Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Complaint: How Glo Network Systematically Rip Off Customers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Complaint: How Glo Network Systematically Rip Off Customers (358 Views)

How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria / Discos Rip Off Customers With False Promise Of Power Supply Using Faulty Tariff / Is Gtbank Ripping Off Customers On Online Transactions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Complaint: How Glo Network Systematically Rip Off Customers by Niorte: 10:10am On Oct 29, 2018
It is sad that I'm writing about a network I've been using for over 13 years! But who cares, no network in Nigeria rewards loyalty rather the freebies are for new customers.

Having said that, I want to use this medium to complain about the systematic ripping off of customers by GLO network provider.

I have been a very loyal customers of GLO and I've spent over 100 of thousands within since I've been using the network. Few days ago, to be specific on Sunday 28 October 2018, I got information that the wife of my friend had just put to bed, I was very excited and wanted to call my friend. I realised I had no sufficient credit balance to make such calls. I had adequate balance on my MTN but I believed a Glo-to-Glo call would be economical. So I decided to use the BORROW ME CREDIT offer of Glo. I decided to borrow N200 then N30 was deducted as service charge. I was able to make a call through to my friend and his wife.

Fast forward to Monday, 29th October, 2018, I was about making a money transfer from my GTBank account using the 737 code. Then I realised I could not make a transfer because I have exhausted the credit I borrowed from GLO. So, I decided to payback my loan of N200 by paying from my bank account.

Here is the ripping off!

Using my bank account, I bought credit of N250 believing that would be able to take care of my N200 borrowed credit and the N50 balance sufficient to make the money transfer. Unfortunately, the credit I bought was credited into a separate account and was multiplied by 4 meaning GLO gave me N1000 but I still remained a debtor to them hence i could still not transfer money from my bank.

I called the customer care, I was told whenever a customer did not load a round figure like N200, N300 N500 or even N1000 such amount goes to a separate account.

To cut the long story short, I had to buy another N300 credit from my bank in order to offset my borrowed credit and made the money transfer

Glo Network brings up new offers without properly informing their esteemed customers hence causing us to pay more. Why should buying of credit of N250, N750 or even N1050 be channeled to a separate account that cannot be used to even send text messages to other network?

This is a systematic ripping off of customers!
NCC should do something
Re: Complaint: How Glo Network Systematically Rip Off Customers by Ayaobax: 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2020
They are just scamming people with credit and data,ole ppl

(1) (Reply)

6 strategies a business owner can nurture a successful presence on social media. / Use This Software And Get Up To 25,000 Customers Daily / Online tutorials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.