Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? (16681 Views)

For Christians ,magical Power In The Book Of Psalms Declassified / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? / The Untold Secrets Of Psalms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? by Acidosis(m): 8:01am On Jul 17, 2010
Members of some African churches believed that virtually all types of illnesses are curable with the combination of reading Psalms and the use of materials like candle, apron, sand etc. They interpret the healing method as African cultural hermenentics since there are secret powers in the bible especially in the book of Psalms which is used, positively, therapeutically, and successfully to fill the missing gap left by the Eurocentric Christianity.
Personally I do not believe in it, but it works and I don't know whether to convince or encourage a guy who recieved this prescription from a "man of God".
To Improve Your Memory:
Read Psalms 4, then cut four candles into three each, light them round and be in the middle of the candles, put some salts under each candle. Read Psalms 4 again (8 times) and call Holy Name ALATULATA.
Re: Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? by Gunnaz007: 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2010
OMG!! shocked shocked shocked shocked ^^^^hahahahahahah cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy LWKMD!!!
Re: Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? by Image123(m): 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2010
It's not of God but a misuse of the Word of God. It's a dishonour to God and will attract God's wrath.

1 Like

Re: Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? by Acidosis(m): 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2010
^^^ That was my initial thought, but am still surprise to see the biblical quotes especially in the book of Psalms
Re: Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? by Acidosis(m): 3:59pm On Jul 18, 2010
Gunnaz007:

OMG!! shocked shocked shocked shocked ^^^^hahahahahahah cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy LWKMD!!!
Is it that funny?
Re: Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? by Joagbaje(m): 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2010
Acidosis:
[/b]
Members of some African churches believed that virtually all types of illnesses are curable with the combination of reading Psalms and the use of materials like candle, apron, sand etc. They interpret the healing method as African cultural hermenentics since there are secret powers in the bible especially in the book of Psalms which is used, positively, therapeutically, and successfully to fill the missing gap left by the Eurocentric Christianity.
Personally I do not believe in it, but it works and I don't know whether to convince or encourage a guy who recieved this prescription from a "man of God".
[b]To Improve Your Memory:

Read Psalms 4, then cut four candles into three each, light them round and be in the middle of the candles, put some salts under each candle. Read Psalms 4 again (8 times) and call Holy Name ALATULATA.

It's a form of white magic. It's unscriptural. Even though they use the bible. Remember the brazen serpent God told Moses to make brought healing to many people but after that incident , some carry the brazen serpent and began to worship it. Until Hezekiah came to destroy it.

2 Kings 18:3-4
3 And he did[ that which was] right in the sight of the, according to all that David his father did. 4 He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and (hezekiah) brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan.
Re: Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? by yommyuk: 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2010
The psalms, like all Scripture, are inspired and given by God (2 Tim 3:16). Each psalm originated with a human author as a prayer or praise to the Lord. The psalms are diverse, composed as the responses of God's people to him. The psalms include lament, psalms of praise, wisdom, thanksgiving, reflection on God's mighty acts, celebrations of God's revelation, and worship.

Prayers in the psalms are more than models to be imitated. They are God's instruction for righteous living. (Psalms 1,19,119)

Psalms 27 is a very popular one believed to be authored by King David. This is a psalm that can build ones confidence and strength in focusing on the Lord. A believer can stand in faith in the presence of the Lord, engaging ones adversaries with confidence. A believer with the power of the Holy Spirit cannot be intimidated or penetrated because his/her inner security is in the Lord. Therefore a believers circumstances becomes secondary. The primary concern of the believer is in his/her openness to the Lord's instruction, timing and priorities.

Key themes in this powerful psalm are the following
Remaining Confident in the Lord

Hiding in the Sanctuary of the Lord
Holding ones head high in the midst of enemies and opposition
Waiting patiently for the Lord by being brave and courageous.

If a brethen seeks my advise on how to relieve himself /herself of stress related issues. if I say read psalm 27 X 3 times in to a glass of cold water, and say the name of Jesus X 7 times in faith and drink. Is that Satanic? Absolutely no.
Re: Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? by Image123(m): 11:27pm On Jul 18, 2010
None of the apostles or prophets practiced such things. It's a common practice with the occult and our unpopular babalawos. Love not the world, for friendship with the world is enmity with God.
Re: Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? by Joagbaje(m): 9:43am On Jul 19, 2010
yommyuk:

The psalms, like all Scripture, are inspired and given by God (2 Tim 3:16). Each psalm originated with a human author as a prayer or praise to the Lord. The psalms are diverse, composed as the responses of God's people to him. The psalms include lament, psalms of praise, wisdom, thanksgiving, reflection on God's mighty acts, celebrations of God's revelation, and worship.

Prayers in the psalms are more than models to be imitated. They are God's instruction for righteous living. (Psalms 1,19,119)

Psalms 27 is a very popular one believed to be authored by King David. This is a psalm that can build ones confidence and strength in focusing on the Lord. A believer can stand in faith in the presence of the Lord, engaging ones adversaries with confidence. A believer with the power of the Holy Spirit cannot be intimidated or penetrated because his/her inner security is in the Lord. Therefore a believers circumstances becomes secondary. The primary concern of the believer is in his/her openness to the Lord's instruction, timing and priorities.

If a brethen seeks my advise on how to relieve himself /herself of stress related issues. if I say read psalm 27 X 3 times in to a glass of cold water, and say the name of Jesus X 7 times in faith and drink. Is that Satanic? Absolutely no.

Any form of ritual is satanic. Even if its the shout of aleluyah 7 times as a ritual

1 Like

Re: Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? by yommyuk: 11:41am On Jul 19, 2010
Satanic? Do u actually know the meaning of the word?

Satan is the father of all liars. Pls don't be decieved. The use of psalms to pray is no antichrist activity

The Bibles states in 1 John 2:22-23 "And who is a liar? Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Anyone who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist. Anyone who denies the Son doesn't have the Father, either. But anyone who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

James 5:16 states "the effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much"
As long as we ask according to God's will. We know that He hears us in whatever way we ask him.

Sometimes I use the book of Psalms as a model for prayer. I thank God for his continious blessing on my life in Jesus Christ. His divine power has granted me everything I need in life.

Psalms 95:6 : "let us worship and bow down". If the Holy spirit implores me to bow my head 7 times before God, is that satanic?
Why did God tell Joshua to walk round Jericho 7 times.
We have to be very careful when we make utterances.
Re: Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? by nuclearboy(m): 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2010
@Jo-boy:

How about "shamaramashogologobangoshecomeeatriceandfreshuncookedbeansonanemptystomachfourtimesdaily"?

Read psalms if you want, people, but the salt, candles, rituals etc are not neccessary and can (not definitely WILL) actually open you to the influence of contrary spirits.

1 Like

Re: Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? by tkb417(m): 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

oluwa o

which kain magic be this?
Re: Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? by yommyuk: 8:27pm On Jul 19, 2010
@Nuclearboy

I agree. Salt, Candles, rituals are not neccessary. The key factor is FAITH.

However sometimes God via the Holy Spirit may metaphorically tell a Xtain to perform (I won't use the word 'RITUAL') a 'Process' to channel ones faith.

2 Kings 2:19-22 - How Elijah threw salt in to the town's water to purify it. Is this satanic or a ritual?
Sometimes God can be mysterious in his ways. Beyond comprehension smiley

2 Likes

Re: Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? by mostun(m): 8:24am On Oct 03, 2012
yommyuk: @Nuclearboy

I agree. Salt, Candles, rituals are not neccessary. The key factor is FAITH.

However sometimes God via the Holy Spirit may metaphorically tell a Xtain to perform (I won't use the word 'RITUAL') a 'Process' to channel ones faith.

2 Kings 2:19-22 - How Elijah threw salt in to the town's water to purify it. Is this satanic or a ritual?
Sometimes God can be mysterious in his ways. Beyond comprehension smiley

You're right, but the fact is that most people abuse it
Re: Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? by truthislight: 9:36am On Oct 03, 2012
Acidosis: Members of some African churches believed that virtually all types of illnesses are curable with the combination of reading Psalms and the use of materials like candle, apron, sand etc. They interpret the healing method as African cultural hermenentics since there are secret powers in the bible especially in the book of Psalms which is used, positively, therapeutically, and successfully to fill the missing gap left by the Eurocentric Christianity.
To Improve Your Memory:

there is no instruction in the bible that the book/paper used in the writing of the bible should be use for omen.

That people decide to include the book/paper in their ritualistic practices has no back up in the words therin.

People can use anything for spiritistic rituals, that they decide to include the bible to attract the gulible has nothing to do with Gods instructions as contain in the bible.

Free from spiritistic practice of all sort, it is the way the demons exterblish contact with human.
Re: Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? by truthislight: 9:46am On Oct 03, 2012
yommyuk: The psalms, like all Scripture, are inspired and given by God (2 Tim 3:16). Each psalm originated with a human author as a prayer or praise to the Lord. The psalms are diverse, composed as the responses of God's people to him. The psalms include lament, psalms of praise, wisdom, thanksgiving, reflection on God's mighty acts, celebrations of God's revelation, and worship.

yes it is satan.

If it is not satan. Then show from the bible where you got that instruction to do that?

The bible gives instruction on on how to worship God.

If that instruction is not from the bible then you got the directive from satan.

(1) (Reply)

Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians / How Prophet ‘daniel’ Abodunrin Was Killed And Eaten By Lions At University Of Ib / Enoch Adeboye Celebrates His 75th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.