Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,732 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old With An 'Electric Brain' - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old With An 'Electric Brain' (61516 Views)

Teacher Shot By 6-year-Old With Gun In US Classroom / Idowu Abbas: Kaduna University Sacks Lecturer For Sexual Harassment / Abel Idowu Olayinka & President Macron: Student Blasts UI VC For Insensitivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old With An 'Electric Brain' by Admitwithschola: 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2018
frozen70:

You made a point

Due to the harsh economy, only government can bring out money to do so without feeling the cost

The target you gave your
sisters /brothers children are in order and you made available teachers for them

Those teachers will be paid

The promise you made for them must be fulfilled if they meet up your target

Now tell me, if you don't have the financial resources, you won't even think of it

Every thing boils Down to availability of funds

The rich sorts themselves out with the money they have

While the poor looks up to such help

God will provide for our children

I agree with you, but there are non-pecuniary ways to motivate people or a deferred pecuniary motivation. That's why parents who don't know much or have much should actively seek good mentors for their kids. I have mentored many people, some on this nairaland, some outside..People I didn't know from anywhere..These people have gone on to do great things. Although money is good, it's not everything. There are other ways of motivating kids.

One thing I specialize in, I think it's my calling, is that if I see a poor kid with academic talent, I ALWAYS take responsibility of that talent and never allow it die, lielie. There are many people like me, with 10,0000000000 more resources, in that Nigeria
Re: Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old With An 'Electric Brain' by baddosky1: 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2018
Admitwithschola:

Bro, normally I won't quote you, but this is to say you deeply disappointed me. I mean deeply.

How can you really stoop this low? I don't believe you're like this in real life.

Are you saying great achievements are a one dimensional matter? For someone to be great, he/she must do the same, the same thing that other great people did?

I remember being wowed and so proud of those girls that did Nigeria proud in the science competition in the US. Now, we we another truly electric brain girl who has impressed very seriously in a mathematics competition. We're praising her hard work, talents and effort, you are here comparing this little math genius to other sets of genius and saying why didn't one set belong to another.. Very sad.

One thing is sure..There is no way a tribalist can survive in any of my companies. I will actively scout for tribalist and actively fire them. Tribalist cause divisions.
I thought that scourge will die with our parents generation, but no, our parents did a very bad job of passing it down to many of their children. Sadly, many of the children unwisely accepted it from their parents. Very sadly indeed. I shame for all tribalist.

Anyway, this girl's performance is a genius performance. I have taught in Nigeria and around the world. I will put this girl in the top 7% of the best math students I have come across globally!!!

Those group of girls that made us proud in America, I'm very proud of them. If they were from poor homes, I for don contact dem teytey to discuss possible scholarships. But sadly, they have middle class or well off parents, judging by the secondary school they attended or are attending.

We have young brains in that Nigeria, truly gifted brains. One of the reasons I won't mind becoming a millionaire or billionaire is to unlock the potentials of young and hard working or gifted/talented people. With just 1 million dollars, I know wetin I fit do for young people

@the bolded...it means no Yoruba man can work for you.
Re: Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old With An 'Electric Brain' by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 12:51pm On Oct 30, 2018
OsuMustGo:

I won't cast my pearls before an OSU swine kiss
does ur fada work in pig farm
Re: Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old With An 'Electric Brain' by OsuMustGo: 1:40pm On Oct 30, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
does ur fada work in pig farm
Ask your mama nau

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old With An 'Electric Brain' by evaben169(f): 10:14pm On May 30, 2019
wow babe!
Thumbs up dear.
I wish you soar high like an eagle and pray for my kids to also soar like you and bring changes to our academics section in Jesus name Amen
Re: Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old With An 'Electric Brain' by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 31, 2019
Cowbellpedia is a pretty easy competition. You can answer their questions without too much thought cause its all about doing mental computation which is not really the essence of math.

Go and look at MATHCOUNTS, AMC, USAMO and Russian Olympiad questions and you will see that you can not even compare them with cowbellpedia based on difficulty even though they all share the same age range and are for the same classes. They give their kids questions that make them think. That's why when Nigerian students go for international mathematical competitions you'll be seeing them failing. Most of them lack the ability to think and create original ideas cause they've never been challenged.

The fact that cowbellpedia is our leading math comp. just shows the backwardness of this country!

Big thumbs up to the girl sha wink
Re: Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old With An 'Electric Brain' by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 16, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Dig further into her background, you might discover that she is from a very poor family

May God continue to make her a source of blessing both to her family and her country

Congrats

I like your personal text.

1 Like

Re: Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old With An 'Electric Brain' by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 16, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Dig further into her background, you might discover that she is from a very poor family

May God continue to make her a source of blessing both to her family and her country

Congrats

I like your personal text

1 Like

Re: Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old With An 'Electric Brain' by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 16, 2020
Zico5:
Omo oduduwa, we rock like anything. Comparing us with anyone is like comparing Obama with Buhari. We don't make noise but our feat speak louder and that's why we are richly blessed in materials and intelligence.

And you are making noise already
Re: Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old With An 'Electric Brain' by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 16, 2020
OsuMustGo:

She's not
She is Yoruba
Afonjas are tiny ethnic branch of yorubas from Kwara state

Shebi you sabi nah why you dey tell them. It seems you don't know those mofos Igbo, short nicker call Yorubas Afonjas. RIP to them.

Laugh wan kill me one one day when one omo ajekuta mamu omi was calling Tottenham, Tottuham...omo I wan die
Re: Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old With An 'Electric Brain' by yusman14(m): 7:32am On Jul 21, 2020
Admitwithschola:

^^ I agree with you and have voiced my disagreement with anyone attributing brilliance to only poor man pikin.

It pains me to say that most of the brilliant youngsters that I have known (including this outstanding girl answering these questions), they are often from middle class or rich families. It pains me that the poor ones that should be representing seriously well, many of them just get lazy. E dey vex me.

Some of us are actively scouting for poor kids that are doing very well in their academics, e be like we dey find gold inside sea.
If you are scouting for poor students with exceptional academics feat,then you can go to any public university. most of the guys blasting 5.0CGPA are from a very poor background in my school. ..they just have the mentality that a first class can take their family out of poverty...
Re: Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old With An 'Electric Brain' by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 21, 2020
EzegeNG:
A 14-year-old Nigerian schoolgirl has gained the attention of social media users for being a genius after she was nicknamed 'Electric Brain' because of her academic feat.

A 14-year-old school girl identified as Oluwatunmise Idowu, is being celebrated online and has got the internet buzzing with mixed reactions over how incredibly smart she is.

It was learnt that Oluwatunmise had in 2016, solved 17 mathematical questions correctly in 60 seconds, on the Cowbellpedia TV quiz show, an impressive feat that earned her the nickname, 'Electric Brain'.

There's no doubt that the future is bright for the young girl who is not only brilliant but also great at thinking critically under pressure.

A Twitter page @SplufikNG, who shared her incredible news online, posted her photo and wrote: "Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old girl who has been described as a scholar with an "electric" brain. In 2016, she solved 17 Mathematical problems correctly in 60 seconds, a record on Cowbellpedia TV-Quiz Show. The record is still unbroken till date."

Many social media users have expressed love for the young girl who is definitely one of the smart heads in her generation.

See more:

https://zenithnaija.com/meet-14-year-old-nigerian-schoolgirl-oluwatunmise-idowu-with-an-electric-brain/

Wetin she score for JAMB?
Re: Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old With An 'Electric Brain' by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 21, 2020
Admitwithschola:

^^ I agree with you and have voiced my disagreement with anyone attributing brilliance to only poor man pikin.

It pains me to say that most of the brilliant youngsters that I have known (including this outstanding girl answering these questions), they are often from middle class or rich families. It pains me that the poor ones that should be representing seriously well, many of them just get lazy. E dey vex me.

Some of us are actively scouting for poor kids that are doing very well in their academics, e be like we dey find gold inside sea.

Maybe because money is a significant factor in academic performance, not just brilliance?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female Secondary School Student Ruthlessly Beating Her Male Schoolmate ( Video ) / UNN Graduate Puts Up Bsc, NYSC Certificates For Sale Over Lack Of Job / University Of Ibadan's VC At Son's Convocation In US While UI Students Suffer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.