Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? (8191 Views)

Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery / Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians? / Payment Of Unemployed Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by ogapikin: 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2018
If you’ve ever wondered how to earn passive income from your website, this post is going to become your new Bible. This goes without saying that you have to have a website or a form of online channel before you can have a successful affiliate campaign.

In other words…

Want to make a few extra bucks on the side without doing much?
Or maybe you’re wondering how to become an affiliate marketer and quit your day job?
Unfortunately, affiliate marketing is not something you can just wake up and decide you want to start. You have to build a structure first and this structure entails building an audience that trusts you, and then offering products or services that will genuinely help that audience.

Affiliate marketing is really just a quicker way to offer products and services without creating them yourself.

In practice, it’s a modern interpretation of a very old idea — getting a commission on a sale. You introduce your readers to products or services from trusted companies or individuals and get a commission on any sales to customers you send their way.

For bloggers, that means you find a product or service that you like, promote it to your readers, and earn part of the profit on each sale that you make.

Let’s give an example; so you decided to start a fashion blog/website in which you plan on updating your content just about every time. After consistently uploading quality content for a month or two. Let’s take a break and look at the keywords consistently and quality.

Consistency: it goes without saying as a new blogger or a blogger generally, one of the best ways to garner traction is to frequently churn out content. It’s best to have a blogging schedule of some sorts so your audience can know when a new post is up. This will generally keep them coming back when they know that at a certain time you will have a new post up. However, if your posting schedule is just all over the place, posting a day and then disappearing till the next two weeks, you should not expect your audience to come back, as a matter of fact, you will be viewed as unserious and uneducated.

Quality: posting consistently is key but so is posting quality content. As a fashion blogger or a blogger in any niche for that matter, you should know that posting quality content is what will make your audience trust you.

A quality content entails

1. Research; you need to take your time out to research any topic from several sources so you will be well informed about the topic you’re writing on.

2. Good Pictorial representation; as a fashion blogger, it goes without saying that you will need a lot of pictures, one or two Is enough depending on the length of the content you’re writing.

3. Structure: your content needs to be well structured to encourage easy readability.
With consistent quality content, you can build a loyal audience within two months. After these two months, as a fashion blogger, you can send a message to fashion brands that you are willing to sell their products on your blog. Now, you need to understand that affiliate Marketing is plain different from just advertising a product on your brand. Most times it feels natural, like you’re recommending the product rather than advertising. In essence this is content marketing, you’re marketing to your audience without actually marketing.

After this, most brands will be interested so they will give you a special link to include in your related posts (a little about this later). When readers click on these links and buy from the brand, you get a small commission at no extra cost to your audience. Most times these companies can even offer your audience special discounts or coupons.

Things to Consider When Choosing Your Affiliate Brands

1. The brands have to be related to your blog/website niche. You cannot be writing about fashion then include a food link. When you do that it will be obvious you’re advertising and your blog will not be well represented, you have to include links to just fashion products. Furthermore, the product you’re linking to should be very related to the topic you’re writing about. You can’t be writing about African prints and then include links to trendy jeans. You should foremost include links to where they can buy quality African prints from.

2. Make sure the brand produces quality products. It’s advisable to have patronised them at one point or have a trusted friend who has. This is so you can judge the quality of their products before vouching for them. Remember when you include links to a product for your readers, you are recommending that product and when that brand does not deliver quality products, it will have an adverse effect on the credibility of your blog as whole.

3. The product has to genuinely help your audience at that point.

We will be writing more about affiliate marketing tomorrow for the continuation of this post.

i can show you how to start affiliate marketing profitably with clickbank in nigeria without a website or blog at the source

SEE ARTILCE SOURCE
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by ogapikin: 3:48pm On Oct 28, 2018

Thanks for the info Jagaban. I have few questions for you and I'll be glad if you provide me with the appropriate answers. They are as follows;

1. What is the minimum and maximum number of products I can promote at a time?

2. Do I have to create a squeeze page for every product am promoting? If yes, where would they be re-directed to the moment someone opts-in?

3. Is it possible and advisable to promote different products from different niches at a time?

4. Is my landing page the same as my blog? If yes, can I do as above in question "3" on it?

5. Kindly clear my fear on these ones while I ruminate on the other areas I have questions.

Thank you.

1. for my affiliate marketing i mostly use clickbank and i promote not less than 5-10 different products at a time and i have never heard of any limitation to number of products you can promote.

2. yes. every new product you want to promote needs a unique squeeze page. the squeeze pages can be on a single domain and hosting. this is the reason why i advice buying general name domains instead of niche specific domains. e.g supercourses over looseweight dot com. the reason is that you want to promote many products on the same domain. it will not look wise to promote make money products on looseweight domain.

3. yes if you can handle it. no if you cant. i personally promote any product in most niches if i have an hungry traffic for it. but this does not in anyway mean that a person subscribe to my make money list and i will start sending him dog training promotions. i will never do that.

4. a landing page is the page you direct your visitors to. if i say a landing page in this context i basically mean a squeeze page. a squeeze page is a single page where you collect potential buyer email addresses. partly answered in 3 above

5. visitors to your squeeze page are potential buyers. if they optin to your list, they are interested and most likely willing to buy. after subscribing to your squeeze page they should be redirected to your hoplink. that is the product you are promoting using your unique hoplink. if they buy instantly fine, if they dont, you already have their mails and your mailing series will follow them up.

will you like to have a peep on how i made over N271,500 from affiliate marketing within just 5days? see it here
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by anitasoll(f): 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2018
This is absolutely true. With affiliate marketing you can live the life of your dreams
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by ogawisdom(m): 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2018
It is called igba oso ahia in Igbo

If u kw u kw

Helping people sell their market for some cuts

8 Likes

Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by mrp0806: 4:36pm On Oct 28, 2018
I don't think so, the business is not for everybody
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by Knox123(m): 4:37pm On Oct 28, 2018
I will comment later after Barca vs Real Madrid match... Barca winning already grin
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by sandraade(f): 4:37pm On Oct 28, 2018
This same Affiliate Jagaban. Why changing monika everytime?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 28, 2018
One idiot relying himself

6 Likes

Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 28, 2018
U make so much money den y selling 3k ebook Reason is u make nothing

21 Likes

Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by ogapikin: 4:38pm On Oct 28, 2018
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by ogapikin: 4:38pm On Oct 28, 2018
anitasoll:
This is absolutely true. With affiliate marketing you can live the life of your dreams

yes you are very correct bro. if you automate your campaigns and start seeing the money flooding in without having to do anything, you will appreciate the freedom more.
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by ogapikin: 4:39pm On Oct 28, 2018
yeyerolling:
U make so much money den y selling 3k ebook Reason is y make nothing

bro how i wish i have the time and space to free you from this mentality. i will say a few words. a word is said to be enough for the wise.

a report revealed that an average millionaire have at least 7 streams of income. usually it is not the price you sell a product that matters but the number of sales that count. dangote still sell a bag of cement for around N2000. if he has all the money he claim to have why is he selling a 2k products?

Akin alabi founder of Nairabet, currently one of the richest youth in the country sells his recently launched book for as low as N5000. is it because he makes nothing?

you asked why its being sold cheap as if, if it is priced a million naira you would be be able to afford it.

bro silence is the key when you have nothing logical to say.

12 Likes

Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by IrokoOluwere: 4:42pm On Oct 28, 2018
anitasoll:
Trash

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 4:42pm On Oct 28, 2018
I need guide on how affiliate marketing works
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by narutop: 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2018
Affiliate marketing is good but you will be accused of being a fraudster. That is the mentality of nigerians.
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by hardeycute(m): 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2018
Different monikers, same trash.
I blame the mod(s) who push your post to FP.

On your question, NO, it cannot be the ultimate employer!!

10 Likes

Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by crowniran(m): 4:45pm On Oct 28, 2018
If you ain't practising wat u preach... may joy be far from you... @affliatejagaban

2 Likes

Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by opalu: 4:46pm On Oct 28, 2018
In marketing you don't use phrases or words that turn off a segment of your readers. By using the phrase "..will be your new Bible", you locked the hearts of a large chunk of your audience. Could you ever use the Qu'ran as you talk about the Bible? So this thrash you wrote there is now the new Bible we will be reading abi and the Holy Bible will become "Old Bible"? That is insensitive of you

7 Likes

Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by cacmatter: 4:51pm On Oct 28, 2018
Yes if you choose the right products to market.
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by ogapikin: 5:01pm On Oct 28, 2018
cacmatter:
Yes if you choose the right products to market.

well said. once you take the right product to the right audience, the result is usually bigger bank accounts.
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by JerryQ: 5:14pm On Oct 28, 2018
Forex trade has better potentials
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:16pm On Oct 28, 2018
Lazy youths EVERYWHERE.... see them avoiding a thread that will change their lives like a plague....but you will see them shouting STEW STEW , Tiwa, Wizkid, on threads that adds no value to their lives!

What manner of youth!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by issylarry(m): 5:19pm On Oct 28, 2018
ogapikin:

1. for my affiliate marketing i mostly use clickbank and i promote not less than 5-10 different products at a time and i have never heard of any limitation to number of products you can promote.

2. yes. every new product you want to promote needs a unique squeeze page. the squeeze pages can be on a single domain and hosting. this is the reason why i advice buying general name domains instead of niche specific domains. e.g supercourses over looseweight dot com. the reason is that you want to promote many products on the same domain. it will not look wise to promote make money products on looseweight domain.

3. yes if you can handle it. no if you cant. i personally promote any product in most niches if i have an hungry traffic for it. but this does not in anyway mean that a person subscribe to my make money list and i will start sending him dog training promotions. i will never do that.

4. a landing page is the page you direct your visitors to. if i say a landing page in this context i basically mean a squeeze page. a squeeze page is a single page where you collect potential buyer email addresses. partly answered in 3 above

5. visitors to your squeeze page are potential buyers. if they optin to your list, they are interested and most likely willing to buy. after subscribing to your squeeze page they should be redirected to your hoplink. that is the product you are promoting using your unique hoplink. if they buy instantly fine, if they dont, you already have their mails and your mailing series will follow them up.

will you like to have a peep on how i made over N271,500 from affiliate marketing within just 5days? see it here

How did u create your click bank account
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by Codedboy95(m): 5:23pm On Oct 28, 2018
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by ogapikin: 5:32pm On Oct 28, 2018
issylarry:

How did u create your click bank account

i use a uk vpn and a personal strategy. although not all vpns will work.
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by moneyadulttube: 5:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
check my signature to get started with adult affiliate marketing
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by abbey621(m): 5:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
Affiliate marketing will not help unemployed Nigerian youths, most Nigerian youths do not have a website, they cannot aafford the technical and business skills necessary to maintain such websites. They cannot afford the fees and above all they do not have the network(people) necessary for affiliate marketing to be truly profitable.
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Be The Ultimate Employer Of Unemployed Nigerian Youths? by ogapikin: 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2018
abbey621:
Affiliate marketing will not help unemployed Nigerian youths, most Nigerian youths do not have a website, they cannot aafford the technical and business skills necessary to maintain such websites. They cannot afford the fees and above all they do not have the network(people) necessary for affiliate marketing to be truly profitable.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Architectural Design Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex / Diesel Takes Up 80% Of Our Profit - Manufacturers Association Of Nigeria (MAN) / Business To Do And Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.