Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,012 members, 7,799,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) (48656 Views)

Airplane Runs Into Ditch During Takeoff In Lagos / No Survivor In Lekki Fatal Accident As Seven Youths Die / South African Student Missed The Russian Plane Which Crashed With No Survivor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by SarkinYarki: 8:01am On Oct 29, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
I think trains are safer than planes.

No planes are far safer than trains

1 Like

Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by MissJoy29(f): 8:03am On Oct 29, 2018
emsco:
last week was week of griev for everyone around the world,so many bad news and airplane crash.Lost my precious mum last Wednesday.
Eeyah! So sorry. Please take heart.
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by Gkemz: 8:04am On Oct 29, 2018
Such a tragic and unexpected loss similar to Saturday's tragic event. We wake up every morning not knowing what day holds for us. Whether we will survive the day or whether we won't. That's why we always need to be in a good rapport with our maker so that even if we fall by day, we won't miss the ultimate crown, heaven. Moments like this calls for a sober reflection.

2 Likes

Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by 8stargeneral: 8:06am On Oct 29, 2018
Wht a tragedy cry cry
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by MissJoy29(f): 8:07am On Oct 29, 2018
SarkinYarki:

I am an aviation head so I know the edge each has in the market but Airbus vs Boeing is now a cultish argument, like Messi vs Ronaldo , Ferrari vs Lamborghini, real Madrid vs Barcelona yo can never convince their supporters that the other is better
Exactly! But truth be told, they are both good.

2 Likes

Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by blunt(m): 8:10am On Oct 29, 2018
If it were to be a report from Nigeria (God forbid) you will be seeing graphic pictures everywhere.......Say no to graphic pictures, its hardening the mind of our younger ones, it has a way of making blood look common.... RIP to the dead,so sad.

1 Like

Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by WaffenSS(m): 8:10am On Oct 29, 2018
Jarus:
Indonesia again? Looks lie that country has high rate of aviation incidents.

Meanwhile, most air crashes occur at take off or landing.

True

Max pilot workload and stress on the airframe, and 90% of the time it's pilot error.

RIP
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by Germandude: 8:12am On Oct 29, 2018
SarkinYarki:

I am an aviation head so I know the edge each has in the market but Airbus vs Boeing is now a cultish argument, like Messi vs Ronaldo , Ferrari vs Lamborghini, real Madrid vs Barcelona yo can never convince their supporters that the other is better
that's true anyway

1 Like

Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by MissJoy29(f): 8:13am On Oct 29, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
I think trains are safer than planes.
Oh no! So not true. Planes are safer. In fact they are so safe that they are adjudged to be "safer than climbing a ladder".

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by DabuIIIT: 8:19am On Oct 29, 2018
RIP

But buhari sef
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by Ranchhoddas: 8:27am On Oct 29, 2018
MissJoy29:

Oh no! So not true. Planes are safer. In fact they are so safe that they are adjudged to be "safer than climbing a ladder".
I know everyone says planes are safer but trains rarely get involved in mishaps and when they do, people have a higher chance of survival.
I just don't get why everyone says planes are safer.

1 Like

Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by johnjay4u2u(m): 8:35am On Oct 29, 2018
it's 189 so sad
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by Reference(m): 8:43am On Oct 29, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Damn lion airline , one of the inspiring low budget carriers in Asia ..RIP..I hope Air peace checking and rechecking and improving their safety and flight checklists procedures to avert such in the future as the fleet and operations expand .

I gather the Aircraft involved is the latest boeing 737 MAX that was just released by Boeing and has been receiving great accolades...this is a big blow to marketing and safety received of the 737 MAX and Boeing industries as this shall raise a lot of scepticism if the The 737 MAX can leave up to the wonderful safety and work horse records of earlier 737 models.... I am huge fan of the 737 series and infact pound for pound I consider them the most reliable planes ever built

They are the best and most reliable aircraft ever built. The report to the fact that it climbed unevenly before crashing will immediately suggest preflight checklists were probably not done properly and the control surfaces not configured for the flight plan attempted. Just my two cents.

1 Like

Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by MissJoy29(f): 8:43am On Oct 29, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
I know everyone says planes are safer but trains rarely get involved in mishaps and when they do, people have a higher chance of survival.
I just don't get why everyone says planes are safer.
Do you know the number of planes that are in the air every second around the world? The number will blow your mind! For busy airports like Heathrow in London or in Dubai and Atlanta, planes take off almost like every 10 seconds(or even less).

And oh, for trains, the fast ones (speed trains and cables) don't make it easy for fatality rate to be low. Except you are talking about the really slow and outdated ones we have here. Again, there are unarguably, more passengers worldwide flying than more entering trains. Take for instance, that we don't hear of sea mishaps often doesn't mean they are safe too or safer than flying. We will judge that when we have as much flying passengers as those travelling by sea.

Do these points address your "wonder"?

2 Likes

Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by Henjor48(m): 8:48am On Oct 29, 2018
Chai 188 souls gone in Indonesia.

But Buhari why?

Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by danpossible(m): 8:48am On Oct 29, 2018
RIP to them all
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by bostiko: 8:50am On Oct 29, 2018
No survivor.... Rip
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by AFONJACOW(m): 8:57am On Oct 29, 2018
Nigeria Air Force 1 is next in line, God has many way of liberating his people
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by osemmie: 8:58am On Oct 29, 2018
Its is well
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by Reference(m): 9:00am On Oct 29, 2018
MissJoy29:

Do you know the number of planes that are in the air every second around the world? The number will blow your mind! For busy airports like Heathrow in London or in Dubai and Atlanta, planes take off almost like every 10 seconds(or even less).

Actually the data is subjective. Yes they say planes are the safest and your humble automobile is the most hazardous means of transport. Indeed what goes for aircraft is compounded miles per incident. Yes planes travel very, very far before eventually falling out of the sky, but by every means do realise that there are a lot, a lot more cars carrying a whole lot more people on a daily basis round the world so you can excuse the horrendous figures.

But a point of note. The bulk of accidents are caused by human error in every transport segment so to lower the statistic and your chances of being involved in an accident, ply a means that has the largest number of passengers per unit operator. A car will typically 4 plus 1, a bus 14 to 90 plus 1, an aircraft 100 to 700 plus 2 to 3, a train typically 100 to 1000 plus 2 to 3, and the safest of them all, an ocean liner tyoically 2000 to 4000 plus 5 to 10 decision makers.

Transport safety is relative and subjective. Donot take the stats at face value. The devil is in the detail. When an aircraft goes down it literally makes waves.
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by AtikuDeman: 9:03am On Oct 29, 2018
emsco:
last week was week of griev for everyone around the world,so many bad news and airplane crash.Lost my precious mum last Wednesday.
My sincere condolences. ...Please kindly accept
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by Osaroman(m): 9:04am On Oct 29, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Damn lion airline , one of the inspiring low budget carriers in Asia ..RIP..I hope Air peace checking and rechecking and improving their safety and flight checklists procedures to avert such in the future as the fleet and operations expand .

I gather the Aircraft involved is the latest boeing 737 MAX that was just released by Boeing and has been receiving great accolades...this is a big blow to marketing and safety received of the 737 MAX and Boeing industries as this shall raise a lot of scepticism if the The 737 MAX can leave up to the wonderful safety and work horse records of earlier 737 models.... I am huge fan of the 737 series and infact pound for pound I consider them the most reliable planes ever built
True. infact i think they are now compromising the ruggedity of the 737 classics with efficency.

1 Like

Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by Burgerlomo: 9:09am On Oct 29, 2018
So sad, Lord have mercy cool
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by ACHILLES45: 9:13am On Oct 29, 2018
sirusX:
Unexpected disaster just like the helicopter accident

No one knows tomorrow. Our prayer is for the grace to live a life worthy of heaven

oga there is neither hell nor heaven. just live your good life while you are still alive. period
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by sirusX(m): 9:17am On Oct 29, 2018
ACHILLES45:

oga there is neither hell nor heaven. just live your good life while you are still alive. period

I'm not here to preach...as everyone has their own opinion.

Just make the most of each day....as tomorrow is not guaranteed

1 Like

Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by Mizwisdom(f): 9:22am On Oct 29, 2018
If it happened in Nigeria some would have said it's the end of the world.

RIP
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by Ranchhoddas: 9:49am On Oct 29, 2018
MissJoy29:

And oh, for trains, the fast ones (speed trains and cables) don't make it easy for fatality rate to be low. Except you are talking about the really slow and outdated ones we have here. Again, there are unarguably, more passengers worldwide flying than more entering trains. Take for instance, that we don't hear of sea mishaps often doesn't mean they are safe too or safer than flying. We will judge that when we have as much flying passengers as those travelling by sea.

Do these points address your "wonder"?
According to a little research I just did, the fatality rates for train mishaps is about 0.43 per billion miles while it's 0.07 per billion miles for air disasters.

This is not very significant in the grand scheme of things and Lord knows I will feel more at peace on a train than I felt on my last flight.
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by eodavids(m): 10:08am On Oct 29, 2018
Explorers:
Occurred this morning.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/10/28/world/asia/indonesia-lion-air-plane-crash.amp.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

From a Christian's point of view, Indonesia needs God now, more than ever. They should draw closer to The Master of the universe.
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by themanderon: 10:32am On Oct 29, 2018
At times I ask myself this question "what is the meaning of life"? One moment you are here and the next thing you are gone never to be seen again by those you love and those who love you too. All the money, cars, houses, family, friends etc means nothing to you at this moment. Its you and just you alone. Hmmmm....
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 29, 2018
My heartfelt condolence to the affected families.
R.I.P to the dead.
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by engrjacuzzi: 10:39am On Oct 29, 2018
what a black weekend for some family... RIP to the dead
Re: Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) by emsco(m): 10:48am On Oct 29, 2018
AtikuDeman:
My sincere condolences. ...Please kindly accept
Thanks ...God bless u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia / Keke Driver Spotted With Overloaded Tricycle (Photo) / Hungry Looking Camel In Abuja Zoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.