Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. (4619 Views)

The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) / An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. / Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by Cactus(m): 11:18am On Jul 18, 2010
KJV
------

11 When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: 12 Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her.

New International
----------------------

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

Who is she grabbing by the privates. husband or assailant?
If she grabs the husband that is not shielding him still assaulting the husband. But the assailant can claim self-defense after he cuts of her hand.
Who should do the cutting, husband or assailant?
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 18, 2010
OMG!!

This is freaky! grrrrr! WOWWWW! Schlong grabbing, long sleeve amputation(sharia anyone??)
Divine justice indeed. The God of OT let it be my Jah!
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by Kay17: 1:35am On Jul 19, 2010
Such laws are irrelevant, outdated and embarrassing best forgotten. And concentrate on moneyMAKIng, grin
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by nopuqeater: 2:23am On Jul 19, 2010
@Kay17: You cant say any part of the Bible is irrelevant, especially OT. Afterall, it s the very part that Jesus your god says he came to fulfill (as in practiced it as a means of explanation). If you render this "ridiculous" bit above irrelevant, then you have rendered what Jesus your god came to fulfill, irrelevant. As I read this portion, and bearing in mind that if Jesus had come across such a scenerio, he would have to cut off the woman's hand she used to grab some private part of a "man". If Jesus didnt do that, he would have gone against his own statement of fulfilling the OT, just the same way he did go against the stoning of the adulterous person.

Funny that in the Bible, it is the woman who is always in the dog house.

My own opinion now: Just imagine if this ridiculous senseless sceneriio was in the Quran. Can anyone imagine the zealot enemies of Islam; Christians in their effort to convert us, what will they not say? I find the verse so ridiculous that it must have been thought up by some freaky unusual sex freak. Why will a wife who is going to rescue her husband in a brwal that could hurt him be going for any croutch? Thats not how humans think or react. The wife will not be going below the belt, because her mind will be in the face, honor of her husband.

Or is this the way of the Jewish women, and the verse by its revealer is putting a stop to such a sex suggesting act? Now, could this verse come from God, Yahweh, Jehovah, or from some sex craze pervert?
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by Image123(m): 2:49am On Jul 19, 2010
Father forgive them, for they know not what they do.
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by Cactus(m): 7:39am On Jul 19, 2010
@Kay 17
Now, such laws are outdated. Interesting.
So can we agree that the old testament is entirely irrelevant?

@Image123
Why forgive when he said you should cut it off? No need to plead for forgiveness.

@nopuqeater
Well put. So many questions few or no answers.
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by seyibrown(f): 7:42pm On Aug 03, 2010
The consequences of sin was immediate in those days. People paid for their sins with their life in many cases.
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by Rhino3dm: 8:19pm On Aug 03, 2010
^^^ you see. Piece of sh.it!
Now your holy word is sounding very freaky. Hmm. those are some of my reason for demanding those that wrote thats worthless crap in the first place. Its sounds disgusting abi, But those are laws your weird, pervert and retard god make. Now for your safety dont ever grab you your husband below his belt,
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by seyibrown(f): 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

^^^ you see. Piece of sh.it!
Now your holy word is sounding very freaky. Hmm. those are some of my reason for demanding those that wrote thats worthless crap in the first place. Its sounds disgusting abi, But those are laws your weird, pervert and retard god make. Now for your safety dont ever grab you your husband below his belt,

@ Rhino.3dm

The God I serve is none of those things you described! He is the almighty God, the creator of heaven and earth and everything that is in it! The faithful, righteous, loving father whose mercies never come to an end! He is a just God! He created us in his own image and breathed life into us. He wants us to be like him, represent him, appreciate him and make him proud! You just imagine the kind of relationship you would want with your son. Would you not give your life for your son? My God is for his children! He covers us with the shadow of his wings, and satisfies us with good things! He is our help in the time of trouble! He is our peace! He never rejects those who come to him.

If you are one of those people who do not believe in a creator, ask yourself (also ask others) if any human being on earth has created something (anything at all) out of nothing (something that had not been made or created).
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by Joagbaje(m): 6:29am On Aug 12, 2010
Cactus:

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

Who is she grabbing by the privates. husband or assailant?
If she grabs the husband that is not shielding him still assaulting the husband. But the assailant can claim self-defense after he cuts of her hand.
Who should do the cutting, husband or assailant?

Neither of the two. It is the executioner that will perform it. They had judicial system in those days. They take their matters to the judge. It is the judge that determines who carries out the sentence. Some are carried out by mob action or congregation such as stoning etc .But vengeance was permitted in certain cases such as murder.

Deuteronomy 19:12
12 Then the elders of his city shall send and fetch him thence, and deliver him into the hand of the avenger of blood, that he may die.
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by vedaxcool(m): 1:53pm On Aug 12, 2010
Neither of the two. It is the executioner that will perform it. They had judicial system in those days. They take their matters to the judge. It is the judge that determines who carries out the sentence. Some are carried out by mob action or congregation such as stoning etc .But vengeance was permitted in certain cases such as murder.

Na wa oooo! so you mean to say the woman who was performing the noble act of saving her husband should be punished for saving her husband. this is pathetic how can that be any semblance of justice.
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by chakula: 2:23pm On Aug 12, 2010
This is serious.

vedaxcool:

Na wa oooo! so you mean to say the woman who was performing the noble act of saving her husband should be punished for saving her husband. this is pathetic how can that be any semblance of justice.
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by Joagbaje(m): 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2010
vedaxcool:

It wasn't my opinion . We were explaining an obsolete law.
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by seyibrown(f): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2010
Quote from: Iyineda on Today at 03:47:34 PM

Mathematics.

And that brought about many other things that weren't produced by Mother Nature.

@ Iyineda

Let's take that discussion back here : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=481135.msg6556252#msg6556252

@Iyineda

As OLAADEGBU rightly clarified, 'inventions' not 'discoveries! So bring it on, I am waiting'!

@ Rhino.3dm

You still looking for it?
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by Rhino3dm: 3:43am On Aug 14, 2010
@ seyibrow

i will never die for my son neither does it make sense that your god die for you when he even called you generation of vipers. Can you tell me why you are not even less
. . . . . . . . .

you will die, i will die

you can lie, i might lie,

you believe in 3 gods, i dont.

You believe in a weird book, i dont.

You might be intelligent, i am.

You believe in suicide, i dont.

You can be sick, i can be sick.

You can commit sin, i can.

We can both be rich, poor, sucessful, happy, sad or not.  and you can even go to HELL fire, i might.   
. . . . . . . . . . . Show me any preferential advantage of love you are having over me, since you are son of son of god am not.
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by seyibrown(f): 10:27am On Aug 14, 2010
@ Rhino.3dm and all the likes of him on Nairaland

In other words, you really cannot come up with an 'invention' which was made from anything that was not created by Jehovah? Keep searching . . . . . . .  get in touch with the ' there is no God' Brigade; they might just be able to come up with an answer!

The earlier you realise the importance of acknowledging and honouring you creator, the better it is for you; Or at least hold your peace and stop blaspheming!
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by Mudley313: 10:53am On Aug 14, 2010
seyibrown:

@ Rhino.3dm and all the likes of him on Nairaland

In other words, you really cannot come up with an 'invention' which was made from anything that was not created by Jehovah? Keep searching . . . . . . .  get in touch with the ' there is no God' Brigade; they might just be able to come up with an answer!

The earlier you realise the importance of acknowledging and honouring you creator, the better it is for you; Or at least hold your peace and stop blaspheming!

sharrap there. . .the ones you're challenging here are muslims, so y'all can go on a "my jewish genocidal and tyranical maniac god called yahweh, who was also a carpenter, his own son and was executed like a common criminal is better than your arabian virgin providing terrorist god called allah, who's last prophet was a murderous peadophile" rant all ya want
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by seyibrown(f): 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2010
Mudley313:

sharrap there. . .the ones you're challenging here are muslims, so y'all can go on a "my jewish genocidal and tyranical maniac god called yahweh, who was also a carpenter, his own son and was executed like a common criminal is better than your arabian virgin providing terrorist god called allah, who's last prophet was a murderous peadophile" rant all ya want

You don't have an answer too, then! Next, please!
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by Kay17: 12:33pm On Aug 14, 2010
@SeyiBrown

why is your God so vulnerable to human arms?

Your God was bleeding and screaming for help!

Doesn't that mean he is mortal and a mere human
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by seyibrown(f): 12:35pm On Aug 14, 2010
Kay 17:

@SeyiBrown

why is your God so vulnerable to human arms?

Your God was bleeding and screaming for help!

Doesn't that mean he is mortal and a mere human

I will answer any questions that are genuinely asked for the purpose of enlightenment posed by anyone of you, if you can give me just one invention made by man from anything Jehovah did not create.
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2010
seyibrown:

I will answer any questions that are genuinely asked for the purpose of enlightenment posed by anyone of you, if you can give me just one invention made by man from anything Jehovah did not create.

Since they are struggling to find an answer to your question let's read an account of one them that almost made such inventions.

A group of scientists, atheists and traditionalists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God.  They picked one scientist to go and tell God that they no longer needed Him.

God listened patiently and kindly to the man and after the scientist finished, God said, "Very well!  How about this?  Let's have a man-making contest."

To which the man replied, "OK, great!"

But God added, "Now we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."

The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed a handful of dirt.

God just looked at him and said, "No, no, no.  You make your own dirt!"

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by seyibrown(f): 6:34pm On Aug 14, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by mazaje(m): 11:39pm On Aug 14, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Since they are struggling to find an answer to your question let's read an account of one them that almost made such inventions.

A group of scientists, atheists and traditionalists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God.  They picked one scientist to go and tell God that they no longer needed Him.

God listened patiently and kindly to the man and after the scientist finished, God said, "Very well!  How about this?  Let's have a man-making contest."

To which the man replied, "OK, great!"

But God added, "Now we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."

The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed a handful of dirt.

God just looked at him and said, "No, no, no.  You make your own dirt!"

This is a LAME attempt at a joke, your evidence to show that Yahweh created dust is WHAT?
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by aletheia(m): 5:24am On Aug 15, 2010
^^^you!
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by seyibrown(f): 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2010
mazaje:

This is a LAME attempt at a joke, your evidence to show that Yahweh created dust is WHAT?

Then tell us one invention of man that was made without anything that was created by Jehovah!
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by Image123(m): 9:31pm On Aug 15, 2010
Making your own dirt will cost a lot of cash+ x variable, and then God holds the power to get wealth/cash. O WRETCHED man, who shall save him?
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by mazaje(m): 9:56pm On Aug 15, 2010
seyibrown:

Then tell us one invention of man that was made without anything that was created by Jehovah!

Its the other way round, Jehovah is a creation of man. . . . . . .

aletheia:

^^^you!

How?
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2010
mazaje:

Its the other way round, Jehovah is a creation of man. . . . . . .

Man's way of returning God's favour. undecided

mazaje:

How?

Did you know that man consists of Iron, sugar, salt, carbon, iodine, phoshorus, lime, calcium etc; 263 bones, 600 muscles, 970 miles of blood vessels, 400 cups on the tongue for taste, 20,000 hairs in the ears to tune in to all sounds, 40lbs jaw pressure, 10million nerves and branches, 3,500 sweat tubes to each square inch of the skin, 600 million air cells to the lungs that inhale 2,400 galons of air daily, and a telephone system that relates to the brain instantly any known sound, sight, smell taste or touch; The heart that beats 4,200 times an hour and pumps 12 tonnes of blood everyday?

So you now understand why man is still scratching his head when it comes to putting his money where his mouth is.
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12pm On Aug 18, 2010
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by mazaje(m): 8:10am On Aug 19, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Man's way of returning God's favour. undecided

Did you know that man consists of Iron, sugar, salt, carbon, iodine, phoshorus, lime, calcium etc; 263 bones, 600 muscles, 970 miles of blood vessels, 400 cups on the tongue for taste, 20,000 hairs in the ears to tune in to all sounds, 40lbs jaw pressure, 10million nerves and branches, 3,500 sweat tubes to each square inch of the skin, 600 million air cells to the lungs that inhale 2,400 galons of air daily, and a telephone system that relates to the brain instantly any known sound, sight, smell taste or touch; The heart that beats 4,200 times an hour and pumps 12 tonnes of blood everyday?

So you now understand why man is still scratching his head when it comes to putting his money where his mouth is.

I know all these things, what I want you to do is provide evidence that your own version of God called Yahweh created man and not some other God, if you ask the Muslims or Hindus etc they will tel you that its their own version of God that created man, your evidence that Yahweh created man is WHAT?. . . .I am tired of you repeating the claims of unknown and illiterate primitive hebrew men who said that the planet  earth was created before the sun and that humans were created from dust. . . . .Evidence is what I want not deluded dogma. . . . .
Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:36am On Aug 19, 2010
mazaje:

I know all these things, what I want you to do is provide evidence that your own version of God called Yahweh created man and not some other God, if you ask the Muslims or Hindus etc they will tel you that its their own version of God that created man, your evidence that Yahweh created man is WHAT?. . . .I am tired of you repeating the claims of unknown and illiterate primitive hebrew men who said that the planet  earth was created before the sun and that humans were created from dust. . . . .Evidence is what I want not deluded dogma. . . . .

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" -- Hebrews 11:1.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" -- Genesis 1:1.

"For by Him [Jesus Christ] all things were created that are in heaven and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.  All things were created through Him and for Him" -- Colossians 1:16.

You can either believe man's fallible ideas that there is no God, or trust the perfect Word of God, that says there is.  It is a matter of faith whether you say God exists or not.  The exciting thing about being a Christian is knowing that the Bible is not just another religious book, but it is the Word of the Creator God, as it claims.

It is only from the Bible that you will get the reason why there is beauty and ugliness; life and death; health and disease; love and hate.  Only the Bible gives the true and reliable account of the origin of all basic entities of life and the entire universe.

Re: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 - Cut Off Her Hand. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:53pm On Aug 19, 2010
God Wannabes

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/20081114.gif[/img]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sagamite, Lets Discuss Agnostic Deism / Should Pastors In Nigeria Pay Tax? / ‘I Saw Him Clearly, He Became President Of Nigeria’ – Popular Ghanaian Prophet P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.