Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,831 members, 7,806,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m (15513 Views)

Man Kills And Buries His Best Friend In Ebonyi Because Of N3m Million (Photos) / Man Pretending To Be A Mad Man, Caught With A Baby In Ogun State (Graphic Photos / Man Killed And Buried In A Farm In Ebonyi Because Of N3M! (Graphic Photos!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by nairalaila: 6:07am On Oct 29, 2018
The operatives of the Special Intelligence Response Team, IRT, have arrested a 38-year-old man, Omoniyi Ademola, who defrauded Senator Tayo Alasodura of N3 million, while pretending to be a female relative.

The suspect who launched a WhatsApp support group for the Senator using a woman’s picture and putting up favourable post on the group daily which the Senator was also a member of, started defrauding the lawmaker in June 2016, during his campaign for the Ondo State governorship election.

The suspect who is a native of Ikare-Akoko area of Ondo State, however ran into trouble in September, when he attempted to defraud the Senator of an additional N5 million, while claiming he has been kidnapped by some bandits operating along the Abuja-Kaduna Highway.

“He (Senator) was moved by the support I gave him on the group and wanted to know why I was showing so much interest in his campaign since he didn’t commission me to do so.

“I identified myself as Deborah, one of his distant relatives, schooling in Jos. He believed me, then I started swindling him.”

Ademola who sent a text message to the Senator in Hausa dialect, begging him to pay N5 million as ransom or he (Ademola) would be killed, was busted after IRT operatives, led by Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari, discovered during investigations that the said bandit was nowhere near the Abuja-Kaduna Highway, but was in Akure, Ondo State.

The arrested suspect further said; 

“My phone has an application that could turn my voice from that of a man to a woman. “During our chats, I told Senator that I needed money to write my project and he sent me some money and after writing my project, I told him that I had no money to come back home and he sent me some money.

“But few days later, I called and told him that I was involved in an accident and my leg would be amputated. He took pity on me and said he would spend any amount of money in ensuring that my leg was not amputated.

“He asked to speak with the doctor of the hospital I was taken to and I gave him my second number and spoke to him as the doctor. “He then sent me some money for my treatment and feeding. After a long time, he called to check how I was doing and I told him that I wasn’t improving.

“Then he directed me to a place in Ede, Osun State, to continue treatment and sent me money for the treatment and feeding.

“After some months, I called to inform him that I was fine and he asked me to come to Akure so he could see me. He sent me some money for transport.

“While he was expecting me, I sent him a text informing him I had been kidnapped. He immediately stopped talking to me and before I knew what was happening the Police came and arrested me.”

https://lailasnews.com/man-pretending-to-be-female-relative-defrauds-senator-alasodura-of-n3m/

lalasticlala

Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by Lifestone(m): 6:16am On Oct 29, 2018
How do you help people with all these. How do you know the ones in need truly

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by sirusX(m): 6:17am On Oct 29, 2018
This is the kind of act that discourages free giving from certain people...cz once defrauded, they become unwilling to assist anyone for fear of being magalized twice

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 29, 2018
Police arrested him because a senator is involved. If Nigeria police wan work, dem dey work.

Someone pretended to be an old customer, called my mechanic to come to a place to fix his car on a Sunday, the mechanic went there not knowing that they are gang of criminals.

To cut the story short, he got there, these guys lured him to a lonely place, collected his phone and asked their other victims to send all themoney in their account to the mechanic's account after which they went to the ATM and cleared all the money.

Next day we called the guy that called my mechanic, he picked and asked the mechanic to thank dem for not killing him.

We went to the police station, police called the guy he picked, but the police said they could do nothing, even when that phone could have successfully tracked them down.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by Opinionated: 10:33am On Oct 29, 2018
grin grin
Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by ACHILLES45: 10:37am On Oct 29, 2018
gullible aboki
Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:37am On Oct 29, 2018
T
Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by Akshow: 10:37am On Oct 29, 2018
3 million only and the senatoor is complaining. Not justifying the fraud but senator whoever u are stfu. Thats a peanut compared to the millions u steal from the collective wealth of the people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by dykedarlyn(m): 10:37am On Oct 29, 2018
I think this tend to show that the senator is a nice person with a good heart

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by Samfigo1(m): 10:38am On Oct 29, 2018
In as much as I don't support fraud. He already swindled the man 3M. Why not find something worthwhile to do with the money

Person wey get cap no get head and person wey get head no get cap

1 Like

Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by AngelicBeing: 10:38am On Oct 29, 2018
Hian, do people still fall for this kind of cheap scam that my dog called Donald can smell from afar shocked

Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by Kclique: 10:38am On Oct 29, 2018
Hmmmm.
What ever makes men susceptible to female stunts is the biases men have for their follow men.
Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by latsy: 10:38am On Oct 29, 2018
When national cake hooks you in the throat grin
Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by kinglyt: 10:39am On Oct 29, 2018
[

“My phone has an application that could turn my voice from that of a man to a woman. “[color=#006600][/color]

All those epistle no concern me abeg who sabi this app.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by Houseofglam7(f): 10:40am On Oct 29, 2018
Oh shit!
Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by kiduzecase: 10:40am On Oct 29, 2018
ahh omo shapra pra...

ATTEND THIS PROFESSIONAL DIGITAL MARKETING MASTER-CLASS - NO BOREDOM. NO BLATHERING. NO BULLSHIT. 100% PRACTICAL!

The truth is this social media likes don’t necessarily turn to leads that eventually can turn to sales.

To be the Digital Media Marketer Employers and clients want to hire - you need to understand how to implement the digital media marketing mix - paid and guerilla marketing, social media management, build inbound traffic, content creation for Ads, create designs needed for your Ads campaign and email marketing etc

What you will learn and practice from this All-in-one Powerful Training!

- Actual Best Blogging Practices with SEO (including blogging mistakes and tips)
- SEO (Search Engine Best Practices)
- Practical Understand of Google Adwords and Google Adsense
- Practical Understand of Affiliate Marketing
- Practically learn how to manually GROW your Twitter and Instagram real followers
- Practical training on EMAIL MARKETING – tips and techniques
- GUERILLA MARKETING
- GRAPHICS DESIGN
- PLUS MUCH MORE

TRAINING COMMENCEMENT DATE: Tues, 13th of November, 2018. TIME: 10AM – 2PM DAILY

Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by MirJay: 10:41am On Oct 29, 2018
the senator sent money to a LovePeddler or so he thought not to any relative
Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by armadeo(m): 10:42am On Oct 29, 2018
Lol.

Senator

1 Like

Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by neutrotoba(m): 10:42am On Oct 29, 2018
Chief rigger of Ondo Elections. 3 million small nw
Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by neutrotoba(m): 10:43am On Oct 29, 2018
Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by sotall(m): 10:44am On Oct 29, 2018
Chai
Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by neutrotoba(m): 10:44am On Oct 29, 2018
Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by jordyspices: 10:47am On Oct 29, 2018
Greed
Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by ridbell01(m): 10:49am On Oct 29, 2018
iAudio:
Police arrested him because a senator is involved. If Nigeria police wan work, dem dey work.

Someone pretended to be an old customer, called my mechanic to come to a place to fix his car on a Sunday, the mechanic went there not knowing that they are gang of criminals.

To cut the story short, he got there, these guys lured him to a lonely place, collected his phone and asked their other victims to send all themoney in their account to the mechanic's account after which they went to the ATM and cleared all the money.

Next day we called the guy that called my mechanic, he picked and asked the mechanic to thank dem for not killing him.

We went to the police station, police called the guy he picked, but the police said they could do nothing, even when that phone could have successfully tracked them down.
my brother don't be a negative thinker lodge your complain at the nearest police station or call the state police public relation office go to the bank and collect your transaction details make sure you still have the callers no. I swear police we get them.
Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by OHCOMEON: 10:56am On Oct 29, 2018
MirJay:
the senator sent money to a LovePeddler or so he thought not to any relative
Did you read the full story? That wo(man) worked for him during his campaign and was therefore seeing it as assisting a relative in me.

1 Like

Re: Man Pretending To Be Female Relative Defrauds Senator Alasodura Of N3m by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 29, 2018
dykedarlyn:
I think this tend to show that the senator is a nice person with a good heart

No!!! men can do a lot of things for pu##y, if it was a guy he would not get such attention

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bandits Kill 29 In Fresh Attack On Southern Kaduna / Police Arrest 4 For Unlawful Possession Of Firearms In Abia (Photo) / “I Am As Guilty As Charged,” Fake Medical Doctor Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.