Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office (38103 Views)

My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office / My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. / A Bad Day In The Office And How To Bounce Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by 24hoursreporter: 8:09am On Oct 27, 2018
The office is arguably our second home. As a matter of fact, we sometimes spend more time in the office than we do with our families and friends. You may argue if you want, but this is the reality we are facing today.

Due to how close we are with certain colleagues in the office, we tend to discuss some certain things outside work with them. While it is good to be informal sometimes so as to develop personal rapport, it is important to know your limit. In fact, there are certain things you should never discuss in the office.

No matter how frustrated you are, trust me your co-worker in the office is a wrong person to discuss certain things with. After all, office gossips spread wider than wildfires. Therefore, in this article, you will learn some things you should never discuss in the office.

It may interest you to know that discussing these topics at work may cause you your promotion. Nobody is truly your friend in an office environment, they will always use you as a sacrificial lamb for eye service in the presence of your boss. So, be careful of what you say or discuss in the office.

Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office

#1. Bad Experience Of Your Last Job

One of the things you should never discuss in the office is the bad experience of your last job. Even if the experience is negative to the core, still talk about the positive aspect of the organization. Otherwise, you may be seen as somebody who doesn’t take responsibility for his actions.

Therefore, even if you must talk about your last employment in your office, emphasize more on the things you learnt rather than the negative experience you had.

#2 Political Views

The office is the wrong place to discuss your political view, especially when you have a different view from your boss or superior. However, people will always bring up political topics in the office, try as much as possible not to say anything or view.

Even if your colleagues invite you to the discussion, don’t engage in it. It is a common source of misunderstanding in the office.

#3. The Fact That You Are Looking For Another Job

One of the most important things you should never discuss in the office is the fact that you are looking for another job. Even if you are looking for another job, never discuss it with anybody.

Like I said earlier, office gossips spread wider than wildfire, so keeping information like this to yourself is better. No matter how close you are with your co-worker, never discuss your exit strategy with them.

#4. Your Relationship Life

By the way, why will someone be discussing his or her relationship life in the office? It is very appalling. Whether you cheat on your spouse, fought with her before leaving home or any other personal issues shouldn’t be discussed in the office. It is completely off limit.

#5. Family History

You don’t discuss your family history in the office. Irrespective of how close you are with your colleague, family matters remain private.

Whether your father is having a major ailment, or your mother is filing a divorce against your father, never disclose such issues at work. If you must know, everybody has his or her own family issues, why disclosing yours?

#6. Complaining About Your Boss

The office is a highly political environment, you don’t know who among your colleague is the boss’s snitch. Therefore, never discuss anything negative about your boss in the office. This might cause you a lot in the long run.

#7. Criticizing Your Company’s Strategy

Criticizing your organization’s strategy is something you should never involve in. Who knows, you may be in the position of authority in the same organization tomorrow and start making those same decisions you once criticized.

Therefore, it is advisable to speak your concerns about the strategy constructively rather than criticizing openly.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/10/26/7-things-you-should-never-discuss-in-the-office/

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by 24hoursreporter: 8:13am On Oct 27, 2018
Meanwhile, See the 15 Most Dangerous Jobs In The World ===> http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/06/12/15-most-dangerous-jobs-in-the-world/

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by leonard002(m): 9:22am On Oct 27, 2018
Can we discuss Chelsea ManU?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by cassidy1996(m): 10:55am On Oct 27, 2018
so sad, have said so much

13 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by tunjijones(m): 11:43am On Oct 27, 2018
Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by Whataworld: 11:44am On Oct 27, 2018
ello nairalander..I am giving out this free info just as a way of saying think you to some of you

guys..Sincerely I have benefited a lot from the selfless altitudes of most of you guys..Please

Ignore my grammatical errors..This business involve exporting goods from Nigeria to Ghana.

I am a Nigeria living in Ghana, no doubt lately the internet has been awash with the news of Ghanaian authority chasing away Nigerians,yes is true,but the Nigerians affected are those that operates shops..But some of us without shops are doing our normal supply of goods,and get our cash in return..

This business is what I do,and I am invitating anyone who wants to try something new to get in touch with me,I shall lead you through it all..please don't be faster than your shadow by going into this business with the proper info.Clearly I am giving out this ideal free of charge..

This business has to do with exportation of BOXERS and SINGLETS to Ghana.. This business is Good..Here in Ghana BOXERS are sold for 7 and 8 CEDI's, which is equivalent to 500,or 600 naira.But in Nigeria BOXERS are sold for less than 200 naira,so you're certainly going to make a lot of MONEY in you go into this business... As you know,there are disadvantages in every business.. But the advantages are far more than the disadvantages.. So if you're interested in trying out something DM me,I will lead you through at no cost..once again this is my little contributions to this great forum..
God bless Seun
God bless the mod
God bless us all.
+233242746217

8 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by davizfellz: 11:44am On Oct 27, 2018
[ quote author=tunjijones post=72452152].[/quote]
Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by setuleme: 11:44am On Oct 27, 2018
BE A VIDEO EDITING EXPERT. 100% PRACTICAL VIDEO EDITING TRAINING IN LAGOS

From narrative scene editing to documentary editing, our video editing tutorials will help you make a movie, short film, or documentary. Learn the art of video editing from our expert instructors using popular video editing softwares

What You Get!

- Award of CERTIFICATION after completion of course
- 100% Practical Training from Multimedia Design Experts
- Basics of GRAPHICS DESIGN Training
- Unlimited Internet Wi-Fi
- Weekdays and Weekends Trainings
- PLUS MORE

DURATION: 6 WEEKS. FEES: - N49,999 (OPTION 1 – 3 TIMES A WEEK)
4 WEEKS FEES: N39,999 (OPTION 2 – 5 TIMES A WEEK)

PREREQUISITE: Intending student for this course is required to have fundamental skill in Photoshop and Illustrator. We can take you on Graphics design at an extra value!

VENUE: Unity Road, Off Toyin Street, off Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos

REQUIREMENTS: Just your laptop and writing pad – UNLIMITED INTERNET WIFI AVAILABLE!

NOTE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (SOME USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by globalresource: 11:45am On Oct 27, 2018
Nice write up
Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by Akshow: 11:45am On Oct 27, 2018
Don't discuss religion sex and politics

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by IntellectOzone(m): 11:45am On Oct 27, 2018
Office is nearly meant for working not discussion
Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by maingate27: 11:45am On Oct 27, 2018
Can we transact dollars?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 27, 2018
angry
Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by samuel19222(m): 11:46am On Oct 27, 2018
Freedom to do anything

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by Justbeingreal(m): 11:46am On Oct 27, 2018
cool

The book "The MaFia Manager" prepared me for the office circle.

Nice write up.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by tfelicityk(m): 11:46am On Oct 27, 2018
I concur...

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by CheapDataGuy: 11:46am On Oct 27, 2018
Toh me and my guys at work do discuss about the gehz wey we don kpanch.

But as u take tok so maybe we go match break

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by afolayangs(m): 11:46am On Oct 27, 2018
cassidy1996:
so sad, have said so much
it okay dear go and say no more

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by Triangles1(m): 11:46am On Oct 27, 2018
Okay
Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by kobabe(m): 11:47am On Oct 27, 2018
Like for PMB share for AAA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by Komu1048(m): 11:48am On Oct 27, 2018
When I start work in will but all in mind
Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by kenbee(f): 11:48am On Oct 27, 2018
What then shall we discuss apart from these?
Religion and fairly tale I guess

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by maberry(m): 11:48am On Oct 27, 2018
I have no friends at work
I do not mistake colleagues for friends

5 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 27, 2018
Work na coded place na, you keep your plans close to your chest while you put in your best to the hustle.
Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by yorex2011: 11:51am On Oct 27, 2018
Ok
Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by pkang: 11:53am On Oct 27, 2018
I have been caught many times by my Boss talking I'll about her. No. 2 still guilty too.
Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by GoldCircle: 11:53am On Oct 27, 2018
@OP, what then can you discuss in the office?

Your list contains all the things in life.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by ipobarethieves: 11:55am On Oct 27, 2018
sad waste of time.They'll always talk even wen uninvited especially those ITK bureau.U can't dissuade ladies not to gist about relationship, party etc.Our men are expert too.Early morning, they'll talk football,argue politics with office security guard.Gist about their latest catch etc.But d day u discuss ur boss to a snitch ,ur soup don do be dat

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 11:55am On Oct 27, 2018
Whataworld:
ello nairalander..I am giving out this free info just as a way of saying think you to some of you

guys..Sincerely I have benefited a lot from the selfless altitudes of most of you guys..Please

Ignore my grammatical errors..This business involve exporting goods from Nigeria to Ghana.

I am a Nigeria living in Ghana, no doubt lately the internet has been awash with the news of Ghanaian authority chasing away Nigerians,yes is true,but the Nigerians affected are those that operates shops..But some of us without shops are doing our normal supply of goods,and get our cash in return..

This business is what I do,and I am invitating anyone who wants to try something new to get in touch with me,I shall lead you through it all..please don't be faster than your shadow by going into this business with the proper info.Clearly I am giving out this ideal free of charge..

This business has to do with exportation of BOXERS and SINGLETS to Ghana.. This business is Good..Here in Ghana BOXERS are sold for 7 and 8 CEDI's, which is equivalent to 500,or 600 naira.But in Nigeria BOXERS are sold for less than 200 naira,so you're certainly going to make a lot of MONEY in you go into this business... As you know,there are disadvantages in every business.. But the advantages are far more than the disadvantages.. So if you're interested in trying out something DM me,I will lead you through at no cost..once again this is my little contributions to this great forum..
God bless Seun
God bless the mod
God bless us all.
+233242746217
07037771619 send me a message on whatsapp let strike a deal
Re: 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office by otokx(m): 11:58am On Oct 27, 2018
kukuma form deaf and dumb in the office.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Lawyer Slumps, Dies In Court Room During Trial / Nigeria Bar Association Election Voters Register Contains Bizarre Names (Photo) / Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.