Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,772 members, 7,802,368 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Growing Up Memories. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Growing Up Memories. (967 Views)

10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) / Things We Believed While Growing Up / Did This Happen In Your Family While Growing Up? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Growing Up Memories. by femmy2010(m): 1:52am On Jul 18, 2010
Share these unique experience of time long past.
The experiences of days when men and women were boys and girls respectively.
For me I remember growing up in Akoka,Lagos.
I remember the tradition of going to Bar beach every 2 weeks.
I remember looking forward to the next shopping date at kingsway,domino and leventis stores.
I remember those days of staying glue to the tv watching the rich also cry and our own Checkmate etc.
I remember the reigning songs of blacky,ras kimono,mandators and junior and pretty.
I remember those regular family meetings that members make it a must to attend inspite of there busy schedule.
I have loads of great memories and Nigeria was a whole lot better then.
Share yours too.
Re: Growing Up Memories. by Sissy3(f): 4:02am On Jul 19, 2010
many blissful memory to share cheesy
Re: Growing Up Memories. by femmy2010(m): 6:26am On Jul 19, 2010
Sissy,
Blissful ones is what I enjoy reading.
Re: Growing Up Memories. by iice(f): 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2010
Going to the park. . .those days it still had grass grin
Picnics that ended with us playing Indians and Cowboys or Cops and Robbers
Climbing our house. . .outer part and inner part. We believed we were superheroes with powers grin
Jumping from the water tank into the other compound over the bottled fence cheesy A cousin cut his foot from end to end twice.
Disappearing for most of the day on our adventures and coming home to chop beatings grin Never works.
Attempting to swim across the flooded stream and nearly being swept away. . .did it every rainy season. If only our parents knew! shocked
Playing ludo and whot competition, which last about 6hours.
Staying up all night watching movies. . .we made a point to watch about 5 a day. Our video club was really happy with our membership grin
Swimming 8hrs every summer nights. . .truly one of my best time growing up.
Using a baby crib to speed down the untarred roads riddled with potholes.

We were hellions growing up cheesy.
Re: Growing Up Memories. by femmy2010(m): 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2010
Those sweet old days.
Re: Growing Up Memories. by luap: 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2010
Memories are thoughts and dreams of the past that reside in our own minds. I say come to the present where we exist in reality. Love the ones who are here and now. Don't spend to much time dreaming or living in the past or future. That world only exist in our minds.
Re: Growing Up Memories. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 20, 2010
Reading Enid Blyton books all friday night.

Malory Towers!
Re: Growing Up Memories. by femmy2010(m): 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2010
Yes i very much agree that it is much better to life in the present for the future but many a time we take inventory of our life journey and we like it or not the past has to be referred to on some occasions.
The sweet life we might have lived in the past we would try to maintain or replicated and the bad doings of the past we would try to correct or stop.
We like it or not,the past still remain a minute part of every man.
Memories are want we try to do without but it always remain there.
Re: Growing Up Memories. by emsco(m): 10:04pm On Jul 20, 2010
Theres alot of sweet experience while growing up.i could rememeber i visit my cousins every weekend wit my junior broda.we were five kids altogether,we roam around d area sometimes mischievous.i rememba those days my dad buys goodies 4 us when comin 4rm his workplace,stuff like nasco biscuit,choco milo,stick icecream.mum takes us 2 children funfair on special ocasions.i love watching late nite movies,i hide weneva d family doctor is comin 2 our house.am just scared of injection.i rememba d days of shina peter,ayuba,shaba ranks,raski mono and blackky.etc
Re: Growing Up Memories. by femmy2010(m): 3:11am On Jul 21, 2010
Shaba ranks,shakademus and co.
Thes where the days.
Re: Growing Up Memories. by Godmother(f): 10:49am On Jul 21, 2010
I was a classic bookworm growing up. I would stay coupes up in my room from morning till about 12 midnight reading Mills and Boon
Re: Growing Up Memories. by femmy2010(m): 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2010
That made me remember the days of reading Captain Wingate series.

(1) (Reply)

Twin Sisters Gave Birth On Same Day / Which One Will You Prefer As A Partner Between An Albino And A Dwarf? / Ladies! Know Your Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.