Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking (30803 Views)

Olamide- Why I Didn't Sign Omah Lay / Afrocandy: JT Tom West Shot Dead On A Movie Set, He Didn't Die In Car Accident / Banky W's 2016 Posts About Marriage Surface After His Lavish Traditional Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Kingsmeal: 10:23pm On Oct 23, 2018
Nigerian singer and songwriter, Timaya, has opened up on so many issues including marriage, failing to sign Patoranking and RunTown.

While speaking in an interview with Olisa Adibua and Maria Okanrende on Beat FM in Lagos on Tuesday, Nigerian dancehall star, Enitimi Alfred Odom, popularly known as Timaya, opened up on his controversial stance on marriage as well as his relationship status with his two babymamas.According to The Cable who monitored the interview, on his relationship status, he said: “I have a baby mama and a serious relationship with my son’s mom.”

On his stance on marriage, the singer said:

“I’m not saying I don’t want to get married. I am not ready. Jesus Christ died at 35. He never got married.”

The Bayelsa-born singer also disclosed why he failed to sign Patoranking and Runtown to his Dem Mama record label despite giving them their first breaks in the music industry.

He said he did not understand the music business when Patoranking and Runtown were under his wings.

“I did not understand the business then,” Timaya said.
“I don’t want anybody to be like they are doing it because they are not in a good spot. Whatever I did for them, I did it like ‘okay, let’s go’.”

Speaking further, Timaya said he does not regret not signing the pair, despite their respective successes in the past few years, and when asked if he could consider adding them to his record label, he said: “They are bosses already.”

The singer attributed his ability to make successful records to God, saying: “Nobody knows how to make hits.
“I don’t even know. I think it’s just God and secondly, when you work all the time, you have a lot of songs, you need the right people around you to tell you the right songs to put out so I don’t feed myself with bad energy.”

Read more:

https://zenithnaija.com/?p=29913

11 Likes

Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by oneluv11: 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2018
shocked.

timaya d story teller, cna person like timaya we dey call papalolo for north

d plantain boy

FTC for fp

1 Like

Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Kingosytex(m): 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2018
timaya the hit maker!!

i doubt if any artiste in this country has the number of hit tracks that you have.

kudos to u for giving GOD the glory. keep winning, the LORD is your strength

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Simbaz(m): 12:09am On Oct 24, 2018
Cool interview grin

I want to buy a verified Nigerian AdSense
Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by itiswellandwell: 3:31am On Oct 24, 2018
Love his honest response. Humility speaks in it. "They are bosses already" if na another person, he go dey talk rubbish like they are my boys, I can call them and we will work together anytime.

8GB Atm card flash drives for sale. Check my signature

65 Likes

Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by stuff46(m): 3:32am On Oct 24, 2018
Nigerian artist and baby mama's....
God help us as we have gotten to this point in life to call evil alright
Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 24, 2018
stuff46:
Nigerian artist and baby mama's....

God help us as we have gotten to this point in life to call evil alright

Everyone has their. Own life

We should learn to respect their decisions

With the way marriages are now men raising other men's kids for years without knowing, I don't blame him

Only here in Nigeria that marriage is carried on the head

Many young men and women have been pushed in life time unhappiness cause of pressure to marry

15 Likes

Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Oblitz(m): 3:35am On Oct 24, 2018
Check my signature
Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by ElSakina: 3:38am On Oct 24, 2018
God will still bless you with new talents that are equally good.
God open floodgates in abundance, causing your rain to fall on us.

1 Like

Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by ElChidi: 3:39am On Oct 24, 2018
I pray Nigeria gets a good leader come 2019, not a bigoted tyrant with absolutely no understanding of economics.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by nailcapuzzi89(m): 3:50am On Oct 24, 2018
Kingsmeal:
Nigerian singer and songwriter, Timaya, has opened up on so many issues including marriage, failing to sign Patoranking and RunTown.

While speaking in an interview with Olisa Adibua and Maria Okanrende on Beat FM in Lagos on Tuesday, Nigerian dancehall star, Enitimi Alfred Odom, popularly known as Timaya, opened up on his controversial stance on marriage as well as his relationship status with his two babymamas.According to The Cable who monitored the interview, on his relationship status, he said: “I have a baby mama and a serious relationship with my son’s mom.”

On his stance on marriage, the singer said:

The Bayelsa-born singer also disclosed why he failed to sign Patoranking and Runtown to his Dem Mama record label despite giving them their first breaks in the music industry.

He said he did not understand the music business when Patoranking and Runtown were under his wings.

“I did not understand the business then,” Timaya said.
“I don’t want anybody to be like they are doing it because they are not in a good spot. Whatever I did for them, I did it like ‘okay, let’s go’.”

Speaking further, Timaya said he does not regret not signing the pair, despite their respective successes in the past few years, and when asked if he could consider adding them to his record label, he said: “They are bosses already.”

The singer attributed his ability to make successful records to God, saying: “Nobody knows how to make hits.
“I don’t even know. I think it’s just God and secondly, when you work all the time, you have a lot of songs, you need the right people around you to tell you the right songs to put out so I don’t feed myself with bad energy.”

Read more:

https://zenithnaija.com/?p=29913

Timaya which Bible do you read, Jesus didn't die at 35
It's 33 mehn.

24 Likes

Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Groovenaija360(m): 4:17am On Oct 24, 2018
cheesy
Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Hoodbilonia: 4:24am On Oct 24, 2018
timaya
nw he sings abt women
trash artist

1 Like

Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by magicminister: 4:28am On Oct 24, 2018
Wooow

He said something very important that alit of upcoming artistes might miss.

It is very important to have a tonne of creative content and have a very reliable selection process comprising of friends and professional with really good ear. Nobody knows how to make hits!!

4 Likes

Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by hundredrivas(m): 4:38am On Oct 24, 2018
D ukwu crooner carry go notin does you.
Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Xkalaban(m): 5:39am On Oct 24, 2018
magicminister:
Wooow

He said something very important that alit of upcoming artistes might miss.

It is very important to have a tonne of creative content and have a very reliable selection process comprising of friends and professional with really good ear. Nobody knows how to make hits!!

Very true

2 Likes

Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Nobody: 5:40am On Oct 24, 2018
His first album is his best! Almost every song in it was lit.

2 Likes

Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by femi4: 5:40am On Oct 24, 2018
Jesus died @ 35? Bro Timaya
Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by mynaijadj(m): 5:41am On Oct 24, 2018
His humble talk but proud actions/history are not connecting
Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 24, 2018

1 Like

Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 24, 2018
Kingsmeal:

“I don’t even know.
I think it’s just God and secondly, when you work all the time, you have a lot of songs, you need the right people around you to tell you the right songs to put out so I don’t feed myself with bad energy.”

You've got to admire how candid this guy is...

5 Likes

Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Onlinealaba(m): 6:13am On Oct 24, 2018
Dude is honest with his response, no cutting corners and braggado tendency. made man... dude doesn't even got plans for marriage with that him response.. lol

check my siggy, get your electronics,SMART TVs and sound bar at flat rate, payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too.
Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Richdad50(m): 6:13am On Oct 24, 2018
Oppurtunity of a lifetime must be seized in the lifetime of the oppurtunity
Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by GdexFolami(m): 6:28am On Oct 24, 2018
Kingosytex:
timaya the hit maker!!

i doubt if any artiste in this country has the number of hit tracks that you have.

which timaya abeg?
Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Naturalobserver(m): 6:30am On Oct 24, 2018
itiswellandwell:
Love his honest response. Humility speaks in it. "They are bosses already" if na another person, he go dey talk rubbish like they are my boys, I can call them and we will work together anytime.

8GB Atm card flash drives for sale. Check my signature
Like wen ruggedman called late dagrin his boy even in death
Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Wizaugpet(m): 6:38am On Oct 24, 2018
grin Chai! That place,,,
"Jesus Christ died at 35. He never married"
I don't know if I should Laff, or should go and Preach to him... cheesy
Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Awoo88: 6:42am On Oct 24, 2018
oneluv11:
shocked.

timaya d story teller, cna person like timaya we dey call papalolo for north

d plantain boy

FTC for fp
This guy for picture don't keep quite after APC do am strong thing
Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by akintade59: 6:44am On Oct 24, 2018
I have free limited time offer for an e-book on practical step by step information on successful Pig Rearing. This information will definitely help to shapen the fate of many pig farmers. It's very simple and direct with practical approach to successful Pig Rearing Business.
Anyone interested in the e-book can reach me on whatsapp with this no. 07069405910.
N:B It's a Free limited time offer grab your own copy now.

Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 24, 2018
Kingosytex:
timaya the hit maker!!

I doubt if any of his hit track is being played after 2years
Re: Timaya Talks About Marriage And Why He Didn't Sign Runtown & Patoranking by kenodrill: 6:59am On Oct 24, 2018
"Never feed yourself with bad energy.."

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ubi Franklin Son, Jayden As A Medical Doctor / Jennifer Obayuwana's Engagement May Have Crashed / Adaeze Yobo: "I Can't Believe I Am A Mother Of 3"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.