Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,368 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State (1365 Views)

Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) / A Look Into Africa's Most Primitive Tribe / Traditional Marriage Rites Ceremony Of Umudioka Town, Dunukofia Lga Of Anambra S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by donnie(m): 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2018
Actually, I will do my best to compose myself since it's several months since my experience with these primitive set of Nigerians called the Ezillo people of Ebonyi state.

Now I know some of you who managed to escape to acquire writing ability will come here and pretend to be something but fogerrit, I don see una finish. Your type were there with cameras (it was obvious they were from the city) as they celebrated with the rest of their primitive clan at the expense of other well meaning civilised Nigerians like myself who happen to pass by their jungle on my way to Delta state from Criss River State.

I was driving through Ebonyi, headed to Asaba from Ogoja Cross River state when we along with other vehicles were made to slow down somewhere in Ezillo LGA along the Fedral highway. First we thought it was a broken down vehicle or some accident. Or maybe a riot. The vehicles went from moving at snail speed to a complete halt. There was a large crowd of boys, they looked like the tried to slow the vehicles down so they move one at a time (the queue was becoming longer behind our vehicle).

Next thing we knew, it was as though the shouts became loader. They weren't speaking English... except the few who spoke now and again to drivers. These were guys in their twenties, to thirties and even forties, fillIng the highway and screaming at driver. Clear here! Stop there! go back! Reverse!

Then, cover your eyes! They screamed at a woman in the front seat of my car (who I gave a lift). Tell her to cover here eyes! It wasn't long before we figured that it was their village masquerade they brought to the Federal highway. : undecided It was then I noticed several of the guys were enjoying the chaos, many smoking and drinking while we remained in our cars (windows wound up, AC on) looking on in shock and almost fright.

10 minutes had gone past, with many thoughts running through my mind. Is this Nigeria? Are there no police or law enforcement agents around... Or are they part of this unfortunate incident? We sat in our cars, looking at their faces, as the rampaging mob continued. undecided angry

Some who looked more healthy or better dressed (like they came from the city) were among them, taking pictures as they sipped on some drinks. It didn't look like they would stop anytime soon. I sat in my car imagining what kind of world this is... how someone will take pleasure in th displeasure or discomfort of others. Why bring it out of the village to the highway? Why stay this long on the highway... how long will we be here?

While these thoughts ran through my mind, I imagined what kind of punishment should be meted at these fools to serve as a deterrent, I saw a police truck drive through the traffic (probably carrying a dignitary). Then about a minute after, they began to scamper, running in every direction. The masquerade that earlier looked as though he was intoxicated with ancestral spirits suddenly became sober looking in every direction planning his escape route.

Them for stand na, and celebrate their idiotic useless culture. angry angry

Nor be even better masquerade sef. Na this type them dey light matches roast am for inside that him stupid costume. While their hard-working governor is trying to redeem the image of Ebonyi people, these ones prefer to remain backward.

Okay. Over to you nairalanders. And just in case you have some of these primitive people around you, tag them. Perhaps they might begin to embrace civilization and be converted angry

1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by shakmati(m): 12:21pm On Oct 26, 2018
Thank God say na ordinary masquerade. If young boys stop you that way here in the north, you are going to be butchered alive for either being a moslem or a christain!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by Fierce11: 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2018
Do you really know the meaning of primitive? If these ones are "primitive", then what about those lost tribes in the amazon that refuse to make contact with the modern world? Those ones should be termed "primitivest" right? This post is trash.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by donnie(m): 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2018
Fierce11:
Do you really know the meaning of primitive? If these ones are "primitive", them what about those lost tribes in the amazon that refuse making contact with the modern world? Those ones should be termed "primitivest" right? This post is trash.

Instead of trying to improve your life, you're in a competition for who is more primitive. You see what I've been saying?
Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by donnie(m): 12:32pm On Oct 26, 2018
Seun, lalasticlala, might want to do justice to this post as we're approaching festive season. So we can reduce the level of craze on our roads.
Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by Fierce11: 12:35pm On Oct 26, 2018
donnie:

Instead of trying to improve your life, you're in a competition for who is more primitive. You see what I've been saying?
I'm sorry. What have you said talk more of saying? You used primitive in place of uncivilized or even barbaric and you're still here typing the usual rubbish your kind spill. Kindly define primitive, Mister "bettered" life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2018
donnie:
Seun, lalasticlala, might want to do justice to this post as we're approaching festive season. So we can reduce the level of craze on our roads.

If na for north them stop you for road na your head go use en eyes deh see as your headless body deh far away from am for another corner.

Thank your God those Ebonyians didn't take your life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by donnie(m): 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2018
Funnicator:

If na for north them stop you for road na your head go use en eyes deh see as your headless body deh far away from am for another corner.

Thank your God those Ebonyians didn't take your life.

God forbid...

Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by donnie(m): 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2018
Fierce11:

I'm sorry. What have you said talk more of saying? You used primitive in place of uncivilized or even barbaric and you're still here typing the usual rubbish your kind spill. Kindly define primitive, Mister "bettered" life.

They were PRIMITIVE. If i were to be kind and gracious, I will use the third definition below (in Orange) but the first definition (in blue) will better suit these people.

To say they were uncivilized will be an understatement. Tenkiu

Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by Fierce11: 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2018
donnie:

They were PRIMITIVE. If i were to be kind and gracious, I will use the third definition below (in Orange) but the first definition (in blue) will better suit these people.

To say they were uncivilized will be an understatement. Tenkiu
Lol. I really mean no harm. But "uncivilized" is the word to use. You can Compare it with the primitive. Or should we just use "primitively uncivilized"?
Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by donnie(m): 2:34pm On Oct 26, 2018
Fierce11:

Lol. I really mean no harm. But "uncivilized" is the word to use. You can Compare it with the primitive. Or should we just use "primitively uncivilized"?

Are you from Ezillo?
Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by Fierce11: 2:37pm On Oct 26, 2018
donnie:

Are you from Ezillo?
Nothing concern me and Ebonyi. Except Biafra ofcourse.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by donnie(m): 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2018
Fierce11:

Nothing concern me and Ebonyi. Except Biafra ofcourse.

Abi grin na biafra make una remember them kwo?

See Ebonyi wey other Ibos dey look down on, now they want to terrorise others. Okay

Anyways, I sincerely do hope some Ebonyians here can openly condemn such madness as seen in Ezillo.
Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 26, 2018
donnie:

Abi grin na biafra make una remember them kwo?

See Ebonyi wey other Ibos dey look down on, now they want to terrorise others. Okay

Anyways, I sincerely do hope some Ebonyians here can openly condemn such madness as seen in Ezillo.

I really don't understand you op, am guessing u are not from the south cuz if u were, you would know that this type of things occur mostly during the festive seasons but in this case it seems as though those people where performing something as per their traditions.

I hope u know that there is a certain area in Lagos, where something like this is been done and women, children and non initiates are not allowed to come out during such, there were even claims of people been used for rituals am sure those people are also "primitive"

I don't know why u opened this thread, but for whatever reason be rest assured that Nigeria as a country is filled with crazy people with crazy believes, and as long as those ezillo people didn't hurt u then just look away and move on with ur life.

Thanks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by donnie(m): 10:43pm On Oct 26, 2018
Tushkito:

I really don't understand you op, am guessing u are not from the south cuz if u were, you would know that this type of things occur mostly during the festive seasons but in this case it seems as though those people where performing something as per their traditions.

I hope u know that there is a certain area in Lagos, where something like this is been done and women, children and non initiates are not allowed to come out during such, there were even claims of people been used for rituals am sure those people are also "primitive"

I don't know why u opened this thread, but for whatever reason be rest assured that Nigeria as a country is filled with crazy people with crazy believes, and as long as those ezillo people didn't hurt u then just look away and move on with ur life.

Thanks.

It wasn't festive period oh... June or there about.
Even if it was, wetin consign travellers on Federal highway with their village masquerade?
Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 27, 2018
donnie:

It wasn't festive period oh... June or there about.
Even if it was, wetin consign travellers on Federal highway with their village masquerade?

If u had thoroughly read what I wrote, you would see where I clearly stated that they were performing stuff as per their traditions during that time, this things happen all over southern Nigeria, in some places the masquerades are friendly while in other places they are strict with their traditions.

If you are calling those people "primitive" cuz they were a nuisance on a "federal road" then you should not fail to call out Fulani herdsmen cuz they deserve that title too.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by donnie(m): 11:21am On Oct 27, 2018
Tushkito:

If you are calling those people "primitive" cuz they were a nuisance on a "federal road" then you should not fail to call out Fulani herdsmen cuz they deserve that title too.

Most certainly. Problem is, I least expected such from the much touted "educated south".
Re: My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 27, 2018
donnie:

Most certainly. Problem is, I least expected such from the much touted "educated south".

Well that's the sad reality bro, we deceive ourselves with education when we are no better.

(1) (Reply)

The story of Moremi Ajasoro | Yoruba History / Easter In Nigeria / Nigerians Are The Most Respectful People In The World!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.