Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,013 members, 7,799,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Do Good People Exist? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Do Good People Exist? (276 Views)

Know It Good People Still Exist / Know It, Good People Still Exist / Do Good In Silence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Good People Exist? by UniqueNdy(m): 6:15pm On Oct 28, 2018
I have heard that good people don't exist. But I've got a different testimony- they do. Rare gem is different from no gem.

Months ago, I met Mr Elvis Akpobi Majority (Convener of the Not Too Young To Lead Initiative) in an eatery that looks so nice that you might feed on your fingers for food if you have none.

While discussing and presenting my book to him(Mr Elvis), a man greeted from another end of the eatery, showering pleasant initials and titles to Mr Elvis. I never took cognizance of the man to present my book to him. Here, I'd lacked a major quality of a good business man. If not, it would had lingered in my mind to present the book to him. I left them in their discussion with a hurrying feet to go presenting my book elsewhere (which wasn't successful).

Days later, I was chatting and smiling on my bed, I could not go out because I was ill. My phone beeped with messenger notification. The head that appeared looks familiar. It was Mr Nnaemeka Nicholas Nwonu- the man who came into the eatery that day.

Oh my God! I never introduced myself to him that day. He inquired if I was the one who he met at the eatery with Mr Elvis. I affirmed. We got to know each other better that day.

He didn't pick offence, He asked about my book, I gave him details, and he bought ten copies which he gave to some youths in his church.

Bad enough, my ailment could not make me do the presentation myself, my younger brother stood in my place to make the presentation.

Still, Mr Nnaemeka wished me quick recovery, he never felt bad that I never came to him myself, I plan making up for that. He is such a good man. He was never disappointed.

Since they say 'as good as gold', in him I've seen pots filled with golds. He's filled with goodness and greatness.
May God bless and reward him handsomely.

Verily verily, I say unto you that good people still exist.

#MakeItHappen

Ndubuisi Precious Umebei
Author, Make It Happen.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Publiseer Invited To Geneva Book Fair / ... / Love In A Time Of Secession(drama)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.