Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

My Dad Needs Money Again! Please Help! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Needs Money Again! Please Help! (5567 Views)

My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help / My Dad Often Gets Unclad In The House And I Don't Lyk It / See What My Dad Found In His Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Needs Money Again! Please Help! by Tinksh(f): 7:51am On Sep 13, 2010
Has no one read that the father is working. Doesnt sound like he is old and frail Sounds like a dodgy dad to me. As parents we are supposed to raise and educate our children then they go off into the world to make their own way. If parents are still earning income why would they want to be a burden on their children. Sounds like the father is bad with money. Maybe the father needs to hear the word 'no' as many children did to learnt to be responsible for himself.
Re: My Dad Needs Money Again! Please Help! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2010
^^^ Thank you, Tink.
Re: My Dad Needs Money Again! Please Help! by chika98: 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2010
Mad_Max:

I hate the kind of psychological vampirism where a parent thinks he's done you a favour putting you thru school, and waits to recoup his 'investment'.

Sadly some Nigerian families are like this. It is very sad! Parents push and shove their children
when and how they seem fit.
Re: My Dad Needs Money Again! Please Help! by SAlUV(f): 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2011
This is why it’s so hard for black people to prosper, we feel obligated to succumb to our parents’ demands even when our finances do not permit. White folks raise their kids and enable them to go out in the world and attain the financial flexibility/stability they need without bearing the burden of nourishing their parent’s financial gambles.  If you continue sacrificing your last cent for the sake of making your dad happy, you will end up resenting him.

There’s a difference between giving and sacrificing.  Giving is food for the soul and it feels good to give, but sacrificing can easily lead to resentment.
Re: My Dad Needs Money Again! Please Help! by Genius100: 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2011
Poster, this is a simple problem. Give him what you can afford. Simple and Short!!! If he asks for N100,000 and all you can afford is N20,000, just tell him that is all you can afford. He will understand.
Re: My Dad Needs Money Again! Please Help! by Sholaf(f): 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2011
cramsvill:

Please house i need help on what to tell my dad. Although he has seen me through school and all but i am just starting my life and believe he should understand that. I got a lucrative job in 2008 and have have dished out close to a million bucks to when my dad had some financial difficulty last year. Although he promised to pay back but am not counting on that. Now he needs some money to run his account so as to take care of some business which @ the moment i dont have and i dont know what to say to him.
My colleagues have all gotten cars while some already rented their own apartment but am yet to do any of these. Am just confused.
You were lucky that your dad was part of your upbringing,
But You need to get your priorities right.
I was in the same situation with my biological mun.
She receives monthly allowance from me, plus any other excuse like Medical Bills, Aso Ebi, Entertaining etc.
When I can not meet some of her demands, she insults me and sometimes bang the phone.
Now, she says I am not her daughter.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Husband Is Married To His Draft Game / Women! Can You Allow Your Husband To Do This? (photo) / see how parents know When Their female Kids Lose Their Virginity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.