Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,133 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Money Over Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Money Over Love (2784 Views)

New Story By Jones Kwesi Tagbor : Money Over Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 8:07am On Oct 24, 2018
Money Over Love
A Story by Jones Kwesi Tagbor

Growing up as an orphan, Makafui was left under the care of his aunty who turned him into her slave to do all the farm jobs as well as the home. He was denied the opportunity to school since all his time was spent working on the farm.

After relocating to an abandoned uncomplicated building along the way to the farm, he heard a voice asking him to move away from the village and fight for his life elsewhere.

Luckily, he met Vero who was from a rich home. Makafui was employed as a house boy in Vero’s family house. Vero later on fell in love with makafui and seduced him to sleep with her which ended up in pregnancy. Precious, who happened to be Vero’s sister was equally interested in Makafui. The family of Vero were against their marriage because Makafui was poor.

Money over love is a story which seeks to inform and inspire the elderly and the youth concerning love relationship and money. Why money is not all that we need to make a happy home.

Source: www.youngicee.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 8:09am On Oct 24, 2018
Money Over Love Episode 1
© Jones Kwesi Tagbor
All Rights Reserved
Religiously, it is said that too much love for money is the root of all evil. Well, that can be true to some extent. Money in its own way is also good in one’s life. With money, this world becomes an interesting place to live. I can tell you that with money, people are able to escape death. You can eat good food and have the maximum fun in life. At the same time, you can become a slave to this money if you are not content with the little you have. To live an average life is ok. Just believe in investment and the money will come by itself. Let beyond the sky be your limit but make sure you don’t crash in space. Too much of everything turns to be bad, hence too much love for money tends to increase ones ability to become more anxious in life and turns to make him/her make a whole lot of mistakes in his or her dealings. Am still wondering who loves money the most. Men or women?
Romantics claim money can’t buy love. Proving that, though may not even be possible, since love is not as simple as arithmetic. What has been evident throughout human history, however, is that money does have the power to either make or break a relationship. Those who aren’t driven by greed might believe financial matters will never stand between them and their partners, but sometimes that turns out to be wrong. In our part of the world, I mean Africa, a young lady would select money over love. When asked, she will give you a chicky response; “na love I go chop? na love I go take keep my looks?” etc.
Years of previous research have turned up compelling evidence that materialism isn’t great for anybody. Multiple studies have found that people who are materialistic are also more anxious, depressed, and insecure than non-materialistic types. A stronger love for money has also been linked to trouble at home, as these individuals tend not to balance family evenly with work.
You may not agree with me on the above assertions but let me use my own life as a case for you to understand where am coming from. Most ladies of today may at the end learn something from my story.
Very unfortunate for me, I had a very horrible beginning. Nobody had ever thought I could be who I am today but I will continue to give thanks and praise to God almighty for saving me from shame. With Christ in you, there is always hope for the future. Just believe in yourself, trust in God and be hardworking. I was named Agbanavor by my peers when I was growing up. The name my parents gave to me when I was born is Makafui. I will tell you how come I had that name Agbanavor from my peers.
“Agbanavor” is a phrase in ewe literally interpreted as “the one for credit is finished.” Yes, this was because all the food vendors in my village; Torve in the Akatsi south constituency of the Volta region got to know me as the boy who always buy food on credit and promise to pay when he gets money from his “by day jobs” on the sugarcane farm for people. So by seeing me coming close to where they sell their food, they will start telling their customers that “agbana vor” meaning no credit.
Sometimes if I don’t want to be embarrassed, I will return hungry or go and steal sugarcane from the farm of people. You may ask if I don’t have family. I really do have a very large family just as every other human being has a family on this earth but the regular saying for most families including mine in this part of the world is; “everybody for himself, God for us all.”
I grew up to meet none of my parents. Yes, I was told that my mother passed on during labour, after she had given birth to me. According to what I heard, it was negligence on the part of the local midwife who was helping my mom in dedelivery at home. My mother died out of Postpartum Haemorrhage (PPH). This is loss of blood estimated to be >500 ml, from the genital tract, within 24 hours of delivery. Because there was no proper monitoring on my mother, as well as no health care facility in the village, she died.
I will advise women to visit the hospitals for prenatal care and delivery when pregnant. I was then given to one woman who also gave birth about a week before my mother to take care of me. My father provided her with all she needed to take care of me. After three years of this external mother care, my father fell very ill. He was not able to go to farm nor do anything for himself. He had no one around to even cook for him so very unfortunately, he also passed on. The painful aspect was that they spent millions of Ghana cedis on his funeral. Must it always be so?
People said I was an evil child and that was why I could lost both parents at my tender age. Due to this, the woman taking care of me sent me back to my auntie at the age of three (3) to continue with the care because she claimed she feared I will use my evil spirit to destroy her family. My aunty accepted me and took care of me.
At the age of ten, my aunty felt stressed out in providing for me. So seeing that I had developed some few muscles, turned me into her bulldozer on her farm. At the age of ten, I started working on the farm. You dare say child labour, she would let you understand that in life, we don’t say everything. Somethings are just for the eyes and not for the mouth.
I saw my colleagues going to school but I never had anything to do with school. My duty was to wake up early in the morning and set off to the farm because the pledge I was thought was “no farm no food, so help me God!” Everybody could attest to the fact that I was hardworking because I never rest when I get to the farm. My resting time means I’ve closed for the day. This went on for about three years so at the age of thirteen, I had never stepped foot in the classroom.
I do ask myself this question, can’t a person become what God ordained him/her to be without going to school? After all our education system has fallen. People who never stepped foot in the classroom are inventing and employing the highly educated. Anyway I leave that to you to assess.
My auntie had two children and she cherished them like gold. They even didn’t know the direction to their mother’s farm but they were aware their mother had a farm. Her children were all in school but very unfortunate for them, they were not academically sound. This time around, my auntie associated the poor performances of her children to my presence in that house. She said I have bewitched her children because she also believed I was an evil child.
Come to think of it, this woman was always having bumper harvest and I kept asking myself that if it was so, why didn’t I bewitched her farm as well. She started treating me inhumanly. Even to eat was a tag of war for me. This went on for several years.
On my way to the farm one day, I discovered a house somewhere in the bush. I went closer and realized there was no one in it. The place too looked bushy so instead of going to the farm, I spent my day clearing the place. I cleared the place and cleaned the room. Per history, some people stayed there before but left to the city and abandoned the place due to reasons best known to them. I informed my aunt about it. I told her I might relocate to this place.
I got my own place and decided to move out there. My auntie knowing she won’t get me for her shoddy works again didn’t want to allow me go. I also insisted on leaving so she said I was no longer her responsibility. I started working on the farm for other people to make money for myself.
Because I could not always stay hungry, I do buy food on credit so that when I get some job, I payback. I became fond of buying on credit so on my usual routine to buy on credit one afternoon, the vendor shouted at me even before I got closer to say my reason for coming that “agbana tor vor ” meaning the one for credit is finished.
My peers around used this as a name for me and gradually it became my name in the community. But despite my hardship, I never begged for food. I saw begging as something that will make me look more poor so resorted to hardwork. Heaven they say, helps those who help themselves.
Anywhere I passed, people called me Agbanavor. Upon all these, my Aunty will not let me have peace. I just didn’t know what exactly she wants from me. I was gradually turning into a wayward child. Hmm to grow up without both parents around could be something else. Always be thankful to God if you have your parents around you. Even if they don’t have, their presence alone is enough. You may get their advise and guidance.
Are ghosts real? One day, I saw someone look like my father but I don’t know if he was a ghost or I was hallucinating. Interesting days ahead. Follow me to the next episode to appreciate the irony of life.
To be continued

Read Episode 2 here - http://youngicee.com/2018/08/money-over-love-episode-2.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Money Over Love by skubido(m): 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2018
Following,,,

Oya to d irony of lyf
Re: Money Over Love by donaldphilipizu(m): 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2018
following
Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 12:33am On Oct 25, 2018
Money Over Love Episode 2
© Jones Kwesi Tagbor
All Rights Reserved

I was in my new found room one night and suddenly, I saw a man dressed in all white coming towards me. My adrenal glands started shooting profusely and gradually the image was moving towards me. There was only one entrance and that was the exact direction the image was coming from.

I was afraid but the energy to fight got activated in me and I badly wanted to fight whatever it was but on a second thought, I decided to run instead. “Don’t be afraid, am for peace my son!” echoed the voice behind the image. In a very confused manner, I stood with my hands and legs shaking like an epileptic seizure. The voice continued, “never look down upon yourself. You have greater potentials in you, rise up and start moving. On your way you will come across many things and all you need to do is to wise up and take the right decisions. Remember there are naysayers, never underate them though but never let them pull you down either. Your mission is to come back and complete what I have started.”

A dog started barking very loudly, the wind was getting more stronger and suddenly a heavy thunder strike. This was when I woke up and realized I was dreaming. I woke up in fear. The darkness was very thick to the extent that you could see a firefly from a distance. It was raining and looking at the time, it was around midnight. I sat on my mat and started thinking deep about the dream. I don’t even know much about prayers but that night, I felt the need to pray. I said “Please help me to understand this dream more oh God.” I didn't know when I went into sleep again.

Soon it was morning. I went to the stream to take my bath and in the process, I had a playback of the dream and this time around I was getting some understanding. I had the feeling that, it was best for me to live the village to another town to get greener pastures as suggested by the voice, but the question was where should I go and by what means was I supposed to go? I asked myself.

While still thinking aloud, some ladies came in their numbers to fetch water from the stream. Among them was the lady I was planning to put to bed. She was very good looking but guys around said she was hard to get. I quickly dressed up and went closer to them. My main reason for going there was to get the attention of this lady.

Majestically and skillfully, I got to where they were. I waved at them and as usual, they gave me the fans. “Agbanavor! Agbanavor!!” I responded cheerfully. I signalled my target to come. At the moment, all her friends became quiet and matched her move towards me.

Me: “I'm Makafui but popularly known as Agbanavor which you already know. You look so bright this morning. How are you?”

“Well, am fine, but why did you call me here?” She asked.

Me: “Honestly, I wish we could get a better place to sit and discuss my reason for calling. Do you mind if I ask you to meet me around the palm wine sellers joint this afternoon?”

“Gentleman, so you can’t even respect yourself before even talking of respecting others. Looking at me do I look like a cheap girl that you can meet at a palm wine seller’s joint? Next time look for your class and go out with them. Excuse me.” She said and walked out on me.

Frustrated as I was, I couldn’t look at the direction of where her friends were. Quietly, I walked back home feeling bad. At home, I assessed myself and realized I won’t be able to get any lady should I remain in this my poor condition. “This hand to mouth life am living in this village cannot take me anywhere.” I remembered the voice telling me to rise up and move.

I then decided to work more and save some money to travel. But prior to that, I started associating myself with town boys who do smoke and chase after girls. My motive in joining these boys was that, I wanted to teach that lady who disrespected me at the river bank a lesson of a lifetime.

Initially, I thought I was becoming a big boy because people in the town were beginning to fear me also just like they used to fear the gangs. We don’t spare anyone that wronged us especially when we were high on alcohol. I have no one to point my finger to as a family so I do what I want.

My family was my friends who unfortunately were friends who had no vision. All they were interested in was what to eat for the day and how to get beautiful girls to bed. While thinking aloud one silent dawn in my room, I saw my life going back instead of moving forward from the day I joined the town boys. I had the feeling that my friends can never bring out anything good in me simply because there was no single day they brought up a productive topic for discussion.

“I think I should travel to Accra. Yes, let me travel to Accra and make my life better. Besides, the voice asked me to leave so what am I still doing here?” I said to myself.

I woke up, took my “Ghana must go” bag, picked some few dresses and around 7:30am, I was by the roadside waiting for the Accra bus. Some friends saw me and asked where I was going. I told them I wanted to check something at "up town" and come back.

While waiting for the bus, one of the food vendors that I was owing bumped on me. “Agbana where are you going?” She asked. “Eeermm Mommy, I was called for some contract at Accra so am going. I will return in three days.” Before she could say more, I’ve stopped a car leading to Accra. I hopped in and goodbye to Torve.

The fact was I don’t know the specific part of Accra I was going. I was 19 years of age by then but with bigger muscles. In the bus, there was this lady sitting beside me. She seem to be worried about something per my observation. The very unfortunate thing was that she was speaking Twi (a local language in Ghana). I wished I could ask her what her problem was but didn’t know how to go about it. I looked into her face and made a sign of a smile but she never smiled back. I felt she didn’t notice I was smiling so I waved at her this time around. She looked at me and smiled. I spoke Ewe (my native language) and greeted her. She responded and thanks be to God, she understood my language too. I asked what her problem was but she ignored that question.

The lady look rich and very beautiful. I decided to alight at wherever she will alight. Soon, she told the conductor that she would alight at the next bus stop. I asked the conductor how much it will cost me if I alight at the next bus stop. He mentioned the amount and the lady bedside me asked if I was going there too. I said yes. She said I shouldn’t worry with the fair so she will take care of it. “Madam just like that?” I asked. At every point in time, God will plant someone in your life to rescue you from destruction. But not all these people are to be there for you always. With some after their mission, they will be off. This lady was one of them.

To be continued

Read more here- www.youngicee.com/category/money-over-love

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Money Over Love by donaldphilipizu(m): 6:30am On Oct 25, 2018
so much ln love wit dis super story.....wow u r killing it
Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 6:49am On Nov 01, 2018
Money Over Love Episode 3
® PG
© Jones Kwesi Tagbor
All Rights Reserved
“It’s okay don’t worry” she said and smiled. We got down together and she asked where exactly I was going. “Hmm madam I don’t really know oo. I’m just looking for a place to settle. I left my town simply to find myself some work to do.” I said to her sounding very sober. “OK I understand. Then you are welcome to Kpone (a town along Sege-Accra road). So do you have any specific place to stay?” She asked. “not really madam. Am now going into the town to search for a place to even pass my night.” I replied. “Oh OK, by the way what’s your name?” She asked. “Makafui” I answered. “I mean your full name.” She added.
Actually I don’t know if I should use my biological family name but since they don’t care about me, I decided to mention something different. “Sorry madam, my name is Makafui Agbanavor.” “You have a very nice name.” She said. Thank you. We were actually moving towards her direction as we had our chat.
Lady: But Makafui have you completed school?
Me: No please. I’ve actually not stepped my foot into a classroom before.
Lady: Oh really! And you traveled to this place to search for job. OK that’s a good decision you’ve made though. So what kind of job are you coming to search for?
Me: madam, I’m ready to do anything that comes my way so far as it’s not illegal.
Lady: Alright. Will you like to work as a house keeper? I mean by washing cars, opening gate, weeding the environment etc.
Me: oh madam why not? So far as I will get my daily bread and save something for my future.
Lady: OK. But I don’t like the way you are calling me madam. You can call me Vero.
Me: OK. But I prefer calling you sis Vero.
Vero: No problem. My father is a business man. He is into network marketing and a deals in cars. He need someone to be taking care of his house. My younger sister is currently in school and am also not staying with them permanently. I do go and come. Our only brother and my mother are the people who you can easily see in the house because our father himself doesn’t stay home due to his work.
Me: Wao! This is like a dream come true. Please am ready to do the work.
Vero: OK. Let’s get to the house so that I introduce you to the family and go into agreement with my father.
I followed her happily to the house and behold, they lived in a very big house. From the top floor, her mother saw us coming and asked who her daughter was bringing to the house. I smiled and Vero also smiled too. When we climbed up to where her mother was, her mother didn’t even wait for her daughter to introduce me before she started talking.
“My daughter, I believe you are not coming to tell me that this is the guy you are following, like I will be very disappointed in you.” Her mother said. “Oh ma, but why won’t you allow me introduce the person first before you start getting disappointed in me? Well, I’ve brought you a new house help. His name is Makafui and I believe he can help with the house cleaning and opening the main gate when a car is coming in.
“Oh ok. Gentleman you are welcome. Are you sure you can do the work?” She asked.
“Yes please I can.” I responded.
“How much are you expecting at the end of the month?” She asked again.
“Mommy any amount is enough for me. Provided I will get a place to lay my head.”
“Alright, when daddy returns from work we will talk about it more.”
Vero stood up and went into her room as I continued to have my chat with her mother. After some few minutes, Vero’s father arrived. A very smart and fresh looking gentleman who was around his late 40s. The first thing he did when he entered was to land a peg on the chicks of his wife. That looked so romantic of them.
“Who is this gentleman?” He asked.
“Your daughter came with her this morning and said she has found us a new house help.” Vero’s mother reported.
“Oh really? Where is she herself?” Her father asked.
“She should be in her room.” Says her mother.
Father: Gentleman you are welcome.
Me: Thank you daddy. Anyway, I will say one thing I learnt from joining those town guys was how to speak broken English.
Father: So how much are we starting with?
Me: Anything you offer me is enough so far as you will accept me.
Father: Oh really. Alright then. Your salary will be based on your output in the house. If at the close of the month I realize your work is good, I will pay you to match your efforts. But why do you prefer to do this work instead of getting something better doing?
Me: Boss every work is better for me. I said speaking ewe.
This was what prompted him to ask of my educational status.
Father: Which school did you complete?
Me: still in ewe “I didn’t attend school”
He looked at me with surprise and said I should be of better behaviour. He said with a good behaviour, I will enjoy my stay in the house.
Vero came out to welcome her father and engaged in some chats about me. Per my observation, they are a very lively family. Soon her father asked her to show me my room. I was thinking she will take me inside, she rather made me to follow her outside. She brought me to the security post just at the entrance.
Initially I felt a bit embarrassed but as we entered, for the first time I was coming to sleep under a fan. There were two rooms inside the security office, one was inside where I will be sleeping and it contains a bed with a wardrobe. She gave the key to me and said I should enjoy my stay. I was very happy to be in that room.
From nowhere to somewhere. That is how God works. He always have a way of rescuing his own. At times He will send His angels in the form of humans to save you from perishing. Some few minutes later, I was invited to join them take lunch. Wao! I couldn’t imagine myself eating on the same table with this great family. At the table, my madam who is Vero’s mother asked if I was having a wife. Obviously the answer was no. She asked other questions just to know a bit more about me. I told them almost everything about myself.
From the death of my parents to how come I had my surname. They sympathised with me as we took the well prepared Rice. I started getting uncomfortable with how Vero was looking directly into my eyes. I was the only one who noticed her looks. I ignored them and continued with my food.
After the food, I helped packed the dishes to the kitchen to wash. Vero came around to help and in the process, asked why till my age I was not dating any lady. I told her I didn’t see myself capable of taking care of a lady that’s why I was not dating. She agreed with me and said she wished me well. Well, I understood her for wishing me well for my stay in the house. Two days later, she went back to her base but before she left, she gave me some money to keep on me so that in case I needed something, I should use it to buy it. I took it and thanked her. I won’t lie to you. This lady was dammed beautiful. She was in her early twenties as I was nineteen. I admired her beauty but how can I express my feelings to her? I asked myself. Not knowing, she was also having another agenda for me. She left and I was asking myself why she looked worried in the bus the other time. Some people try to robe Peter to pay Paul.
To be continued

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/money-over-love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Money Over Love by skubido(m): 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2018
OP tanks for the update
Re: Money Over Love by donaldphilipizu(m): 11:22pm On Nov 01, 2018
interesting
Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 8:03am On Nov 02, 2018
Money Over Love Episode 4
© Jones Kwesi Tagbor
All Rights Reserved
In order to impress the family, I put in much effort when it comes to work. As you already know, I went through hard training from my infant stages. As early as 6am, I had finished with majority of the works in the house and would be waiting for the rest of the people to wake up so that I clean their rooms respectively. The next was to find out from my Boss or madam which car they will be using for the day so that I clean it.
They have five cars but the children were not permitted to use any of them. Gradually, I could sense it that I was really impressing them. Anytime Vero visited, a new dress was assured. She actually clothed me very well to the extent that you will never know I was a house keeper. Junior was almost like a brother to me. He was their last born and my responsibility was to make sure that he was not late for school. He affectionately calls me “Efo” meaning brother.
Exactly three months of my stay in the house, everything moved on well. Vero came around one evening while both parents and Junior were not around. As usual, their father traveled for a business meeting whilst her mother went for a funeral with Junior at their hometown. Precious who followed directly after Vero was a boader in a High school and I was yet to see her in person. Kreee!!! Kreee!!! Kreee!!!!
The main gate doorbell rang continually for three times. To be sure of time, it was around 8:30pm and who was this person looking for at this time? I asked myself.
“Hold on am coming” I said and rushed to the gate. What I saw that evening, you need to see it for yourself because I can’t tell you into deep. You know I was a village boy coming into town so I hardly see some of the things town people do. I realized we were just local village champions back in my village. Someone says travel and see. Come to town and see more swag.
It was Vero behind the gate. She was dressed in a very provocative dress leaving almost all her front mechanical defenders well heaped and glaring into my face. I felt a movement in my “man” immediately. I realized a raise of my flap. I was struggling to make it sleep but it was eager to raise its head. I pushed it in-between my thighs and moved skillfully.
“This is a high class lady and with someone like me who had never stepped my foot into the classroom before. Am not sure I can handle this lady. What a beauty.” I said to myself as I welcomed her. She was fair in complexion with a round flexible shape. She has a bit of body and kept her natural hair long. The most disturbing part was when she gave me that killer look.
Me: you.. you… you are welcome madam. I stammered.
Vero: Thank you but how many times should I tell you not to call me madam? By the way how are you doing?
Me: Sorry about that. Am more than fine this evening. But why did you preferred coming late today?
Vero: The vehicle I took delayed me that’s why. Besides I was busy so I couldn’t set off very early.
Me: But I believe you are aware no one is around.
She said yes as we climbed the staircase to her room. I helped her with her bag.
Vero: Yes am aware they are not around but am here to keep the house in their absence. I’m not feeling very well too so I took some two days sick leave.
Me: oh okay.
I placed her bag on her locker in her room and asked permission to leave. She asked me to get her water to drink of which I did. I also used the opportunity to thank her for all the good things she has been doing for me. I left to my post afterwards.
After few minutes, Vero called me to come over to her from. When I knocked, she said the door wasn’t locked so I should come in. She was standing in front of her dressing mirror and asked me how she looked. I told her she looks beautiful and sexy. The looks were unbearable again when I gave her that complement. “Do you like what you are seeing?” She asked turning herself round for me to see her shapes well.
“Sister Vero please what do you mean by what you just said?” I asked. This lady has some type of look that most men cannot withstand. I couldn’t say anything again after that look. She moved towards me and stood right in front of me. She was looking directly into my face seductively. I could read every bit of line that was about to get activated. She held the color of my shirt and straightened it.
The seduction was very high this time. I just couldn’t imagine what exactly was coming over her that evening. She was highly aroused to the extent that she couldn’t do anything to control herself. The next thing I saw was she removed her top and was left in her Bra. My power as a man got filled with blood and became very hard and strong. Seriously speaking, I was afraid of the aftermath of that particular adventure so I pushed back. She moved passed me and locked the door behind us. The environment was also very quiet so you could clearly hear the sound of the door locking two times. She came back and held me from behind. Opened my buttons and broke the long silence in the room.
Vero: Makafui, seriously speaking I fell for you the very first day I met you on the bus. You’ve demonstrated the quality of a caring man I need. That day, I was very disturbed but no one noticed it than you. I overhead you asking what my problem was but I didn’t respond. People I thought could know it when my mood changes could not even see. Makafui I love you. She held me very tight and almost finished opening my button.
Me: so can you tell me what exactly your problem was that day?
Vero: my guy who took my pride away from me and promised marriage to me has impregnated another lady and this time around, acts like he knows me no more. The worse part is that I aborted a pregnancy which belonged to him all in the name of fake love. We finally broke up that very day that was why I was worried.
This time around she was shedding tears as she talked. I turned to face her and gave her a hug and was asking her to stop crying. She cried like a baby but I tried to calm her down. Her sexual arousal was not a normal one. She was using it as a defense mechanism to avoid pains of her broken heart.
Issues of this sort need to be handled with care. When things like this happens to a lady, you as a guy need not take advantage of the situation and do what she demands of you. As a responsible guy who will like to win the full trust of a lady in this state, you need not take advantage, instead you need to calm her by encouraging her to understand that all was not lost so she would get a better replacement.
She will turn to respect you and even love you more. This is because at this state, they feel hopeless and cheated. Some may even start to have some anxiety disorders or better still, severe situation that can lead to depression which can make them do things they wouldn’t have done if they were to be normal. If they gain their consciousness back and realized you took advantage of them, they may hate you for life. So your responsibility is to control yourself and act appropriately.
Don’t think I was aware of all these that I am telling you now. I fell a victim and had learnt from it. My situation was very difficult though. In the process of talking to her to calm down, she rather had an increased feelings for me. I don’t know if the counsellor will call that client transference. She loosed the zip on her trouser and asked me to close my eyes. She then said I should open. Oh my words! Everything was off this lady.
Quickly I had a flashback of what the voice told me in my room. ” ….try to make a good decision on your way because you will come across a lot of things. Your decision determines your success. Rise up and move… ”
As I was thinking about how to control the situation, Vero was becoming more vivacious and succulent. I was lost and didn’t know what to chose. Either to satisfy my strong and long harboured sexual desire or satisfy my super ego and small integrity left in me. To be honest, the animal part of a person most times override the moral part so Vero fell a pray that evening. I was carried off by the hairy erotic and glamorous beauty standing in front of me tolly naked. Everything happened on the woolen carpet. I actually gave out my best performance that evening. After thirty minutes of continues labour, we both became extremely tired and slept on the carpet till the following morning. Around 6:30am, we were still not awake.
Peeee!!! Peeee!!! Peee!!!!
“Hey Makafui, Daddy is back wakeup.” Vero said to me. I jumped like a cat gauging a pray. I got to the door and opened the gate.
” Where have you been? I’ve been blowing my horn for some time now. ” said father.
Me: Eermm! Daddy sorry I was arranging some one or two things in the room that’s why I couldn’t hear you earlier. I saw Vero looking at us through the window but her father didn’t noticed it. I helped her father to the room. He looked tired so as soon as he entered, he went to take his shower. I quickly arranged things in the hall and made sure everything was in its place.
Foolishly, I left the key to my room in Vero’s room. You need to pass through the hall before going to vero’s room and Daddy has also come to sit in the hall watching his news paper review after his bath. My phone was also in the room so there was no way I could call Vero to bring me the key.
“Makafui!!” Daddy called. I ran to attend to the call only to see Vero also sitting in the hall with my keys. Her father asked me to sit down.
“So far how many months have you done with us?” Daddy asked . “please three and few days sir.” I responded. “OK but why is your key with vero?” He asked. “Oh thank you. I was actually looking for it, I didn’t know where I left it after cleaning the hall.” I lied. His phone rang and received the call. Vero was looking directly into my face making me to suspect something dangerous ahead of me.
Has the secret been revealed? What is going to be the faith of Makafui in that house? Will he regret what happened?
To be continued

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 6:35am On Nov 04, 2018
Money Over Love Episode 5
© Jones Kwesi Tagbor
All Rights Reserved
It was the call from his wife informing him that they were on their way back home. First thing after the call, he mentioned my name. I stood up in response with my hands at my back. I was feeling very nervous because there was no way I could guess what was about to come out of his mouth or what was about to happen to me. I was as scared as the soldier whose ears were slashed down by Peter’s sword.
“Oh sit down, but why are you looking so nervous within yourself?” He asked. My guilty conscience was really at work. “Nothing daddy am fine, nothing is worrying me.” I responded anxiously. Vero kept looking at my face. “How old are you now?” Daddy asked. This man’s questions were actually increasing my fear. Something was telling me to go ahead by apologizing for what I did but on a second thought, I decided to hold on. “Please I will be twenty in the next two months.” With a very sober voice I answered. “Oh that’s fine. Meaning Vero is three years older than you are. And you are two years older than Precious my daughter in school.” He said sounding very relaxed.
His attention was drawn to an issue mentioned on TV. He was actually doing two things at a time. Watching the news paper review and asking me the questions. They read a headline which was about the meeting he just returned from so it got his attention more. “Vero that was the meeting I attended over the week.” Daddy said to Vero drawing her attention also to that particular segment of the review. Vero was happy for the father and asked when he will take her with him to any of such meetings. This suggested to me that there was no cause for alarm since they had that friendly talk. If there should be any problem, I don’t think this chat could come up.
“Makafui”, daddy called again. This time I only looked into his face. “I’ve studied you over the past few days you spent with us and I could see you should be a well cultured and respectful boy. You are equally hardworking and smart. I had wanted to register you to be part of my network marketing firm but you can’t read nor write. I will enroll you on this adult education class so that you could learn the basic skills of reading and writing.
From today, you are part of this family since you complained of not having a family. “I couldn’t believe myself hearing all these pronouncements from this man. I don’t know if I was dreaming like how it happened in my village. This one was very real. I was very happy to the extent that my anxiety and nervousness got vanished.
“Daddy, hmm am lost of words. Thank you for believing in me and all the compliments you rained on me. Thank you sister Vero for finding me when I was lost. Being part of this family is more or less granting me a ticket to heaven. Am grateful.” I said with tears of joy on my face. Vero was happy for me as well. This informed me that when men disowned you, God never did so we always need to have hope for a better tomorrow if today looks very blurry.
God will always send angels in the form of men to redirect your path just like He did for Archbishop Nicholas Duncan Williams. So my brothers and sisters let’s continue to believe and trust in God for a better tomorrow. But we also need to work to experience what God has for us. If you sit at one place expecting Mana from heaven, then believe you me, you will remain there for very long time. The choices you make along your fight for breakthrough also counts. If you take the wrong path, be prepared to face the consequences.
I was still thanking them when mommy arrived at the gate and blew the horn of her car. I ran out to open the gate and also ushered them inside. After helping them in, I collected the key from Vero and whispered to her that I left the security phone in her room. She nodded and made a sign language telling me that she will bring it to me. I left them and went out to trim the flowers in front of the house. Vero went inside and put the phone into her purse ready to bring it to me outside. Before she could come out, daddy called the phone to ask me to wash a particular car for him. The phone rang from Vero’s purse which they all heard. “Is that not the security phone ringing form your purse?” Daddy asked her. “Yes dad, you know Makafui doesn’t know how to read. The network providers sent a message which he couldn’t read so he brought it to me to read for him. They were just asking him to subscribe to a caller tune. I was explaining it to him when you arrived at the gate so he left the phone with me.” Vero lied smartly.
I wonder where she got that well planned lines from. Daddy told her why he was calling so when she brought the phone, she delivered the message. She asked why I was nervous initially when daddy was asking me questions about me. “Sister Vero, I thought the secret has been revealed. I nearly out of fear let the cat out of the basket.” I said to her. “You nearly did what? How on earth must I report you for something I started and enjoyed badly? You are lucky you did nothing like that.” She said. She smiled and left to the room.
Two days later whilst at dinning taking breakfast with the family, Precious, their 18 years old daughter called madam. She informed her that they had vacated so first thing the following day, she will be home. Madam informed the family after the call about the content of her daughter’s call.
Father: yea Makafui, Precious is your sister in the boarding school. She will be coming home tomorrow for the Christmas holidays.
He advised that I should take good care of his children so that we could live in unity and as a family. He warned me not to disrespect any of them because he cherished them a lot. He also advised Vero and Junior to also accept me as their brother. After everything, I went to my post when Junior came to inform me that his sister, Vero sent for me. I asked Junior to be at the post for me while I check on his sister. Junior was equally a nice guy.
As usual, Vero saw me through the window that I was coming alone. I knocked but she didn’t respond. I pushed the door opened and Vero was on her bed and signalled me to come and join her in bed. “sister, everybody is around and we may have problem if we are caught.” I said to her. She ignored what I was saying and started loosing her clothes. The door was also not locked. I pounced on her and went on a one round raw journey.
Junior was feeling lonely at the post because I was not coming so he decided to come to his sister’s room. I was busy with the sister when we heard his footsteps approaching. Hurriedly, I dressed up and was pretending as if I was fixing his sister’s radio when he entered. Vero was in her bed and asked Junior to go get her water from the fridge. I left the room as soon as Junior went to take the water. I made a cross thanking God he didn’t catch us. Honestly I was enjoying my stay in that house. I had everything any man would wish for. One thing we don’t know is that we can ran but we can’t hide forever. One day the bucket will get full.
Around 10am the following morning, Precious was at the entrance in a taxi. I needed to open my eyes wider to see what I was seeing because I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I swallowed saliva about ten times in a role. I thought Vero was the prettiest lady I saw but to be honest, Precious was a super beauty. Even the voice she used to respond to my welcome almost sent me into coma. Her voice was like some dance hall artist I know of. But one thing I suspected about her was that she would be a rude and a too-knowing girl. I helped her to her room and on our way to the room, she asked me who I was. I told her I was their new house help. Oh is that so? I’m lucky then. Help clean the room neatly and let me know when you are done. This lady made me do all the dirty work in her room. I swept and arranged her room. She gave me some unnecessary commands at which I almost lost my temper.
Her beauty and character doesn’t match at all. I respected her enough and did almost everything she requested for. Later in the day, a welcome dinner was made and at the dinning, their father introduced me again as one of them and laid more emphasis on the need for respect for one another.
Vero left that evening to where she do come from. Actually she works as a personal secretary to a Member of Parliament. After she left, I began admiring Precious seriously. She seems to be a different case so she doesn’t like giving me the chance to interact with her. She sees me as a mere house keeper which was far below her standard. Despite the good times I do have with her elder sister, I still got my eyes on devouring her.
Daddy was ready to buy the form for me to start my adult education class. One evening, I accidentally entered Precious’ room without knocking. I thought she was out so I went to clean her room when I saw her only in her panties. She quickly covered herself and I also went out of the room immediately.
She came out to meet me outside and said she was going to report me. I pleaded with her and told her that it was a mistake. In her presence, Vero called my line. She doesn’t sound well so I asked if she was fine. She said she was expecting her menses but it was not coming. “What! Please I will call you back.” I said and hanged up. Daddy saw me and I also saw him but I remained calmed.
“What is wrong with my sister because I heard her voice in the call you just had.” Precious asked. “Oh yeah she is the one but said she was not very fine. I wanted to inform mom about it with immediate effect.” I said. “Are you sure about this?” She asked. “Oh but why should I lie to you small madam?” I replied. She came to sit inside my security post and asked “what did you see when you opened the door on me?” I was shocked when she asked me that. “Nothing. I saw nothing please.” I answered.
“I will like to see you around 10pm in my room this evening. Don’t let anyone see you when coming. She said and went out.
Will Makafui be able to achieve his dreams in this house with the kind of life he was living? Was vero Pregnant?

Read more here - http://youngicee.com/category/money-over-love
Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 7:11am On Nov 05, 2018
Money Over Love Episode 6
© Jones Kwesi Tagbor
All Rights Reserved
“I will like to see you around 10pm in my room this evening. Don’t let anyone see you when coming. She said and went out. ” bur..bur.. but I hope there is no problem? ” I said with a choked voice as she walked out. She turned and gave me some serious look and continued with her move.
Confused as I was, I didn’t know what exactly was happening. I sat back and saw the phone ringing again. It was Vero. “Sis Vero sorry I was a bit busy when you first called. Please can you repeat what you said earlier? Because am sure I didn’t get you well.” I said when I picked up. “Makafui you heard me right. My menses is supposed to come but it hasn’t come. Am afraid I’m pregnant.” She said.
“Sis Vero are you very sure of what you are saying? Or you just want to scare me?” I asked. “Why should I tell you such a lie?” She asked back. I could sense the earth vibrating under my foot. Under fan and an airy environment, sweat started gushing out of my skin as if I was working at a bakery. “Sis Vero I think you should check first at the hospital so that we know what to do before it gets out of hand.” I said to her sounding very caring.
“So what happens if I check and it’s true that I’m pregnant?’ She asked. “I don’t even know what next but please you go and check first. She said okay and hanged up. I was really really in a state of cacophony at that very moment. Junior came around to my place and said her mother has sent for me. I followed him to attend to the call.
“Makafui, I want you to learn driving so that you can be driving me. Of late am facing some challenges with my sight.” She said. “No problem ma.” I responded. “Is everything okay with you? You don’t look very fine. ” I’m ok ma, everything is fine.” I replied. “I saw Precious coming over to your place this morning and I want to believe she didn’t say anything that made you to have a bad mood because I know she can easily do that.” She tried in her own way to let me tell her what my worry was but I stood firm not to mess up.
Precious came into the room. “Mum so what is wrong with sis Vero?” She asked as soon as she entered. “Have you heard something bad about her somewhere?” Mum asked. “Makafui didn’t you tell mum what sister said? Or you were lying to me?” Madam started looking into my face. “What happened to my daughter?” Mum asked. “She said she was not very fine and was going to the hospital for treatment.” I said.
“But why didn’t she tell me about it and was telling you instead?” She asked and took her phone to call her. Precious was eager to hear what her sister got to say. “Hello Vero, why should you fall sick and instead of calling me, you rather called Makafui?”she asked. ” oh it is not anything serious that’s why I didn’t border to tell you. I just tried checking on him and ended up telling him I was not fine.” Vero was able to convince her mum that there was no cause for alarm. That at least calmed my nerves a bit. I went back to my duty post and started thinking about how the good things about to come my way will turn around should Vero get pregnant. Quickly I remembered some herbs I know of which was presumed to be mostly used for abortion back in the village. I just heard it is being used but I’ve not seen anyone try it.
“Should I sit back and see me become a member of dads network marketing business and mum’s chief driver just go away like that?” I asked myself. Suddenly Vero’s highly expected call came in. I was very much afraid to answer it so I looked at it to ring to an end. “God I pray this lady doesn’t get pregnant because if she does, the probability of me staying in this house will be very low. Even her mum and dad will say I’ve disappointed them because they really believed in me.” I prayed. I went deep into my subconscious mind doing some permutations and mutations to see if my matrices could be congruent.
Daddy was ready to leave for a program so I went to open the gate for him. Students were on vacation so Junior was equally home. He came around to my place when Vero called again. Junior at the time was teaching me the name of some items in English. I wish you know how this guy was deceiving me when it got to difficult words. I excused him and went into the inner room to receive the call.
Vero: Makafui it has happened oo. The doctor said I’m two weeks pregnant.
I remained speechless for almost five minutes after she vomited those poisonous words from her mouth.
Vero: are you there?
Me: yes…..yes am there. Hmm so Sis Vero what are we going to do now?”
Vero: Get yourself ready to marry me. That’s the only option available. And you need to do that fast.
Me: hmm but you should have protected yourself from getting pregnant at the first place. You know what you are saying is not as easy as you say it. Do you know what it takes to pay for your bride price? How do we even tell your parents?
Vero: stop asking me questions and plan how to inform my parents. Why didn’t you also protect yourself. But Makafui am happy I’m pregnant for you.
Me: Vero I want us to terminate the pregnancy.
Vero: look you should be joking. Are you expecting me dead or what? I am not doing abortion.
From my view point, I won’t advice abortion to any lady reading about my story. If the pregnancy does not have any medical health complications which will affect you, try and maintain it. Because on moral grounds, it’s an act of murder. It is also a very big risk doing it without the help of a medical practitioner because there is a fifty percent chance of you coming out safe and fifty percent chance of joining the unborn baby to your early grave. It equally has psychosocial implications which if not handled with care can lead the individual into severe mental health conditions. Who knows, that child would one day solve the problems of this world. Who knows you were aborting the person to save your family from its current situation? Why kill an innocent child? I know someone who had ever practiced this dreadful act is feeling guilty of what she has done. The men who fueled it are not out from my critique. But I understand, probably you didn’t weigh the consequences, you saw it as normal or as a means to prevent disappointments . So far as you are feeling sorry for what you have done, I won’t say you are condemned. God sent his son Jesus Christ to earth for people like you and I. Accept Him as your Lord and Saviour and I can assure you that He has forgiven you. Go and sin no more.
I wish I was aware of some of these things like I wouldn’t even have mentioned it to Vero. In my own way, I planned on influencing her to abort it. We ended the call and I went out to meet Junior. Precious was with him when I came out. I feared she heard what I was saying on the phone.
Me: oh Precious you are here. Hope all is well.
Precious: yes am fine. Mommy said she is about to go to town so you should clean her Vectra for her.
Me: OK.
I went out and completed the work. Mommy came out and said she may come a bit late so I should take good care of the house. Meaning it will be left with Precious, Junior and I. After she left, we all moved to the hall to watch TV. Precious went to change into a very hot dress as if she was going to the beach.
Junior: sister are you going to the beach?
Precious: shut up. Everything you want to ask. Am not going to any beach.
I only sat down looking at them doing their own thing. We went to the dinning hall and took the supper mum prepared before leaving. I made sure Junior took his bath. Precious began doing all she could to draw my attention to her but because of the heavy load on my head, it was rather a mixed feeling. Soon she asked Junior to go and sleep but Junior too doesn’t want to.
Junior said said he was afraid of being in the room alone. He do sleep in the same room with mum. In no time, he fell asleep on the sofa. Precious knowing her brother was asleep, came to stand in front of me. I remained seated so she pushed me backward and slept on me. Immediately, I remembered how it happened between myself and her sister. I pushed her away for her not to give me another trouble.
It wasn’t even any hard push but this girl threw herself onto the floor and screamed as if I did something so strange. Her sound woke Junior up so he asked his sister what the problem was. Precious said I wanted to rape her. She went back into her room, changed into another dress and started insulting me. I tried telling Junior what his sister was saying was not true when daddy returned and was at the gate. I ran to open the door for him. Precious was still shouting and insulting me to the extent that her father heard her voice.
“Why is your sister shouting like that?” Daddy asked. “She fell down and said I was the cause which is not true dad.” I responded. He didn’t say anything and went to meet her crying. “Sweetheart what is it” daddy asked her. “Daddy Makafui was forcing to rape me when I was asleep in the sofa. The next thing I realized was a heavy slap on my face from her father. “How dare you? Oh so this is what you want to start with?” He asked.
With a serious surprise, I told daddy that what she said was not true. He said I shouldn’t worry so he will deal with me later. Not knowing, mommy traveled to see Vero because one thing about them was that, they love their children and care for them very much. She went to see what exactly was her problem and why she was hiding it. Lo and behold, she was able to figure out the changes in her daughter and suggested to her that she was pregnant. Vero denied it. Her mother made her to follow her back home so that the following day, they see the doctor.
What awaits Makafui? Let’s go to the next episode to find out more.

Can't wait? You can read the next episode here now- http://youngicee.com/category/money-over-love
Re: Money Over Love by skubido(m): 10:04am On Nov 05, 2018
Chai, this wan na double wahala ooo,

OP tanks for the update
Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 11:19am On Nov 06, 2018
Money Over Love Episode 7
© JONES KWESI TAGBOR
Daddy went to take his bath, super and came to sit at the hall waiting for his wife. Junior came to sit with his father as Precious who new what she did went to bed. I came back to the room and went straight onto my knees in front of daddy.
Me: Daddy please what Precious said is not true. I don’t even know why she would say such a thing against me.
Daddy: Gentleman, I believe you have eyes and you can clearly see that am watching TV and listening to news. Put all your messages together and tomorrow at the police station you can tell the police.
I nearly had a blackout when I heard the name police.
Me: Daddy please don’t bring the police into this matter. Please call Precious and ask her if what she said was true. You can even ask Junior if what her sister said was true.
Daddy was actually angry at the time. “Are you to tell me what to do in my own house?” One thing I will want to say is that, at times, when you offend someone and you know that the person got really hurt, I will suggest you don’t force the person to accept your apology instantly. First tell the person you are sorry.
Leave the scene for the person to cool down and if possible, early morning the following day, you go to the person and apologize proper. The psychology behind it is that, at the time of the incident, the person might be in a serious emotional and psychological turbulence which by trying to apologize may rather increase their pain against you. This applies to especially people in relationships.
Dawn or early morning is always the best time to reconcile with each other.
Daddy was actually worried about what Precious said simply because he least expected that from me.
Daddy: Makafui, am really disappointed in you. Stand up and go to your room. We will deal with this issue tomorrow.
I thanked him and left to my room. My worry was that I was not sure if he has left the issue of bringing in the police. In about thirty minutes time after I entered my room, mum’s car horn blew two times. “If mummy should hear this what will be her reactions too? God please come down this evening and help me.” I said and prayed within myself. I went to open the gate and behold, Vero was in the front passenger seat with mummy. What a shock?
“Oh Makafui did you use your head on something? Your face has swollen.” Mum asked. “No mum, am okay. Just that am having some pain in my lower jaw.” I replied. “Sister Vero you are welcome.” I welcomed her but she didn’t respond. “Vero your brother is welcoming you.” Mummy noticed she didn’t respond so she prompted her. “Oh sorry, yeah thank you Makafui I hope you are fine?” She asked in order to save any other questioning from her mother. I told her I was fine and helped her to her room.
In her room.
Me: Sister please don’t mention me as the father of your pregnancy if not daddy will kill me.
Vero: Why? do you want my parents to say I’ve been playing around and does not know the owner of my pregnancy?
Me: hmm sis. Vero I understand you but you seem not to understand.
Vero: Anyway mum will be taking me to the hospital tomorrow to do a final check up to see if am pregnant so you should rather go into your room, lock the door and pray till the rest is over. Probably that could turn things around in your favour.
Me: hmm Okay.
Quietly and perplexed, I walked out into my room. It was as if my system was not reactive to rest anymore. I couldn’t sleep the whole night. I was just awaiting judgement on earth. Just as I told you earlier, daddy reported the case to mum at dawn and mum also told Dad why she came back with Vero after visiting her.
Daddy was getting more worried because he never expected Vero to get pregnant before getting married. He has a good reputation among his peers that he was a good father who was able to take care of his female children to grow to their stage with no record of promiscuity. I don’t know if I should say it was parental aggrandizement that made his children to turn into what he least expected. Mummy too got furious at me.
After doing my morning duties, daddy called for a meeting. In attendance was everybody present in the house. The meeting started with asking Vero if she was sure she was not pregnant and as usual, she said she was not pregnant so plans were made for checkup. The next was the case between myself and Precious. Hmm Precious maintained her position that I tried rapping her.
Vero: what? Makafui tried rapping you? Precious are you sure of what you are saying? ”
She was very much shocked to hear that.
Mum: my daughter don’t stress yourself. I suggest we continue with this meeting when we return from the hospital.
Daddy: but woman why can’t we deal with it now?
Mum: am sure we will have a better response when we meet at the time am suggesting.
Mummy said this because she knows the kind of person her daughter Precious is. Her mother does not trust her and her mother equally didn’t believe I could do that. So her intention was to interview her daughter well when she returns from the hospital. After the meeting, Vero called me to her room and asked me to tell her the truth if not with immediate effect she was going to expose me. I told her what her sister did. She said okay and allowed me to go. Soon they were ready to leave for the checkup. I clean the car they used but I knew doom awaits me. Precious couldn’t look into my face that day.
Daddy was also angry at me. The problem was that, at the time she was seducing me, she set her phone to video everything so later in the day she left the house to a studio in town to edit the video. She made them edit it to in such a way that they were able cut the places that showed she caused everything in order to win her case. We humans sometimes do forget that there is someone always above us taking notice of everything we do on this earth. Today you will win your case on earth but note that there is a bigger judgement awaiting us all.
Lo and behold, the pregnancy test was done and it remained positive. Right from the hospital, mum got disappointed in Vero and said she has disgraced her. In mum’s mind, it was Mustapha; Vero’s ex who impregnated her daughter illegally. Vero’s parents were aware of Mustapha as their daughters boyfriend. They got home and behold, the news was broken. “Vero is pregnant”.
“But Vero why couldn’t you wait for Mustapha to come and marry you before getting pregnant for him?” Mum asked. Dad was equally disappointed in her. Mum went to Precious in her room after she return and asked more about what she claimed happen. Precious stood firm and maintained her point. She showed the edited video to her mother and seriously, the video only showed where I slept on top of her. With such a case how could I be free from it? Her mother with bitterness in her heart came to me and said I was wicked so I wanted to spoil her daughter. Daddy asked Vero about Mustapha and Vero said it that they were no more. “So who is the pregnancy for?” Daddy asked. “Daddy please forgive me if I mention the person to you and don’t also get angry with the person. I love him. The pregnancy belonged to Makafui. ” what!!!!!! Makafui the house boy? Daddy, mum and Precious all said in a chorus. That was where the real bomb landed on daddy. He got very angry and called the police to come for me. When they came around, he gave them two charges. One was attempted rape and the second was illegally impregnating his daughter.
Vero despite was hurt that I attempted rape on her sister, she said she will never allow the police take me away. Her father commanded the police to take me and there Precious shouted “No! Please don’t take him away. I lied. ” “what! Precious you did what?” Mum asked. “Yes ma I caused everything. The video you saw was edited.” Vero also came in, “don’t take him away, I caused it. I seduced him to sleep with me. I love him dad, I want to marry him mum”. ” Will you shut up the two of you, now all of you go inside the room.” Daddy said.
” Now listen Vero, am not accepting this bustard as your husband today nor tomorrow. ” Daddy angrily said. “But what do you want her to do with the pregnancy if she doesn’t marry him?” Mum asked. “Woman stay out of this ” Daddy cautioned. This is the real beginning of Makafui’s story.

Re: Money Over Love by skubido(m): 2:27pm On Nov 06, 2018
Chai,
Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 10:16am On Nov 09, 2018
Money Over Love Episode 8
Vero also came in, “Daddy please don’t take him away. I caused everything, I seduced him and we ended sleeping with each other. I love him Dad and I want to be married to him. Mum Please I love him and want him as my husband.” “will you shut the **** up, both of you? Now all of you into the room. ” Daddy commanded. He asked the police to make sure I don’t ran away. The two ladies with their father and mother left us and went into the room. “Boss I believe you will understand me now. I was wrongly reported of rapping Precious. God in heaven knows best. With Vero becoming pregnant, she seduced me and I also did it.” I said to the police guiding me. “My friend shut up there, you won’t cut your coat per your size, you want better flesh to chop abi? I will personally deal with you.” The police said back to me. I only shook my head and remained silent. I was as scared as a criminal who was sentenced to life imprisonment. The useless Policeman worsened my situation with his threats as I recalled the story; “prison wahala” by Promise Gasin who was an ex-convict. I was just imagining how life in that dark place called a prison is. I found myself smiling when I imagined the title of the new movie to be released by Kumawood if it happens that I’m imprisoned.
Inside the room.
“Now listen and listen to me very well, Vero, am not accepting that bustard as your husband today nor tomorrow.” He angrily said. “but what do you want her to do with the pregnancy if she doesn’t get married to him? ” mum asked. “woman please stay out of this.” Daddy cautioned.
“These your children have brought a big disgrace to me and this family as a whole. How do I tell my friends that my daughter is getting married to my house boy? How? Am asking you how?” He angrily asked mum. She was silent looking at him. “How can your daughter get married to someone who does not even know how to read nor write? He has no profession as well and you expect me to allow my daughter to marry such a man? Oh no way.” He relaxed inside the sofa looking very wild like a lion that has fasted for thirty days and nights. “My husband, am not supporting my children but let’s call a spade a spade and not a bigger spoon. Your daughter is already pregnant. The person who is responsible never denied it, your daughter says she loves him and am sure Makafui equally loves her.” Mum said. “Please I even don’t want to hear that word love. Who loves who? Are you expecting me to continue feeding my daughter after she claims she has gotten married? Can that boy even pay for her bride price?” He asked.
“Daddy so what are you expecting me to do now?” Vero asked. “Go and burn the sea, disgraceful child. Why can’t you uphold this family name? I will quickly arrange for you to get married to a friend’s son. The boy will be returning from America this weekend. His father told me he was purposely coming to search for a wife.” Daddy said. “No daddy, am not marrying anyone I don’t know. Why? Is it because he is coming from America?” Vero asked with some level of impunity. “You marrying him will mean an increase in our families wealth because this man is a multimillionaire. Vero just take it for me that you are not marrying that boy. Junior go and call him for me.” Daddy said.
Junior came to call me with police escort. I just knew it that my world has come to an end. “Why couldn’t I control myself to avoid all these troubles? Or is it true that I’m an evil child as claimed by my auntie and the woman I was made to stay with?” I asked myself many questions. When we got in, daddy gave the police some money and said they can go. That was when my anxiety level began coming down. My head was bowed in shame and at the same time fear.
“Gentleman, I spent money on my children to attend school, protected them till this age. I won’t let you come and redirect this families focus. I made sure I gave you all you needed. You equally know the plans I have for you because of the good work you are doing. Upon all these, you paid me back by impregnating my daughter. And you Vero, you also brought yourself so low for a common houseboy to impregnate you. When he marries, where is he taking you? The bush he left or my security post? Stop looking into my face and answer me.” Daddy lamented.
“Daddy don’t worry we will take care of ourselves.” Vero replied her father. I remained silent and allowed them to do their own thing.
“Hey young man, I won’t spare you for spoiling the plans I have for my children. You attempted rapping Precious and that didn’t end there. You slept with my daughter and got her pregnant. I will deal with you but note that you are not marrying my daughter. Am given you only three days to send yourself out of this house. “Vero said she will leave the house with me to anywhere that I will go.
“Vero, all that daddy said is true. Am not your size and besides I don’t even know where am going from here. In your heart you know the pregnancy is mine. I will go but don’t follow me, because when you do, the pregnancy might suffer due to my financial status. Name the child after me Makafui. Take care of yourself and the pregnancy.” I said with a heavy heart to her. She was in tears but I overlooked that because the voice said at every point I need to take a decision and it should be a rational one. If I should go with her, how could I provide for her? Mummy tried convincing her husband to take a second look at his actions but this man never listened. I left them in the room and straight I went to start packing. I didn’t feel like crying nor anything. I was just myself. I told myself that if this lady was meant for me, I will definitely marry her before any of us dies. Vero came into my room and saw me packing. Hmm this was when I felt something was going on. This lady cried bitterly. I tried to as usual encouraged her and promised her that I will someday come for her. Precious, knowing what she did, was feeling shy to come closer to me. The following day, I went to daddy to pay me for the work I’ve done in the house but he told me he will use that money to take care of Vero’s pregnancy. I pleaded with him but he refused paying me. I was a village boy and didn’t attend school so I didn’t know that the court could’ve rescued me. I informed Vero about his father’s refusal to pay me so she went to withdraw a huge some of money for me to take on me.
Because I don’t want Vero to be very worried seeing me leave, I woke up very early in the morning around 4:00am and left the house without informing anybody. By the time they all woke up, I was no where to be found. Vero cried and grieved for long. It was just like a dream to her.
On my way, I was thinking where exactly to go. “Should I go back to my village or I should continue to only God knows land?” I asked myself. “No! I need to achieve my father’s vision before going back to this village.” I answered myself and kept moving. I got to some food joint so I stopped to get some food. That was 10:00am. I was just walking without knowing where exactly to pass. Some two guys were also at the joint eating and conversing about some job. I overhead one saying they will need someone to clear the land for the building project to commence.
Quickly, I interrupted with their conversation and said they should give me the clearing work to do. I was already good at such works so it wasn’t anything difficult for me. They said the land was located around Sacky, a community off the Micheal camp – Tema road. After the food, I followed them with my bag. We got there and looking at the work there, I wouldn’t be able to do it alone. I asked them to add some people to me so that we could finish early. They agreed and said I should come in two weeks to start the work.
Weeks passed and Vero could not withstand not seeing me so she made up her mind to look for me. She never informed anybody and traveled to my hometown to see if she could find me. They told her I just vanished from the village so they don’t know my whereabouts. At the time she left the house, her father also went to make the quick arrangements with his friend to let his friends son marry Vero. The guy also accepted the offer and came with Vero’s father to see Vero but met her absence . They didn’t tell the guy that Vero was pregnant. Daddy was worried Vero was not around. He told the guy to come the following day because Vero was not returning. Not knowing, the land I was supposed to clear was for this American guy. He came around to check progress of the work. He saw me busy working. As soon as I saw him I increased my energy level. He came closer and asked how I was doing. I told him I was doing well. He asked if I have a different work doing apart from what I was doing. I told him no. He said I should see him after his wedding so that he will find something for me doing. I saw that to be another breakthrough for me. I thanked him in advance. The following day, he went to see Vero only for Vero to tell him that she was pregnant for some one else already so he can’t marry her. Daddy was shocked hearing his daughter say that. That looked like a serious disgrace to him. The American guy stood up and left the house. After he left, daddy landed a heavy slap on Vero’s face and said she has disrespected him as well as disgraced him. Vero said she was ready to leave the house if he should continue forcing her to marry someone she doesn’t love.
This guy came to the site the following two days looking very worried. I asked what the problem was and he said the woman he had wanted to get married to said she was pregnant for someone else. I asked the name of the lady and the guy mentioned it as Vero. “Vero! Oh I see, sorry about that.” I said to him.

Read more episodes here- www.youngicee.com/category/money-over-love
Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2018
Money Over Love Episode 9
© Jones Kwesi Tagbor
“But why did you ask?” He asked. “Sorry sir I just asked.” He took me round the land showing me the boundary I should work to. “Sir you said if I finish with the work I should see you. Please can you tell me the other work you have for me?” I asked with a very respectful voice. “Yeah. But what do you do for living?” He asked speaking this American English. I equally replied with my broken English which one needs to pay close attention to before he/she could understand. “Am not doing anything at the moment Sir. All I do is to work for people just like am doing for you.” “OK so where do you stay before coming to work here?” He asked.
“I don’t have a place sir, I do sleep in the uncompleted house there” pointing at an uncomplicated building in a distance. He looked surprised. I told him it will take us days for me to finish telling him about my past so he shouldn’t worry himself asking. I know if I should tell him more, I will end up exposing myself as the owner of Vero’s pregnancy so I wasn’t even ready to answer further questions.
“I’m based in America and want someone to be taking care of my daddy’s house. Of late, thieves have been disturbing the house because he normally doesn’t stay home.” He said to me. “Sir am very ready to do it.” I said. There is this interesting phenomenon in life; When one door closes, quickly another opens or a gate will open for you. That is why we need not dwell too much on our past and it’s troubles. Even God forgets your past when you come to Him so why should you burden yourself with things of yesterday? Yesterday is gone and won’t come again so focus on today and make a better use of it. After all is there not a saying that “forward ever and backward never”?. “All this while I didn’t ask of your name. What’s your name?” He asked.
I mentioned Agbanavor to him because I was wondering if they mentioned Makafui to him as the person who impregnated Vero. “OK speed up with the work and meet me later. Another man was added to me in order to finish up early so the work was almost finished when we started our conversation. Two days later, I finished with my part of the work. The foreman came to pay us and said he will need our services again so we shouldn’t go far. The American guy came to inspect the progress on the work and after, I informed him that I was ready for the job we spoke of. He asked me to join him in his car so that we go. My first time of sitting in a private car. I opened the passengers door and quickly closed it. I got frightened at first when that cold air blew on me. “boss please do you have ice block in the car? Inside is very cold.” I asked. He laughed uncontrollably and said no and told me it was AC. He then explained what the AC does. You can’t blame me oo. I was a village boy so you should understand. Some of you out there were once like me and had such experiences but you are laughing at me now because yours wasn’t revealed. Something mysterious happened on our way to the house.
It was just the two of us in the car and it was about 5pm. Suddenly, another vehicle overtook us and all we noticed was they opened fire on us. One guy with a mask on his face shot at our car but fortunately for us, the bullet penetrated the windscreen and passed in-between us. There was no other car following us too. They made a sign for us to stop. My boss stopped the car and packed. Two men with mask came out of the car with pistols and said we should bring everything we had. I just noticed these guys were robbers. My boss took his bag out and gave it to them. One of them collected the bag and wanted to check if there was money in it. He placed his pistol in his trousers and left the handle. I remembered my days with my gangs way back in my village. Some of our skills just flashed into my mind. I kicked the pistol in the hand of the other guy and pointed it at him. The one with the bag wanted to take his and instinctively, I shot him on the chest. He left the bag and fell to the ground.
Quickly my boss called the Police and in no time, they were around. They rushed the injured robber to the hospital and handcuff the other one to the Police Station. We followed them to the station and my boss was made to write a statement. He thanked me for saving him and getting his money for him. The other guy was locked in the cell and we were told to come back later because they will be preparing them for court. The Police asked my boss to leave his car at the station for investigation so we went home with a Taxi.
Boss: my guy, you have done very well. With what you have done now, I am not employing you as a houseboy but as the care taker of the house. You will have access to a fully furnished room and a car. Because I will be going back to America very soon, you will be supervising my building project for me as well.
Me: Boss, thank you very much. God bless you for this kind gesture shown to me. You don’t even know me well but you trusted me just like that.
Boss: You see, there were two things involved. It was either I was dead by now or you were dead after those guys shot at us. If you were to die, I would have blamed myself for your death because I asked you to follow me. Now the robbers would have taken all my money away and even the car. So as a form of appreciation, I decided to honour you with the privileges I’ve just given you.
Me: Thank you very much. I pray you get a woman of your choice to marry.
Boss: Amen Agbanavor. This is one of my reasons for coming back to Ghana. I had a girlfriend before leaving to America. Now that am ready to get married to her, my father is of the view that he doesn’t like that tribe and also the lady was not educated. I agreed with him on the basis of she not been educated because per my standard, I need an educated woman. He recommended Vero to me but that was the news I was welcomed with. She is pregnant for another guy. Am just wondering why they want their pregnant daughter to get married to me.
Me: hmm boss don’t worry. You will get what you want. The robbery case was called. Very unfortunately, the guy who received the gunshot couldn’t survive. He died a week after the incident. The second guy was charged to pay for damages caused the car, attempted murder and robbery. He was to serve a jail term of 35years. Well, I felt bad for the one who died but on a second thought, what would have happen to any of us should his bullet hit any of us? It serves him right. I didn’t attend school, but am able to fight for my life and hustle to make a living. Why should today’s youth feel too lazy to work? All they need is quick money. They will always tell you there is no job available so government should create jobs for them. I pity them. There are lot of jobs around us but we feel too big to do them. If you ask someone selling sachet of water and ask him what work is he/she doing? The response is there is no work so this is what am doing for a living. What shows that what you are doing is no work? Look the fingers are not the same oo. Some are longer than the others and in the same way, we cannot all do white color jobs. Some of us must sell, others must serve others and many more. Remember, all animals are equal but some are more equal than others. That is just a food for thought.
Some few weeks later, my boss decided to do some shopping at the Accra mall. We traveled all the way from Tema to Accra for shopping. Mistakenly, my boss was receiving a phone call and crushed with this beautiful lady who was carrying a basket full of provisions. “Oh sorry dear. I was on the phone so I didn’t see you coming.” My boss apologized to the lady and helped her pick the things that fell on the floor. “Oh don’t worry. I should rather be saying sorry because I should have used the other lane when I saw you coming.” the lady said. The way the lady responded showed how well cultured she was. She never took any quarrels with my boss.
The way my boss started looking at this lady was suggesting something to me. “Do I know you from somewhere?” My boss asked looking marveled. “Is this not Faustina?” He asked. “Yes am Faustina. How do you manage to know my name?” She asked. “Hmm this world is a small place. Am Charles your boyfriend way back in secondary school. “Oh my God! Charles!! Hmm so this is how the world is. After getting what you want from me, you vanished into space.” The lady said. “Dear that was not it. I traveled small and since I came, I’ve been searching for you. I don’t even have your number. Please let’s go and get somewhere to sit.” my boss said to her. He paid for all that she bought and together we moved to a restaurant around the mall. I gave them some privacy and from look of things, the two love birds were agreeing to each other. When they finished, my boss introduced her to me as the person he told me about. “Sis Faustina it’s nice meeting you.” I said to her. They planned a date and my boss gave her a lift to a bus stop where she took a taxi home. On our way back home, my boss was very excited. He said the lady was able to further her education when he left the country so she was now a teacher. I was happy for him.
In vero’s house.
Daddy was able to convince Vero to accept marriage to my boss. He said I was gone so it will be better she agrees to marry my boss so that she doesn’t remain a single mother. Because she search for me for long, she came to terms with her father. Due to this, Vero’s father decided to come and beg my boss so that they can have the marriage ceremony. My bosses father was also around one afternoon when the car horn blew at the gate. I rushed to open and behold, it was Vero’s father. He was surprised seeing me.
Vero’s father: heer! What are you doing here you bustard ?
Me:Sir please I won’t allow you to insult me. Who the hell do you think you are?
Vero’s father: what? You are insulting me?
My boss called and asked what was happening. “Nothing sir, this man is just trying to be difficult.” I said to him. Vero’s father warned me to stay out of his way.
“Oh Mr Charles you are home. Don’t mind your gate man. He was preventing me from seeing you.” Vero’s father reported. “Sorry about that. Come inside.” Mr Charles who happens to be my boss asked him in. His father also came out to welcome him as they sat down to chat. They exchanged pleasantries and asked why he was around. “Am here because of my daughter. Actually, she was not very mentally sound the last time you came to meet her. She has now agreed to marry your son; Charles.” He said. Charles never allowed him to land when he interrupted.
Charles: sorry to disappoint you sir. I’ve already found another lady. It’s just that am yet to tell my father the good news. If you care to know her name is Faustina. She is equally beautiful as your daughter but she is not pregnant. I will advise you go and look for the father of your daughters pregnancy so that they get married. Your daughter loves the person that was why she told me directly that she was pregnant for someone. ”
Vero’s father was worried.
Charles father: Eerm my good friend, I know you want the best for your daughter. I equally want the best for my son. Let’s allow them to make their own choice.
Vero’s father: this bustard has made me turn into a laughing stock. Hmm
He took his car keys from the side table and without saying anything further, he dashed out of the room. This man was moving towards me when he came out. I stood firm waiting to face him squarely.

1 Like

Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 3:59pm On Nov 14, 2018
Money Over Love Episode 9

© Jones Kwesi Tagbor

“But why did you ask?” He asked. “Sorry sir I just asked.” He took me round the land showing me the boundary I should work to. “Sir you said if I finish with the work I should see you. Please can you tell me the other work you have for me?” I asked with a very respectful voice. “Yeah. But what do you do for living?” He asked speaking this American English. I equally replied with my broken English which one needs to pay close attention to before he/she could understand. “Am not doing anything at the moment Sir. All I do is to work for people just like am doing for you.” “OK so where do you stay before coming to work here?” He asked.

“I don’t have a place sir, I do sleep in the uncompleted house there” pointing at an uncomplicated building in a distance. He looked surprised. I told him it will take us days for me to finish telling him about my past so he shouldn’t worry himself asking. I know if I should tell him more, I will end up exposing myself as the owner of Vero’s pregnancy so I wasn’t even ready to answer further questions.

“I'm based in America and want someone to be taking care of my daddy’s house. Of late, thieves have been disturbing the house because he normally doesn’t stay home.” He said to me. “Sir am very ready to do it.” I said. There is this interesting phenomenon in life; When one door closes, quickly another opens or a gate will open for you. That is why we need not dwell too much on our past and it’s troubles. Even God forgets your past when you come to Him so why should you burden yourself with things of yesterday? Yesterday is gone and won’t come again so focus on today and make a better use of it. After all is there not a saying that “forward ever and backward never”?. “All this while I didn’t ask of your name. What’s your name?” He asked.

I mentioned Agbanavor to him because I was wondering if they mentioned Makafui to him as the person who impregnated Vero. “OK speed up with the work and meet me later. Another man was added to me in order to finish up early so the work was almost finished when we started our conversation. Two days later, I finished with my part of the work. The foreman came to pay us and said he will need our services again so we shouldn’t go far. The American guy came to inspect the progress on the work and after, I informed him that I was ready for the job we spoke of. He asked me to join him in his car so that we go. My first time of sitting in a private car. I opened the passengers door and quickly closed it. I got frightened at first when that cold air blew on me. “boss please do you have ice block in the car? Inside is very cold.” I asked. He laughed uncontrollably and said no and told me it was AC. He then explained what the AC does. You can’t blame me oo. I was a village boy so you should understand. Some of you out there were once like me and had such experiences but you are laughing at me now because yours wasn’t revealed. Something mysterious happened on our way to the house.

It was just the two of us in the car and it was about 5pm. Suddenly, another vehicle overtook us and all we noticed was they opened fire on us. One guy with a mask on his face shot at our car but fortunately for us, the bullet penetrated the windscreen and passed in-between us. There was no other car following us too. They made a sign for us to stop. My boss stopped the car and packed. Two men with mask came out of the car with pistols and said we should bring everything we had. I just noticed these guys were robbers. My boss took his bag out and gave it to them. One of them collected the bag and wanted to check if there was money in it. He placed his pistol in his trousers and left the handle. I remembered my days with my gangs way back in my village. Some of our skills just flashed into my mind. I kicked the pistol in the hand of the other guy and pointed it at him. The one with the bag wanted to take his and instinctively, I shot him on the chest. He left the bag and fell to the ground.

Quickly my boss called the Police and in no time, they were around. They rushed the injured robber to the hospital and handcuff the other one to the Police Station. We followed them to the station and my boss was made to write a statement. He thanked me for saving him and getting his money for him. The other guy was locked in the cell and we were told to come back later because they will be preparing them for court. The Police asked my boss to leave his car at the station for investigation so we went home with a Taxi.

Boss: my guy, you have done very well. With what you have done now, I am not employing you as a houseboy but as the care taker of the house. You will have access to a fully furnished room and a car. Because I will be going back to America very soon, you will be supervising my building project for me as well.

Me: Boss, thank you very much. God bless you for this kind gesture shown to me. You don’t even know me well but you trusted me just like that.

Boss: You see, there were two things involved. It was either I was dead by now or you were dead after those guys shot at us. If you were to die, I would have blamed myself for your death because I asked you to follow me. Now the robbers would have taken all my money away and even the car. So as a form of appreciation, I decided to honour you with the privileges I’ve just given you.

Me: Thank you very much. I pray you get a woman of your choice to marry.

Boss: Amen Agbanavor. This is one of my reasons for coming back to Ghana. I had a girlfriend before leaving to America. Now that am ready to get married to her, my father is of the view that he doesn’t like that tribe and also the lady was not educated. I agreed with him on the basis of she not been educated because per my standard, I need an educated woman. He recommended Vero to me but that was the news I was welcomed with. She is pregnant for another guy. Am just wondering why they want their pregnant daughter to get married to me.

Me: hmm boss don’t worry. You will get what you want. The robbery case was called. Very unfortunately, the guy who received the gunshot couldn’t survive. He died a week after the incident. The second guy was charged to pay for damages caused the car, attempted murder and robbery. He was to serve a jail term of 35years. Well, I felt bad for the one who died but on a second thought, what would have happen to any of us should his bullet hit any of us? It serves him right. I didn’t attend school, but am able to fight for my life and hustle to make a living. Why should today’s youth feel too lazy to work? All they need is quick money. They will always tell you there is no job available so government should create jobs for them. I pity them. There are lot of jobs around us but we feel too big to do them. If you ask someone selling sachet of water and ask him what work is he/she doing? The response is there is no work so this is what am doing for a living. What shows that what you are doing is no work? Look the fingers are not the same oo. Some are longer than the others and in the same way, we cannot all do white color jobs. Some of us must sell, others must serve others and many more. Remember, all animals are equal but some are more equal than others. That is just a food for thought.

Some few weeks later, my boss decided to do some shopping at the Accra mall. We traveled all the way from Tema to Accra for shopping. Mistakenly, my boss was receiving a phone call and crushed with this beautiful lady who was carrying a basket full of provisions. “Oh sorry dear. I was on the phone so I didn’t see you coming.” My boss apologized to the lady and helped her pick the things that fell on the floor. “Oh don’t worry. I should rather be saying sorry because I should have used the other lane when I saw you coming.” the lady said. The way the lady responded showed how well cultured she was. She never took any quarrels with my boss.

The way my boss started looking at this lady was suggesting something to me. “Do I know you from somewhere?” My boss asked looking marveled. “Is this not Faustina?” He asked. “Yes am Faustina. How do you manage to know my name?” She asked. “Hmm this world is a small place. Am Charles your boyfriend way back in secondary school. “Oh my God! Charles!! Hmm so this is how the world is. After getting what you want from me, you vanished into space.” The lady said. “Dear that was not it. I traveled small and since I came, I’ve been searching for you. I don’t even have your number. Please let’s go and get somewhere to sit.” my boss said to her. He paid for all that she bought and together we moved to a restaurant around the mall. I gave them some privacy and from look of things, the two love birds were agreeing to each other. When they finished, my boss introduced her to me as the person he told me about. “Sis Faustina it’s nice meeting you.” I said to her. They planned a date and my boss gave her a lift to a bus stop where she took a taxi home. On our way back home, my boss was very excited. He said the lady was able to further her education when he left the country so she was now a teacher. I was happy for him.

In vero’s house.

Daddy was able to convince Vero to accept marriage to my boss. He said I was gone so it will be better she agrees to marry my boss so that she doesn’t remain a single mother. Because she search for me for long, she came to terms with her father. Due to this, Vero’s father decided to come and beg my boss so that they can have the marriage ceremony. My bosses father was also around one afternoon when the car horn blew at the gate. I rushed to open and behold, it was Vero’s father. He was surprised seeing me.

Vero’s father: heer! What are you doing here you bustard ?

Me:Sir please I won’t allow you to insult me. Who the hell do you think you are?

Vero’s father: what? You are insulting me?

My boss called and asked what was happening. “Nothing sir, this man is just trying to be difficult.” I said to him. Vero’s father warned me to stay out of his way.

“Oh Mr Charles you are home. Don’t mind your gate man. He was preventing me from seeing you.” Vero’s father reported. “Sorry about that. Come inside.” Mr Charles who happens to be my boss asked him in. His father also came out to welcome him as they sat down to chat. They exchanged pleasantries and asked why he was around. “Am here because of my daughter. Actually, she was not very mentally sound the last time you came to meet her. She has now agreed to marry your son; Charles.” He said. Charles never allowed him to land when he interrupted.

Charles: sorry to disappoint you sir. I’ve already found another lady. It’s just that am yet to tell my father the good news. If you care to know her name is Faustina. She is equally beautiful as your daughter but she is not pregnant. I will advise you go and look for the father of your daughters pregnancy so that they get married. Your daughter loves the person that was why she told me directly that she was pregnant for someone. ”

Vero’s father was worried.

Charles father: Eerm my good friend, I know you want the best for your daughter. I equally want the best for my son. Let’s allow them to make their own choice.

Vero’s father: this bustard has made me turn into a laughing stock. Hmm

He took his car keys from the side table and without saying anything further, he dashed out of the room. This man was moving towards me when he came out. I stood firm waiting to face him squarely.

ALL EPISODES are available here - www.youngicee.com/category/money-over-love
Re: Money Over Love by perfect25(m): 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2018
pls be fast with the next episode i'm getting impatient
Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 4:14pm On Nov 28, 2018
perfect25:
pls be fast with the next episode i'm getting impatient
Follow this link and read the full story if you can't wait -- http://www.youngicee.com/category/money-over-love
Re: Money Over Love by donweasley(m): 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2018
Oyinprince:
Follow this link and read the full story if you can't wait -- http://www.youngicee.com/category/money-over-love
Hello Oyin, how is camp? when will Tarasha continue
Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 10:54pm On Dec 11, 2018
donweasley:
Hello Oyin, how is camp? when will Tarasha continue
Camp went well, Thanks. It continued today

1 Like

Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 11:19pm On Dec 11, 2018
Money Over Love Episode 10
“Hey you, you dare not come to my house or else I will personally skin you alive. Never try to make these people know about this. Don’t try me.” He said sounding like a hungry Gorilla. “Only God knows what you are up to.” I said back to him. He went into his car and sped off as if he was running away from a time bomb.
After he left, Charles then explained to his father that Vero was pregnant for another man so there was no way he as a young guy would marry a lady carrying somebody’s pregnancy. Well I know if you were in my shoes, you would’ve done same. Said Charles to his dad. He then told his father about Faustina. He explained to his father how well cultured and humble she was and added that she was an English teacher.
His father: so where is she coming from and what does she worship?
Charles: Daddy she is an Ewe and a Christian as well.
His father: my son I’ve always been warning you against Ewe girls but you are still following them.
Charles: hmm dad and that’s where you’re getting it all wrong. All humans are not created equal. The fact that an Ewe woman did something bad to you before does not mean all Ewe women or men are the same. Agbanavor is an Ewe, but he saved this family.
His father: Alright just as I told my friend that want you to marry his daughter, do what you think is best for you. You are of age but I pray you don’t come back to me telling me you should’ve listened to me.
Charles: daddy nothing will happen. I will invite her home soon for you to see her.
His father now allowed Charles to do what he thinks is right. Well, I won’t say that was disobedience because at times, our parents must allow us take decisions for ourselves. If they continue to decide for us when will we grow up to reason and also make decisions for ourselves? Better still what happens to us when they are no more? We’ve got no decision making experience so we will technically be unfit for even employment in this “life full of decision making” organizations. The certificate alone is not enough. On the side of tribe. Hmm, it’s an issue.
Most parents will not allow their children marry from some particular tribe because of probably a past experience. I wish to inform them that, we are all not the same. Despite historical backgrounds, that was yesterday. Due to civilization and modernization, things have changed. Gone were those days where a lady would only be informed that a man has come to marry her without dating. She can’t even disagree, but truly speaking those marriages even last what we see today.
Today, these two people are allowed to date for a while and through that they study each other and know each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Am not saying some people don’t fake when dating. Some because are too desperate to have a particular person, will do all it takes to impress the other party. Few months or years into the marriage, their true colours begin to pop up. Probably that tribe you were against will be the tribe that would bring you evaluating peace of mind and build your family. But to the youth, marriage is not as simple as you see it. That is why you don’t just need to jump into it. Some say it is a full subject to be studied. I pray God opens your eyes well to make the right choice. Yeah it is all about choice making. Not all that glitters is gold. Some are just decorated masquerades, after you unveil them, you will know who they are. Ask God for direction.
My boss started dating Faustina and brought her to the house during one of the weekends. Honestly speaking, she was beautiful and Charles’ father himself could attest to that fact. This lady impressed everybody by her delicious and sumptuous meal prepared. Am yet to taste another food that tasted like hers. Probably my mother would’ve done best if she was around. A hallmark of a good woman. Some ladies were over pampered when they were young and were made not to even go close to fire. They were protected like crates of egg to the extent that the best they can do is to que for fast-food.
Cooking becomes their problem when they become independent. Some of them too were just lazy and will never want to help their mother’s in the kitchen to see the food is been prepared. They see cooking as a form of punishment. When they get to their matrimonial homes, cooking becomes a tag of war. It’s either the salt is too much or the rice turns into water. What a shame. Ladies no man want a woman who cannot cook so the choice is yours. Today, most of them can’t even prepare “Gorbe” let alone prepare Jollof rice or “Akple with Fetrí détsi” as they call it. They should just wait and get married before they will know the importance of cooking.
Vero’s father never made her daughter know that he saw me. He kept it a secret to himself and I equally wouldn’t want to commit myself by going to look for her.
In some few weeks time, it was planned for my boss to get married to sister Faustina. If I should tell you about Faustina’s beginning, you will be marvelled. She also started from the scratch just as I did so she understood me very well when I narrated my history to her. Because she was an English teacher, she started teaching me how to read and write. On their engagement day, the whole atmosphere was filled with joy. Invitation was sent to Vero’s father but he didn’t honour it. He felt his daughter was the right person to be doing that engagement and not Faustina. Vero’s belly was gradually gathering momentum and all sort of questions were popping from all angles. “When did your daughter get married and you didn’t tell us? Who is the owner of the pregnancy” among other questions were ringing inside his ears.
Because Charles has a lot of friends abroad, he decided to do the wedding there. I was the only person left in the house when they left to do the wedding. His mother and other siblings were also there just that his mother and father were no more together as husband and wife. That was the source of the hatred Charles’ father had for the Ewes. He claims an Ewe woman deceived him and made him leave his wife with the idea that he could marry this woman who was very rich and well educated but unfortunately, it didn’t happen as expected.
Days turn into weeks, weeks into months and gradually Vero’s date was due to give birth. My boss’ wife Faustina was now a full time member of the house just that her husband’s house was not ready for them to move in. Anytime she closes from school, she will come and organize a special class for me. I started reading and writing basic English. I also learnt how to drive and I do drive her to school every morning and brings her back after she closes.
On the day Vero went into the labour room, I was seriously giving order’s to the constructors on my boss’s building project. Unfortunately for her she had some complications so they rushed her into the theater for caesarean section (CS). The baby was removed but they realized she started behaving abnormally after everything. She doesn’t want to even see her baby let alone talk of even giving her breast milk. She was seen mentioning repeatedly my name “Makafui”. They tried to figure out what her problem was but couldn’t so they invited the mental health officer incharge to asses her to see if there was any mental health disorder.
After the assessment, she was diagnosed of Perprah psychosis. A psychological disorder which normally affect women mostly after giving birth and has problem with their husbands. They will displace the anger to the babies and may even abandon them. Some of resort to throwing the baby onto the refuse bump. This is a mental health issue. The mental health nurse requested that they call the Makafui person she was mentioning so that they do further investigation into Vero’s condition. Vero’s mother said they don’t know the whereabouts of me.
The nurse insisted they should try and look for me if not the situation will go out of hand. Vero’s father initially didn’t want to show them where I was but because he saw that he was gradually going to loose his daughter, he told them that they should give him two days to fetch me out. They injected Vero some injections to calm her condition down so that she could breastfeed the baby. She even gave birth to a baby boy who resembles me very much. I guess my blood is very strong. I was at the site doing my work when they came to call me that I should report to the 37 military hospital.
The reason was not disclosed to me so I was wondering what the problem was. My boss left the country that day so I only prayed he was not the one involved in any form of accident. Lo and behold, I met Vero’s family at the out patient department (OPD). Precious was the one who called me first. I asked them what the problem was and they led me to the mental health unit. From there a nurse escorted me to the female ward to see Vero. She was in bed when I got there. Someone who was according to the nurses weak and could not do anything for herself, shouted very loud upon seeing me. She woke up from the bed and came to hug me tightly. Everybody was surprised seeing this scene. Vero’s father after seeing what was going on went to his car and left the hospital.
“Makafui where have you been and why did you leave me alone here?” She asked with tears in her face. “Where am I and why is everybody looking at me like this?” She asked. Her mother came closer and told her that she was unconscious after undergoing the CS. From all indications, her psychosis was gone. Glory be to God. At times, we don’t need medicine to control some of these psychological difficulties. She asked of her baby and shed tears upon seeing the bouncing baby boy (BBB). Because of the CS and the medications she was takingn, she needed to stay behind for additional two days before they could discharge her.
I came home and reported the case to sis Faustina. She suggested I make preparations to marry her. In the evening, I went to check on her and I told her I still love her. I didn’t want them to know that I was using a car so I didn’t go with the car. She was discharged and called her father to come and pick us. When this man came, he said I should come with a commercial car. That wasn’t a problem to me. I got myself a car and followed them to Kpone. A meeting was called and at the meeting, I requested for the marriage list so that I can go and prepare myself and return to marry their daughter. Seriously speaking, I got choked when I saw the list presented to me. They were even surprised I could read.
Among the things in the list was “the man must have his own house and car, fuel in-laws car every month and pay his in-laws every month. One cow and a car for the lady” “But in-law this list is irrational. How on earth do you expect me to fulfill all these things on the list?” I asked “Don’t in-law me my friend, you are even not my friend. You requested for list, I’ve given it to you and you call it irrational?” He asked. “Sorry sir” I apologized.
“A beggar has no choice. If you know you can’t afford marrying my daughter, turn your back and you will see a door, walk through it, you will be outside. When out, you will see a gate, pass through it and never return to my house.” He said. “Daddy if you don’t change some of those things in that list, I will pack my things and follow him through the direction you just gave.” Vero said. “You dare not do anything like that. You are the cause of all this disgrace to this family. Do what you think is right for you.” Vero’s father said and went into his room.
Her mother took the list ,read it and smiled. She said I should go and get what I could afford and come for the ceremony. I thanked her and left. I went to give the list to my boss’ wife and she said I should wait till my boss returns so that he will go with me to see them for a cancelation of some of the things. My boss returned and I did as suggested. “Agbanavor since when did you get a lady pregnant and where the hell is this outrageous list from?” He asked. “Boss it’s a long story.” I said to him. “Look every long story can be cut short. Am listening.” He said. “The the… I was the … Boss hmm let me tell you.” I was very confused and didn’t know where to start from. “The lady you had wanted to marry at first happens to be the lady I’ve impregnated but because I was poor, her father does not want me to marry her.” I said to him. What!!!! “Oh Agbanavor, and you never told me from the beginning? What if I were to go ahead and marry her?” He asked. “Sorry boss.” I apologised.
Will that marriage ceremony be successful? What are the plans of vero’s father? What of Makafui’s boss getting to know that Makafui was the one responsible for vero’s pregnancy?
Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 11:19pm On Dec 11, 2018
Money Over Love 2 Episode 1
“I least expected this from you. Anyway it has already happened and I thank God Faustina came to save me. Let me see the list.” He stretched forth his hands and I gave it to him. He took the list and studied it very well and smiled. “Haha my guy, am sure this list is suggesting that the lady becomes your personal property after marrying her. Why should you pay your in-laws at the end of the month and fuel their car for them? Ah this is nonsense. It has no meaning. Eemm this is what we will do, you don’t need to disguise yourself as if you have turned rich. Since the ladies mother is ready to accept you, I will help you buy some of the items and tell them that was all you were able to get. Let them understand that you can’t afford paying for their fuel every month and pay them in addition. Why, are you a bank where their daughter becomes their deposit?” He said and tapped my shoulders.
I thanked him for the support and advice. He said I shouldn’t worry. He inspired me with these words “We all know that life isn’t that simple and that throughout our journey in life we might face numerous challenges, problems and setbacks. The difference between people who succeed in life and those who don’t is their ability to face life’s challenges correctly and not the absence of challenges. Agbanavor, I see you to be a strong and resilient person. And as such a person, you will get hit by setbacks and lifes’ problems just like everyone else. If I should tell you how my father started before getting where he is now, you will just open your mouth wide. For me, I will say my father provided for me so I won’t say I went through what you are going through now but my father did. Just learn how to face life’s challenges and that will help you become more successful and live a happier life.” I thanked him for such powerful words.
He said I should do the arrangements fast because he needs to travel abroad in three weeks time. He gave me the money to buy the most pressing things on the list. I went to inform Vero and her family that I was ready to do the marriage ceremony. All these while, the baby was not named but Vero kept calling him after my name Makafui. I went with some of the guys working on my bosses building to fix the date for the ceremony. You won’t believe it, Vero’s father said he forgot to add damaging fee to the list. My friends laughed uncontrollably because what the man was saying was too funny to comprehend.
This man got pieced off and asked him to go out of his house because no one can decide for him. Anyway I don’t blame him. It could be one of those symptoms of old age. This man said he wouldn’t let this marriage thing of mine disrupt his schedules for the year so he gave a date that won’t favour my boss. I pleaded for a change but he as usual refused. He just didn’t like anything about me. I used to think that it was only women that demonstrate such behaviours but my in-law changed my perception. He never allowed me to go into Vero’s room to even chat with her because he said until I marry her, I can’t go close to her.
We only planned a traditional wedding. I came to inform my boss about the date and he said I shouldn’t worry, he will reschedule some of his activities so that he makes time for me. Hmm, I always believe the saying that God is not man to lie nor are our ways his ways. Once He has written something about you, He will find ways and means of making you achieve it. Just look at how someone I know from no where has time for me whiles my own blood relations rejected me. If man rejects you, your father in heaven rejects you not. I just found myself a new family. My boss asked me to travel back to my village and invite my relatives to come and witness the ceremony for me. I told him that was not necessary because they never for once thought of looking for me to see if am still alive or dead. I told him his family and some few friends are enough for me. I did nothing like invitation cards as well. Hmm, on the day of the marriage ceremony, Vero’s father said he was not feeling very well. My friends who came to witness the program were seated, Vero’s family were also present excluding her father. This man claimed he was having stomach pain so we should give him time. He came nowhere near the venue of the ceremony neither did he go to the hospital. We waited and waited for this man to come but he wasn’t coming. His wife went into his room only to find her husband almost dying. She started shouting on top of her voice so we all thought this man was dead. I went inside to see what was going on only for me to see this man struggling to breath. I quickly asked for his car keys and rushed him to the hospital. All these while, our guests were seated waiting for us.
I told the nurses that we need his presence in the house very badly. They said we should pray his condition stabilize faster. After some few hours at the hospital, my to-be in-law regained his consciousness. He was given some energy booster and was told his family needs his presence at the house so he should go home and after the program, he should return to hospital for review. He said there was no need for him going home because what was going on in his house was not to his wish.
We pleaded with this man until he accepted to go with us. I was just sorry for my guests who came very early in the morning and was waiting till that time. Some of them couldn’t wait longer so they left. We got to the house around 4:00pm. Due to this, we need to fast tuck the program in order to finish early. One of the elderly men working on my bosses building acted as my father and my boss’s wife acted as my mother. When it got to the part of the program where we needed to present the items, my in-law asked where her daughter’s car was and also he couldn’t see the in-laws fuel allowance as well as some other funny things he wrote. Her wife who was my mother in-law came to my rescue and said I told her we will bring them later. This man said since her wife was taken decisions on his behalf, she should continue with the rest of the program. He got angry and went into his room. Everybody around started talking against this man. Vero told her that he was disgracing himself as well as she herself. Honestly, the ceremony was nothing good to write home about. We did something to represent something and after, I took my wife and son with me.
Precious accompanied us in order to help vero with babysitting. She has completed high school so was free at home. When we got home, my boss gave us additional room where Precious could stay. Two days after that scanty engagement, Precious came to me one evening whilst her sister was resting in the room. She said she was sorry for what happened between us and besides, she wasn’t in a good mental state so I should forgive her. She said it was the work of the devil. Well, the devil should stop harassing people so that they stop blaming him even if he exist.
“Precious, I have nothing against you but make sure you don’t repeat such awkward behaviour in this house. You are very much aware that this is not my house so with the little thing you do, we can be sent out.” I said to her. She thanked me and went into her room. I never allowed the opportunity given to me change my behaviour. I continued my work in the house as usual. In the morning, I will carry my boss’s wife to school and when she closed, I will still go for her. Despite her happiness being married to my boss, she still had an emotional conflict. Her problem was that her husband doesn’t have enough time for her. This is my advice to the ladies that want to marry such rich men, because they won’t want to loose their financial status, they work harder and that makes it difficult for him to stay home. So if you are married to them be prepared to enjoy living alone when he is not around. Especially those of them doing international businesses. Hardly will my boss spend a full week at home. Today he is going for this meeting, tomorrow he is traveling, tomorrow next he needed to attend a conference etc. It was due to his busy schedules that made him like me that much because I was always there for him. The love between myself and vero was also growing well and anyone that sees how we cared for each other feels like getting married. Precious was also in the house doing the babysitting. Vero gained employment at some rural bank in our area so that also increased the need for Precious to continue to stay with us. After some few months, Precious started showing her devilish part to my boss. Naturally she is beautiful and there was no two ways about that. My boss started having interest in her to the extent that he doesn’t give too much attention to his wife anymore. I realized that Precious started wearing very short skirts and dresses that exposes her sensitive parts.
Madam Faustina also noticed this and asked me to talk to her. Madam was also beginning to have interest in me because her husband doesn’t have time for her. One afternoon, madam called me from school and said she wasn’t feeling well so I should come and take her home. Vero also went to work so it was left with Precious and Makafui the Junior. My boss as usual was not around and his father also has a different flat within the same building. I went for madam and on the way, she bought some medicines to cue her headache. When we got to the house, she said she was very weak so I should carry her on my back into her room. “Madam please Precious might suspect something going on between us should she see this.” I said to her.
“Alright don’t worry. Just help me with my bag to the room.” She requested. I took the bag and followed her into the room. “Agbanavor can you read what is going on inside me?” She asked when we got into the room. “Madam please how?” I asked. “Come and let me explain to you. Come why? are you afraid of coming close to me? She asked. I walked towards her and this lady grabbed me with a hug. ” Agbanvor make sure you kill this feeling within me before leaving this room.” She said with a very romantic voice.
Will Makafui forget about his past so soon? Did Precious noticed what was going on? What next? Let’s check from the next episode. Don’t forget to like and share your comments with us.
Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 11:21pm On Dec 11, 2018
Money Over Love 2 Episode 2
“Madam please with all due respect, what you are expecting me to do will be the worse thing I will ever do in this world. I was lost when Mr Charles came to find me, this shouldn’t be the right way of paying him back. Please let’s not do this.” I begged her. “Agbanavor am actually dying inside. You leaving me alone will be more than killing me slowly. Your boss won’t know about this and I will make sure I provide all your needs including your wife’s. Just help me. Okay I will give you Ghc1000.00 as soon as we are done.” She held me by my waist whiles saying that. “Madam please I won’t do it. Leave me alone to go. If you try pushing me to the wall, I will report you to my boss and you know what that will mean.” I said to her. “Hey my friend don’t even try it. Now you have to do this or else I will shout and say you want to rape me and you equally know what that will mean.” She said back. Hmm just as my boss said, as a strong man, you will be faced with challenges, problems and setbacks but what makes the difference is how you are able to discipline yourself and overcome them. The voice that set me moving from my village also said life is full of choices, at every point in life’s journey, one has to make a choice and every choice also has its implications. Yes I needed money to be independent and also self sufficient but not through an evil means such as this. How could I sleep with my own boss’s wife?
To be honest, this challenge was too tough for me to bare. It was through the same means that sent me out of my formal house and made my in-law hate me for life. If my in-law on earth should hate me for life, what then will God in heaven do? Am even not sure I will be judged before pushed into hell fire. “Madam please you know what you want us to do is against the will of God?” I asked.
She remained silent and burst into tears. She went to sleep on her bed with her face bowed on the bed and cried more. “Madam please what is it? Why are you crying?” I asked. “Please I wish you could leave me alone inside. I want some privacy. ” she said. “Okay sorry if I’ve offended you.” I walked out of her room. You could see from my shirt that the room was warm so I was frightened what anyone that will see me coming out of the room will suspect and this was because when we entered, she didn’t switch on the air condition. Immediately I stepped out, this was Precious standing by the wall leading to madam’s room.
Me: Precious why are you standing here?
Precious: Makafui you’ve done well. But why are you sweating like this?
Me: why are you saying I’ve done well? I asked feeling guilty.
Precious: No need explaining anything. I overhead everything that went on inside. I’m only standing here to congratulate you.
Me: and what do you mean by that?
Precious: I didn’t say you did anything wrong. Don’t let your conscience deceive you. Am congratulating you on how you were able to deal with that tough Olympic tournament. I was in my room when I saw both of you going into her room so I suspected something hahaha. Oh but you’ve done well. My sister must be grateful for having you.
Me: hmm so Precious tell me why you ladies are like that? It was through this same means that I got your sister pregnant. You also tried it on me and now madam. Why?
Precious: haha are you telling me your history? Look, don’t think it is only you men that has feelings and chase after ladies. We equally have and it’s even stronger than what you guys experience. When it comes, we find our own ways and means of satisfying ourselves. So when we have any available man around, why won’t we take advantage. I understand madam, her husband feels he can just marry such a beautiful woman like that and leave her at home to suffer. He thinks body be firewood.
Me: hmm really? Then I will suggest to you that it’s not the best. You people need deliverance. Where is my boy?
Precious: He is asleep.
I walked with her to see Makafui the Junior sleeping soundly. I thanked God I didn’t push further for the abortion of the pregnancy. I went back to continue with my daily routines in the house. In the process, I thought about what just happened. If we thought what happened in that room was a secret between myself and madam but someone saw it long ago, then am sure God even saw the end before it started.
Thank God I took the right decision. Soon my wife returned from work and there was joy in the house. Madam was just not in her normal mood for the rest of the day. All she did was to join us take supper and returned to her room. Precious also played her role well by not making madam know that she was aware of what went on. The following day, on our way to alight madam at her school, she apologized for what happened. “Agbanavor, am sorry for what happened yesterday, I actually don’t know what came over me. Please forgive me.” “Oh madam, you need not to be worried. I understand you very well. I think it will be good if you could explain things to your husband about how you do miss him when he is away, I think he can readjust his schedules so that he could equally have time for you.” I said.
“Hmm my brother, you should even be asking why till now I’ve not gotten pregnant. My husband has never satisfied me for once. It is barely seven months now since we got married. You won’t understand.” She said looking very worried. “Madam I understand everything you said. I will help you overcome all your difficulties.” I said to her. “And what do you think you can do to help me?” She asked. “Don’t worry, it will be in-between me and boss.” I said to her. Soon we got to her school and I returned home. Everything in the house seemed to stabilize for some time until my boss returned from America. Per what madam was telling me in the car the other time, it seems my boss was not performing well in bed. This added to the reasons for him not staying home. Haha it could also mean madam’s libidinal energy was higher than my boss could take. I thanked God I didn’t try it for her to break my spine. On our way to inspect progress of his building project, I tried in my own way to find out if madam’s claims were true.
Me: eei boss but so soon do you know you are almost getting a year old after your wedding ceremony?
Boss: Yes oo my guy, time is flying like a bird.
Me: but till now madam is still not carrying belly. Or are you waiting to complete your building before you hit harder? Haha
Boss: hahaha bad boy, that was what you did and impregnated someone’s daughter. Hmm guy but on a more serious note you did well oo, yeah because it’s not easy impregnating a lady. I’ve been doing all I should do but the pregnancy is still not coming.
Me: oh really! Okay boss let me see how best I can help you. You know am a village boy and know more about herbs. I will get you some to be taking and I assure you that sooner or later, she will beg you to stop and the next thing you will see is pregnancy.
Boss: are you serious with what you are saying? Like I will be forever thankful to you.
I assured him. I went into some forest close to the site to search for the herbs I will use for the medicines for him. It wasn’t any big forest but it was more than a simple bush. Suddenly, I heard a voice telling me to look back. I turned and there was nothing behind me. I kept moving forward searching for the herbs. I was not finding the particular one I was looking for. I heard the voice again telling me to look back. All this while, the voice was saying I should take note of where I passed before reaching where I got to in the forest. I didn’t notice that. I got to the middle of the forest and now, I couldn’t locate my way back again. I also saw the particular herb this time around but where to pass and go back became the problem. I will come and appear at where I started in the forest.
Time was far spent so my boss became worried for me not returning. He sent his boys to come into the forest and look for me. As soon as they started their search, I fell into a trance. In the trance, I saw the image I saw back in my village before leaving, and it said to me, “My son let your sister in-law leave the house before you give the herb to your boss if not she will make you loose everything.”
I came into consciousness when I heard a loud voice mentioning my name, it was the voice of the people searching for me. I responded so they were able to trace my voice and came to rescue me. I told them I lost my way out. I apologized to my boss for keeping him waiting. He said he was rather scared something happened to me. I showed the herbs to him but didn’t tell him what went on in the forest. This time around, I ignored the voice because Precious was helping her sister. My boy too was growing well.
I dried the herb for one full week. I then asked him to use it as bitters. My number is xxxxxxxx call me let me get some of the herb for you. My boss started taking this medicine and come see things for yourself. For two and a half hours, he was still active. Just as I knew, he cancelled some of his business schedules and stayed at home. One afternoon, he sent me to the site to check something for him, his wife was gone to work, my wife also went to work. My boss’s father traveled so basically it was left with Precious, my son and my boss. Precious took advantage of the situation. She seduced my boss and because my boss has his vitality drug under his bed, he used it and serviced Precious very well.
They became secret lovers and were doing their own thing in the dark. This time around, madam was suspecting her husband against Precious. One night, Charles woke up quietly to Precious’ room. They started having affair when madam woke up and realized her husband was not beside her on the bed. She started looking for him. First she checked the wash room but Charles was not there. She decided to check the kitchen and from their room to the kitchen, you need to pass in front of my room. When she got to my entrance, she heard a loud moaning from Vero and that increased her quest to look for her husband. She went into the kitchen and still Charles wasn’t around. Something prompted her to check Precious’ room. Lo and behold, the moaning from my room was even nothing compared to the one from Precious’ room. The one Precious was giving was very loud so my boss was cautioning her to stop making noise. This was where madam nearly went mad. She pushed the door and it was locked. She knocked and Precious came out in a towel to open the door. Madam didn’t ask her anything before slapping her very loud in the face. She pushed her away from the door and entered the room. Charles quickly went to hide himself inside the wardrobe in the room.
“Where is my husband you stupid girl?” Madam asked. Before she could say additional words, Precious also replied with a heavy slap. It turned into a fight between madam and Precious. My boss realizing where the thing was getting to wouldn’t help, he came out in his boxers to separate them. Madam got more furious and took some champagne bottle on the table to break Precious’ head but luckily for her, my boss used his hands to block the bottle in the air but got a very deep cut in the end.
Precious also wanted to use another bottle on madam and this time around, because of the pain my boss was going through, he couldn’t save the bottle this time around, it landed on her heard and straight, madam went into coma. This was when Charles rushed to call me to help him. By then I was also just warming up for my next round when he came to call. I opened the door only to see him bleeding seriously. I asked what happened to him and he said it was nothing so I should help his wife. I was running towards his room when he redirected me to Precious’ room. I got in and madam was lying restlessly on the floor. Precious was standing there with the towel on and looking at her without any concern.
“Precious what is happening?” I asked. She was pointing at me with the remaining broken bottle. “Stop asking me questions if not you will receive your part of it.” She said. “What has come over you? Are you getting insane?” I asked. “You are rather getting insane.” She threw the bottle at me but I dodged it. I carried madam and was sending her into the car so that we rush her to the hospital. Come and see trouble for me. Due to anxiety, I was holding the car keys in my hand but was still looking for it in the room.
What has come over Precious? Will madam survive? What next? Let’s check from the next episode. Don’t forget to like and share your comments with us.
Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 11:22pm On Dec 11, 2018
Money Over Love EPISODE 3
© Jones Kwesi Tagbor
“Vero please haven’t you seen where I left the car keys?” I asked. “Sweetheart is that not the key in your hands?” Vero responded. I gave myself a knock on my head and dashed off the room. Vero helped clean the blood from Charles my boss but he said he was okay. He tied it with a bandage and decided to go with me to the hospital. He quickly went to his room and wore some clothes and without delay, we sped to the hospital. The nurses came out and with a sense of eagerness and responsibility, took madam to the emergency unit and fixed oxygen on her. The doctor came around and prompted the need to put her on life support machine. Actually, the strength at which Precious smashed the bottle on her was very severe. My boss was also losing more blood. The bandage was soaked with blood and this drew the attention of the nurses. He was also admitted and due to the blood loss, they needed to infuse him with pints of blood. He was given more than six packs of blood because he was also gradually becoming unconscious. The doctor came few minutes after. They dressed his wounds and sent him to the male ward where he was admitted. After the atmosphere looked a bit calm, the doctor called me to his office.
Doctor: so what exactly happened in the house?
Me: Doc. I can’t vividly tell how everything started. I’m their driver as well as the caretaker of their house. I was in my room when suddenly I heard a knock on my door this night. I came out only to see my boss bleeding so I thought probably there were some robbers around. I asked what the problem was but he refused to tell me. He only directed me to go help his wife in one of the rooms. I went and saw madam motionless on the floor. So quickly I rushed the two of them here.
Doctor: alright. I think this will need the concern of the police because something might be wrong somewhere.
Me: Oh I don’t think there is the need now. Please attend to them to get well first before we find the cause. I want them alive because apart from God, they are my life.
Doctor: alright don’t worry they will be fine.
I knew that when I should allow him to involve the police, Precious would definitely be made to face the full rigours of the law. Around 2pm that day, Mr Charles gained consciousnesses fully. He was discharged but madam was still in a critical condition. He was allowed to go and see her in the emergency room. I went with him and this was where he became furious with Precious. “I can’t believe this is my wife, I am going to skin Precious alive.” He said. The doctor asked him what happened.
“Doctor there is a devil in my house. She caused all this.” He said but I pretended I had no idea about what went on. He was able to narrate what went on but didn’t add what he went doing in Precious’ room at the time. The doctor made him sign a claim form which was sent to the police. Back home, Vero cooked breakfast in the morning for us but we were not coming. She went to check on Precious only to see her lying on the floor. She called out her name to see if she was okay. Precious woke up and started chasing her sister with a broken bottle. Luckily for my wife, together with the police, we arrived at the house and saw what was happening. The police managed to get hold of her and handcuffed her. My boss told the police Precious was responsible for the troubles in the house. They took her away and detained her behind bars for further investigations.
My boss’s father came to hear about what was going on and ordered the police to arrest all of us. He described what happened as a conspiracy against his son. He claimed we wanted to kill his son and take over his properties. The worse was my innocent wife who had no idea and my small boy. The Police came for all of us and locked us in a cell. My boss’s father was a public figure ans very influential in the area so the police acted on his orders. The officer In charge of criminal investigation ordered his men to torture me so that I tell the truth. I was beaten and hurt with the flames of a candle. They minimized the torture on my wife because she was still breastfeeding the baby.
After thorough investigations, my wife and son was allowed to go home but preparations was made for Precious and I to face the court of law. Precious started behaving strangely in the cell. She talked to herself and clapped to something no one could see nor hear. The police suggested they refer her to the Psychiatric hospital for assessment. When she was taken there, it was proven that she was experiencing Mania (A mental illness marked by periods of excitement, delusions and over activity).
After few weeks that Charles, my boss realized I had no idea about what went on, he told his father to let the police release me. His father was of the view that, he shouldn’t entertain us in his house again. He then told his father what exactly went on and that he was the primary cause of everything because if he were not to snick out his wife, nothing as such could have happened. But he agreed not to allow Precious into the house. I equally blamed myself for the cause of the trouble because I should’ve obeyed the voice I heard in the forest by asking Precious out of the house before I gave the medicine to my boss.
Eventually, they came to release us from the cell. I bet you, I wouldn’t recommend the cell to any innocent soul. Life in there was mini hell. I wouldn’t want to describe what I saw there because it was an eyesore. Vero felt sorry for me and hated her sister for life. I advised her not to because it wasn’t her making. It was her mental condition that made her do all that she did. As indicated, the condition poses the individual to be very excited at times and do things he/she wouldn’t have done when in her normal state hence Precious seducing men when it comes. They also do have delusions and becomes over active at times hence Precious chasing her own sister with the bottle.
I thanked my boss for ordering our release. I thanked his father too but he made it known he was not ready for a caretaker anymore so he insisted I pack and leave the house within two months. He said once Precious was able to do such a thing, he feared the condition is in their generic makeup so he is obvious the situation might repeat itself. Madam was already responding to treatment. What my boss did was he gave me money to rent another place where I could stay with my wife and son. Luckily too, we got a place which was not far from where vero works. Precious was also receiving treatment but we were fined to pay a huge sum of money before the case could be dismissed. The police explained that they would’ve imprisoned Precious for what she did but because she was diagnosed as a Psychiatric patient, she was charged to pay Ghc5000.00. It wasn’t fair to me though. If my boss were not to go into the room, that wouldn’t have happened.
When Vero’s father heard of what went on, she said it served us right. He also blamed me for Precious’ condition and due to this, he refused to pay the money. We were also given two weeks to pay the money and if not I will be held responsible since Precious was seen to be mentally ill. The medical bills my boss also needed to pay was very high. He needed to pay this money in order to save her life. I explained to my boss to help me pay for the court fines but unfortunately for me this time around, he said he was hard up. His building project must even be put on hibernation for sometime. I then asked Vero to help me pay for that money since she was also working.
Out of love for me and her sister, she took all she had in her account and I added all I had but yet still, it wasn’t up to the amount. I needed to borrow from some friends to add up. I fortunately got the money and paid for the case to be dismissed. I’ve now come to class one again. We moved out of the house to our newly rented apartment. Thankfully, madam was discharged but could not remember anything that happened. It even took her days to recognize her husband.
Now that I lost my source of income, my father in-law had a good standing to take Vero away from me despite the fact that I married her. Anytime Vero visited them, his main focus was that she should divorce me. Precious was also doing well on medication. Vero always stood firm that she loved me and nothing will make her leave me. She explained to her father that, love was not all about money.
“Daddy am not complaining in my matrimonial home. Besides, my husband doesn’t come begging for food from you before we eat. He loves me and I love him too. It is your daughter, Precious who is to be blamed for his financial handicap. I have the peace I want so Daddy with due respect, I am not leaving my husband alone. For better for worse, in riches or poverty, we will love each other. Just look at my son, is he not growing well? Daddy please reconsider your decisions” Precious said to her father. “Alright, well Said. I wish you the best.” Her father said. Vero thanked him and left.
After two years of treatment, Precious’ condition became stabilized. Most people feel mental illnesses cannot be cued. That is not really true. With continues medication and good enabling environment, the situation can stabilize and the person will be good to go but it also depends on the severity of the condition. Precious came back into her normal state and luckily for her, gained admission into the university to study Political science. I also got employed by one pure water factory to be the driver for one of their vans so I may say life was manageable for us until I was involved in an accident. Hmm to be a man is not just a matter of being a male but being able to face challenges. The accident affected my reproductive organ so what happened to my boss was gradually eating into myself and vero.
Will Vero change towards the man she loved? Let’s check from the next episode. Don’t forget to like and share your comments with us.

Read more here - http://youngicee.com/category/money-over-love
Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 12:18am On Dec 18, 2018
Money Over Love 2 Episode 4
© Jones Kwesi Tagbor
All Rights Reserved
Vero started behaving strangely towards me. She goes to work and comes back late. If I try complaining, she will only give some flimsy excuses. She was even the one who found the job as a driver for me. The sachet water factory belongs to her boss so when she explained things to him concerning my unemployment status and her boss gave me the opportunity to drive one of his vans.
When the accident occurred, the factory footed the bill to some point and stopped. How I wished I had an insurance cover by then. The accident inflicted terrible pains on my spinal cord such that, I needed to undergo a surgery. I had to accumulate money to continue the surgery in order to correct the problem but the money was no where to be found. We used all we had to pay the court charges. When it’s night, I do feel the pain in my spinal cord so there was no way I could have sex with my wife. Initially she was able to cope with the situation but as time went on, she started putting up this behaviour.
One interesting thing we don’t usually recognize is that, some behaviours can show a partner is cheating but might not necessarily be. Indications and suspicions does not always mean cheating. If you don’t have a definitive proof of your wife cheating, don’t let your suspicion carry you away and make accusations of infidelity. Be very sure of your facts before you draw conclusions, if not, you will just be building up pressure in your heart. Anyway, I think trust for each other also matters. What I’m saying doesn’t mean you should wait until everything is out of hand before you take action. All I’m saying is have enough facts and don’t put yourself into any unnecessary pressure. One evening, Faustina asked me how long I will remain in my condition instead of making her feel like a woman
Me: Vero, I know how you are feeling. Don’t worry. I will be okay very soon. I know how much you love me. Help me raise money to complete the surgery.”
Vero: My husband, I believe that you will be fine. I do feel bad seeing you like this. Don’t worry. I will ask my father to help us.
Me: Your father? No. Please don’t multiply the problems. How can you go to your father asking him to help us? I don’t agree with you
Vero: I’m going as his daughter and not the wife of his enemy. I don’t believe my father will listen to me and refuse to help us. He loves me and will be ready to do everything for me to be happy. You just leave everything to me.
Me: Hmm I’m just foreseeing danger ahead of me should you go to this man for help. I think we should rather check from Charles and his wife.
Vero: Yes that is not a bad idea.
A week later, she went to Charles’ house but unfortunately, he wasn’t in the country. She met his wife, Madam Faustina, only in the house. Madam Faustina expressed her wish to help but due to what happened, all their money was used to settle the hospital bills. She said she was not sure her husband could equally help. Vero came back to tell me about how it went. I felt bad but there was nothing I could do. I wouldn’t say madam Faustina was wicked to us because we were all aware how much money was spent on her to bring her back to life. Vero suggested I start going to church and probably, the church could help raise funds for me. I explained to her that was not a good idea because going to church shouldn’t be on a condition that I needed some material help from them.
This has almost being the mindset of some people in church. They attend church because they want some material help from them. Yes, the church is more or less a society where there is the need for mutual support for one another but that shouldn’t be the main motive for going to church. We go to church simply to worship God together as a group in order to secure our salvation. I agreed to join a church but not because of the help I needed. Few weeks later, Vero sneaked out of the house to her father’s house. She was supposed to pick Junior Makafui from school that day but she didn’t. She thought she could return before they close from school. She went to tell her father what was happening to me and requested for his help. My in-law just stood up and went into his room after Vero has finished saying what she had to say. He never uttered a word before going into his room. Vero was thinking he was going to probably take his cheque book to sign for her. She waited for long but he wasn’t coming out. She decided to check on him at the room and saw him sitting by his table reading a news paper.
Vero: Dad I told you something but you never responded. I have been waiting for you to come and give me a response but you were not coming so I decide to follow up.
Dad: Do I look like a Father Christmas to you? Or have you heard in the news that your father has started operating some charity organization?
Vero: oh Dad please it hasn’t gotten to that. Remember I’m still your daughter.
Dad: My daughter my foot. My daughter will listen to my advice and take instructions from me. My daughter will not feel like she knows better than her father. My daughter won’t marry any good for nothing idiot like what you call your husband. Lady, you can see I’m reading on issues concerning this country and beyond. I wish you leave me to continue reading.
Vero: I want to believe you won’t feel bad when something happens to me. I will fight for my husband and I know you will one day see miracles happen for us. I’m leaving.
Dad: Don’t forget to close the door after you.
Her father said to her and with tears she went out. Vero thought her father had a change of mind when he called her back. “Come I have something good for you.” Her father said. Vero eagerly returned and got closer to her father. “Take that brown envelope on the bed for me”, her father requested. Vero went to take it for him and he asked her to sit down. All these while, vero’s phone was off. She knew I will call so she switched it off. Her father took the envelope and brought out a magazine. It was a magazine belonging to his network marketing company. He opened it and showed her a picture of one gentleman who was earning Ghc 3000.00 per week. He said that guy was still single and wanted a beautiful but intelligent lady to marry. “I told him I will give one of my daughters to him to marry. Precisely, I was referring to your younger sister. But looking at things, I can see you are not having any happiness in that thing you call marriage so I wanted to give you to him. Forget about that gateman. He has no future for you” Her Dad said.
Vero: Daddy I think we are coming back to class one. I told you severally that I don’t want any other man than Makafui. Please let Precious get married to him and I’m sure you will be very excited to see your daughter marrying a millionaire. For me I’m out.
This time around, she never asked any permission but left the room. She looked at the wall clock in the hall and time was far gone. “Oh my God, Junior will still be waiting for me at school”, she said to herself. She switched on her phone this time around and called to informed me that something went wrong somewhere so she will come and tell me later. She asked me to call someone to go in for Junior from school because, by the time she will get there, it will be too late. I told her I already called the school so one of his teachers brought him to the house.
Vero came to narrate everything that happened in her father’s house to me. I queried her that I had warned her not to go there but she didn’t listen. She apologized and prepared supper for the home. As the days and weeks went past, my condition was just getting severe. I now found it difficult to even sit down. My better position was to lie on the bed. Vero was having the feeling that it won’t be long and I will die if no action was taken. She said she wouldn’t like to be called a widow at her tender age.
One day when she got to work, she decided to ask her boss who was the owner of the factory I worked with to support her in flying me out of the country for the surgery. Her boss said she should come to his house after work for any amount of her choice because he could feel the pain she was going through. Vero thanked her stars and even praised her boss with more bootlicking words. After work, Vero went for Junior at school and sent him home. She then said she had some appointment at her work side so she will join us later and left to this man’s house.
Mr Mike, her boss, was equally married but he cheats on his wife. He was sometime ago reported contracted some STI but I was not very sure of that. That very day, his wife was not around at the time Vero got there. He gave her a warm reception and later, brought out his cheque book and asked Vero to write any amount she wants on the cheque so that he signs for her. Vero wrote Ghc50,000.00 and handed the cheque back to him. Mr Mike saw the amount and smiled. “Vero all this money will be yours on just one condition” He said. The condition was Vero to satisfy him sexually that evening and any other time he requested for it. He placed the cheque on the center table and sat down. “Use what you have to get what you want”, He said.
Do you suggest Vero should satisfy Mr Mike and get the money? Is Mr Mike free from any Sexually Transmitted Diseases?

Read more here- www.youngicee.com/category/money-over-love
Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 12:26am On Dec 18, 2018
Please make comments if you're reading. So I can know if I should continue
Re: Money Over Love by povicky1(m): 11:17am On Jan 29, 2019
Oga oyin abeg kontinue
Re: Money Over Love by Oyinprince(m): 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2019
povicky1:
Oga oyin abeg kontinue
You can read all the episodes here - www.youngicee.com/category/money-over-love

(1) (Reply)

Saved By The Twinkle Of Her Eyes / Ogbanje (an African Fantasy) / Book Launch: Models And Mentors By Uju Onyechere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 420
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.