Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,934 members, 7,799,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu (1647 Views)

Father Mbaka Rejects Buhari's Juicy Offer, Demands Nnamdi Kanu's Release (Video) / Biafra 1967: The Hidden Part Of Yoruba Stance On Biafra / Nigerian Unity / BIAFRA: Nigerian Government In Wild Panic Over IPOB Sit-at-home Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:57pm On Oct 28, 2018
The leader of a Nigerian separatist group said the Nigerian government spurned the demands he made after he was released from prison over a year ago.

“I told them, that I want them to open Igweocha seaport, Port Harcourt,” Nnamdi Kanu, who leads the Indigenous People of Biafra, said in a message posted to Radio Biafra’s Facebook page on Sunday.

“I ask them to open Calabar seaport and Warri Seaport, I did this in writing and gave it to them, I told them to dredge River Niger, allow the direct international flight to Europe and USA from Enugu, Igweocha and Calabar airport.”

Kanu said he also demanded the release of former Nigerian security adviser Sambo Dasuki and the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria Ibrahim El-Zakzaky and the investigation of “the mass murder of IPOB family members at Onitcha, Nkpor, Aba, Enugu, Igweocha, Umahia and Asaba.”

Kanu’s IPOB is pushing for an independent state for the Igbo-dominated southeastern Nigeria.

The region was locked in a civil war with Nigeria for about 30 months starting from 1967 after late Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, then a colonel in the Nigerian Army, declared an independent Biafra.

Kanu, however, said he will drop his agitation only if the Southeast governors get him a concession.

“I told Igbo governors and Ohanaeze, ‘If you want me to drop the agitation for Biafra, please, go to Abuja and get me something,” a man claiming to be Kanu said in an audio clip posted to a SoundCloud account operated by Radio Biafra.

“Get me a concession. I will not drop Biafra until I get a concession.”

Kanu, a former real estate agent in London, is facing a sleuth of charges, most of which are connected to his call for the independence of the southeastern region of Nigeria.

He was first seen in the public in Jerusalem on October 18 after he went underground in September 2017 following the deployment of troops to the southeastern city of Umuahia. He said he left Nigeria because the court could not guarantee his safety.

His claims that he is currently in Israel have raised questions about how he was able to travel that far when his travel documents are still with the Nigerian government.

Although his lawyer Ifeanyi Ejiofor had earlier claimed that only the Nigerian government can explain the whereabouts of the separatist leader, he said in a statement earlier in the month that his client was the man shown in a video posted to Facebook.

“My client is the very person seen in the pictures/video. That I can confirm authoritatively,” Ejiofor said.

In a later message also posted to Radio Biafra’s Facebook, a man claiming to be Kanu said he was ready to bring “hell” to Nigeria.

But a Nigerian government spokesman said Kanu posed no threat to the country’s internal security.

“We see the re-enactment of his bizarre, episodic threat as a mere distraction which will not be allowed to detract from the existing cordial relationships between Nigeria and other countries,” said presidential spokesman Garba Shehu.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/nigerian-government-rejected-my-demands-nnamdi-kanu/amp

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by JasonScoolari: 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2018
“I ask them to open Calabar seaport and
Warri Seaport, I did this in writing and gave
it to them, I told them to dredge River
Niger, allow the direct international flight to
Europe and USA from Enugu, Igweocha and
Calabar airport.”
Kanu said he also demanded the release of
former Nigerian security adviser Sambo
Dasuki and the leader of the Islamic
Movement of Nigeria Ibrahim El-Zakzaky

Nnamdi Kanu, A very brilliant young man but he's too violent and abusive. I wish him and his followers well.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by LamidiCownu: 2:07pm On Oct 28, 2018
Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by Hopebringer: 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2018
Good demands but from a stupid person

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by chiagozien(m): 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
God bless mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

We must get our freedom.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by chiagozien(m): 2:59pm On Oct 28, 2018
Hopebringer:
Good demands but from a stupid person
you yorubas hate igbos but i dont know why you people still want to share the same country with them.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by zombieTRACKER: 3:01pm On Oct 28, 2018
Buhari can't grant you such demands...
Common sense can tell you that

It's high time this Nnamdi kanu guy stops making front page.... Mods take note
Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by wirinet(m): 3:14pm On Oct 28, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Calabar airport.”

Nnamdi Kanu, A very brilliant young man but he's too violent and abusive. I wish him and his followers well.

What's brilliant about demanding opening of Warri port, release of Dasuki and El-Zakzaky?
Is Warri part of Biafra? Are Dasuki and El-Zakzaky Biafrans? Why not demand for the release of his fellow IPOB members, who he left behind in prison.

Kanu is taking as if the Fulanis are dumb and cannot demand for the release of their own people.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by JasonScoolari: 3:17pm On Oct 28, 2018
wirinet:

What's brilliant about demanding opening of Warri port, release of Dasuki and El-Zakzaky?
Is Warri part of Biafra? Are Dasuki and El-Zakzaky Biafrans? Why not demand for the release of his fellow IPOB members, who he left behind in prison.

Kanu is taking as if the Fulanis are dumb and cannot demand for the release of their own people.
Kindly forward your complaints to @radiobiafra.co.uk

Thanks!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by EternalTruths: 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2018
wirinet:

This is the most foolish comment on Nairaland this week.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by mabea: 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Calabar airport.”

If you look at it critically you will discover that kanu is fighting for the common man the biafra movement is just a bait.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by JasonScoolari: 3:37pm On Oct 28, 2018
mabea:
If you look at it critically you will discover that kanu is fighting for the common man the biafra movement is just a bait.
We're still saying the same thing.

He's just too violent and abusive.
Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by wirinet(m): 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2018
EternalTruths:

This is the most foolish comment on Nairaland this week.
You guys are the most confused human beings on the surface of the earth. You said you are fighting for an independent igbo state and yet you are demanding for things that has nothing to do with igbo causes. Warri people are capable of making their demands known, they do not need igbos or even yorubas to make demands on their behalf. Warri had never been part of Biafra.

Dasuki and El-Zakzaky are Fulanis. The hatred for Fulanis is the main reason IPOB wants out of Nigeria, so how come IPOB has now become the main fighter for Fulanis interest?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by bluke(m): 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2018
wirinet:

also demanded that JACK be brought back to life
Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by wirinet(m): 3:41pm On Oct 28, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Kindly forward your complaints to @radiobiafra.co.uk

Thanks!

Abeg, watin concern me with radio Biafra? I have no interest whatsoever in their message. I only respond if my homeland, warri is mentioned by any IPOB member or their suppperter.
Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by mabea: 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2018
JasonScoolari:
We're still saying the same thing.
He's just too violent and abusive.
Exactly, wrong aproach.
Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by JasonScoolari: 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2018
wirinet:

Abeg, watin concern me with radio Biafra? I have no interest whatsoever in their message. I only respond if my homeland, warri is mentioned by any IPOB member or their suppperter.
I be strong Ekpan boy if you nor know. I think it will do you good if you can just ignore their threads or anything about Kanu.
Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by Nasafina(f): 3:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
[s]
wirinet:

You guys are the most confused human beings on the surface of the earth. You said you are fighting for an independent igbo state and yet you are demanding for things that has nothing to do with igbo causes. Warri people are capable of making their demands known, they do not need igbos or even yorubas to make demands on their behalf. Warri had never been part of Biafra.

Dasuki and El-Zakzaky are Fulanis. The hatred for Fulanis is the main reason IPOB wants out of Nigeria, so how come IPOB has now become the main fighter for Fulanis interest?
[/s]

Your brain needs reset

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by wirinet(m): 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2018
Nasafina:
[s][/s]

Your brain needs reset

Your own brain needs to be formated, virus infected.
How can warri port, Dasuli and El-Zakzaky be part of a concession for dropping Biafra? I just don't get the connection.
Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by EternalTruths: 4:21pm On Oct 28, 2018
wirinet:

If your education is not substandard, you would have known that you never oppose one whose struggle will favour you.

Eg I will never oppose a Fulani whose struggle will favor me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by wirinet(m): 4:26pm On Oct 28, 2018
EternalTruths:

If your education is not substandard, you would have known that you never oppose one whose struggle will favour you.

Eg I will never oppose a Fulani whose struggle will favor me.

Please explain how El-Zakzaky's struggles will favour you? Maybe you are a shiite muslim or maybe El-Zakzaky has employed Kanu and you as his solicitor.
Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by EternalTruths: 4:46pm On Oct 28, 2018
wirinet:

Please explain how El-Zakzaky's struggles will favour you? Maybe you are a shiite muslim or maybe El-Zakzaky has employed Kanu and you as his solicitor.

If you were properly educated, you would have known that the injustice against your neighbor will definitely get to your doorstep and vice versa.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by BiafraIShere(m): 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2018
El Zakzacky and Dasuki are not our business, but I would like to know what the concession Nnamdi Kanu is demanding for. Could it be referendum or regionalism with full control of resources to the constituent parts??

What a torn in the flesh Nnamdi Kanu has become to Nigeria grin grin
Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by Nasafina(f): 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2018
[s]
wirinet:

Your own brain needs to be formated, virus infected.
How can warri port, Dasuli and El-Zakzaky be part of a concession for dropping Biafra? I just don't get the connection.
[/s]

You're such a bitter person

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by OneDollarSalary(m): 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2018
[s]
Nasafina:

You're such a bitter person
[/s]
You're the bitter one here, bro. Don't you think so?

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by BiafraIShere(m): 5:11pm On Oct 28, 2018
JasonScoolari:
[i]“I ask them to open Calabar seaport and
Calabar airport.”
[/

How is he violent?? Has IPOB ever taken up arms or killed anyone before?? Nnamdi Kanu's approach is the best and smartest way to go about it, especially against a state that is notorious for killing the meek and gentle but rewards those that are forceful. Where is Ken Saro Wiwa who chose to be meek and gentle in his approach?? He was hanged!!
Nnamdi Kanu is giving voice to the oppressed and vulnerable in Nigeria, and history will remember him for that.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by Ndonu101: 5:20pm On Oct 28, 2018
Nnamdi Kanu was not elected by anyone to make any demands for Igbos

If he wants to speak for Igbos he should seek election among Igbos and put his popularity to test

He has no legitimacy
Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by Olatunji1929: 5:32pm On Oct 28, 2018
BiafraIShere:
El Zakzacky and Dasuki are not our business, but I would like to know what the concession Nnamdi Kanu is demanding for. Could it be referendum or regionalism with full control of resources to the constituent parts??

What a torn in the flesh Nnamdi Kanu has become to Nigeria grin grin
kindly forward your question to kanu aka mr jack,emma powerful or radio biafra they will answer your question
Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by Nasafina(f): 5:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
[s]
OneDollarSalary:

Mynd44, lalasticlala rule 2.
This person have multiple female monikers he us in abusing people here.
If this person is not banned, I know what to do.
[/s]

Why cry boy

Trouble de sleep yanga come wake am

Na wetin e de fine

Re: Biafra: "Nigerian Government Rejected My Demands" - Nnamdi Kanu by Peacemaker5128: 5:37pm On Oct 28, 2018
Tell cownu that he is pig and idiot

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahmed Lawan: Before PMB Crowns An Enemy, By Abdullahi Suleiman / An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians / How I Ran Central Bank Of Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.