Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP (19111 Views)

Edo 2024: Philip Shaibu Declares Governorship Bid Under PDP / Throwback Poster Of Rochas Okorocha Campaigning Under PDP For Imo Governor / Presidency Releases ‘checklist’ On Killings Under PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP by pooozeee(m): 1:37pm On Oct 25, 2018
OHLY OR HOLY ONLY OR OHLY ? Who noticed the error too ?
Re: UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP by gare(f): 1:50pm On Oct 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

October 24, 2018

The United Nations has begun partial movement back to its edifice in Abuja, Nigeria, eight years after it was bombed by boko haram insurgents.

The UN Resident Coordinator, Edward Kallon , announced the movement to the building at the celebration of the 73rd UN Day on Wednesday in Abuja.

Mr. Kallon explained that the UN building built by the Federal Government was being occupied by the UN agencies in 2005 until the unfortunate bombing on August 26, 2011.

“The 2018 UN Day is a very important day for the UN system in Nigeria as it underscores the excellent cooperation and partnership of the UN and Nigeria over the years.

“Indeed this year’s UN Day also marks the UN family partial move back to the UN House.

“To the UN in Nigeria the UN House is a symbol of the resilience of our extraordinary cooperation and partnership with the Government and people of Nigeria,” he explained.

“The 2011 bombing of the UN house was an attack against those who devoted themselves to serving UN values,” according to Mr. Kallon.

He commended the Nigerian Government and its citizens for their commitment to rebuild the UN House.

Mr. Kallon expressed the hope that the partial movement which he said would begin with UNDP, UNICEF among others would inspire the staff to work better.

He said that the movement would help the workers build stronger partnerships and build a better future for the people of Nigeria.

“Let us recommit ourselves, while celebrating the UN Day to make the world a better place for all, where nobody will be left behind,” he said.

In a message, the Minister of Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Mohammed Bello, described the event as significant as it marked the first time of gathering again at the building after the 2011 bombing of the building.

The Minister who was represented by Mr. Umar Jubril, an official of the Ministry said the reopening represented the fulfillment of efforts to rebuild but to make the UN building better.

“The UN building stands out as the symbol of our resilience and unbroken promises in addressing various challenges we are facing as a nation,” he said

Congratulating UN family on the return to the edifice, he assured them of the FCT’s commitment on security of life and property of all staff and their families and the institution

“The FCT Administration has worked to improve the security architecture in the territory to forestall reoccurrence of the last ugly incidence.”

“We have beefed up security presence in and around the premises and ensure security surveillance around the area.

“We also pledge our commitment to serve as a good host to the UN family urge your staff to feel welcome in the FCT in which the ideal,” he said.

The UN building in Abuja, Nigeria was bombed through a car bomb explosion on Friday, August 26th, 2011 which killed about 21 people and wounded 60 persons.

https://www.von.gov.ng/un-moves-back-to-abuja-office-bombed-8-years-ago/

From the article there was no where PDP was mentioned, but you copied someone else is article and you change the title, you can see how petty you are shame on you, you should grow up and stop all this because your obsession with PDP is getting to another level
Re: UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP by bantudra: 1:53pm On Oct 25, 2018
this people should stay away from nigeria....boko haram or not....

who begged them to come back....?
Re: UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:20pm On Oct 25, 2018
Gone were the days when Boko Haram held sway over a vast land mass of Nigerian territory and had the audacity to bomb our national capital city, Abuja; under the nose of a sitting president; whose lame excuse for not going hard against them was that they were his siblings; while shamefully and dishonestly diverting the money meant to fight the war towards his 2nd bid campaign, at the expense of millions of lives and properties of the innocent citizens of the NE, including those of his poorly equipped soldiers which he callously left exposed to the atrocities of the terrorists.

Never again.

1 Like

Re: UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP by mikron(m): 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2018
Positiveminds:
For those who care to know, GEJ's administration started rebuilding the UN house before APC came in. It shouldn't be taken to be an achievement by the lifeless APC government.
propaganda, ask ur self, who bombed the eagle square, do ur findings and stop supporting GEJ and their likes

1 Like

Re: UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP by mikron(m): 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2018
adedehinbo:
before you loose your brain and start shouting atikulate everywhere,remember sometimes;
1.bokoharam wasn't operating only in remotes villages in northern states but also its cities,even abuja UN offices wasn't spared
2.remember there was sometimes we could never boast of 2hrs power supply in a week
3.remember there were sometimes politicians were given free pass to embezzle public funds
4.if atiku could be with a party that ruled Nigeria for 16yrs and got us into this dire state,I don't see see any difference he is coming back to make
Atiku company alone is responsible for importing generators into this country,tell me how could there be adequate power supply if his cronies are the ones in power.
I don't understand how someone could be so desperate to spend billions of naira to win his party primary election,tell me how he isn't gonna use his first years in the to recover all his loses while you languish in poverty
election will come and go but you still gonna remain poor but I see no reason why you won't use your brain now to differentiate between desperation and someone willing to serve the masses
u just spoke my mind, well written, well spelt out. atikulating my foot. a known thief wants to come and rule me under a looting party. tufiakwa

3 Likes

Re: UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2018
emeijeh:

Why are you confusing yourself? grin
Let me explain further, the event happened in September 2011, if there was an annual event slated for October 2011 in that location it would not hold. They would be right in saying at that time "The event did not hold this year".

By October 2012, they would also be right to say, " For the second year in a row we could not hold the event at the UN complex". That is 2 years in counting, and a 1 year period has elapsed.

Sounds confusing but it is what is grin grin grin
Re: UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP by emeijeh(m): 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2018
renewa29:

Let me explain further, the event happened in September 2011, if there was an annual event slated for October 2011 in that location it would not hold. They would be right in saying at that time "The event did not hold this year".

By October 2012, they would also be right to say, " For the second year in a row we could not hold the event at the UN complex". That is 2 years in counting, and a 1 year period has elapsed.

Sounds confusing but it is what is grin grin grin

And a child that was born in September 2011 will be how old by now?
Re: UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP by Butterflyleo: 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2018
Positiveminds:

[s]
You have once again proved to the world that you also suffer monumental dementia. UN moved out not just because of the incidence of the bomb attack.The building had become structurally damaged. They came back on completion of the building.

Make no mistakes about this, the international community does not see Nigeria safer now than it was during GEJ's time. There has been wantom killings everywhere since this your paymaster came in. With the orgy of violence everywhere, as seen in Kaduna, Nasarawa, Benue, Zamfara and many others, how would you even think that UN's return to Abuja office is expression of confidence on PMB's administration. It certainly is not.

Go borrow some good useful brain and live like reason normal human being, not like some unproductive daura bred cow[/s].

A wailers rant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP by Butterflyleo: 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2018
gare:

[s]From the article there was no where PDP was mentioned, but you copied someone else is article and you change the title, you can see how petty you are shame on you, you should grow up and stop all this because your obsession with PDP is getting to another level[/s]

Another wailers rant. It was in the era of GEJ OF PDP that this happened after THE SAME PDP looted monies meant for fighting insurgency and you say I doctored the report?

Was it in the time of Gowon that I happened?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP by gare(f): 6:51pm On Oct 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Another wailers rant. It was in the era of GEJ OF PDP that this happened after THE SAME PDP looted monies meant for fighting insurgency and you say I doctored the report?

What has the report got to do with PDP , you guys need to grow up and look for projects to do, the money used in paying you guys for propaganda could be used for something meaningful that will benefit Nigerians, and for your information it was the weapons bought by PDP that's been used in fighting boko haram so I don't know what you seem to be saying.

All this lies and counter lies will not win you elections
Re: UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP by gare(f): 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

What has the report got to do with PDP , you guys need to grow up and look for projects to do, the money used in paying you guys for propaganda could be used for something meaningful that will benefit Nigerians, and for your information it was the weapons bought by PDP that's been used in fighting so I don't know what you seem to be saying.

Re: UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP by Butterflyleo: 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2018
gare:

What has the report got to do with PDP , you guys need to grow up and look for projects to do, the money used in paying you guys for propaganda could be used for something meaningful that will benefit Nigerians, and for your information it was the weapons bought by PDP that's been used in fighting so I don't know what you seem to be saying.

You have already lost the elections. Deal with that fact
Re: UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2018
bamidelee:

oloriburuku ni iwo ati awon to nie

Really?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sale Mamman Inspects 49MW Power Plants In Calabar / Buhari: Nigerians Just Make Noise To Get Better Deal / Babafemi Ojudu: Not Surporting Tinubu Is Not Betrayal, I Won't Be Blackmailed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.