Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi (4740 Views)

Anambra Airport: A Seaport Is What We Need In Anambra, Not Airport. / Rare Video Of Biafran Special Forces Attacking And Advancing On Ikot Ekpene. / Enugu Airport A Shadow Of Itself - South East Governors Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi by petsam11(m): 11:40am On Oct 26, 2018
ignant:
Necessity, they say, is the mother of invention. Many ubiquitous products that have deployed commercially and are now so basic that they can not be done without were a product of military necessity- e.g internet.

The Biafra war saw some great minds from the old Eastern region who deployed their expertise to the struggle. But they were no match for the imperialist funded zoo because of one thing- OIL. Countries like Britain, US, France, Netherland etc deployed great resources to safeguard their investments in oil.

But now that oil is getting less important, do you think if the Biafra war was to replay itself, that these imperialists would extend similar support? NO. These countries have divested their investments in oil in Nigeria.

Nigeria is now a blight to the world. A cesspool of filth, disease, illiteracy, poverty and violence. We know what region of Nigeria is a poster child for these traits. We know what region of Nigeria is holding the other back.

Dynamics have changed, ladies and gentlemen. I aspire to do a form of podcast or series for those who are desirous of learning of the new geopolitics.

@ the bolded: Please endeavor to alert me... You have said it in the other thread, I intend to follow this series... it sounds like something that will be worthwhile! I am waiting!
Re: Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi by ignant: 11:53am On Oct 26, 2018
petsam11:

@ the bolded: Please endeavor to alert me... You have said it in the other thread, I intend to follow this series... it sounds like something that will be worthwhile! I am waiting!

Ok. I am currently researching the materials. I do not want to publish falsehoods. I now have access to a few journal subscriptions to some Universities. I have to squeeze time to do this because of my day job, but I'll do it.
Re: Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi by IamAtikulate: 12:19pm On Oct 26, 2018
Uli Airport is the symbol of Biafran residence.
Re: Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi by oilPUSSY(f): 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2018
Lalasticlala Lalasticlala
Re: Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi by Stanweezy(m): 8:09pm On Oct 26, 2018
CanineOfJackal:
Do you see those bamboos opposite the Catholic Churvh on the express of Uli center. That's d airport.

I grad from ANSU also

Opposite that Catholic Church is where they sale basket bro
Re: Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi by pazienza(m): 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2018
Stories that make me proud to be Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
hucienda:
Big Ups to the ingenuity of the Biafrans on display at the Uli Airstrip. #Respect

The swagger of the youthful Colonel Obasanjo smiley

Where're you from
Re: Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 26, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi by bantudra: 10:53pm On Oct 26, 2018
Auladimeji1:
Oboy, so the Nigeria Forces bombed it at Night and the Biafrans repairs it in the morning?
Maybe you think you're typing for kids

dont mind am...thats practicaly not possible....
Re: Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi by Obdk: 8:15am On Oct 27, 2018
Na una kno. Even cowardly afonjas deep down dont want hi nigeria

Re: Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 10, 2020
Umu chineke!

1 Like

Re: Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi by XANDERBOY85: 11:53pm On Jan 10, 2020
gidgiddy:
I remember talking with an Old man who ran a beer parlour where I was drinking. He had been in the Biafran air force and worked at Uni airport. Uli was the lifeline of Biafra having blockaded and the Nigerian air force were looking for it. During the day they would cover the runaway with palm fronds and vegetation so that the federal planes would not find it. At night they would clear the place and start landing planes.

How they landed planes has become the story of legends. Several people would line the runaway with pots that had inflammable material. The plane that was supposed to land would be radioed to descend to a certain altitude. When the times was right , the people with the pots would light it up, creating temporary 'runaway light's that the pilot could see and land. As soon as the plane had landed, the people with pots would cover the pots with special coverr that snuffed out the lights and the airport would be in peach black. Federal planes would hover above and bomb indiscriminately trying to hit the airport, but in the darkness, it was like trying to shoot fish in a barrel of water. The few times they hit the airport or run away, it would repaired before morning and the airport would be covered in vegetation so the enemy planes couldn't see it. Uli airport only functioned at night under the cover of darkness.

This makes me so emotional!
Re: Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi by XANDERBOY85: 11:59pm On Jan 10, 2020
Just imagine if we had the chance to build on this can-do spirit....where we would be today as a people!

Necessity they say is the mother of invention! A lot of the technology in use today is as a result of WWII and the space race between the then two superpowers in the 60s and 70s!
Re: Uli Airport - A Symbolic Shrine Of Biafran Resistance By Francis Elekwachi by gidgiddy: 12:59pm On Jan 11, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

This makes me so emotional!

Uli Airport was very vital to Biafra, it was its link to the outside world

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Death Sentence & Radio Station For The Fulanis Will Not..." - Shehu Sani / SMEs: Enugu, Firm Train 400 Youths In Auto-Revamping / 2023 Election: Peter Obi Reacts To Tinubu ‘disowning’ Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.