Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Liberia President George Weah Declares Free Education At Public Universities - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Liberia President George Weah Declares Free Education At Public Universities (297 Views)

Snakes Chase President George Weah Away From Office / Lessons From Liberia's President-elect, George Weah's Victory / George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Liberia President George Weah Declares Free Education At Public Universities by sureboy3000(m): 6:50pm On Oct 24, 2018
President of Liberia George weah, has publicly declared that all public universities in Liberia will be tuition free. No school fees for any student pursuing undergraduate education at public universities in the country.

Weah made the announcement during his visit to the University of Liberia and also took to his Facebook page to announce the joyful news to the world.

Speaking to the crowd, he also promised that he would make University education free in the country and make Liberia an example to other African nations on the continent.

During the last campaign before his election, George Weah said to a large congregation of his supporters, “I played football in Europe. I would have stayed in Europe and enjoyed my money, but I came to Liberia to redeem you from the bondage of hardships. See what I have done in this country in terms of development.”

Today, will come down as one to be remembered in history as the president, in a few months after his election, has declared the prestigious University of Liberia and all other public Universities in Liberia tuition free.

In a message through his official Facebook handle, the president wrote:

“Today, I am excited to announce that I have declared the university of Liberia and all other public universities in Liberia Tuition free for all undergraduates.”

This is indeed good news and one which will go down well with youth not only in Liberia but Africa in general.
Source :https://etiketa.com.ng/liberia-president-george-weah-declares-free-education-public-universities/
Re: Liberia President George Weah Declares Free Education At Public Universities by iluvdonjazzy: 7:06pm On Oct 24, 2018
k
Re: Liberia President George Weah Declares Free Education At Public Universities by AskProf: 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2018
And here, "They say what we know, is what they tell us..."

(1) (Reply)

China Unveils Nelson Mandela Statue To Mark Diplomatic Relations With S. Africa / BREAKING: Sudan Defence Minister Sworn In As Chief Of New Military Council. / $9bn Judgment Debt: Nigeria To Know Fate On June 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.