On Oct 23, 2018
Okae lai

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Slayedchick: 12:46pm On Oct 23, 2018
This issue of grand corruption is one we all must face and together with our leaders we can eradicate this evil so as to build a better nigeria.
Joafjoe2018:
Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo has revealed his greatest surprise in office as vice president.

Professor Osinbajo revealed that what shocked him most was what he described as “grand corruption.”

During his presentation at the ongoing 24th Nigerian Economic Summit in Abuja, Professor Yemi Osinbajo spoke on Corruption and Rule of Law.

Recall that, Osinbajo had earlier lamented that whenever he tried dismissing corrupt public officer holders, some religious leaders would always intervene.

“I think, frankly, the biggest surprise for me has been the sheer impact of corruption on development,” he said.

“Whereas what we were more familiar with was corruption in the public procurement process and the like, but what is rare and damaging is directly going to the very source of revenue and taking public resource for private.”

He further explained that the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government had made some significant impact in this area by “holding persons who made away with public funds accountable, taking them to court, seizing their assets both locally and internationally and transferring back to the country proceeds of corruption.”

He lamented that, “Trying to get money from foreign governments or from foreign banks is an obstacle for Nigeria. It is laden with all manner of difficulties and it is obvious that there is no enthusiasm about returning money that is already in their custody. It is very, very difficult.”

Source: https://www.webexmusic.com/what-shocked-me-most-when-i-became-vice-president-osinbajo/

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by EdoBozz(m): 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2018
And what have they done about it since they entered power.

As a sitting president, you don't make promises during campaign, rather you tell people your achievements and give them reasons why they should vote for you to continue.

Buhari/Osinbajo administration is already a failed one.

104 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Amaso99(m): 1:01pm On Oct 23, 2018
EdoBozz:
And what have they done about it since they entered power.

As a sitting president, you don't make promises during campaign, rather you tell people your achievements and give them reasons why they should vote for you to continue.

Buhari/Osinbajo administration is already a failed one.
did u read what's up there before writting this coment? Or u just quickly write to collect ur cheque

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by EdoBozz(m): 1:07pm On Oct 23, 2018
Amaso99:
did u read what's up there before writting this coment? Or u just quickly write to collect ur cheque

I read it bro. I just consider all that as a normal sentimental speech. How many of the real currupt individuals have they actually prosecuted. Those stealing the money they are trying to retrieve, many of them are still walking freely so let's leave all that sentimental speech as we approach 2019.

97 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Amaso99(m): 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2018
EdoBozz:

I read it bro. I just consider all that as a normal sentimental speech. How many of the real currupt individuals have they actually prosecuted. Those stealing the money they are trying to retrieve, many of them are still walking freely so let's leave all that sentimental speech as we approach 2019.
you should know that there is something wrong with the judiciary

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by EdoBozz(m): 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2018
Amaso99:
you should that there is some wrong with our judiciary

That's still part of the problem.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 23, 2018
And is the country corruption free now? Nigeria police is just one out of so many corruption going on now. ..not to talk of other gigantic corrupt cases in presidency..abeg we need economic revival not chanting corruption corruption all the time

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by e7ejinima: 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2018
Liar Pastor.

So All the while you were Commissioner for Justice in Lagos you didn't see corruption?

Who vetted the IGR contract given to ABC consultants eh?!

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by rusher14: 2:13pm On Oct 23, 2018
e7ejinima:
Liar Pastor.

So All the while you were Commissioner for Justice in Lagos you didn't see corruption?

Who vetted the IGR contract given to ABC consultants eh?!

The battle is not for government or an individual alone.

It requires collective action from all of us, you inclusive.

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 2:16pm On Oct 23, 2018
The second shock will come February 2019.
Back to Daura is a collective responsibility of all well meaning Nigerians.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by gaxoseps: 2:24pm On Oct 23, 2018
wow weird truth embarassed

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by galuc: 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2018
I know the most shocking thing when you became president...
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by mbos: 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2018
And what has your so called Anti corruption help develop in the Country?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Okpotud(m): 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2018
Oga VP time no reach nah e still remain small sir
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by KingRagnar: 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2018
Corruption has been the number one problem of this country, the one PMB has fighting head on, the one some presidential aspirants want to return us to. However I believe that PMB will continue to fight this said grand corruption regardless of what naysayers will say or even do

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2018
shocked shocked

Osunbade should go for a brain check-up cos it seem lifelessness and zombism has eaten deep into his system.

if you were surprised by grand corruption you met on grand, what about the massive corruption presently going on? What about the titlle of being the world headquarter of poverty you and the lifeless one led us into?

this mere commissioner should be taken to a psychiatric hospital

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2018
LIARS now run the house of the lord

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by cinoedhunter: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2018
Osibanjo talking about corruption that surprised him. Hmmmm... when ur boss is the master of corruption... u sacked Daura, and ur boss returned from abroad angrily and remove the competent southerner and put back his own.... APC go and rest jor....
Hypocrites angry

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by gurunlocker: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2018
These guys have never talked about Economy and the welfare of Nigerians for once, they always sing the song "corruption" which we know is fallacy..

What's corruption when you are shielding your own?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:24pm On Oct 23, 2018
I'll bet the Prof isn't surprised by corruption anymore.....

He's swimming in it now.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Calyb(m): 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2018
Obi will not be surprised.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2018
It requires the collective will of every Nigerian for our dear country to survive.
Anyway, it is well.
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
The second shock will come February 2019.
Back to Daura is a collective responsibility of all well meaning Nigerians.
You mean deceptive Nigerians. Buhari may have corrupt people surrounding him, but Nigeria is moving forward. Buhari will win 2019 elections.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 23, 2018
Shut up you hypocritical dwarfish two timing zombiesh bastaard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by TroublemakerPro: 4:26pm On Oct 23, 2018
Nigeria will get better.
But I will not wait for the change my visa is almost ready angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Opinionated: 4:27pm On Oct 23, 2018
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Akinz0126(m): 4:27pm On Oct 23, 2018
There they go again...Since 2015 corruption

2016...corruption
2017...corruption
Now we are 2018 they are still telling us they are phiting kwaraption...

Then 2019 after they have won they'll quantinue phiting kwaraption...Is our God not wonderful?

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Racoon(m): 4:27pm On Oct 23, 2018
And this man calls himself a lawyer & pastor.VP Osinbajo can only fool the himself and the zombies of the moribund government he belongs to.What nonsense!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of House Of Jelili Adesiyan In Ibadan / Amaechis Port Harcourt! / Amotekun: Yorùbá World Congress Protests Peacefully In Support Of Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.