Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead (18267 Views)

Two Corps Members Die As Vehicle Plunges Into River In Enugu (Photos) / Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) / 3 People Die As 14-Seater Bus Plunges Into River In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by Crimecity: 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2018
As many as three people have been feared dead as a car plunges deep inside the Agbarho river in Delta state.

No fewer than three persons have been reportedly drowned as vehicle carrying five passengers plunged into the Agbarho River along the East-West Road in Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State.
The incident was said to have occurred during a downpour on Tuesday.

This is coming barely a month after a similar incident occurred, which claimed the lives of three persons who were returning from Bayelsa State.
Two of the five passengers were said to have survived the accident.

At the time our correspondent visited the scene of the accident on Wednesday, local and professional divers were still battling to recover the bodies of the passengers that were drowned in the accident.
One of the deceased was identified as Omamode Ojegba, in his early 40s and said to be the campaign Director General of the Delta State ADP Governorship Candidate, Frank Esanubi.

A friend to one of the victims who did not want to be quoted said the occupants were returning from a political meeting in Kwale when the accident occurred.
However, as at Wednesday when the vehicle was recovered, the bodies of the three victims were yet to be found.

When contacted, the state commandant of the FRSC, Rindom Kumven, said he has not been briefed about the incident.

https://zenithnaija.com/three-people-feared-dead-in-delta-as-vehicle-plunges-into-river/

Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by paymentvoucher: 8:49pm On Oct 24, 2018
sad
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by devigblegble: 8:50pm On Oct 24, 2018
Lord have mercy

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by emeijeh(m): 8:50pm On Oct 24, 2018
No single correlation between the story and the attached picture.

Na wah for Nairaland o.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by mikhe2(m): 8:50pm On Oct 24, 2018
Nt far 4rm my place.
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by icebird25(m): 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2018
But I don't know what to say exactly but to put the blame on buhari.......anybody that will quote me here may thunder fall on you in advance

2 Likes

Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by Groovenaija360(m): 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2018
Buhari Why na undecided

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by CuTTiieAngeL(f): 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2018
Father save our families from accidents, i wonder why accidents have increased this ember month.
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by Oloriode: 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2018
The Lord comforts their family.

Check my signature
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by PrincessB1(f): 8:56pm On Oct 24, 2018
So sad
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by sowore2019: 8:58pm On Oct 24, 2018
They are members of the AAC, we mourn them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by stankezzy: 8:58pm On Oct 24, 2018
from election campaign , if you know , you know
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 24, 2018
CuTTiieAngeL:
Father save our families from accidents, i wonder why accidents have increased this ember month.
father never told u to use cars
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by musicnmagic(m): 9:07pm On Oct 24, 2018
CuTTiieAngeL:
Look stunning on your DP
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by MENFASHIONCLUB(m): 9:09pm On Oct 24, 2018
Yesterday was a horrible day for me. I got to the scene of the accident on my way from my office, Robinson Gbagi Mal, Effurun. Two of the accident victims managed to swim out and they confessed that they dont even know how to swim. The accident happened at the peak of the downpour. If the two guys had not survived, nobody would have known anything like that happened, cos there were no eye witnesses. Just after i got there, few sympathizers contributed money to buy the needed "Marine Rope" and the first divers insisted that we must pay 50k mobilisation before they can venture into the fast flowing and dirty river. After some haggling, the divers collected 20k and they ventured into the river. Yet, there wasnt any meaningful outcome after 2hours.

I had to volunteer my Toyota Hilux to pull out the "drowned" vehicle, block the road to divert traffic, stay under the rain for 2hours and yet the crowd was so noisy and the whole place was chaotic. No cordination, no FRSC, no Police, no NEMA. I had to leave the scene deflated, angry, frustrated and dazed. This is the 3rd on that bridge in 2months.

I got home late and i couldnt get a good sleep cos the whole scenario was playing back in my dreams. I just hate to be in this Country, Nigeria.

19 Likes

Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by theophorus(m): 9:10pm On Oct 24, 2018
...May the Lord Keep Us in His Mercies.
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by idonhammer: 9:16pm On Oct 24, 2018
CuTTiieAngeL:
Because the Gods are angry....You fine sha!

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by dingbang(m): 9:17pm On Oct 24, 2018
emeijeh:
No single correlation between the story and the attached picture.

Na wah for Nairaland o.
if they snap picture of the incident, Nigerians will complain that they dont have sympathy for the wounded.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by Oju4190: 9:21pm On Oct 24, 2018
Fake picture....that is not the Agbarho bridge where the accident occured
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by asmovic(m): 9:29pm On Oct 24, 2018
icebird25:
But I don't know what to say exactly but to put the blame on buhari.......anybody that will quote me here may thunder fall on you in advance
you wey Thunder don already finish... you will type and still put a clause. if you don't want anybody to quote you then, type in your own created group or forum. Not here where reasonable people abounds.
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by icebird25(m): 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2018
asmovic:
you wey Thunder don already finish... you will type and still put a clause. if you don't want anybody to quote you then, type in your own created group or forum. Not here where reasonable people abounds.

Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by CuTTiieAngeL(f): 9:51pm On Oct 24, 2018
yeyerolling:
father never told u to use cars
yeee!!! make we use leg dey travell abi wetin?
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 24, 2018
CuTTiieAngeL:
yeee!!! make we use leg dey travell abi wetin?
he did no mk cars so y shud he protect any one self. Things lim dis na norm
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by pacino26(m): 9:55pm On Oct 24, 2018
Sadly I passed thru that road today and no sight of Professional divers just some canoe paddling men hoping for a lucky dive.

Emergency services in this country is a big mess. The incident occurred yesterday and nothing was done till late today. There was no sign of any activity as at 5pm when I passed there to PH.

May God help his own.

RIP to the dead. They died out of our collective indifference and negligence.
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by CuTTiieAngeL(f): 10:04pm On Oct 24, 2018
yeyerolling:
he did no mk cars so y shud he protect any one self. Things lim dis na norm
so you travel far with what? HE GAVE ideas to make life easier for us, did he make the ship noah used.
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 24, 2018
CuTTiieAngeL:
so you travel far with what? HE GAVE ideas to make life easier for us, did he make the ship noah used.
e don do i like ur big A$$ THO

2 Likes

Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by irichy100(m): 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2018
MENFASHIONCLUB:
Yesterday was a horrible day for me. I got to the scene of the accident on my way from my office, Robinson Gbagi Mal, Effurun. Two of the accident victims managed to swim out and they confessed that they dont even know how to swim. The accident happened at the peak of the downpour. If the two guys had not survived, nobody would have known anything like that happened, cos there were no eye witnesses. Just after i got there, few sympathizers contributed money to buy the needed "Marine Rope" and the first divers insisted that we must pay 50k mobilisation before they can venture into the fast flowing and dirty river. After some haggling, the divers collected 20k and they ventured into the river. Yet, there wasnt any meaningful outcome after 2hours.

I had to volunteer my Toyota Hilux to pull out the "drowned" vehicle, block the road to divert traffic, stay under the rain for 2hours and yet the crowd was so noisy and the whole place was chaotic. No cordination, no FRSC, no Police, no NEMA. I had to leave the scene deflated, angry, frustrated and dazed. This is the 3rd on that bridge in 2months.

I got home late and i couldnt get a good sleep cos the whole scenario was playing back in my dreams. I just hate to be in this Country, Nigeria.

May God reward u sir!
Don't mind our security agencies, only after their pockets.
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by Henjor48(m): 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2018
Chai

Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by asmovic(m): 10:37pm On Oct 24, 2018
icebird25:

e pain am hahaha..
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by EnaibeSam: 11:03pm On Oct 24, 2018
Jesus
Re: Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead by EnaibeSam: 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2018
God of Mercy. That accident must have happened few moment I passed that bridge yesterday because it was already raining before I passed Agbarho, and it got to its peak when I got to DSC round-about which is about 3 minutes drive from the scene. Rip to the departed souls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN / 22 Things To Know About The Oshodi-apapa Expressway / Japa: Man Fervently Prays On His Nigerian Passport For U.S Visa, Others (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.