Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone (8983 Views)

Simple Ways To Fix Your Phone’s Charging Port Yourself (easy Tricks) / 5 Simple Ways To Be A More Mindful Smartphone User / 5 Simple Ways To Give Your Old Smartphone A Speed Boost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by izzyboi(m): 11:50pm On Oct 23, 2018
Are you thinking of getting a new phone or you just got one recently? A quality phone is quite expensive and you definitely want it to last long. There are some things you should do to make your phone last longer and to look good at the same time. Read on to learn how to care for your phone.

1. Keep it dry

A very quick way to ruin your phone is to allow liquids pour on it. Water is the major culprit here. Keep your phone. away from. the rain and be extremely careful when using it near open water like pools, ponds, streams or toilets.

2. Don't drop your phone

Another common cause of phone damage is dropping it. Hold your phone firmly to prevent it from dropping.

Also, put your phone securely in your pocket while not using it and avoid leaving your phone on table edges or where it can easily drop to the floor.

3. Keep your phone away from children.

Children can be so careless in handling your phone so you should keep it away from them. They may end up breaking it, dropping it in water or even misplacing it.

4. Avoid extremes

Your phone will malfunction or get damaged if you use it in extreme temperatures. Don't leave your phone sitting in the car on a hot sunny day or leave it in a cold place like a refrigerator.

5. Protect the screen

One of the most annoying and disappointing things is to get a scratch on the screen of a new phone. Well, you can protect a scratch or crack by investing in a good screen protector.

6. Invest in a case

A case will protect your phones from falls and scratches. It will also help in making your phone look new and might protect it from internal damage that results from falls. Another added advantage is that a case can make your phone look beautiful and unique.

7. Take your phone with you always if possible

Never let your phone out of your sight. Avoid lending people unless it's really necessary as accidents can happen. And if you're giving to someone, make sure he's responsible.

8. Protect it from theft

A damage is not the only thing that can take away your phone from you. Phones are valuable so they can be stolen by thieves. Keep this in mind and protect it.

https://www.listdorm.com/2018/10/8-simple-ways-to-care-for-your-phone.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by teflonjake(m): 7:44am On Oct 24, 2018
I am 100% convinced that every Nigerian knows this...The battle to get an expensive phone is en!

2 Likes

Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by Abiboss: 7:44am On Oct 24, 2018
Thanks op
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by lekanolaolu: 7:46am On Oct 24, 2018
Thanks for this
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 24, 2018
Nice tips.
If your phone accidentally falls into water, quickly do the following
1. Switch off the phone and remove the battery. If its non removable then switch it off only
2. Put it in a bag of rice for like a week

3 Likes

Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by femtex007(m): 7:47am On Oct 24, 2018
Thank u
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by porshnuel: 7:49am On Oct 24, 2018
Phones r really expensive oh
Nd nairaland is one of the main reason I can't stay far from my phone even wen charging

2 Likes

Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by IamPlato(m): 7:53am On Oct 24, 2018
QueenBelle:
Nice tips.
1. Switch off the phone and remove the battery. If its non removable then switch it off only

A Week Is Too Much... How Did You Know About The Rice Bag trick
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by qanda: 7:55am On Oct 24, 2018
Ok
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 24, 2018
IamPlato:

A Week Is Too Much... How Did You Know About The Rice Bag trick
I read it online when my friends F5 fell into water
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by IamPlato(m): 8:01am On Oct 24, 2018
QueenBelle:
I read it online when my friends F5 fell into water

I Learnt That From A Movie "Knock Knock"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by Bestchoice4me(m): 8:02am On Oct 24, 2018
I have been hearing diz from different angles but i dont take it serious, pls tell me, if a phone is fully soaked in water and u struggle to retrieve it like after 3 mins, does this trick still works?
QueenBelle:
Nice tips.

Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by cooldipo(m): 8:02am On Oct 24, 2018
Hmmmm.... E make sense!
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by mechanics(m): 8:07am On Oct 24, 2018
QueenBelle:
Nice tips.

hmmmmm, the rice someone will eat again.
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 24, 2018
Bestchoice4me:
I have been hearing diz from different angles but i dont take it serious, pls tell me, if a phone is fully soaked in water and u struggle to retrieve it like after 3 mins, does this trick still works?
don't remove it quickly or else you want to damage your phone. Let the rice suck all the water out. Give it time
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 24, 2018
mechanics:
hmmmmm, the rice someone will eat again.
its just water now, abi you store something else inside your phone ni?
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 24, 2018
IamPlato:

I Learnt That From A Movie "Knock Knock"
okay. Is it horror?
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by mechanics(m): 8:10am On Oct 24, 2018
QueenBelle:
its just water now, abi you store something else inside your phone ni?
Lolz, nop, to me it's risky o.
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 24, 2018
mechanics:
Lolz, nop, to me it's risky o.
how is it risky?
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by mechanics(m): 8:13am On Oct 24, 2018
QueenBelle:
how is it risky?
putting phone inside what someone will still eat, it's not proper.
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 24, 2018
mechanics:
holy Mary!
What kind of vermin would eat a phone?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by mechanics(m): 8:17am On Oct 24, 2018
QueenBelle:
holy Mary! What kind of virmin would eat a phone?
Easy na, stop shouting abeg o.
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 24, 2018
mechanics:
Easy na, stop shouting abeg o.
sorry o

1 Like

Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by mechanics(m): 8:20am On Oct 24, 2018
QueenBelle:
sorry o
better, have you tried it before.
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by IamPlato(m): 8:20am On Oct 24, 2018
QueenBelle:
okay. Is it horror?

Of Cause. I Love Horror movies
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 24, 2018
IamPlato:

Of Cause. I Love Horror movies
I hate them
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 24, 2018
I can not watch them if my roomie isn't around.
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by bigt2(m): 8:21am On Oct 24, 2018
grin grin
And you call yourself a mechanic
mechanics:

Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 24, 2018
mechanics:
better, have you tried it before.
yes, though not with a smartphone. When I was still in secondary school then, I used a Nokia 110

1 Like

Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by IamPlato(m): 8:22am On Oct 24, 2018
QueenBelle:
I hate them

Lol. They Are Great Movies, they Help Me Build Great Story Lines... What Do You Hate About It
Re: 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 24, 2018
IamPlato:

Lol. They Are Great Movies, they Help Me Build Great Story Lines... What Do You Hate About It
the horror and suspense

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facebook Application For Symbian Phones / Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users / HOT!!! How To Get Unlimited Free Credit To Make Mtn To Mtn Calls Easily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.