Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki (5067 Views)

Femi Adesina: Nigerians More Attracted To Buhari Than Awolowo, Azikiwe, Aminu Ka / Kayode Ogundamisi Responds To Attacks Over Leaked Audio From Sen Saraki / Nigerian Police Force Clears The Air On The Offa Robbery Saga With Sen. Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by OreMI22: 12:41am On Oct 27, 2018
A lot of arguments about the purported integrity of Buhari against the other Presidential aspirants has been the reason given by his supporters.
A comparison of quality of life indices among Nigerians have deteriorated since 2014 compared to 2018 under Buhari.

Despite all the lies and propaganda of Buhari's regime, Nigerians are poorer, have less access to electricity, education, good health, massive job losses, increased unemployment, while Buhari and his henchmen have continued to grow richer. Nigeria's economy and GDP has continued to shrink despite the lies of Lai Mohammed and other Buhari Ministers. Buhari himself informed Nigerians that he did not know how to run a business. If a man self admits that he cannot run a business, can he be trusted to run a country of almost 200 million people?

In direct contrast, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has been a very successful in business, management of human resources and creation of employment not just in Adamawa state, but the entire country.

The question today is : Are Nigerians better off now under Buhari than they were 4 years ago?

If the answer is Yes, then Buhari should continue. However, if the answer is NO, then Buhari must be voted out of office for a more intelligent and a better skilled manager of human resources to manage Nigeria better for our overall good and prosperity.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by AroOkigbo(m): 1:21am On Oct 27, 2018
We are not better!
We need someone that will take us back for at least 10 years grin.
At least we will start buying petrol at #50 per liter, and a bag of rice for #6k

I am OBIdiently ATIKUlated shocked

22 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by front4line: 1:22am On Oct 27, 2018
For Igbo Nigeria will be beta of under a renowned thief just so they can have their way. How many people have to loud it that Atiku is a theif ? Imagine that is why Igbo want us to vote n labeled Yoruba tribalistic because we said no.

I swear Igbos will cry blood come 2019.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by OreMI22: 1:15pm On Oct 27, 2018
front4line:
For Igbo Nigeria will be beta of under a renowned thief just so they can have their way. How many people have to loud it that Atiku is a theif ? Imagine that is why Igbo want us to vote n labeled Yoruba tribalistic because we said no.

grin grin grin

Your post alone shows the hatred and intolerance under Buhari has escalated.

The question is that since we voted for Buhari to bring CHANGE, has he brought any positive change to our lives?

I voted for Buhari in 2015, a mistake i still regret. Please leave my thread if you have nothing but hate to share. This page is to share ideas on Nigeria's way forward.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by GoodofNaija: 1:18pm On Oct 27, 2018
grin
OreMI22:

grin grin grin

The question is that since we voted for Buhari to bring CHANGE, has he brought any positive change to our lives?

I voted for Buhari in 2015, a mistake i still regret. Please leave my thread if you have nothing but hate to share. This page is to share ideas on Nigeria.

grin grin

Don't mind the guy, he's zombie
By their utterances you shall know them.
They can't reason beyond tribes.

The state of the nation makes no one happy. A lot of businesses and people are really struggling to get going. The current occupier of aso rock lacks technical and social capacity to lead coupled with his fragile health, yet he wants to hold on to power.

Worse still he keeps blaming others but himself, meaning he does know where the problem is.

I just hope we get it right next year!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by vedaxcool(m): 1:21pm On Oct 27, 2018
A only Atiku is your only option? Chio ipob mumus are never alright when it comes to sound thinking. The same PDP that created the mess is the one ipob imbeci1es look to helping them out. They will overlook their own sister Oby Ezikwesele to slavishly follow a man they so love to hate his tribe out of bigotry and tribalist foolery for their commitment to Corruption and criminality. What sorry bunch of loser they are cursed to be?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by Liebermantic: 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2018
Buhari is an ethnic bigot and a complete disaster!!
Atiku's views on administration is what Nigeria needs at this moment.. Buhari is a nepotistic, illiterate, lifeless dullard

8 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by Amhappy(f): 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2018
My answer is NO. 2015 I gave Buhari a lot of benefit of doubt. I argued with my neighbours who are core IPOB supporters accusing them of not giving PMB a chance but the indices so far has proved me wrong. Job loss also hit my family so I know what is like. Contracts no longer flow like before. And with the inflation rate,it's quite sad. I don't blame PMB for the problems however, I think he has not done enough. I was against Jonathan for not doing enough.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by godliman: 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2018
front4line:

You are swearing for nothing nobody will cry any blood except you. If you are bewitched we are not bros. Atiku is a thief and buhari is a terrorist chose one and leave us alone. For us we will chose to be alive and robbed than butchered. If you ve any spark of conscience and not under witchcraft spell did you hear femi adesina say on tv that we should choose between our land and our lives? Who talks like that if not a cold blooded terrorist master mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by godliman: 4:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
Amhappy:
My answer is NO. 2015 I gave Buhari a lot of benefit of doubt. I argued with my neighbours who are core IPOB supporters accusing them of not giving PMB a chance but the indices so far has proved me wrong. Job loss also hit my family so I know what is like. Contracts no longer flow like before. And with the inflation rate,it's quite sad. I don't blame PMB for the problems however, I think he has not done enough. I was against Jonathan for not doing enough.
You wont blame buhari, yet you know he hasn't done enough, then pls blame me

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by godliman: 4:19pm On Oct 27, 2018
vedaxcool:
A only Atiku is your only option? Chio ipob mumus are never alright when it comes to sound thinking. The same PDP that created the mess is the one ipob imbeci1es look to helping them out. They will overlook their own sister Oby Ezikwesele to slavishly follow a man they so love to hate his tribe out of bigotry and tribalist foolery for their commitment to Corruption and criminality. What sorry bunch of loser they are cursed to be?
Those your grammar no fear anybody bros. Wasnt umaru yaradua a fulani man from katsina why didnt ppl hate him like your hero? He who plays with poo should not complain about flies. Buhari earned every ounce of hate he got.

5 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by Bizibi(m): 4:26pm On Oct 27, 2018
Some halfwits will always say yes indirectly.....
Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by SarkinYarki: 4:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
Even Dangote is worse of under Buhari and it says a lot

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by Omeokachie: 5:10pm On Oct 27, 2018
Even lunatics roaming the streets are feeling the effect of misrule by Buhari and his gang of recessionists.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by OreMI22: 7:58pm On Oct 27, 2018
Omeokachie:
Even lunatics roaming the streets are feeling the effect of misrule by Buhari and his gang of recessionists.

Please let us not call Buhari's supporters lunatics. That is what causes Nigerians to fight in politics instead of reasoning and finding the best choice for the country.

We are here to properly reason together as a people affected by Nigerians situation

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by Masterclass32: 8:21pm On Oct 27, 2018
Nigerians are by no means better under Buhari, however you check it. Is it economy, security, health care, standard of living, employment? Millions have lost their jobs. Under his watch, Nigeria became the poverty headquarters of the world. People are killed daily like we are in a state of war. Human rights are abused. Court orders disobeyed with impunity. Feeding properly is a hard for most Nigerians. Where do u start?

That some people still support Buhari for 2019 is a wonder in itself.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by HegenIkomkeh(m): 11:02pm On Oct 27, 2018
Obviously Nigeria has been worse off on all fronts since muhammudu buhari assumed power.No question about that.
Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by front4line: 11:06pm On Oct 27, 2018
OreMI22:

grin grin grin

I voted for Buhari in 2015, a mistake i still regret. Please leave my thread if you have nothing but hate to share. This page is to share ideas on Nigeria's way forward.

I know it’s a waste lecturing you Igbo because you have eyes but can not see. Nigeria budget rose to 9 trillion within 3 years while crude sold for less than $40. The highest PDP could achieve in 16 years even with when crude sold for over $100 was 3 trillion but you Igbo do not see under recording of oil revenue. This is looting Nigeria’s wealth off the table coupled with the fact that the 3 trillion in the budget will also be looted.

3rd Niger bridge commission by Jonathan on paper we are now seeing the towering pillars under Buhari before you wail remember PDP was there for 16 years. In this 16 yrs Lagos Ibadan express was an eyesore. Saraki a PDP bastard boasted that he cut the road’s budget n added it to house budget on camera. The story is different now.

What about the new airport terminal in PH, the brand new tarmac of Abuja airport ? The Abuja metro rail ? Payment of arrears of Nigwria airways workers, payment to Biafra soldiers formerly in the army ? The list is endless n I can go on n on but I know that will not change your mind. The irredeemable hate you have been nurtured with from birth will not allow it.

It is this same reason Igbo love Gowon who declared war on them but hate Buhari for the same war because he was just an officer, the reason Igbo hate Awo who did not declare the war only partook but love Gowon who declared the war.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by godliman: 5:24pm On Oct 28, 2018
front4line:

I also hear senselessly bigoted Igbo say they’ll burn Nigeria to the ground. Your leader the lunatic also claim any Yoruba priest should be murder upon stepping on the red mud enclave, now tell me about the bigoted spell 99% Igbos are under / the irredeemable hate you all have been nurtured with by your mother n father. I spite on your entire tribe with no exception to any Igbo.
bros you wasted those shots cause I am not ibo, I took on you because I hate hate. Sadly you are not better than the ibos. I see hatred and babarity in both of you. I strongly suspect you are of northern extraction. Pls you guys should not turn nigeria into Rwanda with your satanic hatred for each other.
Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by OreMI22: 10:46am On Oct 29, 2018
HegenIkomkeh:
Obviously Nigeria has been worse off on all fronts since muhammudu buhari assumed power.No question about that.

I was expecting Nigerians to speak about their lives. How much things have changed for the worst now
Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by OreMI22: 2:00am On Nov 20, 2018
HegenIkomkeh:

Only those who love to live in squalor and hunger will still prefer Buhari after all his evils and empty promises.

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by BigIyanga: 2:38am On Nov 20, 2018
front4line:

A failed JAMBITE!! Answer the question pls.. This question has nothing to Igbos.. So with ur ethnic card you buy a bag of rice@N9k while Igbos buy it @N20k?

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by onez: 3:05am On Nov 20, 2018
front4line:

No bigotry please
Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by AyakaDunukofia: 3:09am On Nov 20, 2018
Obviously Nigerians are NOT.. The indices speaks for itself; Res Ipsa loquitor
Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by OreMI22: 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:
Obviously Nigerians are NOT.. The indices speaks for itself; Res Ipsa loquitor

Yet, some people basically out of tribalism want a failure to continue in office and continue to ruin people's lives?
Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by jpphilips(m): 12:42pm On Nov 20, 2018

IS BUHARI TRULY RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR ECONOMIC WOES?

A lot have been said about Buhari, how he brought hardship on Nigerians, how he is responsible for all the suffering in Nigeria, is that theory backed with facts and global economic realities or the shenanigans of few individuals basking in the Euphoria of ignorance?
Since I must make a choice between our present loud political gladiators, I armed myself with Economics textbooks and news archive, here is what i discovered.

Nigeria an oil producing and oil dependent economy suffered a global economic hit called crude oil price shock
it is the sudden drop in price of crude oil in the commodity trading market, it has occurred at different times in History nearly every decade. Countries that are hardest hit by crude shock are basically countries that not only produce crude oil in significant amount but solely depend on it as their foreign exchange earner. While oil shocks have asymmetric effects in oil-exporting developing countries; lower oil prices lead to major revenue cuts and ensuing stagnation in the economy, but higher oil prices and accompanying higher revenues do not translate into sustained economic growth.

What are the effects of crude shock in oil producing developing economies?

Forex scarcity: Most developing economies whether oil producing or not, depend on importation to survive, where foreign currency becomes scarce, industries, individuals that have significant need for forex will likely close shops giving birth to the second problem unemployment then finally the master Recession.

Unemployment: When industries no longer have forex to buy spare parts, can no longer afford raw materials, production slows, sales slows, profit eroded, workers sacked, since the volume of activities in the economy is directly proportional to the GDP, the GDP contracts and birth another economic monster Recession.

Recession is a chain reaction of unpalatable economic events that shows the economy is not experiencing growth but contracting, lets look at the effects of recession, high energy cost (energy in most developing economies are subsidized one way or another) crude shock and eventually recession erodes government revenues till a point where it could no longer afford subsidies and other things it used to afford.
In Nigeria where our Electricity Generation companies are subsidized, petroleum products are subsidized,you will understand that such partial or complete subsidy removal will quickly skyrocket the cost of living generally, transportation, cost of food etc are equally affected that leads to another monster called Inflation.

Inflation: is defined as a phenomenon where huge bills are in search of few goods, how is that possible? when the industries that produce goods closed down, imports could not be sustained due to Forex shortages where will the goods come from? the absence of those goods while the bills remain triggers inflation, causes hunger and eventually poverty and devaluation of local currency.

Devaluation is when global reserve currencies trade higher than your currency, of course you recall that an economy in crude shock first suffers Forex shortages, that robs the central bank (in the case of Nigeria) the ability to fix the currency at a reasonable exchange rate.
The local currency is allowed to float along a band the cbn thinks may not be too hurtful on the economy.
Forex ban is placed on certain commodities, debit cards like Visa, Mastercard et al are all placed on monthly transaction limits as a reflection of the reality of forex shortages.

Okonjo iweala then finance minister and coordinator of the economy actually warned Nigerians in 2014 long before buhari came that the level of mismanagement will bring hunger to us, read here: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/171145-brace-tougher-times-ahead-okonjo-iweala-tells-nigerians.html
If okonjo iweala saw this hunger in 2014, warned us about it, how can a sane person accuse buhari of bringing hardship?

Between 2015-2017, all these happened in the Nigerian economy, then I asked "are we the only oil dependent economies in the world? why us alone?
The answer took me to several countries in the world and I realized that other oil producing countries dont depend on oil alone, countries like Russia though the largest producer of crude oil in the world, has a robust defense industry that contribute significantly to its GDP, Russia equally enjoys large market shares in Gas distribution in Eurasia, by the time crude oil shock hit, Russia had over $400b in reserves,
It became clear that the only economic move that could hold off crude oil shock and other global economic shocks is a robust foreign exchange reserves (Savings).

Permit me to take you down our economic history, in 2008 during the global melt down, the then CBN governor prof. Chukwuma Charles soludo bragged that the Nigerian economy is immune to global shocks? That would have sounded ridiculous but it is true, what did he do? they launched an economic strategy called National Economic Empowerment And Development Strategy NEEDS.
This strategy recommended that once crude oil is sold, the balance above the budget benchmark is kept in an account called the ECA, by the time that government left and another took over in 2007, both the ECA & Foreign reserve account held over $68b in reserves, in a $200b economy at the time, that reserve was significant enough to whither any storm that came the way of our economy, Much later into the crisis, Nigeria later relaxed its exchange rate to 155 to a dollar. now we know that Nigeria had in the past stood resilience in the face of global shocks with a culture of Savings.

Global economic meltdown is worse than crude shock because in a meltdown, major economies are affected, capital flight becomes common in developing economies, crude oil customers reduce demand thereby pushing prices lower, the saddest part is that no country has money to borrow anyone during global meltdown, yet Nigeria Survived it with Soludo's brilliant strategy. A strategy that was blatantly refused by the previous administration when suggested by Iweala, recall that Iweala worked with Soludo in that NEEDS team.

Fast forward to 2015, Three out of the top four producers of crude oil in Africa by their production, Nigeria, Angola, Algeria and Egypt were all in recession even though Egypt does not significantly depend on oil but her economy was shattered. Algeria escaped recession because by 2014, just like Nigeria in 2008, Algeria had a foreign reserve balance of $194b in a $156.1b economy (122% of GDP in savings).You can see that the Robust reserve of Algeria was their savior in this modern crude oil shock era. The previous administration in Nigeria boasted of leaving behind a paltry $19b for a $500b economy at the time (3.8% of GDP), that amount is not even enough to pay for imports let alone absorb global shocks, so Nigeria can be rightly described in late 2014 as an oil dependent economy with no savings. How important is this savings?

Lets take our research to the Second largest producer of crude oil Angola, just like Nigeria with no significant savings, Angola's challenges needs no introduction, let facts speak for itself

Angola suffered severe Forex & currency challenges just like Nigeria. According to Bloomberg
They not only devalued their currency, they equally allowed it to float like Nigeria's
Angola devalued its currency as the OPEC member sought to revive an economy still reeling from the oil-price crash four years ago.

The kwanza fell 11 percent to 187.95 per dollar by 3:35 p.m. in Luanda and depreciated 10 percent to 221.75 against the euro. The move came a day after the central bank allowed the currency to weaken in its first auction of foreign exchange since announcing it would end a dollar peg that’s been in place since April 2016.....Bloomberg
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-09/angola-kwanza-weakens-in-first-currency-auction-after-peg-lifted

Borrowing to fund Budget deficits, just like Nigeria, Angola has borrowed to the point of requesting a bail out from the IMF
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/angola-says-to-request-4-5-bn-imf-loan-as-crisis-lingers/

Unemployment Rate in Angola increased to 20 percent in 2017 from 19.90 percent in 2016.
https://tradingeconomics.com/angola/unemployment-rate

Inflation in Angola was a whooping 23.67 percent in December 2017, data on the national statistics agency's website showed on Wednesday.
Price growth on a month-on-month basis rose to 1.47 percent in January from 1.2 percent previously.

Poverty in Angola
According to Angola's 2001 MPI, more than 77% of the population was multidimensionally poor. ... The latest available World Bank figure for income poverty in Angola, from 2008, shows that 36.6% of the population is income poor. Angola's population is currently estimated at 29.7 million.

I can go on and on the list is endless, as a matter of undeniable fact, Angola just like Nigeria are the largest producers in Africa, they practically did not save enough and they were hit hard by crude price shock. to balance the analysis, it will be unfair to discuss those that didn't save without giving kudos to those that saved, like i said previously, Algeria saved a whooping $90b when the going was good, as such its economy was immune to crude shock.

Russia like we said though had currency challenges during the period under review ostensibly because of western sanctions, Russia had over $400b in reserves by ending of 2014.

Saudi Arabia was immune to crude shock not without little currency & subsidy issues ostensibly because of its huge financing of the war in Yemen, they were sitting on a comfortable $732b by the end of 2014.

My country men, you can see that this suffering was brought upon us by mismanagement by the same people that are warming up to continue from where fate has left us, if buhari had $100b in our foreign reserve in 2015, we wont be hungry today, we wont lose our jobs, we wont lose our manufacturing industries, this is the truth that shall set us free!

Some even blamed it on Avengers attack of 2016

Niger delta avengers was a non issue, if you noticed, I expunged them from my initial analysis, here is why;
We were in crude shock from late 2014, Avengers struck in 2016, since 2014, your GDP wasn't showing any growth but retrogression or doldrums meaning you were heading towards recession anyways as a result of crude shock.

If Avengers did not strike, OPEC would have asked us to cut production to boost prices,
read:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-28/opec-said-to-agree-on-first-oil-output-cut-in-eight-years

So Avengers or any form of production cut at the time was a non issue. OPEC gave us production cut waiver because Nigeria has already declared force-majore in most of its crude oil export channels.

Nigerian people, what is your present government doing to stem this tide that has shocked the fabrics of our nation to the Marrow?

The vice president being the economic manager of the country Launched the ERGP, with it Nigeria even in recession was able to save $47b in our foreign reserve, at this pace, I have no doubt that this money will hit $100b in the next 4yrs, that is a guarantee that our economy will become immune to global shocks once again, not just crude shocks alone. (Algerian model)

The moment that money crossed $40b mark, forex shortages disappeared, importers stopped complaining, manufacturers stopped complaining of dollar scarcity, debit cards relaxed their limits etc, that was a killer stroke in our economic recovery strategy, inflation immediately responded to the potency of the ERGP from 18.8% in 2017 to 11.23% in 2018.
This reserve will boost investors confidence that the economy is liquid enough for profit repatriation, that is how the jobs will return, job creation is private sector driven, not govt.

Among the three oil dependent economies in Africa that landed in recession within the same period, Nigeria was the first to exit recession, that was historical & mind blowing, despite fighting terrorism and with a massive population, we did it first before any other country.

By Blocking loopholes Our Federal allocation that used to be a misery 311b naira in june 2016 is between 600-700b naira in presently.
This volume if held steady will continue providing liquidity that will surely inflate the economy.

Nigeria is building a Gas liquefying plant called the NLNG train 7 project, that will in a way increase revenue from Gas against depending on oil alone, there are other ongoing Gas projects like the AKK projects and other Gas for power projects, rightly put, the economy is being diversified towards gas. (Russian model)
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/nnpc-signs-agreement-for-seven-critical-gas-projects/

As you can see here, Manufacturing is gradually expanding, next will be jobs returning on its own

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/07/08/cbn-at-57-0-pmi-manufacturing-sector-expanded-in-june/amp/

We don't need Atiku's stealing to truncate an economic process already in recovery.

In conclusion, I can state for a fact that the economic challenges of this country has nothing to do with Buhari under the circumstances he met on ground, we have a chance to fix culpability of blames where it rightly belongs on crude shock, or replace this government whose framework seems promising with another leadership of questionable integrity.

Buhari is like a mechanic that was given a car to fix, only for the car owner to accuse him of being the problem of the car when he is yet to fix anything.

We shall never go back to past governments whose inaction landed us in this mess in the first place.
leadership in the past that we tasked to privatize our establishments, all failed save for the one that ended up in his pocket, yet he claimed to create Jobs? How many jobs were lost in that privatization scam where 56 government entities perished?

Where is our NITEL, ALSCON, Nicon Insurance to mention a few? Leadership that claims to create jobs but his company PRODECO folded up? Leadership that claim to create jobs yet it was Buhari that sacked foreigners littered everywhere in his company, does an ordinary logistics company need that much foreigners?

Leadership that is a case study for corruption and money laundering by the US Senate committee on Homeland security, Leadership that preaches restructuring but enjoys monopoly in Niger delta sea ports? Atiku is a walking scam, may we not walk into the scam called Atiku because of lies peddled and perfected by the same holocausts that landed us in bondage, every scam comes with a loud noise, say No to Atiku, we cant move from Abacha loot to Atiku loot at this perilous time.

It will be very dangerous and retrogressive to have a leader that is in bad terms with the international community, remember that the united states is the Fulcrum of our war against insurgency, one will argue that if America doesn't sell arms to us we go to Russia, the world works differently now under Donald trump, ask yourself, why did Jonathan not go to those people when America sanctioned him under the Leahy's ban? Yet he sat idly and watched Boko haram slaughter tens of thousands eventually took LGA's? American ban is as good as a global ban, recall how South Africa seized funds Jonathan wanted to use for arms purchase, please dont ask me what is South Africa's business with a US ban, that is how the world works.

In 2017, the US congress passed a law called Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act, CAATSA to promote the America first agenda while sanctioning countries that do business with American's enemies. If Atiku (God forbid) becomes the president as much as thinks about going to Russia for help, Nigeria will end up in CAATSA web, and that is when the true Hunger will manifest.

Can you live under a US sanction like North Korea and Iran? can you live with a Boko haram that is out of control? A boko haram that once
bombed Abuja for fun but Today the once Almighty Shekau is in hiding? what about other support we get from the US like the USAID? free immunization? Polio prevention? HIV and AIDS vaccines? Machinery and oil and gas technologies etc? are you willing to throw away all these because of a criminal whose greed led him to commit atrocities in the United states or hate for Buhari that is built on lies?
When faced with these realities, Atiku will never achieve anything, rather he will steal what we have left and disappear like he did in the US.

May God help us!!

Watch Peter obi summarize this analysis

https://twitter.com/i/status/1058007016810123264

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by jpphilips(m): 12:43pm On Nov 20, 2018
OreMI22:

Only those who love to live in squalor and hunger will still prefer Buhari after all his evils and empty promises.

sure because you think Atiku has anything to offer, joker.!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by jpphilips(m): 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2018
OreMI22:
A lot of arguments about the purported integrity of Buhari against the other Presidential aspirants has been the reason given by his supporters.
A comparison of quality of life indices among Nigerians have deteriorated since 2014 compared to 2018 under Buhari.

Despite all the lies and propaganda of Buhari's regime, Nigerians are poorer, have less access to electricity, education, good health, massive job losses, increased unemployment, while Buhari and his henchmen have continued to grow richer. Nigeria's economy and GDP has continued to shrink despite the lies of Lai Mohammed and other Buhari Ministers. Buhari himself informed Nigerians that he did not know how to run a business. If a man self admits that he cannot run a business, can he be trusted to run a country of almost 200 million people?

In direct contrast, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has been a very successful in business, management of human resources and creation of employment not just in Adamawa state, but the entire country.

The question today is : Are Nigerians better off now under Buhari than they were 4 years ago?

If the answer is Yes, then Buhari should continue. However, if the answer is NO, then Buhari must be voted out of office for a more intelligent and a better skilled manager of human resources to manage Nigeria better for our overall good and prosperity.

Here is the problem, nobody said Nigeria doesn't have a problem? Nigeria is in crisis, nobody said Nigerians are not suffering, nobody said things are not difficult in Nigeria presently, the real questions reasonable people are asking is this, do you understand what made Nigeria difficult? If you dont understand it, how can you solve it?
Suppose you understand what made Nigeria difficult, does buhari have any hand in it, NO!! Does buhari wield the power to change it, the answer is NO!!, what power does buhari have? the power to manage the situation, so far he has done excellently well.

The right question you should ask is this; who had the Power to save us from the hardship of today? PDP!!
Have they saved us before? yes!! in 2008.
Why is 2015 different? They enthroned an ineffectual buffon that refused to do what was done in the past.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/nigeria-had-no-political-will-to-save-under-jonathan-okonjo-iweala/

My question is what makes you think PDP deserve to return because we are facing the consequences of the problem they caused?
Much less insulting our intelligence further by enthroning the worst of their Kind, one worse than the ineffectual buffoon? when ignoramus like yourself think atiku is a business man, i laugh hard, everything Atiku has today including the few people he is using their blood to make money in the name of employment were all stolen or diverted from the Nigerian people. If you call a man like that a business man, then you have a brain tumor that must be removed very quickly.

Do you know why PDP apologized to Nigerians? because they know they caused the problem, listen to Atiku very carefully;

https://twitter.com/i/status/1064780737671557120

listen to Peter Obi very Carefully;

https://twitter.com/i/status/1058007016810123264

You can see you are living through the times created by the demon called PDP, only an individual with a watery brain will allow them to return because of the consequences of the problem they caused.
If the manager of your company sets it on fire, you sack him, then once you rent a small space to manage your life, do you hire him back?

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by onubijoe(m): 1:15pm On Nov 20, 2018
PMB won an election in 2015 by exposing the failures and ineptitude of GEJ’s administration. You want to be re-elected after 4 years in power by referencing the failures and ineptitude of GEJ’s administration. What has PMB achieved in 4 years? All Buhailist should be ashamed of some setting argument . APC government is a total failure simple
Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by jpphilips(m): 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2018
Masterclass32:
Nigerians are by no means better under Buhari, however you check it. Is it economy, security, health care, standard of living, employment? Millions have lost their jobs. Under his watch, Nigeria became the poverty headquarters of the world. People are killed daily like we are in a state of war. Human rights are abused. Court orders disobeyed with impunity. Feeding properly is a hard for most Nigerians. Where do u start?

That some people still support Buhari for 2019 is a wonder in itself.

That you are not educated enough to know what brought hardship upon you does not mean others do not understand that, its one thing to be in difficulty, it is another to understand how it came.
If this country have sound citizens not people like you that only see hardship but suffering mental failure on cause and effects analysis, citizens that can reason, citizens that knows what brings about what, citizen that understand how economy works, PDP will liquidate as a political party, let alone insult our intelligence on a come back, jeezz!! Atiku? the worst in PDP?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:18pm On Nov 20, 2018
Atiku asked Nigerians if they were better off now than they were four years ago.

A quick answer YES. Security wise, Economy wise and Developmental wise.

Atiku should answer questions directed at him by Nigerians.

What has he done to make Nigeria better between 1999-2007?

Over the year between 2007-2018, what has he done to show that he has completely changed from looter to public servant?

PDP begged for forgiveness for looting Nigeria dry. The issue is not only seeking forgiveness but complete repentance. Has PDP repented? Any sign of repentance in PDP state Government which Atiku is going to develop on?

Is he ready to travel and clear is name in USA?

PDP and Atiku admitted they created a mess which Buhari is cleaning. How are we sure they ain't going to add more to mess on ground?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NIPSS: Buhari To Receive Universal Healthcare Funding Report Friday / See What Is Happening In North East: This Election Is Over / It Finally Makes Sense Why Buhari Did Not Want Tinubu To Be President.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.