Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,005 members, 7,806,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Question To Those Who Support One Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Question To Those Who Support One Nigeria (425 Views)

Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth / Five Nigerian Senators Who Support Social Media Regulation / Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question To Those Who Support One Nigeria by banom(m): 9:01am On Oct 28, 2018
What would have been your reaction if Britain had sent their army to kill your fathers and mothers , your brothers and sister during our clamor for independence from them in the 50s ? Will you have been here hailing them for killing your family members just because they asked for their independence ?

Caveat; this is exactly what you are doing to Biafrans now for asking for their freedom. Think about it.
Re: Question To Those Who Support One Nigeria by iammo(m): 9:14am On Oct 28, 2018
banom:
What would have been your reaction if Britain had sent their army to kill your fathers and mothers , your brothers and sister during our clamor for independence from them in the 50s ? Will you have been here hailing them for killing your family members just because they asked for their independence ?

Caveat; this is exactly what you are doing to Biafrans now for asking for their freedom. Think about it.

British fought us for 40 years before conquering us with the help of runaway huasa slaves who are tired of Fulani rule, we won the independence argument based on common sense and superior arguments

However Biafra lunched two attacks on Nigeria one at obalende police headquarters the other a failed plane attack at apapa before Nigerian army joined the battle, the Biafra's offensive even went as far as forcefully gaining old bendel and were at a point in ore (Yoruba land) before General obasanjo helped repelled the Biafra army

This little history is to make you understand that Biafra killed many Nigerians also. And secession can never be achieved with insults and curses on other tribe, violence isn't an option too (this would only cause mistrust and political maligning )
However a political solution is viable. Before going into 2019 polls. Igbo's should set a simple agenda of inclusion of referendum in the constitution, and Igbo leaders and pressure groups must ensure all elected Igbo politician must sign a pact to promote the agenda
Re: Question To Those Who Support One Nigeria by banom(m): 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2018
iammo:

British fought us for 40 years before conquering us with the help of runaway huasa slaves who are tired of Fulani rule, we won the independence argument based on common sense and superior arguments

However Biafra lunched two attacks on Nigeria one at obalende police headquarters the other a failed plane attack at apapa before Nigerian army joined the battle, the Biafra's offensive even went as far as forcefully gaining old bendel and were at a point in ore (Yoruba land) before General obasanjo helped repelled the Biafra army

This little history is to make you understand that Biafra killed many Nigerians also. And secession can never be achieved with insults and curses on other tribe, violence isn't an option too (this would only cause mistrust and political maligning )
However a political solution is viable. Before going into 2019 polls. Igbo's should set a simple agenda of inclusion of referendum in the constitution, and Igbo leaders and pressure groups must ensure all elected Igbo politician must sign a pact to promote the agenda

Shut up . its either you are ignorant or mischievous or both. Go and read the history of Biafran war from books written by those who fought the war. Don't come here to spew rubbish and tell me history you heard from beer parlor. How did the Biafran soldiers get to Ore ? Did they get to ore because they declared war and started fighting it or because they were repelling Nigerian soldiers ? Don't tell me what you don't know . Go and read Alexander Madiebo's book on the Nigerian/Biafran civil war.
Re: Question To Those Who Support One Nigeria by iammo(m): 1:10pm On Oct 29, 2018
banom:

Shut up . its either you are ignorant or mischievous or both. Go and read the history of Biafran war from books written by those who fought the war. Don't come here to spew rubbish and tell me history you heard from beer parlor. How did the Biafran soldiers get to Ore ? Did they get to ore because they declared war and started fighting it or because they were repelling Nigerian soldiers ? Don't tell me what you don't know . Go and read Alexander Madiebo's book on the Nigerian/Biafran civil war.

Lol, typical frustrated ipob, I thought I could have a meaningful discussion on this topic without insults flying around, but then I start seeing "shutup" " ignorant" and" mischievous". .. No time for negativity this week. Bye and Good luck with your Biafra
Re: Question To Those Who Support One Nigeria by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2018
banom:

Calm down bro, the guy was trying to establish a platform for an informative discussion but u blew it up with ur emotional response.

Let's try to release facts to counter comments instead of insults.

BTW, u gave your source on this issue as u pointed him to read a book u got ur information from, he may have another source where he got his own information from too. Those books may have sentiments due to the authors involvement in the war and they may also have d whole facts too.
Let us find a way to engage in meaningful arguments without recourse to insults and name callings in this forum.
Thank you.
iammo please don't get offended, just try to work with him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Never Said Buhari Will Lose In North East, He Will Win Conveniently -Sen Bukar / Achievement Of Rotimi Akeredolu In The Agriculture Sector In Less Than A Year / 15 Amazing Facts You Ought To Know as a Resident of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.