Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,851 members, 7,802,727 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? (5069 Views)

Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! / A Complete Understanding Of The Subject Of TONGUES / All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Dreloaded(f): 11:01pm On Jan 24, 2008
you know in this thread you people continued to prove why it's an "enigmatic" topic right?

all this talk of burning in hell fire isnt gonna make people open up. The same people banishing fornicators into hell fire are usually the same that still wont go beyond missionary when they are married anyway.

Then of course you have the ever so self righteous ones who immediately believe that if you discuss sexual matters without blushing or with a ring on your hand, then you must be a prostitute. I guess the only way I can discuss the history of Japan is if I live there.

Anyway I guess if i have to go by that list, Im NSR.
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by osisi5: 11:13pm On Jan 24, 2008
D-reloaded:

you know in this thread you people continued to prove why it's an "enigmatic" topic right?

all this talk of burning in hell fire isnt going to make people open up. The same people banishing fornicators into hell fire are usually the same that still wont go beyond missionary when they are married anyway.

Then of course you have the ever so self righteous ones who immediately believe that if you discuss sexual matters without blushing or with a ring on your hand, then you must be a prostitute. I guess the only way I can discuss the history of Japan is if I live there.

Anyway I guess if i have to go by that list, I'm NSR.

Ok reloaded,teach us now
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Dreloaded(f): 11:19pm On Jan 24, 2008
teach wetin? Me self, student.  cheesy

You work at a clinic osisi, I'm sure just by eavesdropping alone, you've learned enough.  wink

Add On:

Seriously though, my problem with very religious families is how in denial they are about sex. I guess that explains why most of the time their kids end up mentally disturbed. Why are they always so sexist too? I've never really heard of these people discussing how "honorable" it is if a guy waited for marriage too, always the females. why? Do the same words that concern fornication in the Bible not extend to males as well, what exactly is it? The same guys that complain about "sinful dressing Delilahs" are the same people sleeping with these same girls yet have the audacity to scream for purity and chasisty and how the word is so sex-obsessed, yada yada yada.
You mentioned in one thread that before your husband was saved by Christ, he had been with various women. I wonder if he had felt the same about you had it been the other way around and you too later was reformed thru Christ. Highly doubtful

Hard as it may be why cant THEY have self control? Why is such a thing only placed on the women. We all go thru puberty, we all have hormones, I know most people are in denial and ignorant but here's a secret: women have sexual urges too, why are they the only ones who have to supress until their wedding day? I will never understand.
You'd think these so called relkigious families will shed light on this but instead they lock the girls under lock and key and expect her to stay in the cage. Doesnt work that way.
You can be like "um sex is adult matters" and expect the child to forget about it and never be curious cos they will be and they will end with the wrong information cos they are so afraid to ask questions. What exactly is it that they (these parents) are afraid of? Would they really rather their kids come back with STDs then dare mention the word "condom" or pill in their homes?
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Dreloaded(f): 12:55am On Jan 25, 2008
double post.
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by DD5: 1:29am On Jan 25, 2008
D-reloaded:

Seriously though, my problem with very religious families is how in denial they are about sex. I guess that explains why most of the time their kids end up mentally disturbed.

you're in danger here of over-generalising. It is true that many religious familes are in denial about the influence of sex . . . my family is a good example. But none of us has ended up mentally challenged just yet . . . or maybe i'm in denial  tongue
Fact - the parents may pretend to be in denial but the children are much wiser.
Fact - many religious families do open up eventually. At least my parents did when they felt we were old enough . . . the only problem was we were already a lot wiser.

D-reloaded:

Why are they always so sexist too? I've never really heard of these people discussing how "honorable" it is if a guy waited for marriage too, always the females. why? Do the same words that concern fornication in the Bible not extend to males as well, what exactly is it? The same guys that complain about "sinful dressing Delilahs" are the same people sleeping with these same girls yet have the audacity to scream for purity and chasisty and how the word is so sex-obsessed, yada yada yada.

Let's not decieve ourselves . . . its a man's world. (don't crucify me yet).
Men don't get pregnant, women do.
Men don't attach much emotional significance to sex, women do. It is perfectly possible to have sex with a woman and forget her within 2 mins . . . women tend to have a soul tie to whoever they have sex with.
No one expects to marry a male virgin . . . it is the dream of parents to give their daughters away as virgins.

It is all part of our culture that cannot be wished away simply by complaining. It is not true that parents don't expect their sons to be virgins, its just that in this day and age . . . how many parents are bold enough to ask their sons if they are having sex? My parents are strong christians . . . they wont dare ask. All they can do is hope and pray that their boys are keeping their zippers closed.
The bible does not discriminate when it comes to fornication . . . infact it is even stricter for men . . . he that looketh on a woman to lust after her IN HIS heart (not even touching) hath commited fornication with her already.  shocked Based on this law alone even 10yr old boys are guilty of fornication.

D-reloaded:

You mentioned in one thread that before your husband was saved by Christ, he had been with various women. I wonder if he had felt the same about you had it been the other way around and you too later was reformed through Christ. Highly doubtful

who can blame him? All the while i was a nice little virgin, my friends thought i was crazy.
On the flip side we made fun of the very same girls they were sleeping around with. It indeed is an unfair world.

D-reloaded:

Hard as it may be why can't THEY have self control?

we have plenty of self control its just that our society expects us to throw it away to prove that we are now "men". Imagine the face of your girlfriend when u tell her u're a virgin . . . its like you're not normal or smth.

D-reloaded:

Why is such a thing only placed on the women. We all go through puberty, we all have hormones, I know most people are in denial and ignorant but here's a secret: women have sexual urges too, why are they the only ones who have to supress until their wedding day? I will never understand.

don't bother understanding. When you have boys and girls as kids you will unconsciously do the same thing.

D-reloaded:

You can be like "um sex is adult matters" and expect the child to forget about it and never be curious because they will be and they will end with the wrong information because they are so afraid to ask questions. What exactly is it that they (these parents) are afraid of? Would they really rather their kids come back with STDs then dare mention the word "condom" or pill in their homes?

i don't even subscribe to the idea of telling kids about condoms and pills . . . it is simply a license to have sex. Tell them not to. period.
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Dreloaded(f): 1:35am On Jan 25, 2008
david, just because they know the use and function of condoms and such DOES NOT mean they will have sex. That's the kind of thinking that gets these pastors with their daughters dealing with baby mama drama.

will deal with everything else in a few. tongue
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Dreloaded(f): 2:27am On Jan 25, 2008
D__D:

you're in danger here of over-generalising. It is true that many religious familes are in denial about the influence of sex . . . my family is a good example. But none of us has ended up mentally challenged just yet . . . or maybe i'm in denial tongue
Fact - the parents may pretend to be in denial but the children are much wiser.
Fact - many religious families do open up eventually. At least my parents did when they felt we were old enough . . . the only problem was we were already a lot wiser.

Let's not decieve ourselves . . . its a man's world. (don't crucify me yet).
Men don't get pregnant, women do.
Men don't attach much emotional significance to sex, women do. It is perfectly possible to have sex with a woman and forget her within 2 mins . . . women tend to have a soul tie to whoever they have sex with.
No one expects to marry a male virgin . . . it is the dream of parents to give their daughters away as virgins.

It is all part of our culture that cannot be wished away simply by complaining. It is not true that parents don't expect their sons to be virgins, its just that in this day and age . . . how many parents are bold enough to ask their sons if they are having sex? My parents are strong christians . . . they wont dare ask. All they can do is hope and pray that their boys are keeping their zippers closed.
The bible does not discriminate when it comes to fornication . . . infact it is even stricter for men . . . he that looketh on a woman to lust after her IN HIS heart (not even touching) hath commited fornication with her already. shocked Based on this law alone even 10yr old boys are guilty of fornication.

who can blame him? All the while i was a nice little virgin, my friends thought i was crazy.
On the flip side we made fun of the very same girls they were sleeping around with. It indeed is an unfair world.

we have plenty of self control its just that our society expects us to throw it away to prove that we are now "men". Imagine the face of your girlfriend when u tell her u're a virgin . . . its like you're not normal or smth.

don't bother understanding. When you have boys and girls as kids you will unconsciously do the same thing.

i don't even subscribe to the idea of telling kids about condoms and pills . . . it is simply a license to have sex. Tell them not to. period.

First I didnt generalize, I said most not all tongue Secondly David, sharrap jo, you are not a virgin.

As for women get pregnant, quite a number of women who have sex and dont get pregnant. One of my good friends, she's Igbo and lol Catholic, she always gets mad when I make fun of the Catholic church, been having sex since freshman year in college yet to ever get pregnant, not even a scare, she just makes sure that she's protected. when she wants to settle down and have kids, I assume she will ditch the contraceptives. another irony considering the catholic church is against contraceptatives, but that's beside the point grin

Personally I dont like getting into my life on NL much. I like TOH to be ambigious on Nairaland tongue but even though my parents werent fanatics, they were out there too which is weird cos my dad's agnostic 80% of the time and my mom's semi-religious, they should just thank their lucky stars that my siblings and I didnt "yawo" tongue and we know enough despite the fact that they'd rather we be in denial. Knowing about all these things doesnt mean the kid will run out and take part in these things, they will just be knowledgable and i dont see any problem with that.
That's why you have some girls that believe the BIG lie of "oh if we do it just once, you wont get pregnant", if she was given the right info, would she believe such bull? Doubtful

as for women attach emotions, now that's a generalization. Yes we are alot more emotional than men (unfortunately), not all women attach emotions to sex. That USUALLY happens when the girl has immense feelings for the other, if not she can sleep with a guy and leave just like any other person. One night stands are not just a male thing.

as for male virgins, people make fun yea whatever but really it's not as crazy as some people make it seem. I myself cant stand man-whores. I dont subscribe to the school of thought that a girl can be called a slut but a guy cant. Both can be called sluts IMO and I have no problem expressing my distain for such people. What sane woman wants to be witha guy that has slept with half the country? seriously? That's disgusting. Doesnt make him a playboy, makes him a pig with no standards and grown mature women dont deal with pigs. Only teenagers are fascinated with such people.

It's ok that a woman should dream of giving her "gift" to her husband but she has to deal with his nasty second hand arse. How is that fair? Why cant she get a "precious" gift too? Lmao havent women suffered enough? Do we not deserve gifts as well? angry O ma ga o.
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by DD5: 3:11am On Jan 25, 2008
D-reloaded:

As for women get pregnant, quite a number of women who have sex and don't get pregnant. One of my good friends, she's Igbo and lol Catholic, she always gets mad when I make fun of the Catholic church, been having sex since freshman year in college yet to ever get pregnant, not even a scare, she just makes sure that she's protected. when she wants to settle down and have kids, I assume she will ditch the contraceptives. another irony considering the catholic church is against contraceptatives, but that's beside the point grin

your friend is one in millions of ignorant women out there. A cousin of mine who is barely out of her diapers is already a mother . . . of course the boy is busy enjoying himself while the silly she-goat is running around passing her responsibility to others.
Take it or leave it, men are lucky . . . 5 mins, zip up and who cares if she has to spend the rest of the month panicking? We can always deny the pregnancy chikena.

If i were a father, i'd lock up my daughter too.

D-reloaded:

It's ok that a woman should dream of giving her "gift" to her husband but she has to deal with his nasty second hand arse. How is that fair? Why can't she get a "precious" gift too? Lmao havent women suffered enough? Do we not deserve gifts as well? angry O ma ga o.

pele . . . do you want a handkerchief to wipe ur tears? grin

Today's culture places the burden of fidelity on the woman. That's why men can cheat on their wives and her family will simply tell her to get on with it.
I have read women on these boards claim they can never marry a virgin husband . . . i have dated girls who openly expect that you shld be a pro when it comes to sex . . . sometimes you wonder . . . even women dont appreciate male virgins anymore.

sadly you can cry from now till tomorrow . . . you cant change society's perception.
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Dreloaded(f): 3:15am On Jan 25, 2008
Take it or leave it

I will leave it angry
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by DD5: 3:28am On Jan 25, 2008
D-reloaded:

I will leave it angry

ok lets see u marry urself. cheesy
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Dreloaded(f): 3:30am On Jan 25, 2008
I choice the option of marrying one who agrees with me.  grin

or plan B: convent
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by DD5: 3:42am On Jan 25, 2008
Your best option right now is plan B - convent.
Except on moral and spiritual issues . . . you probably dont want to marry a figure head who agrees with every tiny thing you say.

I hear nuns can now marry priests so u shld be ok.
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by debosky(m): 3:43am On Jan 25, 2008
D__D:

Your best option right now is plan B - convent.
Except on moral and spiritual issues . . . you probably don't want to marry a figure head who agrees with every tiny thing you say.

I hear nuns can now marry priests
so u shld be ok.

OGBC Radioooo! grin

where you take hear dat one ehn? I for don convert to priest tey tey. tongue
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Dreloaded(f): 3:44am On Jan 25, 2008
Last I checked priest perferred boys cheesy
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by DD5: 3:47am On Jan 25, 2008
D-reloaded:

Last I checked priest perferred boys cheesy

With those boobs of urs only blind priests would choose a boy over u.
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Dreloaded(f): 3:49am On Jan 25, 2008
I think they're just lactose intolerant tongue
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by pilgrim1(f): 12:06pm On Jan 25, 2008
Wow! cheesy How quickly this discussion has grown!

I'll take time to digest the views from all sides first before dropping any of mine.

Cheers all.
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Dreloaded(f): 3:27pm On Jan 25, 2008
Hey pilgrim wink

Didnt mean to turn your thread into a boy vs girl debate.

Just making a point that most VR families think that making sex such a hush hush topic will make their kids not wanna be part of it. Not true. Most of the time it's a complete opposite. Im not saying these people should be giving their kids condoms and sending them on their way but to have them throughly educated on the subject matter, its effects on their lives/relationships, the responsiblities and of course the consequences.

It's better kids hear it from their families than get the wrong infromation outside, cos that's usually how they end up on the wrong path. Only some of us are lucky.
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by femwich(m): 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2008
In order to know virtue, we must acquaint ourselves with vice. Only then can we know the true measure of a man. tongue
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by pilgrim1(f): 3:21pm On Jan 28, 2008
@D-reloaded,

That was a great post you made there - and I agree to a high degree. I've promised to come back and make some meaningful contributeions as well (which I'll do), but so many other things have come my way.

I'll keep the various persuasions in mind as I revisit the thread, though. It seems we're all agreed this subject needs to be discoursed meaningfully, rather than hush it under a santimonious aura that seldom ends in . . . (well, we know). smiley

Cheers all.
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Dreloaded(f): 3:37pm On Jan 28, 2008
Eagerly waiting your contribution, pilgrim. smiley

A sensible conversation is better than hearing the same old lame "that's just the way the world works" nonsense from the usual hypocritical males.
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Gamine(f): 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2008
@D Reloaded

You hit me with something

It's ok that a woman should dream of giving her "gift" to her husband but she has to deal with his nasty second hand arse. How is that fair? Why can't she get a "precious" gift too? Lmao havent women suffered enough? Do we not deserve gifts as well? O ma ga o.
So True
But i was surprised to find that some of my guy friends were actually 'keeping it'
seriously i only learnt that yesterday!

I wonder why the guys keep claiming its their world
one would think God made Eve in this century.
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Dreloaded(f): 5:26pm On Jan 28, 2008
Did they tell you why theyb are holding on?
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by goodguy(m): 6:03pm On Jan 28, 2008
@TOH

I love agree with you totally. grin
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Gamine(f): 6:57pm On Jan 28, 2008
Well one of them said

He was exposed to a lot of stuff when he was younger
that he even thot he would have had sex by 13

But He got thinking, he could actually live without it! such a revelation shocked

And he really didnt want to mess up any other human beings life.
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by pahtahkee: 8:38pm On Jan 28, 2008
D-reloaded:

Eagerly waiting your contribution, pilgrim. smiley

A sensible conversation is better than hearing the same old lame "that's just the way the world works" nonsense from the usual hypocritical males.

Who are the hypocritical males? undecided
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Dreloaded(f): 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2008
You and the rest of your brethen.

My friend, shouldnt you be doing something about the tarnished reputation of Naija males in Netherland instead of bothering me here? tongue
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by pahtahkee: 8:50pm On Jan 28, 2008
D-reloaded:

You and the rest of your brethen.

My friend, shouldnt you be doing something about the tarnished reputation of Naija males in Netherland instead of bothering me here? tongue

At the expense of not derailing this particular thread because of the respect I have for Pilgrim.1, I will request you meet me on that thread you were asking is it Mr. Pataki that jilted that lady. wink tongue
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by uspry1(f): 10:54pm On Jan 28, 2008
I myself consider into NSR come from my both parent (still alive) and maternal/paternal grandparent (now deceased) who are stictly VR.

I learned from my VR paternal grandparent who thought that i was TOO DUMB understanding about sexual stuff when i was about 6-8 yr old because of my deafness. Only one time! They grabbed my arm taking away from their living room I suppose watching the TV my favorite cartoon into their bedroom during summer times when school closed. I was confused not know what's going on! I thought i was serious trouble.

All of sudden, i was  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed seeing my paternal grandparent stripping their working clothes off hurriedly to get ready make love to each other on their bed. Everything A to Z. That's how I got bad influences gaining the knowledge of sexual and pest asking my parent, who is also VR, too many sexual questions without they know from what I saw.(i never tell them until my paternal grandparent deceased)

Reason my parternal grandparent did that, was because they were so paranoid to do if i wandered off their home surrounding LARGEST CORNFIELD and WILD FORESTS, back 1960s and 1970s there were no crimes around small rural farming area---no need to lock the house. That was dumb---what they thinking, but they never knew that i was addicted watching TV cartoon every morning and afternoon knowing what time it comes on---impossible for me to wander like that. Common sense to set their time schedule (sex needed they cannot live without) matchable with my TV schedule!!! lol! lol! grin

My parent sat down not comfortable answering my sexual questions, that's when they gave me their consent taking advanced sexual education at deaf residential school. One thing bad is, my parent never taught me properly about biblicals (stay virgin until married) until I discovered the truth too late before college graduation. My parent were upset me got pregnant 4 months before college graduation, that's what happen i evenually married by force and without love because they do not believe in wedlock pregnancy.

Today, as single mother of two hearing children, i determined to educate my children about sex education before they entering middle school to avoid too many misconception by peer pressure and false teaching. I left my rural church 4 years ago where there lack of providing me signing interpretion, to join big city church that provided deaf ministry fully sign interpreted to catch up what i left behind in Sunday schools, bible study, and all church activities/ministries/conferences i love to participated in. My parent astonished my knowledge of christianity that they felt bad to left me behind all my wasted years---they supposed to do.

I agreed with @lalife has said it all.
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Boondoggle(m): 2:16am On Jan 30, 2008
I usually sarcastically ridicule my wife whenever I remember our wedding night; the first time I touched her, broke her hymen and painted the room red! We laugh at it and she demands that I forever buy her flowers to show that I deflowered her! The experience always make me view her as a pet that must be preserved and not hurt and which must be watered even after a two kids. Met what I expected and loved and still love it! Oh! Its not about  virginity. Sorry!

Sex is for Pleasure. Sex is for Procreation. Sex is for intimacy. Intimacy of a couple is never complete without consummating with Sex. Sex is paradoxical: it is meant to show ushow intimately God would like to be entwined within our beings. The bible uses often the clause: ,  and Adam knew his wife,  The word KNOW is deeper than you can ever think. Everytime you have Sex (with your wife please), let it remind you that you ought to seek to have that intimacy with God your creator.

Remember, Sex is for this earth alone! Angels have no sex organs! Appetite dies out and what remains in the relationship? So, better than Sex, seek partnership that marriage offers. The abuse of Sex ires God deeply and the black man was the first to suffer a damning punishment from God for this violation of the use of Sex.

Cheers!

@cgift, I never knew the highlighted in RED above grin grin grin I have to re-read my bible through again!

@Pilgrim1,

Hmmn!sex in religion section will definitely pique ones curiosity. While I was still with my parents, my mum never missed standing up to correct anyone that said sexual stuff in the "vulgal" way and she would not stop at warning you to desist from using such words under her roof but she would gladly give you her accepted paraphrased words.  grin

For me, by default I go the bible way; paraphrase it as much as possible. There are actually times when one needs to drive a point home and cut accross to some naughty folks then I do say it the way it is and guess what? A loud chorus of P-A-S-T-O-R always welcome such  utterance from me. Funny how some folks believe that when one is a christian one does not know what goes behind closed doors!!! They'd better know that christians know what time it is! But wait o, if two virgins got married, how would they know what to do on the wedding night Natural Intuition undecided undecided
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by Gamine(f): 11:55am On Jan 30, 2008
ask Adam n Eve how they knew what to do
Re: Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? by luvus: 1:22pm On Jan 30, 2008
hahaha grin adam and eve abi? grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should Pastors/ministries Sell Their Books And Messages? / Atheist Man Of The Year.... / All Nairaland Pastors Lets Go And Heal The Sick In Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.