Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,984 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

How To Style Isiagu As A Mafia Jacket - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Style Isiagu As A Mafia Jacket (758 Views)

Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend / Nigerian Man, His Oyibo Wife And Kids Dressed In Isiagu Attire / Meet Emmanuel Okoro Of Emmy Kasbit: Biography, Designer Of Theresa May’s Jacket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Style Isiagu As A Mafia Jacket by Xperience12: 9:04am On Oct 25, 2018
The importance of the Isiagu clothing in Igbo tradition cannot be overstated. Isiagu fabric is one of the most revered pieces of clothing among the Igbos. The word “isiagu” means “Head Of a Lion” and is reference to the lion head motif tiled across the fabric.

The Isiagu is used by the Igbo people of Nigeria for formal events. It is equivalent to the western tux or suit in its level of formalness. Usually reserved for (male) chiefs in the Igbo community, it is more widely used now across Igbo culture.

For today’s blogpost editorial, I decided to take the Isiagu clothing to a different fashion dimension. I’ve created this editorial in collaboration with an amazing Menswear Brand @bespokenigeria, and they indeed brought creativity to this by creating an Isiagu overcoat jacket, something out of the norm!

The approach was simple, create something urban out of the traditional cultural attire. It’s one thing to use the Isiagu fabric to tailor an overcoat jacket, but it’s another thing altogether to get the perfect fit and stand out styling right.

Though most times, choosing a fitted outfit is imperative, however when wearing the overcoat, a slightly bogus jacket is advised. This is due to the fact that at most instances, it could be worn as a fourth piece to a three Piece suit or a third piece to a two piece suit.

For an urban look, team your jacket with a pair of slim-cut wool or cotton trousers, could be patterned or stripped trousers like in these looks, a smart button-down plain shirt (white preferably to be on a safe side), a matching canvas and add a finishing touch with some accessories like a tie, brooch caps/hats, sunglasses etc.

For my style, I wore the Isiagu overcoat with a white cotton shirt, a stripped black trouser, a white sneakers and I had it accessorized with a multicolored tie, a brooch and a white facecap, paired with sunglasses. I held a patterned dufflebag to add life to the style.

Though it could look like an awkward dressing, there is nothing like styling something different and unique. When styled correctly, it could top the list of show-stopping urban wear options.

Source: http://chimmiboy.com/2018/10/24/isiagu-overcoat-an-urban-igbo-gentleman/

Instagram: @chimmiboy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stoning Machine Available For Sale!! / Beautiful Ankara Styles 2020 For Ladies To Wow / Face Shield Is Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.