Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request (20486 Views)

Makinde, Deputy’s Rift Deepens South-West PDP’s Crisis / Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other / Akume, Ortom’s Rift Deepens, Governor Plans Defection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by kaen1317: 8:29am On Oct 28, 2018
rusher14:

Yet you are voting a Muslim of the same ethnic stock.

In addition to this, he is beginning to display signs of one who really isn't interested in restructuring.

Hypocrite.
atiku is a liberal that believes people of different ethnic and religious background can peacefully coexist. He is not an extremist whose stock in trade is appointing only people of the same religion and region as himself, neither is he one to turn a blind eye to his so called fight against corruption where his interest is involved, neither is he one to starve the whole country in the name of governance
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by engineerboat(m): 8:36am On Oct 28, 2018
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by madridsta007(m): 8:37am On Oct 28, 2018
phenol33:
nwanne twitter don win elections... do u remember clinton won her election against trump on twitter. but in reality she lost. same may happen to atiku.

Lol. Clinton “beat” Trump everywhere if you listened on took the leftist Democrat-controlled media serious.

On Twitter and FB, however, the margins were mixed.

Personally I do not think Nigeria would be much better under an Atiku Presidency. It would be definitely better than a Buhari Presidency just because of the lifelessness of Buhari, but not extremely better.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by madridsta007(m): 8:38am On Oct 28, 2018
Minjim:

I see you are struggling to comprehend my comment. I was merely coraborating your comment

Noted.
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by Corrinthians(m): 8:41am On Oct 28, 2018
Redoil:
Coming from a yoruba news paper smelling lies
The One form vanguard right above your head is also Yoruba I presume. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by plaetton: 8:54am On Oct 28, 2018
senatordave1:

Is it not better you leave this illusion called restructuring,throw some support to buhari and when h wins,leverage on it to get power in 2023? Me and you know you wont get good governance from Atiku
With all due respect to you, I almost want to throw up on the words' throw some support for Buhari' ,' leverage' , ' get power in 2023'.
I don't even know where to start.

Let me start by saying that Buhari has been a plague in the Nigerian economic landscape since 1983. It was Buhari's reasonable mutiny in 1983 that transacted our maturing democratic nation , and thereafter plunged Nigeria onto a trajectory of precipitous woes one after another. This is not my opinion. This is fact. If you are old enough or have read enough, you would agree.
Buhari conned his way back to power in 2015 under the pretext of integrity. Well , 3 yrs has demystified him proper and his phantom integrity.Aside from being the most divisive, the most bigoted, the most aloof, Buhari has turned out to be the most incompetent excuse for a leader Nigeria has ever seen. Where do I start ? Is it the bloodsheding in every corner? , the unabashed NEPOTISM? , the daylight corruption ?, the corruption of the rule of law and democratic norms?, the election rigging ? the lack of transparency at NNPC?
In 3 short yrs, all standard of living indices have plunged to record lows.
And you suggest I show support for Buhari ,...so that ....what ?

Those of you that think Igbo presidency is such a big deal to Igbos are just being ignorant.
It is true that Nigeria is suffering from self- inflicted injury and scoring own-goals because there has been a deliberate and well orchestrated schemes to de-industrialize and render Igbos irrelevant in the economic and political scheme of things in Nigeria since after the civil war. It is important you understand that good governance, a stable and healthy economy is all that Igbo need to thrive, not Igbo presidency. Igbo presidency would not change anything for any Igbo or for Nigeria, unless Nigeria is restructured .

As for Atiku, he is not a saint. But Nigeria doesn't need a saint.Nigeria needs leaders with a broad mind, who understand pluralistic democratic culture, who value education, who understand economics and the economics of a functional education.
Say goodbye to Buhari and his 14th century mindset.
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by Okoroawusa: 8:56am On Oct 28, 2018
kaen1317:
the task at hand right now is to get this old man back home for a proper retirement in daura. The general suspicion of a secret agenda at ethnic cleansing, land grabbing and total islamization is real
I laugh at this ur "total islamization".Atiku is an idol worshipper, abi?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by CoolAmbience(m): 8:56am On Oct 28, 2018
gare:

Wont you guys allow him win the 2019 election first before you start talking of 2023, if he does not want to step down you can realize your Igob Presidency with either APC or any other party, please they should allow him focus and win first.

Trying to strong arm him now will not be good, it is not about who produces the president but more of who provides the dividend of democracy.

What are you saying?

They should allow him win first to determine their political future?

That will be the dumbest thing to do. Don't even say it again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by signz: 8:57am On Oct 28, 2018
Immediately I saw that this story from the Nation, I laughed. cheesy cheesy grin

Those who know, know
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by wristbangle: 9:05am On Oct 28, 2018
Redoil:

Smh! If the same news report favours you, such ridiculous statement will not ooze from you.

Hatred is indeed very bad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by kaen1317: 9:09am On Oct 28, 2018
Okoroawusa:

I laugh at this ur "total islamization".Atiku is an idol worshipper, abi?
Atiku is a Muslim that appreciates the diversity of Nigeria
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by bluecircle470: 9:11am On Oct 28, 2018
thunderfirebuha:

Why are you easily deceived? Igbos are not known for that...

You should know that Yorubas are doing everything to paint ATUKU-OBI ticket as terrible so to keep marketing that failed pair of disaster they forced on Nigerians sinc 2015.

MY ADVICE TO ALL IGBOS:

STAY AWAY FROM ANY DIVISIVE THREAD OR PUBLICATION BY YORUBAS AGAINST ATIKU-OBI.

FIGHT THEM WITH FACTS ON GROUND. ...

For your information this same YORUBA you’re talking about owns the media/journalism in this country called Nigeria! That’s the bitter truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by Ambber(f): 9:15am On Oct 28, 2018
Ok, ndigbo go and vote Buhari (he also reneged on one term too) and his plan is to give Tinubu freehand including the seat in 2023. Don’t play ya self.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by bewla(m): 9:25am On Oct 28, 2018
post=72470880:
TROUBLE IN THE ENEMIES CAMP From day one!!

Nigeria will be great again.

GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI
in Bob Marley voice don't let them full u a fulani to fulani next hausa two time next berom two time next Abeokuta two times next ijebu two times nest kwara two times next Rivers two times next Bayelsa two times then maybe Igbo or ipob will be considered then

1 Like

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by bewla(m): 9:31am On Oct 28, 2018
kaen1317:
Atiku is a Muslim that appreciates the diversity of Nigeria
Yes like America Nigeria university of 3.some jara million naira fee's

when our budget is diversify

like NEPA

bebkok na no go area

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by WisdomFlakes: 9:33am On Oct 28, 2018
"If SE loss presidency in 2023, they should wait till 2059. That is 44yrs to come. Atiku 8yrs(North east)-2027. Next presidency will go to SW- 2027-2035,(8yrs), Next North central- 2035-2043(8yrs), Next South south-2043-2051(8yrs), next is North west 2051-2059(8yrs). Next South east 2059-2067. that is the centenary of civil war remembrance. 8*5+4 yrs Atiku second term. =44yrs."

3 Likes

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by bewla(m): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2018
Redoil:
And comment by Igbo di wisee
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by kaen1317: 9:37am On Oct 28, 2018
bewla:
Yes like America Nigeria university of 3.some jara million naira fee's

when budget is diversify

like NEPA
we just have to have hope. At least he puts people to work by privately creating jobs in Nigeria unlike someone that has created zero jobs and written zero books and sees nothing good in the divergence of Nigeria but his own kind. The man is old, frail in health and not in control of the country. It is the truth so face it
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by gare(f): 10:02am On Oct 28, 2018
CoolAmbience:

What are you saying?

They should allow him win first to determine their political future?

That will be the dumbest thing to do. Don't even say it again.

This 2023 not 2019 what are you saying and he hasn't even won so if he looses the elections it means no Igbo Presidency because APC seems to be going to the SW, keep an open hands don't limit it only to PDP so you guys don't shoot your self on the foot. I am for the east to have the next President but it's too early to be asking for a party that may win or loose
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by MrRush(m): 10:20am On Oct 28, 2018
thunderfirebuha:

Why are you easily deceived? Igbos are not known for that...

You should know that Yorubas are doing everything to paint ATUKU-OBI ticket as terrible so to keep marketing that failed pair of disaster they forced on Nigerians sinc 2015.

MY ADVICE TO ALL IGBOS:

STAY AWAY FROM ANY DIVISIVE THREAD OR PUBLICATION BY YORUBAS AGAINST ATIKU-OBI.

FIGHT THEM WITH FACTS ON GROUND.
stay away from divisive thread and wail on threads that has Buhari commissioning projects? smiley

1 Like

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by alen4smith(m): 10:29am On Oct 28, 2018
madridsta007:

Sure.
That’s why APC invests heavily on Twitter and the social media in 2015 and for 2019. Because real voters are not on Twitter. Odiegwu grin grin
isn't it ironical that you guys don't see anything good in kingsley moghalu, obi ezekwesili yet campaigning for a fulani Muslim I have never seen a confused tribe as this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by CoolAmbience(m): 10:34am On Oct 28, 2018
gare:

This 2023 not 2019 what are you saying and he hasn't even won so if he looses the elections it means no Igbo Presidency because APC seems to be going to the SW, keep an open hands don't limit it only to PDP so you guys don't shoot your self on the foot. I am for the east to have the next President but it's too early to be asking for a party that may win or loose

You didn't seem to understand my point.

I am simply saying that the best time to agree on conditions and terms for any engagement is before it is executed, and not after.

The region in the South that is likely to clinch the presidency in 2023 will be determined by which gets the most support from the combined Northern region. It will not be given on a platter. It has to be thoroughly worked for and earned. I don't subscribe to the emotion of 'we have not produced president in 50 or 100 years', after all there are ethnic groups that may never produce state governor.

I think it should be about a Southern candidate with crossboard goodwill and capacity to deliver good governance, fearlessly fight graft, foster national peace and unity, fasttrack infrastructural development, genuinely proritize education and healthcare, enhance enabling environment, security and economic prosperity.

Nigeria must never go back to where she's made considerable effort coming out from.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by AnyoneButAtiku: 10:44am On Oct 28, 2018
You mean Atiku is scamming the good people already? grin grin grin

Say no to #AtikulooterCONtinua

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by madridsta007(m): 10:44am On Oct 28, 2018
alen4smith:
isn't it ironical that you guys don't see anything good in kingsley moghalu, obi ezekwesili yet campaigning for a fulani Muslim I have never seen a confused tribe as this.

Many others and I see a people— I try not to refer to nations in the Nigerian space as the derogatory “tribe”— who are actually “detribalised” such that they are willing to see pragmatism in opting for an Atiku of a different ethnicity, over the various persons you mentioned.
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 28, 2018
‘This nonsense has got to stop

Forget 2023 and worry about 2019

If Atiku wants to go for second term no agreement today will stop it so why the noise

Let’s build a Nigeria that works for all if it takes 8 years of Atiku to achieve it so be it
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by Cajal(m): 11:32am On Oct 28, 2018
Atikulooters and atikuliers
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by hucienda: 11:38am On Oct 28, 2018
Jaymaxxy:
Lol. So you people think a Nigerian president will decide not to go for a second term in office? Like you actually believe that?

lol ... no be small wonder. Is it that they are politically naïve or what? No be so Buhari talk say im sef go do one term? It is Atiku's right to choose to run for 2nd term or not should he become president. That his one term promise during the contest for their party's presidential ticket is just like saying 'just one round' in za oza room. At least he picked one of them as No. 2. Same thing played out during the Jonathan presidency. If the SE leaders cannot wait that long, then they have to go against the will of majority of their people and allow Buhari continue his abysmal performance - then they have to slug it out with the SW in 2023.
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by Brugo(m): 12:08pm On Oct 28, 2018
I keep saying this. Igbos never learn. grin
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by chyleo007(m): 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2018
SE don't need Atiku/Obi, they need Buhari so as to actualise 2023 presidential ambition in both relevant party.
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by mvem(m): 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2018
Ruddyman:

Lies coming from Tinubu Paper.....Atiku said he will do just one term and we believe him...
...why are you believing another Fulani man
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by sogodihno: 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2018
madridsta007:

I don’t think it’s fair to generalise it as Yorubas.
Millions of Yorubas are supporting Atiku. Just check Twitter.
It is APC and Tinubu inspired publications. Not the entire Yoruba tribe.

Yorubas are not supporting Atiku. only Ipob youths are supporting him.
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by PFRB: 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2018
ozodigboo:

I disagree with utmost respect for ur post.
Obi is a better alternative
see the excitement it generated across Nigeria.
Ekweremadu's efcc file is still open.
and Atiku knows.
the FG was just waiting for the ekweremadu announcement for them to pounce.
these politicians are not that stupid
The issue is not about Obi. It is about how he emerged. It is about Atiku reneging on the agreement that made all SE delegates to vote for him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

School Abductions: Abdullahi Mohammed Says People Don't Want Education For North / Justice Odili: Malami Accuses Olumide Akpata Of Pursuing Personal Agenda / No Nigeria Armed Forces Officer Has Attain The Rank Of Field Marshal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.