Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Is Marriage Now Old-fashioned? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage Now Old-fashioned? (10768 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Gay Marriage Now Legalised! / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage Now Old-fashioned? by vanlion(f): 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2010
marriage is an institution ordained by GOD. Marriage is a covenant n not a contract. Is this stupit senseless generation that called it contract so they can run away when they feel like.Is because we don't know the meaning of LOVE.
Re: Is Marriage Now Old-fashioned? by seyibrown(f): 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2010
Marriage, like love, is not old-fashioned! Yes, there are many examples of people who have failed at it around us; yet there are also many examples of successful ones. I love and enjoy my marriage; I love the example set by my parents; and I learnt from the unsuccessful marriages I have seen around me.

There are many decent men and women out there who are not afraid of commitment; who are prepared to honour the other person who chooses to spend their life with them.

Many marriages fail as a result of DISHONOUR! Honour your partner, and you won't cheat on them or abuse them in any way. You would love them and seek their well-being at all times. Same thing applies to the society at large; Honour the next person! And like an earlier poster said, you can grow to love someone; that's how arranged marriages worked in those days!

Marriage; the union of a man and woman till death do them part , will never ever go out of fashion!
Re: Is Marriage Now Old-fashioned? by tayore: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2010
Posted by: 9jafreak
Insert Quote

Maybe WEDDING

Yea, I hope Wedding becomes OLD-FASHIONED
Maybe WEDDING

Yea, I hope Wedding becomes OLD-FASHIONED

But Certainly not Marriage.

But hey, Marrying for happiness is simply an illusion.

It takes a lot of work
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As people are beginning to see that its not worth it wasting money on what you are not sure of, wedding would definetly become old-fashioned with time.

Marriage is about two hearts twined in TRUE LOVE, it will remain till the end of time!
Re: Is Marriage Now Old-fashioned? by ddiamond(f): 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2010
it not and it can never be, it just require alot of hard work,
Re: Is Marriage Now Old-fashioned? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2010
it depends on the way you look at it, in a certain sense it is old fashioned to some people who can argue that they dont need a piece of paper or ceremony to know they love each other, but others still see it as fashionable, i guess it boils down to "different strokes for different folks", in my opinion, though marriage can be a wondeful thing it is not for everybody, not everybody can be a pilot, doctor etc same way not everybody can be a wife or a husband, some people are better off alone!!! wink
Re: Is Marriage Now Old-fashioned? by awa17(f): 11:05am On Jul 22, 2010
Marriage is not old fashioned, its just abused. the way people jump into it unprepared as if its a bed of roses, they expect fairy tales and a happy ending grin grin grin, whereas,
Re: Is Marriage Now Old-fashioned? by rhemakc(f): 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2010
Marriage was ordained by God right from the day of creation of man. The bible says; Marriage is honourable to all, therefore i dont see why marriage shld be old fashion, smiley
Re: Is Marriage Now Old-fashioned? by medoyejoseph: 1:58pm On Jul 22, 2010
Marriage is not an old fashion and it would never be. As long as God lives Marriage is new everyday. But one thing i want you to understand is that we have different perceptions about life. The way we react to issues sometimes interrelated except we operate the same ideology about the concept. Biblically marriage is instituted by God and God'S is ever new.Anyone who thinks this way may have his/her reasons.It would never be the best one.
Re: Is Marriage Now Old-fashioned? by Iveanyi: 10:22am On Jul 23, 2010
First of All, Marriage is not a contract. It is a covenant. I think we need to study both definitions. Secondly, It is a source of God's grace. So whether it is old-fashioned or not has no bearing on anything. It is like asking whether praying is old fashioned. It actually is. So what? I won't stop praying because of that. I think as a people, we should lose our fear of being called old fashioned.
Re: Is Marriage Now Old-fashioned? by marketplace(m): 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2010
Marriage is a good thing, it is honorable but most people going into it don't have the fear of God and cannot keep to the oath they made.
Re: Is Marriage Now Old-fashioned? by tpiah: 6:44pm On Jul 27, 2010
food for thought:

Daughter urges Okla. voters to not vote for father

An Oklahoma judicial candidate is fending off a political attack from his daughter, who has taken out a local newspaper ad urging voters: "Do not vote for my dad!"

His daughter, 31, said she never has had a good relationship with her father and doesn't think he'd make a good judge.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100727/ap_on_el_st_lo/us_daughter_attack_ad

if the father had taken time to forge a good relationship with his kids, what are the chances of something like this happening?
Re: Is Marriage Now Old-fashioned? by deluxecad(m): 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2011
We can't just prepare enough for marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Start A Footwear Business..... At Factory Price, And Be Your Own Boss / Subscribe To IROKOTV For #3000 For One Year Plan / Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.