Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

HiTV Website And Services - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV Website And Services (18062 Views)

Animax Tv (a 24hrs Anime Channel Launches On Hitv) / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians / Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

HiTV Website And Services by delvinmaya(m): 2:07pm On Apr 09, 2007
can anyone tell me the website of HITV and also tell me where i can get their services in Ondo State
Re: HiTV Website And Services by tatafo: 4:08pm On May 04, 2007
I have made enquries about HITV services and i was told that right now they are not in ondo state, But will broadcast there very soon. They transmit signals via DTT -Digital Terrestial Transmission.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by dre901(m): 4:13am On May 07, 2007
Their website is www.hientertainment.tv and email is info@hientertainment.tv
Re: HiTV Website And Services by naijacutee(f): 12:53am On May 08, 2007
Absolutely wicked!!!
Re: HiTV Website And Services by 9ja4eva: 3:28am On May 08, 2007
Correct site but no link yet.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by delvinmaya(m): 8:52am On May 08, 2007
Thanks Guys you have been helpful
Re: HiTV Website And Services by somze(f): 9:19am On May 08, 2007
I hope they have good management so they can grow to be like DSTV because right now I dont think i'll trade my DSTV for it.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by otokx(m): 9:31am On May 08, 2007
I have my doubts, have you tried mytvafrica?
Re: HiTV Website And Services by awoof(m): 10:00am On May 08, 2007
@otokx

is premiereship on mytvafrica?
Re: HiTV Website And Services by WesleyanA(f): 11:24am On May 08, 2007
cool.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by somze(f): 7:40pm On May 08, 2007
otokx:

I have my doubts, have you tried mytvafrica?

No i've not. Who are they?
Re: HiTV Website And Services by Egavlas(m): 11:30pm On May 08, 2007
Hi guys. For those of you who are hanging on with Dstv because of the English premiership, I advice you to start making plans to get Hitv. Hitv has bought the broadcast rights to the premiership package A (or something of that nature) while Dstv could only secure the package B. This means that Hitv, will get the rights to show 8 (Eight) premiership matches per week while Dstv only has the right to two matches per week. Hitv also already has the rights to the spanish La liga and thats why you can't see Ronaldinho and the rest of Barcelona crew on Dstv anymore. Hitv also has a non-exclusive rights to Italian Seria A. They also have exclusive rights to UEFA cup matches, of which they took DSTV to court for showing some UEFA Matches before they stopped.

They don't have the Champions League rights but the local stations here in naija show them so thats not a problem.
Hitv also has rights to Euro 2008 qualifiers.
So whats the implication of all this? Dstv will continue appealing to ladies and teens cause of the other custom channels but for a very large number of individuals who would rather watch football and news(CNN, BBC, Channels, Aljazira), plus 18 other channels,kiddies and God Tv(They say a lot more are coming), Hitv will do thank u.
Why would I pay 9k for DSTV to get channels(most of which i don't watch), when I can pay 3k and watch football and news and nollywood movies and christian tv to my hearts desire.
Its payback time to Dstv for running companies like TITV and FSTV aground.
The Ironic thing about this is that Hitv is already giving a couple of local stations the Spanish La liga, UEFA cup matches, and plans to give 1 premiership match per week as well for free to local stations once the next season kicks off.
Its a football fest for me with Hitv from next season.

Here is a link to a story on this : http://www.independentngonline.com/?c=45&a=24911
Re: HiTV Website And Services by sartorius(m): 4:35am On May 09, 2007
i dont think hitv would be able to compete with dstv, well , i hope ther coming will lower the general subsciption rates, but you know what multichoice has been in the game for too long, have more experience, better packaging, better audience drawing programmes, i will give them one year to see how they go
Re: HiTV Website And Services by somze(f): 8:52am On May 09, 2007
@Salvage
Your link does not confirm most of the claims you made. Please where did you get most of the information. A source confirmed the spanish la liga screening but the EPL packages but still remains your word.

Agreed the DSTV pricing is expensive compared to HITV, but the packaging is superb. The fact that you can instantly know the menu (and a short explanation of each programme) for most of the channels is worth praise. There are a lot of features and services DSTV offers that HITV can not presently. With creative and efficient management, however, HITV may get there in about five(5) or more years. So right now I dont expect much from them.

How much are the equipments?

Will DSTV cease to show live premiership matches?
Re: HiTV Website And Services by Egavlas(m): 9:33am On May 09, 2007
somze:

@Salvage
Your link does not confirm most of the claims you made. Please where did you get most of the information. A source confirmed the spanish la liga screening but the EPL packages but still remains your word.

Agreed the DSTV pricing is expensive compared to HITV, but the packaging is superb. The fact that you can instantly know the menu (and a short explanation of each programme) for most of the channels is worth praise. There are a lot of features and services DSTV offers that HITV can not presently. With creative and efficient management, however, HITV may get there in about five(5) or more years. So right now I don't expect much from them.

How much are the equipments?

Will DSTV cease to show live premiership matches?

Hi Somze,
You can take it from me. The next premiereship season will have Hitv showing 8(Eight) Premiereship matches per week while Dstv will have only two. Its the same way people were doubting that Hitv got tha la liga rights untill they stopped watching it on Dstv. From August, Hitv will be in charge of premiereship in naija. They are also going to be giving a match or two(not yet determined) to local stations. The adverts are already going on with BON.
With Hitv, you can also know what is going on in other channels while still watching one.Its not a mere cable company, they have done some work on their system. With Hitv, if you are watching foxsports for instance, you can use the menu and check what is going on on the Hisports channel with a small partition on your screen.

The equipments are 25k for dish and decoder and 3k monthly subscription. However, the agents charge 3k for mounting and installation.
You also have an easy payment option that they have worked out with Bank Phb, Ecobank and Oceanic bank where you get to pay only 6k down payment and get the decoder, dish and 0ne full year of subscription. The amount of N4,500 naira will then be taken from your account each month which will cover the cost of everything plus the one yr subscription at the end of 12 months.

As per whether Dstv will show the premiereship matches, I think they only have rights to only two per week, compared to Hitv's eight per week. You will notice that Dstv recently went to get the French League, and they are getting chelsea tv, manutv and arsenal tv.This is in anticipation of what will happen from august. But those stations, dont have a right to premiership matches and they can only show delayed matches when it concerns their clubs.

I think the 5years you want to give em is too long. I will give them 2years cause when the money starts rolling in from the subscribers, they will be able to do more.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by somze(f): 10:07am On May 09, 2007
@Salvage
It is really nice to hear. Thanks.
What cities are they currently in? My folks at PH may want to migrate to its cheaper options - they've been complaining of DSTV's ever-increasing prices.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by pek(m): 10:23am On May 09, 2007
i do not want to say a lot about hitv so as not do free advert.but the truth is ,everything salvage said is true.they will end up getting better than dstv.why pay more to watch less.the question is why are you buying a cable.is it for foothball? if yes, the hitv is it. it is cheaper and give the same service.by the way, i just bought mine last week.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by pek(m): 10:25am On May 09, 2007
i do not want to say a lot about hitv so as not do free advert.the question is, why are you buying a cable?is it for foothball? if yes, then hitv is it. it is cheaper and give the same service.by the way, i just bought mine last week.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by Egavlas(m): 10:40am On May 09, 2007
[/quote][quote author=somze link=topic=48118.msg1102091#msg1102091 date=1178701669]
@Salvage
It is really nice to hear. Thanks.
What cities are they currently in? My folks at PH may want to migrate to its cheaper options - they've been complaining of DSTV's ever-increasing prices.

They are rolling out in Lagos for now. They say other cities will follow soon.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by dre901(m): 3:19pm On May 09, 2007
Salvage nice piece. i must say that what all you said is true. i think it is about time dstv reduce their price dat 9k a month is not that easy. i truly wish Hitv well. and they should leave up to the billing as dstv has done over the years. what i simply mean is the content of programms and entertainment. pls do u know the stations hitv is currently showing.
thanks once more.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by 9ja4eva: 7:02am On May 11, 2007
Yeah DSTV is expensive.

pek:

i do not want to say a lot about hitv so as not do free advert.but the truth is ,everything salvage said is true.they will end up getting better than dstv.why pay more to watch less.the question is why are you buying a cable.is it for foothball? if yes, the hitv is it. it is cheaper and give the same service.by the way, i just bought mine last week.

I feel u jare.Why pay more when u can get it for less.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by kinzolic(m): 6:09pm On May 11, 2007
pek:

i do not want to say a lot about hitv so as not do free advert.the question is, why are you buying a cable?is it for foothball? if yes, then hitv is it. it is cheaper and give the same service.by the way, i just bought mine last week.

Pls could u enlighten us more on how u got urs for people willing to purchase mind u i stay in lagos also?
Re: HiTV Website And Services by bdek(m): 5:24pm On May 19, 2007
i want us to know that , they are doing competitive business , let wait and see if hitv will be able to package themself well, as 4 me i cant Joke with my PVR decoder locking on dstv  sat,   , the   sophisticated menu  i enjoy on the system ,hitv  cant even use a normal friendly decordedecoderill brand  their services,  and the worst of it all is that they are like wireless transmission something like dtv  .Dstv on satelite which covered large areas which means they pay a lot of money to teleport operators and satelite operators,i believe i enjoy the value for my money in quality not quantity
bdekbidemi@yahoo.com
Re: HiTV Website And Services by bdek(m): 5:26pm On May 19, 2007
even if i want to go less i rather go to another satelite broadcast like mytvafrica which is better , let Hitv transmitt on satelite and let see
Re: HiTV Website And Services by awoof(m): 3:50am On May 20, 2007
bdek:

even if i want to go less i rather go to another satelite broadcast like mytvafrica which is better , let Hitv transmitt on satelite and let see
that is the beauty of competition the ability to make choices. Stop promoting dstv those south africans are bloody shylocks, until glo hit them hard we never knew per second billing was possible with gsm in naija.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by gbadex1(m): 8:30pm On May 20, 2007
Excuse me, i gat a question-

Isn't there more to watching DSTv and co. other than football/premiership matches? What about other packages? What about entertainment? What about 'em custom packages?
Re: HiTV Website And Services by 9ja4eva: 12:04am On May 21, 2007
How is deir service so far?
Re: HiTV Website And Services by husseyn(m): 6:34pm On May 23, 2007
I sincerely believe Hitv can at list put Nigeria on the map of countries with good television contents.A total Nigerian package other than the one that will  sell another countries culture and funny accent to us! we should all remember that "Rome wasn't built in a day" we should give them the chance to grow! because am quiet ashamed that despite the fact that we call ourself the giant of oh sorry! the heart of Africa our television stations still lag behind in quality and dept of programmes, in spite of the enormous talent in our country.
Re: HiTV Website And Services by 9ja4eva: 9:58am On May 26, 2007
Good to know
Re: HiTV Website And Services by ronkarazo(m): 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2007
Big ups to Toyin Subair, Olumide Amure and co. HITV is a welcome idea, lets not comapre an contrast for now. As consumers lets be glad that there's competition, it only drives down prices, i even pray that TITV and FSTV can bounce back, I hope and pray the Tajudeens Televista also does well because thecompetition will ensure quality prgramming.

I heard a rumour that HITV are in talks with some young dudes in the states who want to take ova the music tv scene, na rumour not confirmed ,
Re: HiTV Website And Services by 9ja4eva: 11:05pm On Jun 06, 2007
Na true u talk
Re: HiTV Website And Services by dre901(m): 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2007
Does anyone know the current status of HITV as regards their channels and quality of pictures during this raining season.is it like dstv, when rain falls, the signals are no where to be found.pls anyone using hitv can help us with dis before i buy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video Of Baby Twins Dancing Gangnam Style / Warrior Discussion Thread (beware Of Spoilers) / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Television Commercials?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.