Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence (34865 Views)

Gunmen Attack Police Station In Anambra, Kill Two Inspectors, Free Detainees / Offa Robbery: SARS Tortured Us To Implicate Saraki, Petitioners Told Panel / Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Cloud007: 1:49pm On Oct 27, 2018
I believe what he said about SARS. But He is a criminal too....
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Newboss(m): 1:54pm On Oct 27, 2018
Mklanceee:

I am not a criminal like Evans and the other prisoners.
I don't know why you foolishly jump on post to type nonsense. what in my post suggest I am supporting the police?

Criminal? angry

So after over 20 years in Nigeria you still believe everyone in police custody is a criminal? angry

People who should be serving 5 year sentences have their sentences converted to death sentences by some savages and you're still speaking English? angry

Guy, this Nigeria and this life is not where 7+1 is equal go 8.
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Originalsly: 1:54pm On Oct 27, 2018
Hmmm.....Evans is accusing the Police of torture....showing marks to back up what he is saying. ..naming names of who did what... is that what the Police are supposed to do?...shouldn't there be an investigation and the accused face charges if true? We make noise about how brutal the forces are... how they treat civilians..... and here we are seeing them named in court...an opportunity to have them punished...and what do we say?...they should've punished brutalized Evans more...he looks too fresh. We are already condemning Evans...based on what the Police allegations....then we turn around and be wondering why we can't have systems like other countries....we...giving the forces more power to brutalized us and don't even know.
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by MICHEALADEX(m): 2:02pm On Oct 27, 2018
Darls247:
If it where in a developed country this man for don die or been in prison by now..we way no do anything dey here for prison while people who committed big crimes are going free.

You must be committing from kirikiri or ikoyi prison

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by doggedfighter(f): 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2018
OMG, OMG, a human being killed with cello tape and nylon bag. See goosebumps on my body. People are really committing atrocities.
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by kunmiiii: 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2018
Newboss:

People are being killed in custody and you think it's all about Evans? angry

Evans is just confirming what happens in the NPF angry

It keeps going round, and would likely be your turn to be wasted in police custody angry
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by kunmiiii: 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2018
Newboss:

People are being killed in custody and you think it's all about Evans? angry

Evans is just confirming what happens in the NPF angry

It keeps going round, and would likely be your turn to be wasted in police custody angry

Guy, Why are you vibrating!!

From where to where Oga!!??

Was there any where in my post i justified the killings of suspects without Trial? that's the beauty of democracy and the judicial system; everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

I only made an assertion based on the testimony he gave about the judicial killings he witnessed, and how he might have been lucky he didn't suffer the same fate simply becos his case was too high profile.

You better go back and read the comment again, this time read slowly and try to comprehend.
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by gidado14(m): 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2018
nairafamedotcom:
The alleged billionaire kidnapper, Evans, has told a court how SARS officials allegedly tortured him and killed other detainees.

Alleged kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike alias Evans yesterday narrated to an Ikeja high court how he was allegedly tortured by members of the Inspector General of Police (IGP) Intelligence Response Team and the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), The Nation reports.

Evans narrated his experience during the continuation of a trial-within-trial at an Ikeja High Court where he is facing trial on a two-count charge conspiracy and kidnapping.

He is facing trial before Justice Hakeem Oshodi alongside five other members of his gang.

Before Evans’ testimony, a five-minute-33-second video recording was played in the courtroom.

The video recording showed Inspector Idowu Haruna, a member of the IGP Intelligence Response Team, sitting beside Evans, cautioning him and taking his statement.

Evans defence counsel, Mr Olanrewaju Ajanaku, however disputed the validity of the recording by claiming it was heavily edited.

Evans, while being led in evidence by Ajanaku, described himself as a businessman dealing in haulage and ornaments and resident at No. 3, Fred Soyebode Street, Magodo Lagos.

In vivid detail, Evans described how he was tortured by police officers after his arrest.

He said: “Inspector Idowu Haruna (member of IGP Intelligence Response Team) took me to Abuja and brought me back to Lagos where I was at the Inspector General (IG) Guest House at Obalende, Lagos.

“Sunny, the 2 I/C (second in command) to Abba Kyari Mr Christian Ugu, Mr Phillip and other police officers working with them were there.

“Idowu Haruna brought about 25 sheets of paper and asked me to sign. That day, my mind told me not to sign because it might be my death warrant.

“Mr Phillip put his hand in his pocket and brought out a brown hospital card. He showed it to me and told me to sign it, saying, ‘Do you think that we are joking here?’ He said if anything happens to me here, this card covers everything.

“Mr Phillip said the police would not be held responsible. And before I knew it, Mr Christian slapped me, and that was how they started beating me,” Evans told the court.

The alleged kidnap kingpin gave more details to the court how the police officers tortured him and made him witness executions in a bid to get him to admit to his crimes.

He said: “Mr Christian Ugu was smoking. He quenched the cigarette on my hand. My Lord, look at my head where they beat me. My Lord, look at my hand.

“They took me to the backyard of the I.G’s guest house. I sustained injuries on my head and body and Mr Phillip asked the policemen to walk on me. When I started bleeding, he said, ‘You think we are joking here?’

“At the backyard, I saw some people that I was paraded with. They were wearing leg chains. Some of them had bullet wounds on their legs and Mr Phillip ordered Idowu Haruna to bring a big brown cello tape, handkerchief and polybags.

“Idowu Haruna forced a handkerchief into the mouth of one of them. He used the cello tape to tightly tape his mouth and face and put a polybag over his head and cello-taped it. He used another poly bag and cello-taped it the second time and they left the man on the ground.
“The man on the ground was shaking. He pissed (urinated) on his body. He pooed (defecated) on his body, and after a while, he went quiet.

“Idowu Haruna went to the man and stepped on his body, and he was irresponsive. Then he told me, ‘Can you see? I have travelled him.”

Evans told the court that four persons were executed in the same manner by the police officers in his presence.

“I was brought before them and I started begging, asking them what they wanted me to do, and they told me to cooperate with them. I said okay, I would do anything they wanted me to do.

“Phillip asked them to take me to the house and he asked if I knew the method of killing and I said no. They said that it is called ‘Saddam Husse.

http://www.nairafame.com/2018/10/billionaire-kidnapper-evans-reveals-how.html

THEM NO KILL THESE IDIOT UPON ALL THE ASSAULTS

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by 77up(m): 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2018
Newboss:

Those police men that killed those prisoners in his presence while affiliating giving credits to a savage terrorist, are they not criminals too? angry

Are they in any fūcking way on this planet by any logical or illogical basis better than Evans? angry

I know we're all animals, but must we be savages? angry

If this kinda news emerges from any sane nation, that nation should be burning by now due to massive protest angry

You see why the whites steer clear from and demean Nigerians? angry Savages at best! angry
Prisoner with smartphone and data grin

Bubu is working grin cheesy
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Anstone: 2:18pm On Oct 27, 2018
Mklanceee:

I am not a criminal like Evans and the other prisoners.
I don't know why you foolishly jump on post to type nonsense. what in my post suggest I am supporting the police?

Bro! E go soon be your turn one day, by then you would stop judging others base on what you hear. You think only criminals are being under the brutality of the NPF?
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2018
Hakeem12:
Evans still facing trial. Why hasn't he been sentenced already?
Fulani herdsmen nko?
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2018
Anstone:

Bro! E go soon be your turn one day, by then you would stop judging others base on what you hear. You think only criminals are being under the brutality of the NPF?
police go just come carry you for no reason?
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Newboss(m): 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2018
kunmiiii:

Guy, Why are you vibrating!!

From where to where Oga!!??

Was there any where in my post i justified the killings of suspects without Trial? that's the beauty of democracy and the judicial system; everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

I only made an assertion based on the testimony he gave about the judicial killings he witnessed, and how he might have been lucky he didn't suffer the same fate simply becos his case was too high profile.

You better go back and read the comment again, this time read slowly and try to comprehend.
Here is your post, read it again because it will be your turn to be used as a pun by the policeangry

"
Shiooorrr....see the way this useless hardened criminal is complaining like a kidnapped victim...

Oops...Now he knows how it feels, if not for its a high profile case and serious questions will be raised, he might have been given the "Saddam Husse" method too."
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Anstone: 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2018
Mklanceee:

police go just come carry you for no reason?

Unforeseen occurrence happens bro, no one is left out from the ill system... I have seen a man charge for a capital offense because he unknownly bought a car worth 3.2million from a supposed custom which was an armed robber.
A capital offense! You know what that means?
Person wey never be in turn suppose dey humble
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Codes151(m): 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2018
I thought they stopped Sarz

These guys can sha intimidate
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by kunmiiii: 2:50pm On Oct 27, 2018
Newboss:

Here is your post, read it again because it will be your turn to be used as a pun by the policeangry

"
Shiooorrr....see the way this useless hardened criminal is complaining like a kidnapped victim...

Oops...Now he knows how it feels, if not for its a high profile case and serious questions will be raised, he might have been given the "Saddam Husse" method too."

Bia, come...what's this bickering for

"might" is the operative and conditional word in the sentence, I never said he "should" have been given the treatment.

This is just a case of your disturbed penchant to jump into mentions without comprehending simply because you have an opinion.

Stop vibrating upandan and move along jooor....

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by delzbaba(m): 3:00pm On Oct 27, 2018
this is actually what kidnappers do sometimes
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by NorthernSerene(m): 3:02pm On Oct 27, 2018
NotBeenPaid:

Evans and Buhari are no different from each other.

How would you be paid when you are not working? And all is because you are brainless.
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Crixina(f): 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2018
Evans is a scumbag, but boy, is he telling the truth here.
Hell yeah!
Police brutality no get part two for this country.
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by carrascocity(f): 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
Darls247:
If it where in a developed country this man for don die or been in prison by now..we way no do anything dey here for prison while people who committed big crimes are going free.

Quit weed
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by carrascocity(f): 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2018
Iphupa:
guess what Evans did to those he kidnapped,he gave them hell on earth..only God knows best..

Did he kidnapped or any member of your village ?
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by softaddict07: 3:26pm On Oct 27, 2018
iAudio:

You see Nigeria police, A very special place is reserved for them in the hottest part of hell.
oga shut up abeg , only a fool will trust any words uttered from an alledged kidnapper
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Yankee101: 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2018
Toture is inhumane....except where other lives are still at risk
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by adedehinbo(m): 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
gypsey:
Absolutely! but they don't see it that way, they believe that evans is a criminal that should be killed, i don't understand, Nigerians do not believe in Criminal rehabilitation, A criminal today can become a productive and reformed citizen tomorrow.

If evans commited crime as we are been forced to believe, by all means send him to prison not murder him.

as you have quite rightly asserted, if this extra judial killings do not stop. is will get round to every Nigerian eventaully.
anyone that kills,deserves to be killed,if what u stated is the way hardened criminals should be handled,I think we all needs to be criminal, we all want to be rich too. mumu like you
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
What do you expect?
You reap what you sow.
Think of all the families you tortured mercilessly.
If you are scum, you end up with scum.
The Nigerian Police Force is the ultimate scum!

It is a miracle you are still alive.

Ewu! kiss
then the whole Nigeria is reaping abi Because we are all victims...But look what myopic reasoning made u type in public...Smh
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by alowonle02(m): 5:21pm On Oct 27, 2018
Does this guy expect policemen to be playing with him? Even if someone steals #20 and he is taking to police station, they will deal with him mercilessly.
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by KanwuliaExtra: 5:31pm On Oct 27, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
then the whole Nigeria is reaping abi Because we are all victims...But look what myopic reasoning made u type in public...Smh

Please? Make your point and move on. kiss
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by adoniza(m): 5:39pm On Oct 27, 2018
Black people are the most wicked of all human races. Terrible!
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Azam101: 6:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
This bastard has the gut to still lament? Evans you will not experience peace of mind again!
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by JuanDeDios: 7:54pm On Oct 27, 2018
nairafamedotcom:
“Idowu Haruna forced a handkerchief into the mouth of one of them. He used the cello tape to tightly tape his mouth and face and put a polybag over his head and cello-taped it. He used another poly bag and cello-taped it the second time and they left the man on the ground.
“The man on the ground was shaking. He pissed (urinated) on his body. He pooed (defecated) on his body, and after a while, he went quiet.

“Idowu Haruna went to the man and stepped on his body, and he was irresponsive. Then he told me, ‘Can you see? I have travelled him.”
Jezus!
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by JuanDeDios: 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2018
Newboss:

How do you folks think? angry

This has nothing to do with Evans but the people who police murder in custody angry

You guys always have mouth until it's your turn to be the nobody whose life is to be wasted angry I don't want to wish you ill, else I would have told you that it WILL be your turn someday angry

Remember, it comes around angry Oh, it keeps going roundangry
Thank you. It's just sad there no outrage over this. Our people just don't get it.
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
adedehinbo:
anyone that kills,deserves to be killed,if what u stated is the way hardened criminals should be handled,I think we all needs to be criminal, we all want to be rich too. mumu like you
Is this Rubbish supposed to make sense? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man, 40, Caught Having Sex With Two-year-old Girl / Professor Emmanuel Amadi Murdered In His Home / Nigerian Drug Traffickers Caught In Malaysia And Interrogated On Camera (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.