Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

The Greatest Failure Of Abacha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Greatest Failure Of Abacha (2146 Views)

Allegations Of “Illegal Diversion” Of Abacha's Loot Baseless – Okonjo-Iweala / Ibrahim Coomasie, Son Of Abacha’s Police IG Shows Off Wealth (PHOTOS) / Throwback Pics Of Abacha, MKO & Tinubu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by redsun(m): 8:23am On Jul 17, 2010
The greatest failure of abacha as a creature was his failure to kill obasanjo when he had in a death hook.His death would have meant one monstrous rogue out of the way and would have saved nigeria over 30 billion dollars(rough estimate) that obasanjo and cohorts sqandered in the eight years period that he had the opportunity to loot and dismembered nigeria again.

Had he been killed by hopeless abacha,nigeria probably would have been on the way to true democracy and prospective unification
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 17, 2010
I Agree.
I think given that Obj (like IBB ) seem to be a Western Stooge, I am wondering whether the Americans never used those foriegn prostitutes to poison Abacha, in order that Obj could be freed.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by blacksta(m): 12:03pm On Jul 17, 2010
Maybe or Maybe not - Nigeria has many monsters
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by PROJECT: 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2010
what about those that came before him,obj did one thing he made us see those real criminals and let us with the option to deal with them,so deal with them and stop crying like babies,past govt never exposed looters like obj did
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by WilyWily5: 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2010
The greatest failure of abacha as a creature was his failure to kill many Yorubas
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by redsun(m): 12:53pm On Jul 17, 2010
PROJECT:

what about those that came before him,obj did one thing he made us see those real criminals and let us with the option to deal with them,so deal with them and stop crying like babies,past govt never exposed looters like obj did

If we are going to deal with them,we have to start with him first.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by WilyWily5: 12:54pm On Jul 17, 2010
The greatest failure of abacha as a creature was his failure to kill thousands of Yorubas
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by redsun(m): 12:54pm On Jul 17, 2010
Wily+Wily:

The greatest failure of abacha as a creature was his failure to kill many Yorubas

I don't think this is  a yoruba issue but about corrupt individuals in nigeria spearheaded by obasanjo.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by redsun(m): 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2010
Yoruba individuals are some my greatest mentors in nigeria in the likes of Fela,Fela's mum,Beko Kuti,Tai solarin,Gani,Femi Kuti,Soyinka,even the doctor,Ransome Kuti,they are individuals of enviable characters.

We have to learn to calll a spade a spade,no matter what.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by WilyWily5: 1:17pm On Jul 17, 2010
Forget about 6 or 8 Yorubas, Genetically Yorubas are Corrupt people and no amount of treatment can cure the Fraud in them.
The only solution is to reduce their population then Corruption will reduce. And the only way to reduce their population is by killing them.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by redsun(m): 1:30pm On Jul 17, 2010
Wily+Wily:

Forget about 6 or 8 Yorubas, Genetically Yorubas are Corrupt people and no amount of treatment can cure the Fraud in them.
The only solution is to reduce their population then Corruption will reduce. And the only way to reduce their population is by killing them.

Oh yeah.You remind me of some out of this world rwandans.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by redsun(m): 1:32pm On Jul 17, 2010
We should be seeing our problems as a people based on concepts not basically on tribes
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by redsun(m): 1:40pm On Jul 17, 2010
I know nigeria is dangerously diverse but with rationality,progressive reasoning and insights we can overide the differences and florish as one people.

We need to learn to differentiate between criminality and civility,between patriotism and unpatriotism,between smartness and stupidity as a people.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2010
Wily+Wily:

The greatest failure of Obasanjo and Benjamin Adekunle was not killing off all the remaining ibo dregs, for even attempting to march on Yoruba land.

The greatest failure of Shagari was not having Ojuku shot, the moment the baboon landed at MMA.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 17, 2010
Crabby ibo, he is genetically programmed to feel inferior. No matter how accomplished he is in life, his low self esteem is alway an albatross around his neck.

He needs to constantly cry; mwaa mwaa yoruba stole my banana. Mwaa mwaaaaa Yoruba stole my republic.

Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Yoruba stole my banana republic, mwaaaaaaaaa.

Stupi.d monkey azz ibos.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by EzeUche(m): 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2010
redsun:

Yoruba individuals are some my greatest mentors in nigeria in the likes of Fela,Fela's mum,Beko Kuti,Tai solarin,Gani,Femi Kuti,Soyinka,even the doctor,Ransome Kuti,they are individuals of enviable characters.

We have to learn to calll a spade a spade,no matter what.

Seems like the majority of the Yorubas that you mentioned are from one family though. What is up with rest of the 99.8&? Only .1% of them are actually worthy of mention? That is sad.

If only there were more Wole Soyinkas among them! Nigeria would be a better place.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by koruji(m): 5:44pm On Jul 17, 2010
Wily+Wily:

Cursed be the day when that egg rolled than the womb from whence you came. It should have suffered a bump and be discarded as monthly fluid - your psychological composition is nothing more than that  angry
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by redsun(m): 6:17pm On Jul 17, 2010
This thread is not particularly for people with cave mentality,it is for fight against corrupt chimps like obasanjo in our so-called one nation and they cut across all tribes in nigeria.

If we see ourselves as people with decency,self esteem and a sense of rationality,we should be exposing them and their evils,tribal homogeneity not withstanding

Obasanjo is a rogue,any sane nigerian knows that,
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2010
redsun:

This thread is not particularly for people with cave mentality,it is for fight against corrupt chimps like obasanjo in our so-called one nation and they cut across all tribes in nigeria.

If we see ourselves as people with decency,self esteem and a sense of rationality,we should be exposing them and their evils,tribal homogeneity not withstanding

Obasanjo is a rogue,any sane nigerian knows that,

Your grouse with him is because he took surrender of your one legged republic. Obasanjo for whatever reasons tried to placate ibos during his last administration.

Big mistakes, ibos cannot be placated. Anything short of taking everything is not good enough for them.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by otawa: 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2010
redsun:

The greatest failure of abacha as a creature was his failure to kill obasanjo when he had in a death hook.His death would have meant one monstrous rogue out of the way and would have saved nigeria over 30 billion dollars(rough estimate) that obasanjo and cohorts sqandered in the eight years period that he had the opportunity to loot and dismembered nigeria again.

Had he been killed by hopeless abacha,nigeria probably would have been on the way to true democracy and prospective unification

well said.

The US moved very fast towards the end, thats what spare Mr Obasanjo. Abacha was going for each  of them slowly. It is interesting to note all those key guys were friends of US.

Mr Obasanjo stole more than $30billion from Nigerians. Dont forget crude was about $120 per barrel.

Abacha in total stole $3billion but since he was not friend of US/UK, they labelled him most corrupt but we NIGERIANS never read between the lines.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by strangleyo: 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2010
Some of you people are fking retarded. Seriously.

And as if Abacha didn't steal over $3 billion USD from Nigeria. Calling for your countrymen to be murdered because of tribe.

You people fuking sicken me.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by redsun(m): 7:25pm On Jul 17, 2010
Aigbofa:

Your grouse with him is because he took surrender of your one legged republic. Obasanjo for whatever reasons tried to placate ibos during his last administration.

Big mistakes, ibos cannot be placated. Anything short of taking everything is not good enough for them. 

Can't you see you are washing your dirty linen the public,supporting a mass killer,a prolific rogue,a paedophile,an adulterer and worst of all an incestious individual like obasanjo in the name of tribe?

You could either be two things,an immoral person or a foolish person or both for taking the side of a scum like obasanjo
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by bkbabe90(m): 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2010
This Gen.Abacha we're talking about, is this not the same dUDE OJUKWU supported in killing the innocen KEN SARO WIWA??!!?
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by chuxy12(m): 9:17pm On Jul 17, 2010
sometimes i wonder whether nairaland are just filled wild bunch of untrained kids--just hear all the horrible things being spewed on this thread.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by redsun(m): 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2010
I
chuxy12:

sometimes i wonder whether nairaland are just filled wild bunch of untrained kids--just hear all the horrible things being spewed on this thread.

I hope your idea of training does not mean respecting a miscreant like obasanjo just because he is elderly.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by femmy2010(m): 10:34pm On Jul 17, 2010
Nigeria's problem is beyond Obj.
Was Nigeria a model country b4 the Obj 99-2007 regime?
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 17, 2010
Obj is criminal.

We need to stop seeing things in terms of tribes.

Obj is the most responsible of all ex-leaders for the state we find ourselves today.

He is the leader that has led the country for the longest time in Nigerian history and lead us during sustained high oil prices.

He left Nigeria after 8 un-interrupted years with no elecricity.
decaying infrastructure.
out-of-control corruption.
High crime and  no security.
Falling life expectancy

Disgraceful!!
Nigeria would have been better if Obj was never released from prison.

Who released him? The other western stooge - IBB.

I am begining to realise that Abacha although very corrupt out performed Obj very well.

Obj put us back 30years
IBB put us back 30yrs
both are western stooges, we need to open our eyes. Both must cough up our billions they have looted.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by koruji(m): 12:14am On Jul 18, 2010
Wonders shall never end!

Are we talking about the same Abacha and the same OBJ. Obviously you don't know your history, otherwise how did IBB release OBJ?

Your political angle is obvious - your mentor, the real Gen. Buhari, can be help partly responsible for Abacha's sins against the Nigerian people. In his desperation for some political power he agreed to work for the dark-goggled, bat-like (i.e. only comes out at night) general. That is where you are coming from, so no surprise.

Also, come back and tell us how much electricity Abacha left behind.

GenBuhari:

Obj is criminal.

We need to stop seeing things in terms of tribes.

Obj is the most responsible of all ex-leaders for the state we find ourselves today.

He is the leader that has led the country for the longest time in Nigerian history and lead us during sustained high oil prices.

He left Nigeria after 8 un-interrupted years with no elecricity.
decaying infrastructure.
out-of-control corruption.
High crime and  no security.
Falling life expectancy

Disgraceful!!
Nigeria would have been better if Obj was never released from prison.

Who released him? The other western stooge - IBB.

I am begining to realise that Abacha although very corrupt out performed Obj very well.

Obj put us back 30years
IBB put us back 30yrs
both are western stooges, we need to open our eyes. Both must cough up our billions they have looted.

Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by Nobody: 3:17am On Jul 18, 2010
don't get me wrong, I detest Abacha and wish he had never come to power, but the simple fact is:

that during Abacha's leadership, there was more security / less crime, than during Obj.
Life expectancy was higher.

I detest Abacha because he looted our country, but Obj was far worst!

Obj was is a disgrace!
It was common knowledge amongst reliable sources and knowledgable commentators that IBB pulled the strings behind the scenes to release Obj from prison. Obj and IBB are life long friends and both are thieving western stooges.

koruji:

Are we talking about the same Abacha and the same OBJ. Obviously you don't know your history, otherwise how did IBB release OBJ?

Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by IbrahimB: 5:26am On Jul 18, 2010
@GenBuhari

So Gen Buhari wetin be plans for 2011 now? Abi you no go contest again? We de behind you o! grin
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by koruji(m): 5:35am On Jul 18, 2010
I see. However, you commented on a thread in which Abacha was being glorified and OBJ criminalized.

Security? Abacha? These are two incompatible words, IMHO, with the way his goons ran the country like a killing ground.

We, in Nigeria, are either "blessed" or "cursed" with short memories. The stunt by IBB/Abacha over June 12 represented a fundamental shift in the nature of Nigeria - regardless of how bad the country was before that time. The fruits are what you see today. The groups that were preparing for war over Abacha's plans to convert himself to life president are today's militants, armed robbers and kidnappers.  Each day that passes seems to suggest that our 50th independence anniversary will see the outbreak of war that will not just reshape Nigeria, but the entire West African region, if nothing is done really fast!

GenBuhari:

don't get me wrong, I detest Abacha and wish he had never come to power, but the simple fact is:

that during Abacha's leadership, there was more security / less crime, than during Obj.
Life expectancy was higher.

I detest Abacha because he looted our country, but Obj was far worst!

Obj was is a disgrace!
It was common knowledge amongst reliable sources and knowledgable commentators that IBB pulled the strings behind the scenes to release Obj from prison. Obj and IBB are life long friends and both are thieving western stooges.

Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by WilyWily5: 11:36am On Aug 02, 2010
The greatest failure of Abacha as a creature was his failure to kill many Yorubas

(1) (2) (Reply)

Museveni Repression Of Ugandans In Pictures / What Does Naija Mean? pics / Okene Killings: Lawmaker, Top Public Functionaries Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.